Great Leader Sprucenuce
futbol
junkyard
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wenger wants away goals rule changed Empty Wenger wants away goals rule changed

Post by junkyard Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:53 am

Wenger wrote:"It is a rule that is outdated now and needs to be changed. I have fought for that for a long time. This rule was created in the '60s to favour teams to attack away from home, but since then football has changed. The weight of the away goal counts too big today. We should count it [away goals] after extra time, like we do in the League Cup in England."

http://www.espnfc.com/uefa-champions-league/story/2356146/arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-calls-for-champions-league-away-goals-rule-to-be-changed
junkyard
junkyard
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Wenger wants away goals rule changed Empty Re: Wenger wants away goals rule changed

Post by futbol Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:54 am

Of course he wants it changed. Laughing Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Wenger wants away goals rule changed Empty Re: Wenger wants away goals rule changed

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:55 am

Laughing

There's absolutely zero wrong with it, people need to stop finding reasons to bitch about something.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:16 pm

"Like we do
junkyard wrote:
Wenger wrote:"It is a rule that is outdated now and needs to be changed. I have fought for that for a long time. This rule was created in the '60s to favour teams to attack away from home, but since then football has changed. The weight of the away goal counts too big today. We should count it [away goals] after extra time, like we do in England."

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Inb4 4th team in every group to get trophy
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 pm

It should be changed, it is a ludicrous idea for a team to advance because they scored more away goals. Could you imagine how stupid this idea would be if you introduced to other major sports. This idea would be ridiculed in any other major sports.

Now the reason why this rule is acceptable in European football, is because of tradition and has become an accepted norm.

Even madness can be accepted due to circumstances in any society. For example in some countries the age of consent is 12 years old and in fact some countries don't even have one.
Just like having sex with a 12 year old is wrong. I would say the away goal rule is equally wrong.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:23 pm

this rule is wrong when ONLY our team loss because of it

Smile

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:37 pm

" thiz iz not fair !!! "

what's next ? Wenger wll probably ask for a rule that bans opponents from decisively beating Arsenal in the first leg .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:38 pm

Look at the people complaining Laughing

Wenger is way past his sell by date.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Last year after the last 16 he wanted the penalty+red card rule changed lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:25 pm

This guy..... Laughing

izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:42 pm

The rule is awful beyond belief imo. Awful tie breaker. What's even worse is that the away goal rule still counts in extra time, that should be an even game after that.

I can't see any of the logic with this rule at all.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:59 pm

I agree they should get rid if it. A goal is a goal no matter who's ground you score it on. Ridiculous away goals count for more in a tie situation
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:05 pm

I guarantee you that were it to change everyone would start complaining about the high number of games going into extra time Laughing

Just deal with it ffs.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:48 pm

I think there should be a choice, if a team wants to have 2 away games. Arsenal would go through for sure.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:57 pm

I think the away goals rule is fine, but I also think everything would be fine without it hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:04 pm

farfan wrote:" thiz iz not fair !!! "

what's next ? Wenger wll probably ask for a rule that bans opponents from decisively beating Arsenal in the first leg .

lol. wenger acting like he didn't know there was an away goal rule before the game; like after the game ended the ref said to him "by the way, you guys are out based on the away goal rule". there's nothing wrong with it; as stated, its meant to encourage attacking away from home, its also a pride thing, if you can score more at an opponents ground, than they can at yours, with the scoreline being equal, then yeah, they deserve to march on....arsene always complains about something.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:34 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I guarantee you that were it to change everyone would start complaining about the high number of games going into extra time Laughing

Just deal with it ffs.

How many more games would there have been without away goals though? Just the Arsenal one right?

I am happy Chelsea went out, but that match should have gone to penalties. No reason for away goals to still count in extra time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:43 pm

Art Morte wrote:I think the away goals rule is fine, but I also think everything would be fine without it hmm

Pretty much my sentiment, with the conclusion: why change it?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:44 pm

jibers wrote:Look at the people complaining Laughing

Wenger is way past his sell by date.

If you are saying that because i am Chelsea fan. Let me tell you PSG thoroughly deserved to move on, not because of the away goal. But because we couldn't beat them when they had 10 men through 90+ minutes. They deserved to move on, playing with 10 men and doing so at Stamford Bridge. Yeah they moved on because of a bogus rule, but i couldn't care at this particular case because i am more disappointed in my team then this stupid away goal rule. I also appreciate what PSG accomplished.

windkick wrote:I agree they should get rid if it. A goal is a goal no matter who's ground you score it on. Ridiculous away goals count for more in a tie situation

Absolutely agree.

I would like to hear someone defend the away goal with a sensible argument. Because when i first started watching European football in 2000 it was mind boggling for a team to advance because they scored more away goals. And anyone who is first introduced to this rule, seems perplexed to why a team deserves to move on more.
Hapless_Hans wrote:I guarantee you that were it to change everyone would start complaining about the high number of games going into extra time Laughing

Just deal with it ffs.

Then just decide it on penalty shootout, immediately after 90 minutes.

I don't see a problem with extra time, if that what it takes to decide the winner then so be it.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:52 pm

from my perspective, this rule want to discourage team like mourinho's team that always defend like hell at away match

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:05 pm

Blue wrote:

Just deal with it ffs.

Then just decide it on penalty shootout, immediately after 90 minutes.

I don't see a problem with extra time, if that what it takes to decide the winner then so be it.

I don't see a problem with extra time either, I'm just saying people will complain no matter what.

I think everything is fine as it is.
I love extra time, and I love penalty shootouts but ONLY after extra time when everyone is exhausted already.
It's a fantastic thing imo and people wanting to change stuff all the time gets on my nerves.

Penalties after 90 minutes would be absolutely terrible and anticlimactic.

As for the away rule, it's really not a big deal.
For my taste, it adds a little extra spice into the two legged ties, something to think about.

It's fine, now stop complaining.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Blue wrote:Just like having sex with a 12 year old is wrong. I would say the away goal rule is equally wrong.

Ummm.......what?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:57 pm

I think the away goal rule should stay because I do believe it is a lot more harder to the away team to score. It also encourages teams to attack in both legs.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:17 pm

rule is fine... it's designed to prevent teams from systematically parking the bus away from home, which is what was happening before it was implemented. You want to take advantage of the rule? Score goals away from home.

There is no viable alternative to this in order to motivate teams to play openly away.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:00 pm

I quite like the rule. Most sports recognize home court being an advantage, and I think this rule rewards the team that can play better away from home. I think it forces teams to be more attacking, and it just makes things more interesting. I recall many games where teams seem gassed during extra time, so I like the idea of teams being forced to go after it.

Seems to me most people complaining about it have been wronged by this rule at some point Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next