futbol
The Franchise
windkick
44 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by windkick Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:16 pm

free_cat wrote:If we sign Laporte, I wouldn't be against him. It's the kind of signing I like, young but mature, tested at top level, from a second tier club and with room of improvement. However, he would command a stupid fee like he is a proven world class center back.

Hence, I think we should look for other options from CB that would be much cheaper AND are on paper better than Laporte. In la Liga alone, Mustafi and Gimenez pop to my mind as similar profile players (although Gimenez is poor on the ball, and we should assess if we think he can improve or adapt ala Puyol), while Godin would be another great option if we went for something more short term.

Having said that, I think that Bartra is at least as good as all of those guys if given a chance, but we still would need another CB if we do what it should be needed and offload Vermalen and Mathieu (so we would have 3 CB only).

Also, I'm not sure we'll sign a CB because Luis Enrique loves Mascherano and Vermaelen. If signing Laporte meant Masche to the bench, I'd be all for it. I'm pretty sure Laporte would be an upgrade to Mascherano.

Good shot out on Mustafi. I really like him tbh. Valencia actually has a few players I like, like Mustafi, Andres Gomes and Gaya might continue to improve.

linetty wrote:
windkick wrote:yea for real, also can't trust Bart and you have the constant legal issues of Spain's courts hanging over everyone's heads and the fact Barca want to raise revenue to remodel the Camp Nou. Also City has an influx of cash and the worlds most desirable coach to play for.

I think the idea of City snatching one of those 2 up is not some completely mind blowing thought. Suarez is the more likely to stay out of 3 if you ask me.
Suarez more likely to stay than Messi, really? Leo doesn't give a flying feck about Pep anymore. During the CL tie Pep went to shake his hand and Leo didn't even look at him.

Suarez and Messi look settled here. Neymar on the other hand has the tax thing stressing him out and his dad wants that money.
At there age and what we could get for them + what they are making in wages and will make in the future...Suarez is the cheapest option for us to keep. We can get a ton for Messi and Neymar, and Messi is already on huge wages and Neymar will sooner or later be making almost as much plus is only 23 so his transfer value is huge. So yes, I believe if the club were to consider selling one of 3, I bet Suarez would be the likeliest one to stay.
If City were to offer stupid money for Neymar, I could see his dad accepting the deal and getting the money and moving Neymar away from the tax/transfer saga they have going on here. I just don't see Neymar being as loyal to the badge as Messi has been. And if the club wants to seriously remodel the Camp Nou, and free up a massive amount of it's wage structure, what better way than to sell Messi to City for a world record fee? Plus besides Pep, he has Zabeletta and Aguero, his 2 best friends besides his old coach that got the best out of him over at City.
Again, not saying ANY of these scenarios are gonna happen, I'm just saying that I think from a business point of view I think it's likelier that Suarez would stay here out of the 3 forwards. Again...I don't believe any of them will leave (at least not for another year, then after that, who knows)

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:26 pm

Chelsea targeting Verma as Terry replacement:

With one of the best defenders of all time in the Premier League now on his way out, Chelsea need a strong replacement. And according to reports from Fichajes, the current English league holders are looking at Barcelona center-back Thomas Vermaelen.

The Belgian defender is still highly rated in England after his tenure at Arsenal, and seems to have left his famous injuries in the past in his second season with the Blaugrana. Vermaelen had an impressive start to the 2015-16 campaign with Barça, but his level of performances declined in January.

