RED
azzurres
II Capitano
46 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread Empty Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by II Capitano Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:00 am

You guys know how I feel about Evra. I have criticised him time-and-time again, it's like Fergie is expecting him to make a massive improvement, after his dire performances, but it just isn't happening. The 2010 World Cup was the end of Evra is a top professional and a world class full back. Don't get me wrong, he's still decent, but we're not seeing the Evra of 07/08 or 09/10, where he was in our top three performers. Investing a new left back, plus giving Fabio more of a chance, would help us tremendously, I feel, but there's always that question of inexperience. As for right back, well, apart from one poor game against Athletic Bilbao, Rafael has done well since his return from injury. He is better than Jones and Smalling at defending (obviously at right back), but also, he adds a different dimension to our attacks.

I have had my doubts, even though I have never wanted him to be sold. It has been stop and start, in terms of progression, since his fantastic start at the club. I was shocked to see him degrade so much, but what I loved was the fact he came out this season and acknowledged that it was complacency, which affected his progression. I was never sure about him against physically imposing strikers, but this season, he has put an end to that and is asserting himself much more, something which he was never renowned for in the last two seasons.

I must hand it to him, though. He looks more composed, solid, fit (no, not in that sense) and is our best ball playing centre-back, his distribution for a centre-back is the best in the league, in my opinion. Where the problem lies for Evans, at the moment, is the faith shown to him by the fans. He's had some terrific games this season, he's been our best centre-back this season, but too many are clinging on his mediocrity last season, which is unfair. Also, the Manchester City game did him no favours, but he had a decent first half. Even rival fans are overshadowed by their hatred to give him recognition. He's similar to Carrick, in the sense that more people find it easier to criticise him than praise him for his tremendous efforts. I'm delighted with the fine displays - long may this form continue. He is better than Jones at centre-back, by the way.

Our main target is still a fresh face in midfield. Scholes has been nothing short of outstanding, since he came back out of retirement, but how long is this form going to last? He's getting older and already, we have seen that his passing is rusty more than ever. Cleverley is the future, but he is injury-prone, at the moment.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by azzurres Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:23 am

I think you missed a paragraph or a sentence, as it is not clear that you are talking about Evans starting from the 2nd paragraph.

Apart from that totally agree with you, Evra is past it, no matter how much I love him and his trolling character. Rafael and Fabio are really too injury-prone to be reliable at the moment, a shame as they are beasts when on a streak.
SAF was at the Lille - OL game and the media were quick to speculate he went there to scout Eden Hazard. I don't buy a single word of that, I think he went there to check Lille's right-back, Mathieu Debuchy who had a fantastic game for France against Germany.

Midfield indeed needs to be sorted out really fast, Rooney has to cover it too much. When Scholes is not there, everything passes through Rooney and he has too often for my taste his off-days. He still gets the goals but there is a clear difference when he is performing at his top level.

I think this summer will finally see the arrival of a midfielder, SAF must have seen how injury-prone Cleverley is and he can not leave the future of United on Tom's shoulders.

azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:12 pm

The problem with Evra, and I've pointed it out before, is that he is too comfortable. He is a guaranteed starter for every match because his only competition is an inexperienced injury prone youngster.

You just watch how lazy he is during matches, how he barely tracks back or when he is sucked in too narrow leaving a wide space for the oppostion's right winger. He has been on a downhill since after the wordl cup 2010...although there were some signs of it in the 2009/10 season.

A lot of United fans speculated that it was the disaster of the 2010 French WC team in which he captained, that he hasn't fully recovered and was suffering from form due to it. But honestly, they had a point then, but can we say that it's down to that only? it's been 2 years...I'm not buying that. He has been slowly regressing.

What he offers us atm is his experience and his influence in the dressing room. He comes across as a genuinely nice person off the field who gets along with every player. Plus he has a great passion for the club and understands what it means to put the United shirt on. I respect him a lot because of that.

Onto Evans: What a great season he is having. never could I have imagined me saying he is our best CB back in 2010/11, but right now, he is....shading Rio by a small margin. He seems to have ironed out all the silly little lapses of concentration, and most importantly, he has toughened up and doesn't allow big CF to bully him like they used to.

