RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:50 pm

Apparently he was meeting with Alexis Sanchez's agent, according to someone from Cadena COPE.

As for why Wenger might meet with agents, it may be to just add that personal touch to things that you don't necessarily get with representatives or directors. I remember how Ramsey chose to sign for Arsenal over Man Utd because Wenger went to see him personally, whereas Utd sent Gary Neville.

Perhaps the same may apply to Sanchez or any other player we're looking at.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:59 pm

I've totally jumped on the Sanchez train!

But Podolski will have to leave for that to happen imo, we can't get Campbell back and Alexis without making some space in these positions. We'd have Cazorla, Chamberlain, Podolski, Rosicky, Campbell, Özil, Walcott and Alexis for 3 positions. That is without considering Gnabry who would have to go on loan. It's too much.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:27 am

I'd guess that if we were to sign Sanchez, Campbell would go on loan again or be sold. Either that, or he plays centrally, in which case you can rule out signing a striker.

So you could have:

AM: Ozil/Rosicky
RW: Sanchez/Walcott/Chamberlain
LW: Cazorla/Podolski/Chamberlain
CF: Giroud/Campbell/Sanogo

A lot of those guys play multiple positions, too i.e. Chamberlain plays CM, Sanchez LW, Walcott and Podolski CF, Cazorla AM or RW etc.

But looking at it like this, you can see why a winger wouldn't be on the list of priorities.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:33 am

Alexis and Theo up front in 442 Proud

but really
when everyone Fit

Theo-Mesut-Alexis
-----Giroud-------

Mesut-------------Santi
-----Alexis----Giroud----
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:40 am

Szczesny

Aurier - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

Sanchez - Schneiderlin - Ramsey - Ozil

Walcott - Giroud

---------------------

New GK

Jenkinson - New CB - Vermaelen - Monreal

Chamberlain - Arteta - Wilshere - Cazorla

Campbell - Podolski

All out attack Proud

RG try that on FIFA pls

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:53 am

I got this.

I really like that Sven link from earlier. I think he is more suited than lars because he is a genuine DM rather than Lars who is more of a CM imo. Schneiderlin won't be bad either obviously though.

If we can get Sanchez, a DM, RB, GK, and a ST(unless Joel is staying) then this will be our best summer in a long long time.

And those signings are necessities as well.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:57 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:I'd guess that if we were to sign Sanchez, Campbell would go on loan again or be sold. Either that, or he plays centrally, in which case you can rule out signing a striker.

So you could have:

AM: Ozil/Rosicky
RW: Sanchez/Walcott/Chamberlain
LW: Cazorla/Podolski/Chamberlain
CF: Giroud/Campbell/Sanogo

A lot of those guys play multiple positions, too i.e. Chamberlain plays CM, Sanchez LW, Walcott and Podolski CF, Cazorla AM or RW etc.

But looking at it like this, you can see why a winger wouldn't be on the list of priorities.

Judging by last season, I think its pretty accurate to say that penciling in players like that or trying to figure out where players fit isn't the way to go about things. Lets just acquire good players, its a long season, we play a ton of games. When you consider some of our players youth/inexperience, or age like Rosicky, or pretty much half the rosters injury history the team isn't that deep.

I think there is room for a CF, Campbell and a winger.

AM: Ozil/Cazorla/Rosicky/Wilshere/Ramsey
RW: Walcott/Cazorla/Sanchez/Chamberlain/Campbell
LW: Sanchez/Cazorla/Podolski/Chamberlain/ Campbell
CF: Balotelli/Giroud/Campbell/Sanogo/Podolski
CM:Ramsey/Wilshere/Chamblerain/Arteta
DM:Schneiderlin/Flamini/Arteta

I think that sort of depth/quality is more on the level of teams we are competing with. City bought Jovetic and barely even played him all year. I think worrying too much about who gets games or doesn't shouldn't be an issue. They won't be complaining all that much about how much they did or didn't play if we win the league, imo.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:15 am

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/juventus/juventus-per-sanchez-si-inserisce-larsenal-la-situazione/
using Google translate
gianlucadimarzio wrote:Juventus continued to dream of Alexis Sanchez. Many contacts, to test the waters and prepare a possible deal with Barcelona. Even though, many obstacles. First of all the price; today, even the Arsenal Wenger. The London-based company has come forward and has the economic means to be able to rip the Chilean at Barcelona. More reason for Juventus to accelerate and find a solution to a deal that starts to become very complicated.

kike marin was first to report it RG  :coffee: :fishing: 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:27 am

Won't believe it till it's on Arsenal.com :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:32 am

He's not saying you will get him anyway, just that you've joined Juventus in the race to sign him.

