chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Toni Kroos Control discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Toni Kroos Control discussion

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:28 pm

chad4401 wrote:why? nothing is wrong with illarra

True, but there isn't enough right with Illarra to earn a starting spot.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:34 pm

sorry but i gotta see illarra playing a string of games before i decide whether he is class or not, he is clearly lacking confidence and he isn't really backed like jese or isco, which is weird cause he is better than xabi except organizing and long passes, carlo needs to back him
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:54 am

I'm quite surprised that you guys see Illara stay for a long time at Madrid. Looks like he won't be a starter for the 2-3 years to come if Kroos and Modric keep playing like that + potential star coming in
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:26 am

Modric might leave when Pogba comes, which is sad. Illarra is a good backup atm, and I'm sure that he would ball if Carlo trusts him.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:35 am

If Illarra wasn't the exact same age as Kroos, he would've probably got a chance, but we don't got time to the play a 24-year old midfielder tons of games before performing. Rather see us develop a younger player to take over from Modric.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:41 am

Freeza wrote:If Illarra wasn't the exact same age as Kroos, he would've probably got a chance, but we don't got time to the play a 24-year old midfielder tons of games before performing. Rather see us develop a younger player to take over from Modric.

If Illarra is ok with a rotational/backup role it's fine.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Carlo is treating Illarra like he treated Morata. Illarra has the talent to be starting for us but Carlo has gone out of his way to prevent him from succeeding by shoving him to the RCM role which he is clearly not comfortable with, just like he did with Morata when he kept playing him as a winger rather than CF. Jese and Isco would be exactly the same if they weren't back up by so many people

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:03 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Carlo is treating Illarra like he treated Morata. Illarra has the talent to be starting for us but Carlo has gone out of his way to prevent him from succeeding by shoving him to the RCM role which he is clearly not comfortable with,  just like he did with Morata when he kept playing him as a winger rather than CF. Jese and Isco would be exactly the same if they weren't back up by so many people

The difference is, we don't play with a DM in our formation, and Carlo won't change formations (again) just to accommodate Mr. Illara in his favorite position. Same thing happened with Xabi last year (who'd prefer to play deeper behind two midfielders), same with Di Maria (who playing winger), Bale (who prefers the left side), James (who is playing LCM or RW, but he prefers to sit behind the strikers, and Isco, who's playing at LCM at the moment.

Most of the team sacrificed, and are sacrificing their favorite position, for the best interests of the team. Only very few are playing at their absolute favorite position. Including Ronaldo, Benz and Modric, and in my opinion, they most certainly justify that, as they were/are the core of the team.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:58 pm

Does Carlo consider Illarra the first option when Kroos isn't available ? Or is it Khedira ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:55 pm

Not sure why Carlo is not considering possible injuries to Kross & Modric. We can not just put a bench player with no play time in big games and then banish him to bench if doesn't perform. If I were Carlo I would give Illara more play time (as Khedira is always an injury suspect) - at least against smaller teams or when we are 3-0 or more e.g. Mikel at Chelsea. so he can step in with some confidence when asked to.

If none of this happens Illara will perhaps be sold or leaves on loan. I do see Madrid going for Pogba next season. so doesn't look all that good for Illara.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:38 pm

Why would we go for Pogba when we have alot of promising talents in our academy. Pogba is signed and Medran can kiss promotion goodbye
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:43 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Why would we go for Pogba when we have alot of promising talents in our academy. Pogba is signed and Medran can kiss promotion goodbye

We will sign Pogba and you should realize that. What galactico will Flo sign if not him ? He's also a Zidane favorite.

Btw, is this Medran kid better than J-Rod ?

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:29 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Why would we go for Pogba when we have alot of promising talents in our academy. Pogba is signed and Medran can kiss promotion goodbye

Because we are Madrid. We just go buy/sell players and then Coach figures how he fits them in team If he can't we will try again with a new coach and players. We get lucky once or twice in a decade.

@hala - you shouldn't be asking this question to start with knowing Perez.
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:09 am

i don't think we'll sell illara...gone are the days where we'll spend cash on a player then sell him for peanuts only for him to prove his real worth. i doubt we'll loan him either, he'll remain as back up. someone like illara needs consistent games to show his talent, which gets a little tricky because, you need to always be at your absolute best at madrid, considering the rivals we face and the value of your teammates, who have the talent to bench you when u mess up; so the time to slowly get into your groove is one the team can barely afford. but he'll get his chance, the season is still young......and yes florentino will sell a major player who adds a lot to our squad in the summer to buy another galactico, modric (who is an amazing midfielder and i hope he stays) looks like the most likely culprit ....sadly that's just how florentino does things these days
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:52 am

Valkyrja wrote:Toni Kroos: "Real Madrid demands titles and I'm the right man for that"

dat confidence  cheers 

The same confidence where he flat out refused to take a penalty in 2012? That is the kind stuff that people remember when you ask for your salary to be doubled and why Bayern refused his demands.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Phritz wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Toni Kroos: "Real Madrid demands titles and I'm the right man for that"

dat confidence  cheers 

The same confidence where he flat out refused to take a penalty in 2012? That is the kind stuff that people remember when you ask for your salary to be doubled and why Bayern refused his demands.

Raising your demands so you can go to a better club Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:24 am

Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos has revealed he is desperate for a rest after suffering from fatigue on the back of nearly 12 months of solid football.

