iftikhar
Busby Babe
30 posters

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RED Sat May 24, 2014 6:12 pm

Busby Babe wrote:

Us getting linked to names will carry on though, look at RedCafe from when David Gill was there Hazard, Sanchez, Sneijder etc all failed. It's something that's been going on prior to Woodward. It's not like we were rumour free before him, even before we were linked to crazy names. Some responsibility to the fans too, like, come on, we're not getting Hummels they shouldn't believe everything they read.

Usually was from unreliable red top columnists.

Now we're getting insight into our transfer dealings from reputable sources. And they state activity with a degree of certainty.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat May 24, 2014 6:37 pm

RED wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:

Us getting linked to names will carry on though, look at RedCafe from when David Gill was there Hazard, Sanchez, Sneijder etc all failed. It's something that's been going on prior to Woodward. It's not like we were rumour free before him, even before we were linked to crazy names. Some responsibility to the fans too, like, come on, we're not getting Hummels they shouldn't believe everything they read.

Usually was from unreliable red top columnists.

Now we're getting insight into our transfer dealings from reputable sources. And they state activity with a degree of certainty.

Honestly, I don't really remember, it's a few years back, but I do remember Hazard saying in an interview it was us or Chelsea and he chose Chelsea. Also, remember Ramsey we actually confirmed that on Man Utd's site. Imagine the John Obi Mikel shit happening under Woodward, someone would find a way to blame him.

In the end, as long we sign some good players, I don't think anyone will complain about Woodward's methods
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun May 25, 2014 12:58 am

Howard Nurse @howardnurse  BBC

Cesc Fabregas is NOT on LVG's list of potential #MUFC summer transfer targets

This is one of the reasons it was important not to keep Moyes over the summer, no matter the quality of the players he wanted to go after, they might not fit into the new manager's plans.

I know some people will say Fabregas rejected us, but I guess we will wait and have to see the type of CMs we get. If they are not the same type, it will show we didn't want him (I doubt they will be the same think it has to do with his defensive side, and not playing the CM role for awhile).

As for Barca, looks like they will have a lack suitors now.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun May 25, 2014 5:55 pm

It's only the betting, pinch of salt and all that....

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Tumblr_n652gyWV2g1sbh25co1_500
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Eliaquim Mangala would prefer Manchester United to Manchester City

• Chelsea, Paris Saint-German and Real Madrid also on radar
• Frenchman loves ‘spectacular’ Premier League

Eliaquim Mangala, Manchester City’s No1 summer transfer target, would prefer a move to Manchester United, though Louis van Gaal is not prioritising the Porto central defender because of reservations over his temperament.

The Holland coach, who will take charge when their World Cup campaign ends, is an admirer of Mangala but is unsure if the 23-year-old has yet to fully mature.

While Van Gaal needs to replace the departed centre-backs Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic as he seeks to rebuild his United squad this summer, the France defender is not among his prime choices, with the 62-year-old instead targeting Borussia Dortmund’s Mats Hummels.

Manuel Pellegrini, the City manager, does not have any doubts and is keen to bring Mangala, who would cost around £35m, to the Etihad Stadium to partner Vincent Kompany next season though the champions, having previously been confident of signing Mangala, are now conscious it could be difficult.

The Frenchman, who is part of Didier Deschamps’ squad at the World Cup, would rather play for United – or Chelsea, as he has previously stated – with Mangala having told friends he believes each club is of a greater status to City.

While Mangala also recently expressed his admiration of Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid – he spoke of his liking for Thiago Silva and Sergio Ramos, who play for the French and Spanish club respectively – of the choice between City and Chelsea, Mangala previously said: “City or Chelsea? Chelsea because it is London. It is true that I love the Premier League because it is a spectacular championship. In January, there were discussions with City, but it fell through because the two clubs could not reach an agreement. Every player wants to play in the biggest clubs. I am an ambitious player and the team that can help me win titles is the one that interests me.

Mangala is minded to wait until after the World Cup to decide his future as he is hopeful a successful showing in Brazil will enhance his options, and increase potential earnings with any suitors.

Mangala’s stance has led City to identify Roma’s Mehdi Benatia, a 27-year-old Morocco centre-back who would cost in the region of £20m, as the fall-back option.

Mangala previously played for Standard Liège from 2008-11 until moving to Porto and has two France caps, having made his debut last year. He has won the Belgian title and two Portuguese championships.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/05/eliaquim-mangala-manchester-united-manchester-city-chelsea?CMP=twt_gu

Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm not confident we'll sign any real quality players this summer. Quality we need to improve us significantly.

All these rumours of us being linked to Kroos, Vidal and so on and so forth, i don't pay attention to them, and any player we're competing with Barca, Chelsea and Real Madrid to get- No hope of us getting them with no CL.

