Blue
Kamikaze692
Great Leader Sprucenuce
futbol
junkyard
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wenger wants away goals rule changed - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger wants away goals rule changed

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:00 pm

I quite like the rule. Most sports recognize home court being an advantage, and I think this rule rewards the team that can play better away from home. I think it forces teams to be more attacking, and it just makes things more interesting. I recall many games where teams seem gassed during extra time, so I like the idea of teams being forced to go after it.

Seems to me most people complaining about it have been wronged by this rule at some point Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Wenger wants away goals rule changed - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger wants away goals rule changed

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:02 pm

I think the rule is retarded, but Wenger has zero credibility when he says these things directly after said rule goes against him

If he feels so strongly about it, why not bring it up more often before the CL starts.

Sore loser who continually gets his ass handed to him during the 1st leg
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:05 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:I quite like the rule. Most sports recognize home court being an advantage, and I think this rule rewards the team that can play better away from home. I think it forces teams to be more attacking, and it just makes things more interesting. I recall many games where teams seem gassed during extra time, so I like the idea of teams being forced to go after it.

Seems to me most people complaining about it have been wronged by this rule at some point Very Happy

Agree.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
ranDOM 10 wrote:I quite like the rule. Most sports recognize home court being an advantage, and I think this rule rewards the team that can play better away from home. I think it forces teams to be more attacking, and it just makes things more interesting. I recall many games where teams seem gassed during extra time, so I like the idea of teams being forced to go after it.

Agree.

Disagree.

So all you people claiming that it's actually a good rule. You also think it should count in extra time? No one answered that when I asked it. Seems ridiculously advantageous to get 30 minutes where you only need to score 1 goal while the other team has to score 2 if there's a goal. Not an even playing field at all. 30 minute extra time should act as a new game entirely, as the game ended as a draw and you need 30 minutes to decide the winner.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:14 pm

Yes. It's all or nothing. You can't (in my opinion) have the rule for one part of the game, and then decide it should not be the same for another part.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:15 pm

Of course it's an even playing field, not like it's a one off game. If you don't score away from home and the other team does that's completely on you.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Of course it's an even playing field, not like it's a one off game. If you don't score away from home and the other team does that's completely on you.

How is it an even playing field, if you both score a goal after both ordinary timed games are over, and you still go out? Ridiculous notion.
The rule should have no effect in extra time. What's the rational reason of it applying after the game has ended in a draw?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:32 pm

I would definitely not get rid of it in extra time. Imagine how boring the extra time would be if both teams just sat back waiting for penalties as their players were dead tired. It would be 30 mins of misery for us fans.

I think the rule is just fine tbh. If you're willing to go through play better in the away leg simples or the first leg generally because that tends to shape the outcome imo
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:35 pm

Even if I agreed with him, his timing to make this argument is terrible
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:00 pm

I think they should change it. I already said this before but what I don't like about Wenger's comment is that he only believes this should be done right after he lost by the rule. It's seemingly whiny & bitchy.

I bet he wouldn't even complain about it had Arsenal won their fixture with Monaco.

Last edited by Lord Awesome on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:02 pm

Away goals should definitely not count in E.T though

You can argue reasonable point in favour of the away goal rule, but giving one team an extra 30 minutes of away goal ruling purely because they are fortunate enough to be playing an even scoreline out away in the 2nd leg is ridiculous.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:06 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Away goals should definitely not count in E.T though

You can argue reasonable point in favour of the away goal rule, but giving one team an extra 30 minutes of away goal ruling purely because they are fortunate enough to be playing an even scoreline out away in the 2nd leg is ridiculous.

hmm Not sure if this is related to Inter vs Tottenham but in any case I agree wholeheartedly. Extra time can't be played in the first leg.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:49 pm

I like the away goals rule, but I think it shouldn't count in extra time. Unfair imo.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:11 am

counting in extra time makes sense from the standpoint of; you are still at home, on paper you are still favorite to score more goals and now have an opportunity to do so, if the opponent outscores you even with that extra time you have, then its your loss....that's all on paper though
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:27 am

as stated by others away goals rule makes a lot of sense, even in extra time its does imo, makes team have to compete instead of parking it each leg
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:29 am

To be fair to Wenger, this isnt something he thought up AFTER his team lost.
I remember in the summer too, he made comments at some UEFA Coaches meeting that he wanted this rule to be gone.
This wasn't some sore loser spiel, but rather an opinion he has had for quite some time
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:40 am

I agree with people saying it shouldn't be counted in extra time.  That is awfully unfair to the home team. Away side in the second leg having to only score 1 goal while the home team needs 2 is stupid.

And yes I am still butthurt at that Atletico semifinal.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:03 am

Don't call me James wrote:I agree with people saying it shouldn't be counted in extra time.  That is awfully unfair to the home team. Away side in the second leg having to only score 1 goal while the home team needs 2 is stupid.

And yes I am still butthurt at that Atletico semifinal.

On the flip side, the home team has Home Advantage for another 30 minutes. It evens itself out if you ask me
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:47 pm

guest_07 wrote:from my perspective, this rule want to discourage team like mourinho's team that always defend like hell at away match

It doesn't matter what you want or anyone else wants. The fact is the rule doesn't reward the better team. As far as i know there is two aspects to the game offense and defense, no reason to favor one over the other. The rule is as stupid as if you reward a team for keeping a clean sheet.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2