Nishankly
Curtinho
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 38 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:17 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Marty, you had mentioned some burnely right back in your team of the year. I dont remembere his name, is he good to play for us ?

It was Hank, the player's Trippier and he's not starting quality for us, imo.

Welcome, Ings, maybe he'll be a real surprise package...

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:19 am

Or maybe you meant West Ham left-back, Cresswell. He's better, but having both him and Moreno might be a little pointless.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:14 pm

Well, if nothing else it shows we still have some pull. Both Milner and Ings turned down some other 'big' teams (City, Arsenal, Tottenham).

I'm happy with both of them. HG, both replacing players (assuming that a bunch of others will be sold including the likes of Borini and possibly Balotelli or Lambert) without having to dip into the transfer budget really, and they're both solid to very good players (and Ings is still very young).

Now we need to lock up Clyne and Kovacic which have a ton of smoke around them, and get that big fish up front.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:53 pm

Trippier has a £3.5m release clause in his contract, Liverpool are considering to activate it if they don't get Clyne. [Evening Telegraph]

Trippier is going to be the most hated LFC player without playing his first game if we sign him.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:24 pm

^ Trippier is better than Clyne.

Much rather sign him for 3M than splash 15M on a fullback Laughing

Spending 15M on Clyne will be as bad as 20M on Lovren.

My nan would look defensively solid in that Southampton team :facepalm: +

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:28 pm

mr-r34 wrote:You might be hungry after the trasnfer window.
I will be hungry until we win the EPL.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:46 pm

I reckon if our section on GL here was in charge of Liverpool transfers for this summer and the rule was that all the decisions had to be unanimous, we'd do just as bad the current committee. Don't think we'd agree on too many players Laughing

Edit: Actually it's sounds like a great idea for a thread for our section. Laughing Deciding on realistic players that all of us would agree on bringing on.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Well, go on and make the thread and we can try :coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:36 pm

Interesting if Kovacic is really concrete:

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 38 11406960_373608366179744_5130508331224355415_n
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:09 am

Don't call me James wrote:I reckon if our section on GL here was in charge of Liverpool transfers for this summer and the rule was that all the decisions had to be unanimous, we'd do just as bad the current committee. Don't think we'd agree on too many players Laughing

Edit: Actually it's sounds like a great idea for a thread for our section. Laughing Deciding on realistic players that all of us would agree on bringing on.

You'd all be irrelevant and I'd save the club single handedly. Neutral smoking

Natalie Portman wrote:^ Trippier is better than Clyne.

Much rather sign him for 3M than splash 15M on a fullback Laughing

Spending 15M on Clyne will be as bad as 20M on Lovren.

My nan would look defensively solid in that Southampton team :facepalm: +

Clyne is pretty good though. He's been solid for a few years now.

Not seen enough of Tripper to comment, but Clyne would be solid as a full back for us. He's better than Moreno going forward, and a lot more defensively sound. (Only comparing to Moreno because the price is quite similar). He'd be an upgrade on our right hand side as of right now.

Clyne, Shaw and Schneledin (I can never get his name spelt right ffs) were the only ones that I genuinely wanted at Liverpool because they could make it a top club. Instead we decided to sign squad players like Lallana and Lovren for inflated fees and wondering why they can't cut it as first team regulars. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:11 am

iftikhar wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:You might be hungry after the trasnfer window.
I will be hungry until we win the EPL.

We'd die from starvation mate.

We'd be lucky to taste silverware via the Carling Cup with current management.

The worst part is everyone above us is going to continue to upgrade and we're just adamant that it's all okay and make excuses how "we only need a striker". Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:05 am

red alert wrote:Clyne is pretty good though. He's been solid for a few years now.

Not seen enough of Tripper to comment, but Clyne would be solid as a full back for us. He's better than Moreno going forward, and a lot more defensively sound. (Only comparing to Moreno because the price is quite similar). He'd be an upgrade on our right hand side as of right now.

Clyne, Shaw and Schneledin (I can never get his name spelt right ffs) were the only ones that I genuinely wanted at Liverpool because they could make it a top club. Instead we decided to sign squad players like Lallana and Lovren for inflated fees and wondering why they can't cut it as first team regulars. Sad
Now that was a really nice post :wub: . BTW, Lallana is underrated.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:13 am

The more we talk about Kovacic, more I am going to get hurt when we miss out on him.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:53 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:The more we talk about Kovacic, more I am going to get hurt when we miss out on him.
Hmm, it does smell a bit like the Salah/Kono saga hmm .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:47 pm

Lallana is first team quality. He just needs a lot of work on his fitness, and Lovren needs fixing but has the capability to be as well. Lambert was...meh.

Clyne would be a good buy.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:18 pm

Clyne is an absolute atrocious player who got benched by Chambers and can't get a game ahead of Phil Jones for England.

ZERO assists last year. Laughing

At fault for both Southampton goals they conceded at Anfield vs. us. He'd look like Krokamp in Rodgers' set up without protection of 2 DMs.

