Highburied
Jay29
Hapless_Hans
48 posters

Page 1 of 44 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread Empty Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:35 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I think only BBC can be trusted the rest are just embarrassing.

The funny thing is before this Draxler was not really known around the world, but now everyone has heard about him. Thumbs up

It's crazy, and it feels like it's getting worse everyday.

Of course German tabloids also like to speculate and write bullshit, but usually it's speculation or exaggeration based on or at least connected to a certain grain of factual core. They're reporting rumors too, of course, but then with a source and labeled as such.

British papers however are simply making shit up, and deliberately writing wrong things.

As a result, people are misinformed, there are some poor Mancs who actually believe they're close to signing Kroos this window, like TOMORROW, lol, when of course he isn't available AT ALL and all that's happening is that he hasn't signed a contract extension yet due to wage demands, which MIGHT lead to him becoming avaiable in summer.

Then yesterday Kroos got subbed off and wasn't overtly happy leaving the pitch, which led the dailymail to write that after 'storming off' the 'rebel' Kroos is nearer to an exit, and that Guardiola had said AFTER the game Kroos could leave immediately (using a quote distortingly that Pep had said AT THE BEGINNING OF THE WEEK).

Plus, the Telegraph transfer blog writes this today
"Kroos, although clearly an excellent player, is out of favour at Munich. He can't get his game since they bought Mario Götze. ", when Kroos has played in every competitive game, has started probably more than any other player and is obviously Pep's favourite midfielder.

Just incredible..
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Basically, bar the Mata transfer, it's been a quiet window with no one else making any sort of splash and the media here are desperate for something big to happen because transfer stories generate a tonne of interest. The funny thing is that every paper is running it's own version of the Draxler story, where one claims it'll be £30mil, while another claims it'll be £37mil, while another claims it'' be £36mil + Fabianski... the only thing they're in agreement on is that there's a "delegation" (which, clearly, there isn't) and that Wenger wants Draxler to become a striker, something that's completely unsubstantiated.

Meanwhile, in Germany, the only stories regarding this is that no delegation was sent, and that Schalke have repeatedly denied any contact or negotiations for Draxler.

The worst thing is that when this deal inevitably doesn't happen, it'll be Wenger and Arsenal who'll get all the stick for not "going all out to get their man" and will be accused of "not doing enough to strengthen Arsenal's title push" by the same media who have made things seem are much further along than they probably were.

At this point, I expect no one to be coming in. Draxler for obvious reasons, and Vucinic has apparently turned us and Valencia down for whatever reason - probably wants to stay in Italy - so we're really kinda out of options at this point.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:14 pm

If Vucinic is afraid of Bendtner, then so be it. Smile
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:23 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Basically, bar the Mata transfer, it's been a quiet window with no one else making any sort of splash and the media here are desperate for something big to happen because transfer stories generate a tonne of interest. The funny thing is that every paper is running it's own version of the Draxler story, where one claims it'll be £30mil, while another claims it'll be £37mil, while another claims it'' be £36mil + Fabianski... the only thing they're in agreement on is that there's a "delegation" (which, clearly, there isn't) and that Wenger wants Draxler to become a striker, something that's completely unsubstantiated.

Meanwhile, in Germany, the only stories regarding this is that no delegation was sent, and that Schalke have repeatedly denied any contact or negotiations for Draxler.

The worst thing is that when this deal inevitably doesn't happen, it'll be Wenger and Arsenal who'll get all the stick for not "going all out to get their man" and will be accused of "not doing enough to strengthen Arsenal's title push" by the same media who have made things seem are much further along than they probably were.

At this point, I expect no one to be coming in. Draxler for obvious reasons, and Vucinic has apparently turned us and Valencia down for whatever reason - probably wants to stay in Italy - so we're really kinda out of options at this point.

It's a perfect model for the media, they generate their own material and narrative and can just cling to it instead of actually having to find something real to write about.
My favourite move is to make up some shit about "club x wants player y", and then in the future when you write about player y, you can add "player y, who has been linked to club x" lol

As for the option, well Berbatov is still there and waiting  Sad , I think even this good striker from Olympiakos has joined Fulham (for whatever reason he's going there), so..

But never go for the obvious solution, right?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:23 pm

it all started in that Friday night during Coventry game
Jan Aage's tweet about fee agreed
getting our hopes up
otherwise if you read this thread from 10 days ago most of us agreed no one will come
same story every window :facepalm: Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:32 pm

Arsenal suffer blow over Julian Draxler move as Schalke rule out transfer

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/30/arsenal-blow-julian-draxler-schalke-move-ruled-out?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

-------------------
Its funny yesterday he was joining us and today he is not.

I just hope Wenger didn't waste too much time on him and has a backup plan.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:34 pm

so it's this Norwegian coke head's fault..

but I don't even get the fuss, Draxler doesn't even make so much sense now opposed to in summer when you can just pay the clause. Podolski and your Ox kid play the same postion, not to mention Özil and Wilshere.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems Ramsey is out for a while and Flamini has a long ban, so maybe if you NEED to get a good German talent NOW, well, Holtby is right next door and he's very cheap, and he's better in a deeper role anyway.

