iftikhar
Busby Babe
30 posters

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RED Fri May 23, 2014 10:32 am

A lot of Twitter spec about us being in for James Mccarthy Laughing

Sign of the times I guess, because that is a more realistic target than all these other established star players we're being linked with.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri May 23, 2014 10:42 am

I think the media are confused, seems like another Moyes target. Til yesterday they thought we were interested in Kroos and Fabregas and now realise we don't want either of them. Does van Gaal know who James McCarthy even is? I think he's a good player but not the level that we need. Plus he cost them £15 mil they will want more from us.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri May 23, 2014 10:49 am

A lot of things don't add up regarding this target. yep. It's just sprung up out of nowhere overnight.

Tbh, right now it's hard to pin point who our targets are, due to LVG coming in and deciding on players he wants, not ones Moyes was after.

I'm choosing from here on out to not bother listening to who the media are saying we're linked with unless a) it comes from a respectable source and b) the official Utd Twitter confirms the signing.

All these daily Mail, express and the rest of them whoring-for-website-hits sites that link our name to get hits, I'm going to ignore them.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri May 23, 2014 11:47 am

Yeah, the deal doesn't make sense especially when they'll be asking for £20mil+. Also, a bit hard to believe there is not current a Dutch midfielder that is better value for money than James McCarthy.

Reading grand old team they seem to rate him very highly, best player this season along with Coleman, but they're the same fan base that rated Fellaini highly too Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri May 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Sky sports have removed the article from their site, no one has a clue rofl
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 23, 2014 1:28 pm

go to the general section to find definitive aswers to all your questions :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri May 23, 2014 5:34 pm

only everton player I want is Barkley Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri May 23, 2014 5:54 pm

Manchester United eye £12m move for Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka. [Guardian]

a realistic target, well look at that Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri May 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Take it with a pinch of salt, it's a Jamie Jackson rumour. Not that I would mind konoplyanka....
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri May 23, 2014 6:08 pm

for £12m buyout clause...would absolutely do it....improvement over Young and Valencia
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri May 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Evra extended Proud

King Louis :bow:
Buttner LaughingTransfer Rumours Thread - Page 2 37329810
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri May 23, 2014 6:47 pm

Mark Ogden, on MUTV today: "Luke Shaw will be a Man Utd player, just a matter of time"

The level of deception if this doesn't happen now Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat May 24, 2014 11:54 am

Ogden sticking his neck out making that claim, a lot murmers coming out yesterday and today that Shaw is excersizing his options and is hopeful that Chelsea will make a bid for him.

Luke Shaw’s prospective transfer to Manchester United has stalled, with the left-back considering his options and determined not to rush into any move from Southampton.

United had believed signing Shaw was virtually a done deal, with much of the work credited to David Moyes before he was sacked as manager, and, though they remain in a strong position, they are no longer the favourites for his signature.

The decision to give Patrice Evra a one-year contract extension, which emerged on Friday and could be viewed as a surprise, may be a recognition from United that the 20-times champions could yet miss out on Shaw.

If the Frenchman had not been retained and the deal to sign Shaw does collapse, that would have left the unconvincing Alexander Büttner as the sole left-back for Louis van Gaal, the new manager.

The development will alert a host of clubs both in the Premier League and on the continent who retain an interest in the 18-year-old Shaw, with Chelsea among those monitoring the situation.

The west London club are currently keeping only a watching brief given their current financial situation, with it being understood that Chelsea are not willingto pay Southampton’s asking price of £30m and would offer Shaw a salary of around £60,000 a week compared with the £100,000 United were considering paying.

Furthermore Shaw’s elevation in status to being part of Roy Hodgson’s World Cup squad means he will move only to a club where he will be first-choice and César Azpilicueta has impressed at left-back under José Mourinho.

The Chelsea manager does require a left-back as Ashley Cole seems certain to be released. And with David Luiz’s impending £40m transfer to Paris Saint-Germain, Branislav Ivanovic could again be asked to play at centre-back with Mourinho moving Azpilicueta back across to right-back, opening up the left-back berth for Shaw.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/23/luke-shaw-manchester-united-deal-stalls

Been a bad few days regarding momentum with supposed targets. Buts it all relative, part and parcel of the summer window. One day we are "95%" certain of getting Kroos, the next day the deal collapsed Laughing
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 24, 2014 12:23 pm

I thought it's strange that some person at your club seems to be talking to the usual suspects in the media ALL THE TIME, Jamie Jackson from the Guardian, this Ogden from the Telegraph.
Week in week out this throwing around of names, Reus, Fabregas, Kroos etc, none of which you'll actually buy, and when van Gaal will be announced, and then next Tuesday, no the week after that etc pp.

Not to forget the shameful sacking business.

Since they all report the same stuff at the same time, there must be someone from the club feeding these stories, it's in my mind pretty irritating.

This is interesting in that context - from here http://www.united.no/andy-mitten/ryktehysteriet/

So there you have it. Ed Woodward briefing reporters, in what he probably thinks is a helpful spin.
For me however, this is a terrible way to do public relations.

