Was choosing Ozil over Fabergas a mistake?...

+29
silver
CBarca
The Franchise
6unner
mani88
Sri
Peccadillo
RedMamba
sportsczy
SamuelJayC
Artilleristen
Chumlum
Arsenalfaithfull
MJ
danyjr
RealGunner
Art Morte
Lex
boyzis
El Gunner
urbaNRoots
Wilson37
EL Patron
BarrileteCosmico
Raptorgunner
Twoism
Jay29
Hapless_Hans
VendettaRed07
33 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Was choosing Ozil over Fabergas a mistake?... Empty Was choosing Ozil over Fabergas a mistake?...

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:58 pm

Now.. This is something that I don't think we can make any sort of real judgement on right now, but I believe this is something that needs to be monitored over the course of the season

This is different from most cases with a player of this sort of quality. We weren't outbid, by transfer fees or wages we couldn't afford..He was ours for the taking, we had first refusal, and said "No Thanks", and let him go to Chelsea.

We still have a long way to go, obviously.. But Cesc has been, in my opinion, amazing so far. Chelsea ridiculously deadly, and while yeah, there are so many other factors at work here that contribute to that, Cesc is playing a huge part for them.

Meanwhile, Ozil has looked like he has been partying with Drake till 4 AM the night before every game or something.

How does everyone else see this playing out for the rest of the year? Were we really in the position to turn down a player of Cesc's quality, and then allow him to walk to a rival that he has made all that much better on top of that?.. Or would bringing him in somehow hurt team chemistry, ruined our tactical plan, been a detriment to our current roster and set up, etc. Was it a risk not worth taking? I still love Ozil and have a lot of faith in him but, jeez, he REALLY needs to pick it up, or I think we are really going to regret having brought him in at all, especially if it came at the cost at bringing Fabergas back.

He needs to put in consistent performances, being shite 97% of the match with one of two moments of brilliance, like seemed to be the norm the last half of last year for him, is not going to be good enough.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Was choosing Ozil over Fabergas a mistake?... Empty Re: Was choosing Ozil over Fabergas a mistake?...

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:00 pm

FAbregas :facepalm:

some of you really have no sense of self esteem whatsoever.

Quit moaning and support your team FFS

FFS
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Was choosing Ozil over Fabergas a mistake?... Empty Re: Was choosing Ozil over Fabergas a mistake?...

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:07 pm

Should've signed Fabregas to play LW tbh.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:09 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:FAbregas :facepalm:

]FFS

I'm not really looking at it like that. I'm not moaning, I just think this is something that should be monitored over the course of the year. I think comparing how they perform is fair, with all the factors considering listed above.

Hans just a question. In this same position, would bayern have let a player that had similar impact in the teams history, and let him walk or would they have said "Whynotboth??" and brought him in to compete
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:11 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:FAbregas :facepalm:

FFS

and you should quit make this kinda post every single freaking time Arsenal fans put out doubtful/ opinionated threads. Instead of that, you should offer some rebuttal at least.

As for Fabregas, I didn't want to bring him back, for sentimental reason not football. I know he's quality and it's shown so far with Chelsea performance, they're unstoppable machine, thanks big part to him.

In term of performance this season, no doubt Fab >>> Ozil, actually many >>> Ozil, that's cold hard fact. Just hope Ozil could find his form soon.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:15 pm

Wenger is the mistake? keeps playing Ozil on the wings, Having him there was like playing with 10men and lost manager who is afraid to make subs. Giving Wenger 3 years contract was a mistake not Cesc.
Ozil is better and can play better if in the right position.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:16 pm

vendetta I know that, my point is merely - Fabregas who was your captain iirc left you for Barca, then last summer he didn't want to move when you were interested in bringing him back, then you got Özil.
Now his Barca romance has ended in dissapointment he went to your bitter rivals.
You should have developed a healthy, if playful, antipathy towards him by now.

Still think you'll win the league, btw.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:17 pm

He was not really available when you purchased Oezil so you did not really make a choice. But yes Fab is the superior player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:25 pm

There are too many factors regarding this , the Chelsea team is built to get the best out of Cesc at the moment where as we are built to get the best out of everyone not only Ozil. Cesc can't play wide so he would have been useless in this formation anyway also like Barrileto said, the guy wasn't available when we were interested anyway.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:28 pm

a very big mistake indeed.. Mad i dont know how we can refuse a player of that quality.. and Ozil hasnt shown anything at Arsenal last season to say that we didnt need Cesc..

and there is only one assist master in Premier League.. that is the Cesc Fabregas of Arsenal.. :bow:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:32 pm

I bet Fabregas would do so much better than Özil on the wing for us wouldn't he? :facepalm:

As a 10, Özil is much better and he'll prove it once Wenger gets his sense back and plays him centrally.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:But yes Fab is the superior player.

Thank God somebody on GL finally talks sense. :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:33 pm

@urban So has Ozil played out on the wing in every single match that he has played for Arsenal?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:35 pm

EL Patron wrote:There are too many factors regarding this , the Chelsea team is built to get the best out of Cesc at the moment  where as we are built to get the best out of everyone not only Ozil. Cesc can't play wide so he would have been useless in this formation anyway also like Barrileto said, the guy wasn't available when we were interested anyway.

By choosing him over Cesc I don't mean, we should have not bought Ozil and waited, or bought Cesc when we bought Ozil.

I mean was saying "No thanks Cesc, we don't need you since we have Ozil now", rather than just saying

Was choosing Ozil over Fabergas a mistake?... C7NJRa2

a mistake..?
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:44 pm

El Gunner wrote:@urban So has Ozil played out on the wing in every single match that he has played for Arsenal?

What do you mean with this? That he has played poorly ever since we signed him?

He has played out of position so far this season every game and every game he's been poor because of that. Same with Ramsey. With our new signings I really didnt see the need to go 4-3-3, I would see reason if we signed Fabregas or Khedira but we didn't.

We really should go back to our old formation, Ramsey, Özil, defense was all good with it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:54 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
El Gunner wrote:@urban So has Ozil played out on the wing in every single match that he has played for Arsenal?

What do you mean with this? That he has played poorly ever since we signed him?

He has had more bad games than good games and Wenger is not helping.

The great Wenger has turned Ozil in to Arshivan.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Laughing

Oh yeah we only won the FA Cup with him, he had more bad performances than good in that run now that I recall and we only topped the table for more than half the season yet the bastard Wenger just wouldn't drop him for all his poor performances.

I hear you brother...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:06 pm

What I mean by it is that he has played bad before in that central position. This desireless performances hasn't started this season, and if you think so then I think you're just quite daft.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:14 pm

When was the last time Ozil had a good game or an assist?

Look at Sanchez he has been improving game after game and you can see he will only get better.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:16 pm

Oh I'm daft now, Özil was so desireless he only ran the most km's in our entire squad last season in the CL but no he didn't shout and tackle enough for noble El Gunner to like him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Last edited by boyzis on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:29 pm

I would pick a one legged, one eyed, arthritic Ozil over Fabregas any day of the week. Don't want that dick 'ed anywhere near my team
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:29 pm

I don't think it was a choice to be made, I don't think that Wenger was ever interested in re-signing Cesc or that Cesc would have chosen Arsenal before a fatter paycheck at Chelsea.

But you should probably experiment with a line-up that doesn't include Özil, especially once Walcott is back.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:30 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Look at Sanchez he has been improving game after game and you can see he will only get better.
Weren't you the one saying Wenger was an idiot for buying Sanchez/another typical Wenger panic buy etc. not two games ago? Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:37 pm

Last edited by boyzis on Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next