You won't be the only ones either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:40 am

I don't see us getting him. I think with Juventus, Man U and Liverpool sniffing about we will have our work cut out for us here.

Liverpool desperately need a winger and if the Suarez situation gets worse for them they may have no choice - at least Sanchez would sweeten the deal for them.

Man U need some better quality wingers to Young & Valencia.

Juventus are serie A champions and meditteranean countries are usually more appealing to south americans.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:43 am

Can I also ask... whats with the Ivanovic links? Am I mising something or is that the most ridiculous transfer rumour of the summer?
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:06 am

Ivanovic: I don't believe the Daily Mail story and I would be very surprised to see us get a RB older than 28 or so. But he's a good and very experienced player who can cover RB/CB, and frankly, I wouldn't scoff at signing him. At all. Especially not if that meant that Wenger and the coaches were truly convinced that Jenkinson and/or Bellerin were going to come good in the next few years.

Alexis Sanchez would be such a great signing. But I'd be really surprised if it happened. The guy just feels like he's made to go to another club, doesn't he? Juve, Liverpool ... then again, my sixth sense about such things is often wrong. I could have sworn that Kevin Strootman was a nailed-on Man Utd/Fergie type signing ... but he went to Roma instead.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:35 am

No Ivanovic is a great player.. I wasn't saying I would scoff at him at all.. Its just completely unrealistic that mou would sell one of his favourite defenders to Arsenal..

Yep.. I dont see Sanchez in an Arsenal shirt either - not that I don't want to. I can see the Vidal connection taking him to Juve (if he leaves Barca that is)
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:37 am

RealGunner wrote:Won't believe it till it's on Arsenal.com :coffee:

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL......

sign someone....good... Wink 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:38 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's not saying you will get him anyway, just that you've joined Juventus in the race to sign him.

You won't be the only ones either.

Mole what bets did you lose ffs.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:37 am

Not sure if posted already...

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/18/three-koeman-favourites-who-could-be-southampton-targets-includi/

Koeman wants Ryo, would be a good deal imo.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:41 am

Vela back to Sociedad official:

http://www.realsociedad.com/document/view/spa/225/175514/carlos-vela-continuara-en-la-real-hasta-2018-

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:07 pm

RG, mah mahn! Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Reg Vela, it's been a shrewd piece of business.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:04 pm

With Campbell and Sanchez, your wide attackers are looking good, very good even.

So Oxlade, Walcott, Sanchez, Campbell, and maybe Podolski still. me gusta.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:32 pm

srigooner wrote:

RG, mah mahn! Proud

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 26 H8penUX
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:36 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:With Campbell and Sanchez, your wide attackers are looking good, very good even.

So Oxlade, Walcott, Sanchez, Campbell, and maybe Podolski still. me gusta.

That moment when we still run Cazorla and Ozil out on the wings every game.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:02 pm

Balotelli and Italy out. He was poor, got an unnecessary yellow. Now he's got time for potential Arsenal move.

Telegraph claim we're in for both him and Sanchez but only want to sign one of them.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:11 pm

Balotelli's movement looks poor. We got on Giroud's case for sometimes being a traffic cone up front, well, Balotelli is even worse.

Between him and Sanchez, it has to be Sanchez.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:17 pm

exactly, thats why i haven't said anything about this balotelli transfer, every time i see him he looks HORRIBLY average, and not what we need at all. only difference between balo and giroud is balo has 3-4 games a season where he does something special. thats not enough to buy him.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next