Constantly telling  the media you're 'close to signing' some big name player when in fact you are NOWHERE NEAR close to signing them.
Disappointed and fooled fans.
Credibility going down the drain, of the journalists AND of the club.

This might work in the advertisment business or the financial industry, where this guy is from.

But it's not working for Manchester United imo.

Of course that doesn't excuse the journalists role as stenographers.
Apparently they just put out what they hear, instead of asking "wait does this make sense? wasn't it the opposite yesterday".
For example with the Kroos story, they could've called Bayern to get a comment.

You better hope the 'Shaw deal is as good as done' isn't just as good as done in Ed's mind only.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sat May 24, 2014 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quote removed)
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat May 24, 2014 12:45 pm

a) Woodward does brief the media a lot. Not as much as that article suggests. Chris Wheeler is a Daily Mail journalist they don't need to have been briefed, they just make up the stories Laughing

b) Jamie Jackson has no idea what goes on in around the club. He is no more reliable than a Daily Mail Journalist. Thus, the Guardian is not very reliable on United since he's the Manchester correspondent.

Btw, remember I posted that Kicker rumour about Kroos a few weeks back, and it's now only come out in the English Media. I doubt Woodward is briefing both sets of media.

That article is set out to make Woodward worse than he actually is imo.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat May 24, 2014 12:49 pm

I think for sure someone at the club is briefing Journo's about our transfer activities and other things within the club. IMO we have about 3 or 4 trusted journalist who operate at close quarters within the club- Jackson, Taylor, Mitten and Ogden...as far as I'm aware. All seem to get precise info and all relatively at the same time.

The club right now has completely shifted in the way they deal with transfer leaks. whereas in the past under SAF and Gill, everything was discrete untile the very last day or so, now, we get leaks from well know sources weeks/months in advance. It's all gone very Marca-Real Madrid, something with which many of us Utd fans frowned upon. It's also not fair on other clubs to have their players names linked, but maybe said clubs are in on it...who knows? I for one don't agree with this method.

I think also that it could be a ploy from the board members to keep fans satified. To assure them that 'hey look, we're working hard to rebuild this team' 'We have money to spend'.

I would like to add aswell that Woody has a big summer to bring in the quality this team badly needs. He can't afford another hick up akin to last summer. There is a lot of pressure this time. LVG has allegedly given him a list of players he wants, it's up Ed now to do the work.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 24, 2014 1:02 pm

BB, sure it's not all black and white, Woodward telling them all the nonsense etc.
Jackson's articles are particularly annoying as they are in a declarative tone, even if contradicting stuff from the day before, and very strangely, in his articles you get the feel spin from inside the club becomes indistinghuishable from slightly querulant baseless speculation.

But it definitively seems as though Woodward has embraced this 'put a positive spin out there' method.

He himself said as much about the Fabregas deal (or wannabe-deal) last year, how this was a specific approach to have the deal talked aobut etc.

Which was nonsense imo, and also obviously didn't work out at all.

Same with Kroos.
Since *bleep* January now there constant reports in English media how this is happening, or realistic, or whatever, while we in Germany always thought 'wtf'.
This is as Mitten writes a strategy to unsettle a player, and to shape a public climate where the transfer is on somehow.
But it's *bleep* annoying, especially when it's your player they're talking about.
For me, it feels both disrespectful and desperate from United, and I'm telling you this PR strategy will not help your club.

Now the Fabregaas rumours are back. After what he pulled last summer with this, if I was Woodward I'd keep my mouth shut about anything even containing the letters F, a, b, r, e, g and s until the second Fabregas is actually SIGNED.

Now everyones assuming Shaw is as good as done, probably indeed because that's what Woodward wants the public to assume.
Maybe this kind of pressure helps doing the deal, maybe it doesn't.
What it does however, is make you look incredibly stupid if such a deal doesn't happen.

And effectively, forget about the media or the public or whatever, what they're doing is LYING TO THEIR FANS.

Which is why I don't get how anyone could go down this route.
Keeping quiet and then surpising people with facts seems so much better to me.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat May 24, 2014 1:24 pm

I agree with you. Fabregas pursuit was incredibly stupid, to make it public was idiotic. However, remember the Mata deal no one knew until a few days before he was signed and the deal had been going on since November.

I wish Shaw was kept quiet too, if it's not Woodward he should still hold some responsibility of not getting of rid of the leak whoever it is. Someone on his team or him is doing too much talking.

Us getting linked to names will carry on though, look at RedCafe from when David Gill was there Hazard, Sanchez, Sneijder etc all failed. It's something that's been going on prior to Woodward. It's not like we were rumour free before him, even before we were linked to crazy names. Some responsibility to the fans too, like, come on, we're not getting Hummels they shouldn't believe everything they read.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 24, 2014 1:46 pm

True.