The former Bayern Munich man has already made 20 appearances for Madrid so far this term after his successful World Cup campaign with Germany and says his reserves of energy are beginning to run low.

"I cannot wait until the summer arrives," Kroos was quoted as saying by El Pais.

"This year, I played the second half of the 2013-14 campaign with Bayern, then the entire World Cup with Germany, then the Spanish and European Supercup with Real Madrid and I have not missed a single game yet this season.

"I don't think I have ever played more games in my entire life. I am starting to get tired.

"And to make matters worse, there's not really a winter break in Spain like we have in Germany. I guess I will be rested at some point, but I will have to get by until then."

The 24-year-old has missed only one game so far in 2014-15, the Copa del Rey win over Cornella in October.

:facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:53 am

Valkyrja wrote:Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos has revealed he is desperate for a rest after suffering from fatigue on the back of nearly 12 months of solid football.

The former Bayern Munich man has already made 20 appearances for Madrid so far this term after his successful World Cup campaign with Germany and says his reserves of energy are beginning to run low.

"I cannot wait until the summer arrives," Kroos was quoted as saying by El Pais.

"This year, I played the second half of the 2013-14 campaign with Bayern, then the entire World Cup with Germany, then the Spanish and European Supercup with Real Madrid and I have not missed a single game yet this season.

"I don't think I have ever played more games in my entire life. I am starting to get tired.

"And to make matters worse, there's not really a winter break in Spain like we have in Germany. I guess I will be rested at some point, but I will have to get by until then."

The 24-year-old has missed only one game so far in 2014-15, the Copa del Rey win over Cornella in October.

It's from an interview with kicker after the Basel game, and there's little subtle changes in this El Pais version (or probably rather the whatever English dirt rag version of the El Pais item) that make it seem like he's complaining and asking to be rested, which he isn't ("I'm starting to get tired" and "I guess I will be rested at some point" do not appear in the original interview).

Exact translation:
"kicker: The season's getting longer and longer. Do you feel the heavy workload due to the WC by now?

Kroos: Yes. I've played more games this year than ever before. First the whole second half of the season with Bayern, where I played almost every game. Then the World Cup, and now at Madrid also from the very beginning. And there's no winter break for us. I'm already looking forward towards the summer, until then I'll have to make do somehow (laughs)."

"Es muss gehen" (it will have to work) is an expression used to convey something is inevitable and you don't want to complain.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/chleague/startseite/616297/artikel_kroos_will-mich-jetzt-nicht-fuer-den-sieg-entschuldigen.html

Also, he says that in Basel "the pitch was very bad" so you couldn't play as "fluently" Proud

I have to say I wondered too why Carlo started Kroos in those preparation games, the Supercup games etc right after WC.
Kroos didn't have time to rest at all, but I guess Modric's injury isn't helping now.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:57 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Real Madrid midfielder Toni Kroos has revealed he is desperate for a rest after suffering from fatigue on the back of nearly 12 months of solid football.

It's from an interview with kicker after the Basel game, and there's little subtle changes in this El Pais version that make it seem like he's complaining and asking to be rested, which he isn't ("I'm starting to get tired" and "I guess I will be rested at some point" do not appear in the original interview).

Exact translation:
"kicker: The season's getting longer and longer. Do you feel the heavy workload due to the WC by now?

Kroos: Yes. I've played more games this year than ever before. First the whole second half of the season with Bayern, where I played almost every game. Then the World Cup, and now at Madrid also from the very beginning. And there's no winter break for us. I'm already looking forward towards the summer, until then I'll have to make do somehow (laughs)."

"Es muss gehen" (it will have to work) is an expression used to convey something is inevitable and you don't want to complain.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/chleague/startseite/616297/artikel_kroos_will-mich-jetzt-nicht-fuer-den-sieg-entschuldigen.html

Also, he says that in Basel "the pitch was very bad" so you couldn't play as "fluently" Proud

I have to say I wondered too why Carlo started Kroos in those preparation games, the Supercup games etc right after WC.
Kroos didn't have time to rest at all, but I guess Modric's injury isn't helping now.

One of Carlo's weaknesses is rotation. Same happened last year, when neither of the BBC was 100% in the UCL final.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Toni Kroos just keeps getting better and better. Following his contribution against Cruz Azul, he now has ten assists this season, meaning he has equalled his best-ever tally for a campaign in just four months at Real Madrid. This, despite the fact that he's playing in a deeper position for 'Los Blancos' than what he has been used to at Bayern Munich and at international level.

Damn, glad we saved him from those tyrants. Bayern nearly destroyed this guy making him pass sideways and backwards only while for us he has freedom to pass to whomever he wants. Usually to our fullbacks
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:51 pm

So what your saying is that La Liga and Mexican primera division midgets can't defend corners hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:55 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:So what your saying is that La Liga and Mexican primera division midgets can't defend corners hmm

Well, judging by our games against Bayern. Set piece defending aren't exactly something they should proud themself on.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:57 pm

true, but I was talking about Kroos' assist tally hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:So what your saying is that La Liga and Mexican primera division midgets can't defend corners hmm

How else do you think Atleti score(d) their goals??

Laliga teams are poor at set pieces but that didn't stop us from only scoring a handful through the whole of last season and barca only one so far this season from over 300 corners(dont know if that count is for this season only or from when they last scored from a set piece)

I think you need a set piece specialist for that but also great headers of the ball

Thats just one of the many things Kroos does for us. Thank you for the amazing gift Thumbs up
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next