His reading of the game and his control and composure is immaculate right now. On his current form, Smalling is gonna have a hard time getting back in the squad unless Rio is inured.

Transfers this summer: Just the usual. LB and CM. No unkowns please....we need some genuine quality that will improve us from the get go.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Wed May 16, 2012 7:27 pm

Kagawa deal almost wrapped up, according to a couple of sources.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 16, 2012 8:26 pm

II Capitano wrote:Kagawa deal almost wrapped up, according to a couple of sources.

Transfer Rumours Thread Fuk-yeah-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-639
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed May 16, 2012 8:49 pm

II Capitano wrote:Kagawa deal almost wrapped up, according to a couple of sources.

This sounds great for us.Kagawa is already an incredible player and he can be the perfect man to take the role of the playmaker from Nani and help Rooney at construction so the Portuguese player can concentrate on the role of a winger.

I still think that the main problem this season was puting in the first 11 many new and young players like De Gea, Smalling, Jones, Young.Maybe next year it will be better. But i don't complain ; Ac Milan with all their important players leaving them this summer is in a worse situation.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed May 16, 2012 10:57 pm

vlafy wrote:

This sounds great for us.Kagawa is already an incredible player and he can be the perfect man to take the role of the playmaker from Nani and help Rooney at construction so the Portuguese player can concentrate on the role of a winger.

May i also point out that relying on nani as a playmaker is very unstable. The guy loves to dribble it through and lose the ball lol. Although his long passes, crosses, and through balls can be brilliant, he can't disappear in games easily.

Also want to say that we'll be a lot better in the midfield when fletcher gets back Very Happy
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu May 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Can we request one of the mods/admins to sticky this?

EDIT: Done. Smile
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 30, 2012 3:32 pm

RedCafe saying we are in for Keita. Opinions? Yay or nay?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Thu May 31, 2012 9:11 am

Isn't he a DM? SAF can turn any decent MF into a DM. :facepalm:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Thu May 31, 2012 11:20 am

keita is one of the worst players we can sign atm. He has been playing like shit in barca...and they wanted to rid him for a while now. We need younger legs and someone who's good. Someone like Fletcher can put keita into a misery :I
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:02 am

Ezekiel Fryers goes to Spurs.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2012/07/05/3223582/tottenham-agree-to-sign-manchester-united-youngster-zeki

The young player exodus continues.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:27 am

apearantly you bid 25 mil for moutinho, he would be an incredible addition to your mid i really see it working
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:09 pm

theaguia wrote:apearantly you bid 25 mil for moutinho, he would be an incredible addition to your mid i really see it working

That is correct. However AVB and the Spuds and also QSG will be tabling theirs too. I've not heard any comments from Moutinho though but I'm inclined to think that it will be another snub because of AVB. Thoughts?
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Ji-Sung Park to QPR (our new Everton)

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/07/07/3226477/manchester-united-star-park-ji-sung-to-undergo-qpr-medical-ahead-

:facepalm:
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Good servant, but lacked technical ability.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:01 pm

saw a stat which said man united lost 9 matches out of 11 in where park started. or something like that
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:58 am

http://www.manchesterunited-mad.co.uk/manchester_united/player/season_141/jisung_park_12882/index.shtml
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:20 pm

In for RVP?

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:21 pm

Apparently the media dragged us in, along with Man City and QSG.

I don't want him. He's like a one season wonder.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:49 pm

RVP spotted house-hunting near Manchester. Another tussle for the two Manc clubs according to a newspaper.

Apparently Christian Eriksen is also interested in moving to our club.
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:13 pm

United turn to Sahin as Lucas Moura's valuation is too high,

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/20/3252824/manchester-united-target-sahin-as-frustrations-grow-over

We can use Kagawa for the negotiations. Twisted Evil
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:31 pm

meteormaker wrote:United turn to Sahin as Lucas Moura's valuation is too high,

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/2896/premier-league/2012/07/20/3252824/manchester-united-target-sahin-as-frustrations-grow-over

We can use Kagawa for the negotiations. Twisted Evil

then go for Goatze next summer Shocked
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:33 pm

15M for van persie is the offers reported by dailyfail....this would make torres deal even more hilarious
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:30 pm

Wow... Sir Alex confirms that a bid has been placed for Van Persie!
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next