RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by REWB Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:17 pm

exactly, thats why i haven't said anything about this balotelli transfer, every time i see him he looks HORRIBLY average, and not what we need at all. only difference between balo and giroud is balo has 3-4 games a season where he does something special. thats not enough to buy him.

REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by EL Patron Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:19 pm

Sanchez is a pipe dream but then again two years go Ozil was a pipe, i guess we can dream. Make it happen Arsene  :coffee: 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:22 pm

Can Alexis play alone up front though? With Chile he's always partnered with someone like Eduardo Vargas who's a no 9.

I definitely agree about Balotelli, he can't play up front alone because of his movement or lack of. He needs someone making the runs for him and create the space so he can shoot or create from outside the box, Pazzini does this well in Milan while we don't play with two strikers.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Sanchez for the flanks, Campbell for backup striker. We wouldn't get that upgrade on Giroud but if we rule out signing Mandzukic, Balotelli and Benzema, who are we left with? Remy? May as well just use Campbell.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Pretty sure Sanchez can play there, think he has played there a few times in the past for Chile. Anyway if Theo can do it a few times then I am sure Sanchez is capable of playing upfront as well.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:33 pm

only person i want is benzema, if we cant get him this summer, wait and buy him next summer.

this summer we should just go for griezmenn, aurir a DM, and a CB, wait for benzema to be available.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:38 pm

I don't think we can afford to wait for someone. We can't be going into the season with Giroud and Sanogo as our only striking options. We need someone else there, be it Campbell or someone we bring in.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:50 pm

yeah bring in joel we'll use him for next season. I just think with Walcott coming back and buying one of griezmenn or sanchez for their left-wing runs, we will be decent next season going forward. I really think we should just wait for benz, he's the only WC striker out there atm that makes sense for us. if not this season, definitely next season he will be available. No point bringing in a striker that's not much better than giroud. however that Vincent Aboubakar player looks good imo.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Not a lot world class strikers available in the market to be honest. I would be satisfied with Sanchez and cheeky loan bid for Ba or Remy, this way in seasons to come we still have space open for that so called world class striker  :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:02 pm

Just buy Alexis sanchez asap.

Then if Benzema becomes available, buy him too.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Idk why anyone's surprised, this is exactly how Balotelli was playing for Milan. Apathetic and lukewarm. Doesn't change my view that he's insanely talented and could blossom under Wenger.

If anything, this World Cup won't have changed Wenger's mind, he's smarter than that. It'll put us in a much better negotiating position.

Plus, our interest in Sanchez does too, show Milan that if they don't cut the price then we'll look elsewhere. Balotelli is too much of a risk to invest the money they're asking for.

Would love Sanchez, guy does everything, still questionable when you realize he's not a forward who can play up front alone.

Even if it's not Sanchez or Balotelli, we need to make a big splash in the market.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:09 pm

While I'm not a fan of Mandzukic, I'd still sign him if he costs like £20m rather than no one + Campbell even if for purely rotational reasons.

I've been impressed by Joel, he's quality but I believe he still needs some time with Wenger to learn some aspects as a lone striker, give him some Carling Cup time and late sub appearances, extend his contract, slowly integrate him, I believe he can be our long term striker. He might even surprise us outperforming both Mandzukic/Giroud, which would be even better!

In the meantime, start the season with Giroud and let him fight for a place with Mandzukic, given that there is not much difference between them quality-wise I believe the competition will only make them better (unlike van Persie vs Chamakh).

It goes without saying, if someone world class like Benzema somehow becomes available get it done, so this would be my last minute solution.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:14 pm

6unner wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:July 16th day we sign a player not on the free or loan or some bs

Over/under

What is the Over/Under of us selling first?

The odds on the under would have been horrible.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:16 pm

now that balo and aurier are both out we should snap them asap
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Gutted for Ivory Coast, they were robbed.

But secretly happy that this means we can conclude business with Aurier hopefully.

Same with Balotelli, whether that means signing him or not. We'll at least be able to speed up the process.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:08 am

Anyone else think we should go back to Liverpool with that £1 and make a bid?

Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:21 am

That's a lick of Balo right there, expext him go on emo mode quite often. Italy gameplan for 2nd half had to be changed because of his card. He let his coach who trusted him down big time. Between Balo & Sanchez, one must be crazy to choose Balo.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:06 am

I don't get why we cant have both Sanchez and Balo.
Let Santi go to Atletico if that's whats needed to make it happen. It would certainly bring more balance to the midfield whilst making our attacking options insane between Balo, Giroud, Sanchez and Walcott.

Anyway I still highly doubt we are going to get Sanchez in the first place.. I wasn't that shocked about the Ozil deal.. this one would genuinely shock me.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:37 am

balo sucks, you are going to waste one year trying to sort him out and when it's done, he still wouldnt have progressed.

i dont understand this, the playing field in england right now is so balanced, you make the right move this summer and you can shoot straight to the top.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:54 am

This James Rodriguez fellow looks fantastic. Wenger, sign him up before some big club with a lot of money gets him instead.  Wink 
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:03 am

Chumlum wrote:This James Rodriguez fellow looks fantastic. Wenger, sign him up before some big club with a lot of money gets him instead.  Wink 

Sadly, he plays for a club which has been throwing around a lot more money than us. If they want to keep him, we won't be able to make them budge. He definitely looks great but it's not happening this summer.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:28 am

Rodriguez would be incredible.

And we won't be signing Balotelli.

Wenger on Balotelli rumours: "No, that’s pure invention. We cannot believe absolutely everything that is on internet or is in newspapers."

Probably for the best, no need for the risk then.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 am

Monaco paid €45m for Rodriguez no way can we afford that and nor should we

that much money should be better invested

and he is more of a winger/AM then striker

Jackson Martínez is more likely then Rodriguez, could be expensive but we could test Porto with an offer
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:37 am

Glad Wenger ruled out Balotelli. Looks like Raiola is trying to find a new club for him and is struggling to do so. I bet he stays in Milan.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:55 am

Though Rodriguez and Martinez would both command similar price tags (~50m€+), I think Martinez is closer to what we need. Besides, Monaco only just bought Rogriguez last summer and have no need to sell! Porto is a tough, tough club to negotiate with though. Them Portugese sell with high margins.

I read that Cavani has a 300k p/w wage demand. Safe to say that it will never happen. (Not that we have been linked with him, just that it was my pipe dream).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:59 am

James Rodriguez isn't a striker. Fantastic player but not who you need.

EDIT: You guys are linked with Sanchez? Playing him alone up front would be a tremendous waste of his ability unless you gave him a lot of freedom and had players like Walcott and Podolski playing off of him. He offers great movement and his vision is underrated with Barca (when you see him with Chile, you can see how fantastic of a creator he is), decent finishing as well...but like Rodriguez, he's hardly a striker, if one at all.

I think you guys would be better off having a striker that can feed off of the likes of Ozil and Cazorla. Sanchez isn't a player that will do that, if you're going to play him centrally, he should be played as he is for Chile. Barca fans right now are interested in a striker, if any of us thought Sanchez could be that guy, I don't think we would interested in one.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next