Our best bet is getting young quality gems that LVG knows. Young talent from the Dutch league, or any top Dutch player for that matter.

Our disastrous season under Moyes will haunt us for quite some time. The effects his tenure has had on us will take a while to repair. His appointment is the worst thing to have happened to our club in decades.

And quite frankly, I have no faith in Woodward when it comes to enticing players to join us over our rivals.

My only solace of hope is that we have a good and experienced manager now that can go a long way to fixing the large problems his predecessor left.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:13 pm

RED wrote:I'm not confident we'll sign any real quality players this summer. Quality we need to improve us significantly.

All these rumours of us being linked to Kroos, Vidal and so on and so forth, i don't pay attention to them, and any player we're competing with Barca, Chelsea and Real Madrid to get- No hope of us getting them with no CL.

Our best bet is getting young quality gems that LVG knows. Young talent from the Dutch league, or any top Dutch player for that matter.

Our disastrous season under Moyes will haunt us for quite some time. The effects his tenure has had on us will take a while to repair. His appointment is the worst thing to have happened to our club in decades.

And quite frankly, I have no faith in Woodward when it comes to enticing players to join us over our rivals.

My only solace of hope is that we have a good and experienced manager now that can go a long way to fixing the large problems his predecessor left.

:bow:
Absolutely agree with this.
I too have brought my hopes down to ground zero.

Luckily we have Van Gaal who is doing it sensibly by not going after big names who he know will never agree to play for us at least the coming season, even if woody and co. dont (or in that case pretending to not) know.

Realistic options as you suggested should be young promising unknown players.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:39 pm

5 steps

>Try to get at shaw (of whom I am not a big fan of) Even that is looking unlikely now. If it falls out, bring someone from somewhere  :fishing: who can defend decently and can provide that occasional crosses for cheap money. work on butterman and use evra as the back up.

>try to sign ONE decent midfielder (even aged ones) who is better than the current lot we are having. to be used as a squad player from some lower league for cheap.

>Bring r300ney down to the central midfield. If anyone can persuade him for that its van gaal. Make it work boss Proud CM is his best position now. That way we can kill two in fact 3 birds with one stone, solve CM problem to an extent plus give rooney minutes there by keeping that dream front 4 in tact. Proud

>Sign 4, 5 close to 20 yo wonderkids Proud , who have it in them to play in the first team if required as back up options next season itself and subsequently develop to wc players with CMs, wingers and CBs having highest priority.

>Sell craps who go by the names like valencia, young, fellaini (unlikely though  Rolling Eyes ) and even nani (if we get a good deal for him or may be keep him as back up)
where as with cleverly I would keep him as in LvG we have someone who can transform him into a good player.

worst case scenario team should look like

----------------de gea------------------------

rafael----evans---smalling/jones---SOMEBODY

----------r300ney---some new decent CM-------

jauzaj------------mata---------------kagawa

------------------rvp-------------------------

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:47 pm

redcafe is abuzz with all sorts of names yet again... :facepalm:

these guys Rolling Eyes

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:08 pm

van Gaal has got Woodward on a tight leash, everything has gone quiet Proud

I'm not too worried (for now) the biggest deal to be confirmed thus far is a £4 mil deal for Lambert, that is the affect of the world cup.

I might be alone on this one but I'm not convinced of Rooney in CM yeah he can switch it wide to Valencia, but the role is much more than that.

I'm also frustrated by our wingers Nani is getting MOTM awards for Portugal recently and Valencia looks like a different man for Ecuador. Maybe Nani is more understandable because he's getting match fitness, but WTF has Valencia been doing all season Clubber  I'm also not convinced by the wingers we've been targeting is paying 20 mil for someone like Memphis Depay worth it, is he really better than what we have?

The good thing about van Gaal is he seems himself as a coach as well as a manager, so players we know that have been under performing he will know how to get the best out of them that's why I'm not too worried about our wingers position. Rodgers did it with Henderson, Pochettino with Lambert and Lallana etc. it can been done. But our CMs I'm very worried about.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:56 am

I think if LVG can use his capabilities to breathe new life into players like Valencia and Nani, maybe Cleverley too, that could be a huge plus. We know Val and Nani have it in them to perform well, we see it everytime they put on their national team's colours, we just need them to transfer that form for United. As for Cleverley, it's wishful hope that he can enjoy a tranformation that Henderson did under Rodgers.

Then if we can wrap up Shaw and get two decent mid range cm and a RB, we should be half way good to go.