Also even if Draxler becomes the next Henry one day, which I too think is a bit bullshit to talk about, he certainly won't be a top striker instantly, so I really don't get it.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:36 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal suffer blow over Julian Draxler move as Schalke rule out transfer

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/30/arsenal-blow-julian-draxler-schalke-move-ruled-out?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

-------------------

to be fair, it's only funny if you believe that he was joining you yesterday, so, not.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:47 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal suffer blow over Julian Draxler move as Schalke rule out transfer

-------------------

to be fair, it's only funny if you believe that he was joining you yesterday, so, not.

I was talking about the Guardian changing their story, I didn't say I believed them.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:48 pm

He's got a lot of hype and a hefty price tag attached to him. Not many people here will know much about him, so they'll just go by heresay. There's an assumption that because he'd cost so much and because he's supposedly so talented that he's instantly better than what we already have and Arsenal absolutely must have him.

Ask the fans now and most would say that Arsenal need to sign Draxler now so that nobody else can sign him in the summer, but even in the summer he's not a need, but still a luxury unless somebody leaves, and if we assume that Podolski goes, would Draxler get in ahead of Cazorla? Do you spend £37mil on a player who won't immediately get into your first team? How would you go about ensuring that Chamberlain, Gnabry, Draxler get the necessary minutes to develop?

But sense flies out the window when it comes to perception on transfers. It's a shiny new toy, after all, and instantly better than those old, boring toys we already have.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

-------------------

I was talking about the Guardian changing their story, I didn't say I believed them.

ok. sorry then for the jibe.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Park may go to Nantes?

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/01/report-park-set-for-ligue-1-return/

Wenger wouldn't bank on Giroud, Sanogo, and Bendtner ... would he?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:18 pm

You all need to calm down on the Draxler shizz.

@Hans - I would recommend the Mirror article linked in the previous page by John Cross. Don't just go by the summary, Cross talks more about why he hates having to report on Arsenal during the window and how Arsene trolls the media and how much really happens behind the scenes and how IBAs (mis)quote him. Please, just spend a couple of mins. Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:25 pm

srigooner wrote:You all need to calm down on the Draxler shizz.

@Hans - I would recommend the Mirror article linked in the previous page by John Cross. Don't just go by the summary, Cross talks more about why he hates having to report on Arsenal during the window and how Arsene trolls the media and how much really happens behind the scenes and how IBAs (mis)quote him. Please, just spend a couple of mins. Thumbs up

Haha, funny story sri, I actually tried to 'spend a couple of mins' on the article earlier today when it was linked, but I had to abort, as it would take much longer - for some reason the mirror site is slowing my browser down to the point of collapse since a couple of weeks and I don't know why.

i did get the gist of it however I think, but I have to say I'm not capable of generating sympathy for the trials and tribulations of an English transfer reporter.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Wtf is going on...

Last night i went to bed with a smile on my face... Sad
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:39 pm

Wenger plzzz get mitgroluuuu

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:41 pm

boyzis wrote:Wenger plzzz get mitgroluuuu
I thought I heard he joined Fulham, of all places
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:44 pm

Its no surprise that when the walls are crumbling, Arsene Wenger decides to hold it up with ducktape and convinces everyone that its the best solution ever.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:55 pm

I'm already preparing myself for no signings this January, I think most of us didn't see anyone coming in.

There aren't many players available and Wenger no willing to do business makes it impossible to get a player. We are really short few places and 1 or 2 players could have been huge help. With Theo gone Huge Huge Huge loss and god knows when Ramsey will be back, we really should have bought a player.

It will be very hard to keep up with Man City now, they have 4 strikers who can walk in to our starting line up. Fight for 2/3 begins now.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:58 pm

come on you guys, don't be so manic depressive.

As if 'the walls are crumbling', and getting Vucinic or Draxler would prevent that...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:come on you guys, don't be so manic depressive.

As if 'the walls are crumbling', and getting Vucinic or Draxler would prevent that...

Its the injuries frustrating us, we have the players its just the football gods hate us. We still can do it if we dont get hit with more injuries every week.

Ramsey out for how long now?:facepalm: 
Theo comes back and start scoring for fun and he is out for the season. :facepalm: 
Jack cant play every game, and he is injured every other game.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:come on you guys, don't be so manic depressive.

Far from it. I have actually become immune to this that when it does happen Im just like 'Meh, alright.'

It is just we have seen this before a little bit too often.

Would LOVE to be proved wrong. Just that history says otherwise.

Last edited by AnJl on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:09 pm

We have an excruciatingly difficult schedule for the second half of the year, yes, a signing or two would help that very much.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:11 pm

I don't think the football gods hate you, every team has to battle with injuries.

We have Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger out atm, City had to do without Silva, Aguero.

Of course youdon't have the exact same quality in depth as City's squad have, but that isn't oing to change over night (as in, this window) anyway.

You've been consistent, a point away at Southhampton is not terrible this season, it may come down to you winning some of the top games, at home against City for example.

That's not impossible, is it?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:20 pm

Not by any means, and I don't think our success hinges on a signing, but I think it would help a lot.

Think it's best to just wait 24 hours and worry about/enjoy what we've done/haven't done then.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 44 1, 2, 3 ... 22 ... 44  Next