He's SHITE.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:28 pm

He's not shite, but Southampton sold last summer Lovren and made Alderweireld look better and sold Shaw and made Bertrand look better. I don't want Clyne mainly because that would be signing too many Southampton players in a short space of time, but I am also wary of assessing Southampton's defenders, it's like you can't tell how good they're individually.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Shneiderlin is literally the only player we should have signed from Soton. He's the only one that I personally think is quality and wouldn't get exposed away from Soton's system. Heck he's one of the main the reasons that system even works and guys like Lovren and Clyne were made to look good.

An added bonus is that he was a hardcore red as a kid.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:04 pm

You guys speak like you watch Soton week in and week out. Tell me more about their system (you know the same system over two different coaches the last two years) and how it works.

Schneiderlin certainly didn't look overly impressive in the two losses to us (you know, against an incompetent manager and team with no good players on it).

Though I am curious as to how Clyne was at fault for both of the goals against at Anfield (though he was definitely at fault for the goal they scored against us).
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:49 pm

well, since I don't pretend to watch every league under the name of the sun, even the Macedonian 3rd division, I watch only PL and MOTD and so I watch Soton regularly and read their forums.

Schneiderlin is by far their biggest leader, their most apt player and the one that makes things thick. That's why he's the only one regularly linked with ALL big clubs, not the other plodders.

as fioor Clyne

1st goal: he was out of position as Henderderp made the throughg pass to Sterling and the gap between him and Fonte was too big. He was out of positoin and didn't hold the long.

2nd goal: He played Sturridge onside again, because of his poor positioning and awareness.

and if you seriously don't htink there is NO difference between Saint's solid 4-2-3-1 and our barbaric 4-3-3 with no DM, then there is no hope mate.

I liked our chat the other day, but you're so up in Rodgers and the club's arse, you fail to realize we're becoming more mediocre by every passing day and have won a whopping one trophy in 9 years with nothing positive on the horizon.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:22 pm

how about I say, no FB at all for this season Laughing probably I would get slaughtered for this but I think we should just have a look at the players we have before we buy anyone. Wisdom, doesnt matter how shit he is going forward, he will learn and defensively I am sure he will be better than the FB we have used in the last season :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:46 pm

I don't really care for fullbacks either Heil. But I don't like Wisdom or think he has anything to offer Liverpool as a fullback. Preferably we play 3 at the back all season and have Ibe, Moreno, Markovic, Flanno, Manquillo as the fullbacks. We can worry about it next summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:31 am

Natalie Portman wrote:well, since I don't pretend to watch every league under the name of the sun, even the Macedonian 3rd division, I watch only PL and MOTD and so I watch Soton regularly and read their forums.

Schneiderlin is by far their biggest leader, their most apt player and the one that makes things thick. That's why he's the only one regularly linked with ALL big clubs, not the other plodders.

I believe you. I like Schneiderlin as well, but I wouldn't say he was more important to Soton than Lallana was last season (from the games I saw, anyway). Lambert and Lovren could very well have been a product of the system, but Lallana was their leader and captain, and was really nice to watch (and showed his quality when he got playing time here and wasn't having issues with fitness).

I do have a problem with the bashing of Clyne though. He was fine in the games I saw, and on top of which Chambers only got to play over him last season when he got injured IIRC and then they both got games after that. He wasn't benched by him.

1st goal: he was out of position as Henderderp made the throughg pass to Sterling and the gap between him and Fonte was too big. He was out of positoin and didn't hold the long.

That's not true. It was just a beautifully placed throughball...Clyne was where he should have been, and if anything Fonte was beat on that goal.

2nd goal: He played Sturridge onside again, because of his poor positioning and awareness.

If you watch the goal again you'l see Sturridge actually snuck in behind Clyne and it was the two deepest which were Fonte and Wanyama I think (who were not marking anyone) that played him onside.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/video/fixtures/first-team/2014-2015/liverpool-vs-southampton-2014-7-1-00-06-00#18885

There if you have Liverpool TV to see both goals from multiple angles. You can also see the wonderful goal he scored. Watch our later game too to see how good Clyne was against us in the 2nd match because I thought he was quite impactful.

and if you seriously don't htink there is NO difference between Saint's solid 4-2-3-1 and our barbaric 4-3-3 with no DM, then there is no hope mate.

Huh? When did I say anything about that?

I liked our chat the other day, but you're so up in Rodgers and the club's arse, you fail to realize we're becoming more mediocre by every passing day and have won a whopping one trophy in 9 years with nothing positive on the horizon.

Here you are just being cynical. Only a year ago, not even, you were full of hope just like the rest of us. Rodgers was revolutionizing Liverpool and was set to become one of the great young managers in the world. One hiccup and you're willing to fall apart on how he made us dream such a short time ago (relatively)? There is a LOT to be positive about this team moving forward, most specifically a very special little player in Coutinho as well as many others who have shown a lot of potential.

Now it's up to Rodgers to fix our holes this summer, something he's already started on with Milner, Ings and Clyne, and to bring these guys good to get us hoping again for the coming season. You can't find hope if we sign those plus Kovacic and a legit striker? Your loss I guess.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:02 am

Also is there a reason we haven't looked at Jackson Martinez? Even for his release clause he seems like a better fit than Benteke, IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:30 am

Probably his age. Apparently we're only signing 30 year olds on free, cheap, or with PL experience.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:34 am

We do need a FB, but only a quality one for right price. I will feel scammed (again) if we pay a penny over 10m for Clyne.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next