Still, he is a respected, experienced man in the Premier League, and if the reports are accurate, he is the guy Chelsea need to be the new Terry. If that is possible.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:51 pm

I encourage you to open the thread for the Valencia game Pirloisjesus. It's tomorroe right?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Well this might be my last appearance on GL for long time. I will be there just won't be as frequent as before Sad

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Barcelona are again interested in Mesut Ozil who has reportedly rejected a contract renewal offer- Bild
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:16 pm

If he doesn't sign new contract does it mean he is free agent?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:23 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:Well this might be my last appearance on GL for long time. I will be there just won't be as frequent as before Sad

WHY?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:33 pm

I am not as "non frequent" right now as I planned lol. Have study for kickass civil service exam which is supposed to be 2 nd most difficult in world No

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:51 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:I am not as "non frequent" right now as I planned lol. Have study for kickass civil service exam which is supposed to be 2 nd most difficult in world No

Padh le aache se. Thumbs up
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:04 pm

Dhanyawad bhai Thumbs up

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:45 pm

reported
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:08 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:I am not as "non frequent" right now as I planned lol. Have study for kickass civil service exam which is supposed to be 2 nd most difficult in world No

surely it can't be longer than 2-3 weeks
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:15 pm

No. It's in June have to keep low till then Sad

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:33 pm

What do you mean keep low Laughing
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:21 am

According to media resources in Spain, Metheu offered himself to Monaco for summer transfer window, but they refused him due to him being old (duuuuh!)

So we overpaid an old player that is not even THAT good who will basically go nowhere until his contract is over (2018 i think).
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:56 am

Let him just go to China or wherever. We're so bad with centre backs. Lowest of lows to get a not-really-bright, unskilled gingerbread- in his 30ies, on top of everything.

He's Mule Leauge mid table material. Disgrace for a club like Barca. Similar case with Vermaelen.

If they don't land a respectable and legit defender this summer then it'll be a farce. Been long enough.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:28 pm

What do you guys think about John Stones? Fit to play for Barcelona? Or another overrated Brit hyped by English media?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:50 pm

can't say i really watch everton, but marquinhos (22 in may) looks promising, laporte (22 in may) already does well in la liga has big potential
marquinhos can also play rightback which would be nice considering alves's age and laporte being left footed and laliga experienced suits enriques style (After apparently seeking two left footed centerbacks in mathieu and verm for the left centerback)

bartra is going to leave this summre according to rumors, we're trying to get a buyback clause
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Apparently we are monitoring Bellerin, especially after his solid performance against us.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:48 pm

it's inevitable that bellerin will join us, just a matter of when
he's born in barcelona, has friends in the club and plays for arsenal who have a good history of transfers between the clubs (hell we funded their stadium with all our purchases)
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:20 pm

Stones isn't good enough for Barca imo. Maybe in the future
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:23 am

Stones has been bang average this season.

He'll also cost 3 times as much as any other CB as he is English and teams like Chelsea and City are interested.

There is no point in going for him simply because of cost, and that he isn't all that good.

The other options suggested would be cheaper and are better.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:47 am

I keep seeing rumours of mahrez joining barca. He can slot as an AM if he can't play on the wing. What do you guys think

personally if he's getting playing time I'm all for it but he could ride the bench
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:13 am

Need another season of him performing for me to want to really sanction a move, even if he doesn't perform to these levels (which I would expect). I also have concerns about his ability to play in the Barca system compared to the Leicester system as they are very, very different (polar opposites, really).

It's not that I don't think he has the ability...it's that I want to see him at this level a bit longer. As for the latter concern, he's a hardworking player and I do think in terms of his skills et, he should be able to make the transition, but it's always a concern of mine to see a player make such a drastic change in system and expect them to turn out as they had before.

Finally, if he came he would play on the wing...which I'm alright with. However, he would of course not start. Who would you propose he starts in front of in MSN? He could get good minutes as rotation, and there is nothing wrong with that. A player like Mahrez on a team like Barca...it's about the level I would expect from him.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:43 am

He could be Iniesta's replacement instead of a forward. He has quality and is enough of a hardworker. I'm all for it, although I would prefer Pogba as Iniesta replacement, but if Pogba is not gettable or we stupidly pass on him and let him go to the Evil, Mahrez would be one of the best options around to replace aging Iniesta.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:52 pm

Considering Leicester ''s football is the exact opposite of Barça's I have serious concerns about his ability to adapt to possession football.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next