What I'm worried about is that Woodward would waste time chasing unnatainable targets like last summer, to prove a point. We need to face up to reality and look for realistic targets who are willing to come and play for us.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:25 am

I think you can still attract good players (even to the level or Rues, Kroos). We managed that in our first season without CL. However, I believe this an opportunity to build a team that will go on (theoretically) for years and you should focus on young talents rather than established players. Due to him past, LVG can attract players from Dutch, German and Spanish leagues.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:37 am

Busby Babe wrote:

I might be alone on this one but I'm not convinced of Rooney in CM yeah he can switch it wide to Valencia, but the role is much more than that.

true, he doesnt have that positional discipline to do consistently well in the middle. But what are our other options if its going to be yet another failure of a transfer window. almost none :facepalm:

even nick powell looks raw and devoid of the United attitude yet.

cant trust carrick to be our numero uno option for another season certainly.

The closest we have is therefore rooney. He can play that box to box role decently in my opinion. Has the stamina, vision, and ball control. Like Scholesy said its just the matter of giving him an extended run in the middle and then gradually he may acquire that discipline to stay back and control the game like Scholes himself.

Having said that I know its almost impossible to force him play there. Even Sir Alex couldnt do it. So for a foreign manager to accomplish it, it is looking highly unlikely. But cos its Van Gaal a scenario may arise such that He may fall out with rooney and the board which could lead to his resignation but not the other way around. (thanks to that bleep that goes by the name of moyes) Rolling Eyes

Its highly frustrating to see this, a player whom the club is trusting completely and is providing a fortune for the next 5 long years is so stubborn and selfish that he dont give a shet about the club.
Playing rooney in the CAM role is nothing but killing this club and comprising with all the great potential it otherwise have in playing a dream 3 of kags, mata and adnan.

kagawa would have played in the cm position if asked i am sure for the sake of the club, would have sacrificed his interests even though it would I doubt have even half the impact rooney would be having if played in the middle, but not this egoistic sonofagun who is just looting the club.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:03 am

RED wrote: We know Val and Nani have it in them to perform well, we see it everytime they put on their national team's colours, we just need them to transfer that form for United.

dont know about nani. But valencia..  Mad well he can just fuq off.
I mean come on. if you cannot deliver under a manager who is licking your shoes, who is starting you day in and day out, irrespective of how shet you were playing the previous game. giving you loads of game time and motivation, then thank you very much, just pack your bags and leave the premises.

also this form for country vs club thingy is an entirely different prospect. even neymar is suffering from it. so valencia LOL who cares.
its cos of the freedom and confidence you get i guess in playing with your country mates. where as when playing in a different country with much more expectation, its bound to be tougher.
its evident its not working with him. we cant repeat the same msitake yet again. We have already given him enough and more time to come good. and the verdict was a resounding failure.

furthermore keeping him would mean lesser opportunities for adnan who I beleive is going to make that right side his own come next season Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:23 pm

RED wrote:I think if LVG can use his capabilities to breathe new life into players like Valencia and Nani, maybe Cleverley too, that could be a huge plus. We know Val and Nani have it in them to perform well, we see it everytime they put on their national team's colours, we just need them to transfer that form for United. As for Cleverley, it's wishful hope that he can enjoy a tranformation that Henderson did under Rodgers.

Then if we can wrap up Shaw and get two decent mid range cm and a RB, we should be half way good to go.

What I'm worried about is that Woodward would waste time chasing unnatainable targets like last summer, to prove a point. We need to face up to reality and look for realistic targets who are willing to come and play for us.

Yeah, the fact they can do it for their countries and not us is maybe due to confidence perhaps.  I'm quite sceptical about Valencia, Lumiere makes a good point, he did get more than enough chances and then some, I would personally sell him. I wouldn't Nani (not very convinced by the replacements so would rather give it another go especially if he has a good World Cup), but if he does get sold I would understand why van Gaal has done it.  Worst case scenario if it doesn't work is we play Januzaj and Kagawa instead, which is not bad because even Moyes got that to work, imagine what van Gaal can do. Unlike CM if he tries to get the best out of Cleverley and that doesn't work are fallback is Fellaini :facepalm:

I was of the opinion he can help Cleverley too, but thinking about it is Cleverley really that talented? because van Gaal has to work with something and I don't think Cleverley is. Henderson might run funny, but Cleverley shoots funny too

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:

true, he doesnt have that positional discipline to do consistently well in the middle. But what are our other options if its going to be yet another failure of a transfer window. almost none :facepalm:

even nick powell looks raw and devoid of the United attitude yet.

cant trust carrick to be our numero uno option for another season certainly.

The closest we have is therefore rooney. He can play that box to box role decently in my opinion. Has the stamina, vision, and ball control. Like Scholesy said its just the matter of giving him an extended run in the middle and then gradually he may acquire that discipline to stay back and control the game like Scholes himself.

