Firenze
63 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

USA gun violence thread - Page 16 Empty Re: USA gun violence thread

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:50 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Freeza wrote:
ES wrote:Its a very scary thing living there, i don't know how they do it, how do you go to the cinema in an environment like that? Trapped in a darkened room with 50 other people...like just how?

I'm so thankful to never have experienced any shooting or anything like that. I couldn't live a place where it seems like most people have guns and are willing to use them. I don't see the appeal.

I'm sure you would love to live in Switzerland. Culture and mentality is the bigger problem than ownership of guns itself IMO.

Of course culture is a bigger problem. No one has ever said anything else. But an organisation like NRA shouldn't be able to exist like that.

I have a whole lot of problems with American society in general. The Republican party is the main problem.
Poor people voting against their own self-interest. Anti-intellectualism. Fear-mongering. Gerrymandering (goes for Democrats too). I think that the US is f'ed up beyond repair really. And most, if not all, is the reason of their politicians.

War of drugs. War in general. No free education and healthcare for the less fortunate. Over the top capitalism. The impossibility of breaking your social heritage. I would probably never leave Denmark tbf. I feel safe. But there's still much to be done here.

Was at a weapon store last week. And the people owning it were openly selling knives to gang members who bragged about robberies, while they were laughinh together. Wasn't a comfortable experience.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:53 pm

It is possible to have liberal gunlaws. There should be very thorough background checks. No guns for criminals, license and mental reports etc.

It's also difficult to establish a healthy culture in regards to firearms, when the money in America are so prevalent to everything being passed in congress.

People are afraid of "losing their guns" so they hide them and buy more etc. Which is all a tactic from the NRA to make more money off the less intelligent people. Doubt that's the case in Switzerland.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:53 pm

lol at the people terrified of freedom, I wish the UK had a second amendment tbh. Life itself is dangerous, strongly disagree with anyone that tries to make it safe by going after people's liberties.
And don't think it isn't obvious why certain people scapegoat the availability of weapons as the reason for violence, rather than focusing on the people doing it and their motivations.

Last edited by DuringTheWar on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:10 am; edited 2 times in total
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:03 am

an 8 year old student has died
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:12 am

Firenze wrote:an 8 year old student has died
its very sad to hear things like that.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:12 am

USA gun violence thread - Page 16 66cb406441803e12b3cff4c293ca9568

if Sandy Hook didn't prompt widespread changes then nothing will ever prompt America to change, sad
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:38 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Agreed however the major problem now is getting the guns off of everybody

The types of people who won't hide their guns and willingly give them up are the types of people who are least likely to use them

Always dreamed of moving to Murica as a kid, still a possibility but unless they at least tone down the gun nonsense it's not my first choice any more.

Happily take my chances in all sorts of fighting situations, but ain't no amount of training going to help you when some *bleep* idiot pulls a gun out 60 ft away and starts spraying out of nowhere.

Agreed though tbh it's not really the major problem right now because right now America won't change any laws anyway. But yeah, once they decide to do that (if ever) it's a major problem and tbh I'm not sure how to solve it (short term).
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:54 am

zigra wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Agreed however the major problem now is getting the guns off of everybody

The types of people who won't hide their guns and willingly give them up are the types of people who are least likely to use them

Always dreamed of moving to Murica as a kid, still a possibility but unless they at least tone down the gun nonsense it's not my first choice any more.

Happily take my chances in all sorts of fighting situations, but ain't no amount of training going to help you when some *bleep* idiot pulls a gun out 60 ft away and starts spraying out of nowhere.

