Lucifer
Sina
urbaNRoots
EL Patron
RealGunner
50 posters

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 19 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by Jay29 Sat May 27, 2017 3:21 pm

Found this on Reddit. Apparently Wenger was talking with a Dutch broadcaster:

If Arsenal beats Chelsea tonight (18:30) at Wembley, Wenger will become the first coach to win the prestigious competition seven times.

The 67-year old Frenchman's contract runs out this summer. Many Arsenal-supporters would like to see him leave. There have been anti-Wenger protest-marches for months. "Nobody knows if he'll stay or if he goes, not even Wenger" is what David Ornstein, Arsenal-reporter of the BBC, said. "But I think Wenger will stay".

It's almost unimaginable that a coach, who's been protested against for months, would extend his contract. "Yet that is the way things are, Arsenal is a bit of a mess at the moment" says Ornstein.

"There are many different opinions inside the club, for example between the biggest shareholders Alisher Usmanov and Stan Kroenke. Because of this a stalemate has been reached and the time for intervention has passed."

En what about Wenger himself? "Wenger wants to stay, but only on his terms. That means total control over the club, like he's used to having. The club however wants change so the question remains wether or not Wenger wants to stay on as a manager if structural changes take place. The club is weighing up appointing a technical director (I think that's a director of football in English lingo), but that's not something Wenger is particularly fond of. A big-name technical director isn't even something he wants to talk about. He won't tolerate someone like Marc Overmars."

Before Wenger came to London the club was known as 'Boring Arsenal'. Ornstein knows exactly what that means. "1-0 to the Arsenal!" was the main chant for Arsenal-supporters at the start of the 90's. And they were proud of that. When Wenger came, everything changed. He made his team an attractive attacking machine and won silverware with it too.

Arsenal won the league three times in ten years, three times the FA Cup and reached the Champions League final in 2006. "Many coaches in Europe mirrored themselves to Wenger. Arsenal was the standard for modern and good football".

"The problem is that Wenger himself still believes that his methods are unmatched. He's not open for innovation. The club has invested in a data-system, video-analysis and other modern tools. But Wenger only uses those things he sees as useful. He trusts himself fully."

"The last couple of years the club has been overtaken by Chelsea, Manchester, but also Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur. En that's not just on a financial level, but also tactically and technically. Arsenal is far behind Maurico Pochettino at Tottenham Hotspur and Antonio Conte at Chelsea."

Why are the protests this heavy? "The fans have seen the same pattern all too often. Arsenal starts the season well, dips in form around november and after the winter they're behind on all fronts. It's a form of boredom."

Ornstein thinks the resistance against Wenger is mostly prominent in a minority of supporters. "Ofcourse you'll see just the 'loud minority', the supporters who shout the hardest. De supporters who support Wenger aren't seen or heard. They've been spoiled by stars such as Thierry Henry, Patrick Vieira, Robert Pires and Dennis Bergkamp. Those solved problems on the pitch by themselves, something you won't see nowadays."

Say Arsenal loses at Wembley this saturday and the departure of Wenger is announced. Ornstein: "I don't think there have been any talks with possible successors. But there is a shadowlist ofcourse. The first name on that list is Leonardo Jardim. The coach of AS Monaco, Wenger's old club. Arsenal would kill to have a team like Monaco's these days."

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 19 Empty Re: #WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion

Post by urbaNRoots Sat May 27, 2017 8:39 pm

Arsène Wenger on his future: "We have a board meeting on Tuesday. I think by Wednesday, Thursday you will know." (BBC)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat May 27, 2017 8:42 pm

He is 100% staying
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon May 29, 2017 1:30 am

TIMES: Wenger set to sign a new deal in the coming days

#WengerOut - This is definitely the definitive opinion - Page 19 DA8nBv9XsAE6TH_
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 29, 2017 2:59 pm

Wenger will sign that's for sure, the board has no one to replace Wenger with, they never planed to do so. If Wenger leaves it would be his own decision due to limiting his powers.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 29, 2017 10:29 pm

Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss meets owner Stan Kroenke to decide future

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40088644
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Every report saying a new two year deal has been agreed. Will be announced by tomorrow.

Neutral

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 30, 2017 1:15 pm

Can you imagine if we announced Tuchel as our new manager? I would be so excited about the new season... instead we get the same promises from the same man who has not been able to deliver them for a decade.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 30, 2017 1:17 pm

He's had two opportunities to walk out on a high and refused them both. He can't complain about fans being unhappy if things don't go well again next year.

The board had two opportunities to move on and bottled both of them.

Two years later we're going to be in the exact same spot, asking who could possibly take over because we let all the people who could alone so we could renew Wenger. :facepalm:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 30, 2017 1:25 pm

Our rivals must be chuffed, one less rival for the Premier League.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Good for Monaco too since both Simeone and Wenger staying put = Jardim going nowhere and Mbappe more likely to stay.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue May 30, 2017 3:21 pm

ARSENE 4 LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 30, 2017 3:38 pm

The Arsenal Board are spineless, another 2 years of clown show with empty promises.