Having said that I know its almost impossible to force him play there. Even Sir Alex couldnt do it. So for a foreign manager to accomplish it, it is looking highly unlikely. But cos its Van Gaal a scenario may arise such that He may fall out with rooney and the board which could lead to his resignation but not the other way around. (thanks to that bleep that goes by the name of moyes) Rolling Eyes

Its highly frustrating to see this, a player whom the club is trusting completely and is providing a fortune for the next 5 long years is so stubborn and selfish that he dont give a shet about the club.
Playing rooney in the CAM role is nothing but killing this club and comprising with all the great potential it otherwise have  in playing a dream 3 of kags, mata and adnan.  

kagawa would have played in the cm position if asked i am sure for the sake of the club, would have sacrificed his interests even though it would I doubt have even half the impact rooney would be having if played in the middle, but not this egoistic sonofagun who is just looting the club.

Fair enough, but I think we'll get a CM Smile
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:34 am

Good news :bow:

Luke Shaw told Southampton he wanted Man Utd move last month

England full-back Luke Shaw told Southampton on the final day of the Premier League season that he wanted to join Manchester United.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27758163

Even better news :bow::bow::bow:

According to @DuckerTheTimes, United will listen to offers for Marouane Fellaini

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/sport/article4112673.ece
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:08 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Good news :bow:

Luke Shaw told Southampton he wanted Man Utd move last month

England full-back Luke Shaw told Southampton on the final day of the Premier League season that he wanted to join Manchester United.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27758163

bbc  cheers 

Busby Babe wrote:
Even better news :bow::bow::bow:

According to @DuckerTheTimes, United will listen to offers for Marouane Fellaini

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/public/sport/article4112673.ece

reliable ? if so bananabananabanana

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:58 pm

Yes, reliable. King Louis undoing all Moyes' bad work Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:31 pm

I am praying Netherlands to do well in this world cup, with all those talented youngsters , the likes of Indi , Clasie et al to showcase what they have got, and if it happens they can follow their boss to the theatre. Proud
So boss Lets start it by beating Spain then :coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:00 pm

Louis will bottle it at the WC, and then go on to bottle it at MUFC :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:50 pm

I've read Jordy Clasie is not good enough for us, in fact he's being linked to Swansea this summer. Don't think he'll be more than a squad player for us and depth is not the problem anyway. I guess we'll see him play for the Dutch NT.

I personally hope the Netherlands crash out at the group stages, so LvG can concentrate on us.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:07 pm

Manchester United’s Louis Van Gaal eyes up move for Alexis Sánchez

• Chile forward would cost around £20m
• Hoddle tips Rooney to shine in Brazil

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/10/manchester-united-louis-van-gaal-alexis-sanchez?CMP=twt_gu

£20 mil is an absolute steal.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:28 am

Busby Babe wrote:Manchester United’s Louis Van Gaal eyes up move for Alexis Sánchez

• Chile forward would cost around £20m
• Hoddle tips Rooney to shine in Brazil

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/10/manchester-united-louis-van-gaal-alexis-sanchez?CMP=twt_gu

£20 mil is an absolute steal.

naa, its BS i reckon, he can command much more than a mere 20. a 10 more and that would be the bare minimum for a 25 y.o world class player of his stature and if he does well in brazil then even more.

also if we get him where are we gonna play him.as he will be an automatic starter there will be no room for adnan in the first team. silent

If its 20 m then fine, bring him in Twisted Evil

But If its 30 or more for sanchez, i would prefer we go for a less fancied option like a konoplyanka meaning there will be room for all.

From next season onwards our team should be built on and around Januzaj and not the other way around I strongly believe. The lad is the future. :bow:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:08 pm

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's true either 50/50 article.

I think Adnan won't play a lot in the first half of next season, he's going to the world cup and is coming late to pre-season, he needs to be rested again. Even Sterling in his second season didn't start games until December (he was only used as a sub til then) and Sterling wasn't coming back from a major international tournament last season. So, I think Adnan will be rotated during the first half and we'll see him more in the second half.

Seeing what's happened with Oscar we really need to look after him carefully, but Adnan is too good to drop sometimes, even though he plays like a 25 year old we need to treat him like a 19 year old. He also can play any of the 3 positions in a 4-2-3-1 so he will get a lot of chances even if Alexis Sanchez were to come.

Konoplyanka also said this about us: "Man United? I'd rather stay at Dnipro and play in the Champions League".  Yeah, he can rot in Ukraine....

Nani > Kono anyway :coffee: Just replace the rest of those little Portuguese players with Kagawas and Matas :bow:

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 NippyFatherlyCormorant
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:01 pm

Busby Babe wrote:

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 NippyFatherlyCormorant

oh my!! Shocked is that nani ?? dats pretty uber. Shocked well....  

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:13 pm

What a goal that was. That's the type of player we need. Oh wait..
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 41  Next