Agreed though tbh it's not really the major problem right now because right now America won't change any laws anyway. But yeah, once they decide to do that (if ever) it's a major problem and tbh I'm not sure how to solve it (short term).
the problem with laws are crazy people and crminals don't care about them
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:57 am

That's why it can't happen in the foreseeable future

Forcefully taking all the guns out of circulation is impossible, there would be so many ways around it. Murica dun *bleep* themselves up sadly.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:39 am

DuringTheWar wrote:lol at the people terrified of freedom, I wish the UK had a second amendment tbh. Life itself is dangerous, strongly disagree with anyone that tries to make it safe by going after people's liberties.
And don't think it isn't obvious why certain people scapegoat the availability of weapons as the reason for violence, rather than focusing on the people doing it and their motivations.
It helps if along with motivation you have a semi-automatic that can bought more easily than a condom.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:37 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:lol at the people terrified of freedom, I wish the UK had a second amendment tbh. Life itself is dangerous, strongly disagree with anyone that tries to make it safe by going after people's liberties.

strongly agree with this post
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:46 pm

USA gun violence thread - Page 16 C9j7BSKXkAEEB_n

Active shooter in Cleveland, number he mentions hasn't been confirmed, but he live-streamed  himself murder some random guy on the street via Facebook.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/16/us/cleveland-homicide-facebook-video/index.html?adkey=bn
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:11 pm

Wow. Just wow. The world :facepalm: Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 pm

shooter is still on the loose
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:43 pm

What an idiot. Unbelievable. I feel so bad for that nice old man, it was a mistake to watch the video of what he streamed.

This low life should be tortured until he drowns in his own blood.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:51 pm

Any articles on how easy Gun licenses started in America and why these laws were never amended?

I too opened the link on twitter expecting something else, Horrible. Why haven't the authorities found the first body yet? The killer claims 15, I hope he's joking.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:23 am

Have they found him? Have they located the site of the first apparent murder?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:16 pm

That is horrible and absolutely frightening, thank God i live in a sane country. *bleep* that guy and *bleep* the US for letting stuff like this resume
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:38 pm

America might be the financial superpower but culturally it is nowhere near the European countries.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Lucifer wrote:America might be the financial superpower but culturally it is nowhere near the European countries.

You mean the place, where in the 21st century Black and south American players are racially taunted on the pitch and have bananas thrown at them? hmm Or the place where Ministers can call nations full of 1+ billion people slant eyes and dog eaters and face no backlash? Or the place where no young person has a job and a bunch of 30 year olds stand outside stadiums and pelt the cars of players they felt didnt play up to scratch?

American culture is widely accepted. There is a reason why Hollywood is spread everywhere. Where Jazz and Rock have long replaced standards from the 18th century. Don't judge us by our worst elements.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Lucifer wrote:America might be the financial superpower but culturally it is nowhere near the European countries.

You mean the place, where in the 21st century Black and south American players are racially taunted on the pitch and have bananas thrown at them? hmm Or the place where Ministers can call nations full of 1+ billion people slant eyes and dog eaters and face no backlash? Or the place where no young person has a job and a bunch of 30 year olds stand outside stadiums and pelt the cars of players they felt didnt play up to scratch?

American culture is widely accepted. There is a reason why Hollywood is spread everywhere. Where Jazz and Rock have long replaced standards from the 18th century. Don't judge us by our worst elements.
if its that bad why do you live there.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

I don't live in Europe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Most of his post was about living in Europe Razz
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

I don't live in Europe.
I miss read it. I thought you were talking about the USA Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:36 pm

ES wrote:That is horrible and absolutely frightening, thank God i live in a sane country. *bleep* that guy and *bleep* the US for letting stuff like this resume

Disgusting to use his actions to attack innocent people for not giving up their freedom. Put the emotional blackmail where the sun doesn't shine, sonny, and worry instead about how many more freedoms your own society is going to give up because of the terrorism they've imported.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:41 pm

I mean i'm not the most liberal person you'll ever meet but ffs do you honestly trust your average joe to carry a *bleep* portable killing machine? I don't trust half the idiots I see to stop at red lights never mind having emotionally unstable *bleep* *bleep* with access to semi automatic weapons.

As I said now you can't take guns off of people, because the ones who circumvent it are the ones who will end up using them but they shouldn't be in this situation in the first place.

And I know about fighting tyrannical governments and blah blah blah but people need to wake up. When a government wants to control you they don't go on CNN and say "We're instilling a dictatorship try and stop us hurr durrrrr" they subtly control you through media, through laws and manipulation. No arsehole with a walther ppk is going to change that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next