I just wish there were a few more Bayern rumours I could concern myself with Laughing , but there's nothing, so other clubs will have to do.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat May 24, 2014 1:54 pm

It will be a massive shock if Shaw deal also somehow collapses after all this. :facepalm:
If he want to join his favourite club its fine. But then he should have made that clear much earlier rather than now after repeatedly getting stories circulated in the media that he will be at Manchester and YET AGAIN raising our hopes. Or may be the club was the one which was lying. who knows. Mad:
Either way we are the ones who suffer as always. Crying or Very sad
Sure the club decided to renew Evra but its anbody's guess that evra wont be a starter next season if shaw arrives. So I dont buy much of that reasoning.

phewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! ....
k anyway we should consider buying a cheap unknown back up full back WHO CAN DEFEND DECENTLY and who can play on the both sides from some low leagues, and then hope LvG revives Butter-man next season if shet happens in case of the shaw deal. With LvG theres hope for such a revival certainly. bounce

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat May 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Hansy, edit the article out, the website you quoted it from say they will file for copyright infringement on there site. Wink

http://www.united.no/andy-mitten/ryktehysteriet/

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:It will be a massive shock if Shaw deal also somehow collapses after all this. :facepalm:
If he want to join his favourite club its fine. But then he should have made that clear much earlier rather than now after repeatedly getting stories circulated in the media that he will be at Manchester and YET AGAIN raising our hopes. Or may be the club was the one which was lying. who knows. Mad:
Sure the club decided to renew Evra but its anbody's guess that evra wont be a starter next season if shaw arrives. So I dont buy much of that reasoning.

k anyway we should consider buying a cheap unknown back up full back WHO CAN DEFEND DECENTLY and who can play on the both sides from some low leagues, and then hope LvG revives Butter-man next season if shet happens in case of the shaw deal. With LvG theres hope for such a revival certainly. bounce

I don't know if Shaw will come or not, but the article says Shaw is considering his options, but says we're the only ones to make him an offer so he has no other options to consider Laughing Also, you don't tell said club I'll join you, and after they put in a bid for you, say I'm now going to consider my options. If anything that is the reverse order of doing things.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat May 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Shaw is an option on my list of players you will have bought.

So you can be very hopeful :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat May 24, 2014 2:46 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Hansy, edit the article out, the website you quoted it from say they will file for copyright infringement on there site. Wink

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:It will be a massive shock if Shaw deal also somehow collapses after all this. :facepalm:

I don't know if Shaw will come or not, but the article says Shaw is considering his options, but says we're the only ones to make him an offer so he has no other options to consider :lol:Also, you don't tell said club I'll join you, and after they put in a bid for you, say I'm now going to consider my options. If anything that is the reverse order of doing things.

He is saying so because he is waiting for the chavs to make a move for him. and if there wasnt a positive signal from them, then he wouldnt have said so. It would have been a done deal. Shaw to man U. But Here he senses some sort of light.
True right now we are the only ones who are active on his pursuit but the thing is chelsea are also desperate for landing him, and if they get a couple of deals done, 40 m departure of Luiz to PSG being one, it wont be hard for them to balance the purse and come for him. Only thing holding them back is the FFP.   Twisted Evil 

What I am saying is, right now we are favourites but then he can very much definitely delay the signature until chavski is ready with the cash. So this bloody excuse he is putting forth that he want to concentrate on the WC and stuff as of now is nothing but buying time I reckon.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat May 24, 2014 2:48 pm

I'd actually be very happy with signings you have suggested, Hans Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat May 24, 2014 3:03 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:Hansy, edit the article out, the website you quoted it from say they will file for copyright infringement on there site. Wink

I don't know if Shaw will come or not, but the article says Shaw is considering his options, but says we're the only ones to make him an offer so he has no other options to consider :lol:Also, you don't tell said club I'll join you, and after they put in a bid for you, say I'm now going to consider my options. If anything that is the reverse order of doing things.

He is saying so because he is waiting for the chavs to make a move for him. and if there wasnt a positive signal from them, then he wouldnt have said so. It would have been a done deal. Shaw to man U. But Here he senses some sort of light.
True right now we are the only ones who are active on his pursuit but the thing is chelsea are also desperate for landing him, and if they get a couple of deals done, 40 m departure of Luiz to PSG being one, it wont be hard for them to balance the purse and come for him. Only thing holding them back is the FFP.   Twisted Evil 

What I am saying is, right now we are favourites but then he can very much definitely delay the signature until chavski is ready with the cash. So this bloody excuse he is putting forth that he want to concentrate on the WC and stuff as of now is nothing but buying time I reckon.

Chelsea would have known for awhile now about the David Luiz money, so they could have made a bid earlier. And lets face it Mourinho's job is on the line next season he's not going to risk £30 mil on an 18 year old, when someone like Filipe Luis is better now. He won't care that Shaw can give Chelsea 15 years of service because Mourinho will most likely won't be there for long. He wants to win right now, 3 years without a trophy, 1 league title in 5 years is something he doesn't want on his CV.

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat May 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Busby Babe wrote:

Us getting linked to names will carry on though, look at RedCafe from when David Gill was there Hazard, Sanchez, Sneijder etc all failed. It's something that's been going on prior to Woodward. It's not like we were rumour free before him, even before we were linked to crazy names. Some responsibility to the fans too, like, come on, we're not getting Hummels they shouldn't believe everything they read.

Usually was from unreliable red top columnists.

Now we're getting insight into our transfer dealings from reputable sources. And they state activity with a degree of certainty.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 41  Next