The only thing left is Sanchez off to City and Ozil to PSG and Wenger can stay forever.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue May 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Well I suppose the only thing we could do now is to support the man and the club. Arsenal will not be able to prepare for Wengers departure this summer, I think 2 years will literally be spent to do so. Our only hope is to sign some wc players to mask Wengers weakness.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed May 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Official now:

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20170531/club-and-wenger-agree-contract-extension

Arsenal Football Club and Arsène Wenger have agreed a two-year extension to his contract as manager.

Announcing the news, our majority owner Stan Kroenke said: “Our ambition is to win the Premier League and other major trophies in Europe. It’s what the fans, players, staff, manager and board expect and we won’t rest until that is achieved. Arsène is the best person to help us make that happen. He has a fantastic track record and has our full backing.”

Arsène and chief executive Ivan Gazidis have conducted a full review of our on and off the pitch activities to identify areas for improvement to build a sustained title challenge.

Arsène, who lifted the FA Cup for a record-breaking seventh time on Saturday, said: “I love this club and I am looking forward to the future with optimism and excitement. We are looking at what we do well and how we can be stronger everywhere. This is a strong group of players and with some additions we can be even more successful. We’re committed to mounting a sustained league challenge and that will be our focus this summer and next season.

“I am grateful to have the support of the board and Stan in doing everything we can to win more trophies. It’s what we all want and I know it’s what our fans around the world demand.”

In addition to the record £110m investment in players last summer, we have made almost £40 million investment in facilities at our London Colney training centre and the Academy at Hale End in the last two years.

Ivan said: “There is no complacency anywhere at this club. Our goal is to compete for and win trophies here and in Europe. Everything we do is designed to make that happen and we will be working hard on and off the pitch this summer to improve and make a strong challenge next season. The club has grown beyond recognition in every aspect in recent years and we have the platform to be successful and meet the ambitions we and our fans share.”

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed May 31, 2017 1:43 pm

I am looking forward to the future with optimism and excitement.

lol at least someone is.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 31, 2017 3:41 pm

ARSENE INNNNNNNNNNNNN
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:09 am

Are you ‘Wenger in’ or ‘Wenger out’?

Wenger in. Wenger came to the club in 1996. He wasn’t particularly well known. He managed Grampus Eight before. Arsenal recruited him the year before and said to him: “Would you come and manage Arsenal?” What an amazing opportunity for any manager in the world. And do you know what he said? “Yes, but I must finish my contract with Grampus Eight first. I have given them my word that I would stay until the end of the season.” And he did. Then he came.

A few months later my boys and some other kids had been playing football in the park and, as we are going home, we see Arsène Wenger walking to the stadium carrying a box. The kids said: “Look, Arsène Wenger, Arsène Wenger!” And so we stopped and he put the box to hand and he just chatted to them about football. This is a man who is human.

I think you have to add up his achievements: the league wins, the Cup wins, the 20 years in the Champions League. I think he is the guy who has brought the club forward to a world status and we should recognise that.

I get really fed up with these people: Arsenal concede a corner in the first five minutes of a game and somebody says: “Wenger out! Wenger out!” Hang out a minute, it’s a corner, it’s five minutes into the game, get over it.

Top four for next season?

Well, of course Arsenal will be there. I think it’s gonna be Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/copa90/2017/may/31/jeremy-corbyn-arsenal-league-arsene-wenger-election-labour

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:32 am

He will only leave in a coffin rofl
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:10 pm

Wenger in :coffee: he won me over when we started winning again tbh. I'll probably always be Wenger deep down inside...sometimes I say he should step away after he figures things out but then he figures things out for a bit and I want him forever lol.

Regardless of whether you're with him or against him, us fans need to get behind the team and him more next season. Having a negative, angry fan base hurt the team this year.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:35 pm

‘Arsene Wenger needed to go - the club’s statement is meaningless’, says Arsenal Supporters’ Trust board member

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsene-wenger-needed-to-go-the-club-s-statement-is-meaningless-says-arsenal-supporters-trust-board-a3554626.html
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:42 am

Reports this morning saying that NO changes will be made to Wenger's coaching team.

What a way to kick off a new era. :facepalm:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:07 am

Lol at dreaming about a new era in the first place

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:08 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/arsenal-news-arsene-wenger-ivan-gazidis-catalyst-for-change-a7663611.html

Catalyst for change (:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:55 am

It gets better:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/arsenal-scrap-director-of-football-appointment-after-arsene-wenger-resists-transfer-shakeup-a3563751.html

Gazidis is Wenger's bitch rofl

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:58 am

Anyone remotely associated with the club, including the fans, are Wenger's bitches fwiw

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next