EL Patron
Chumlum
Sina
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
52 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Sri Tue May 06, 2014 8:51 am

You can't seriously expect to pay 150k+ p/w for a soon-to-turn-30 RB, no matter how good.

And you can't celebrate 8 years of dedication if they culminate with a money-oriented decision to join a title rival.

Don't see how this is Arsenal's fault.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Kick Tue May 06, 2014 8:57 am

We're not after Sagna, We have Bran and Azp for RB. No need for another.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 06, 2014 9:07 am

srigooner wrote:You can't seriously expect to pay 150k+ p/w for a soon-to-turn-30 RB, no matter how good.

And you can't celebrate 8 years of dedication if they culminate with a money-oriented decision to join a title rival.

Who's saying 150k/week? Just offer what others are offering if not a bit more.

Anyway it's a bit hard to believe that we've not offered more than what he has earned so far, could be his agent trying to attract clubs.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyarados Garrincha Tue May 06, 2014 9:29 am

srigooner wrote:You can't seriously expect to pay 150k+ p/w for a soon-to-turn-30 RB, no matter how good.

Even if it's gonna culminate in a money-oriented decision to join a title rival,I still feel this guy deserves some amount of respect for all those years of dedicated and selfless services he has provided for Arsenal.We all know there were a few European heavyweights after Sagna but he still stayed faithful to the Arsenal.Arsenal should repay the faith by giving in his to his contractual demands but then his salary demands are exorbitant.

Personally feel he is going to join Manchester City where he can get a fair shot at the first team with the competition for places being 1 less with Micah leaving Etihad this season(Though I personally feel Sagna>>>>>>>>>>Micah) and he definitely has a chance of winning more trophies at Etihad than at Arsenal & have a fat paycheck too.
Gyarados Garrincha
Gyarados Garrincha
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 06, 2014 9:42 am

The last I heard, we put 100k on the table and he stalled. The tweet Internet Bullshit Artist claims they are topping our offer by 50k. Sums up then?

I am pretty sure we have bumped it up. But he's 31 now. He has the right to want the best lucrative contract he can get. That wouldn't absolve him if he pisses over all of us and joins our moneybag league rivals.

Clichy did the same thing.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Gyarados Garrincha Tue May 06, 2014 9:50 am

Yeah,I agree that we shouldn't give in to his exorbitant wage demands but I personally feel he deserves some respect for all those years of consistent performances he has given Arsenal,though he may in all probability join our direct rivals.

Especially he shouldn't be considered on the same lines as Nasri,Clichy or RvP.
Gyarados Garrincha
Gyarados Garrincha
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 06, 2014 9:58 am

Sri, read the tweets again it's not saying these clubs have offered 50k/week more than we have. No sane club would offer Sagna 150k/week Laughing

He wants something close to 100k/week, which is nothing compared to what we'll have to pay for our new RB.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 06, 2014 10:42 am

Ahh yeah.. Now I see it:

"offered him 3-year deal worth €50k per wk, less than MCFC & CFC"

I ignored the comma, because it seems fairly ludicrous that we offered a 50k p/w contract to him. Other (arguably more reliable) sources quoted a 2-year 100k p/w contract on the table.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 06, 2014 11:31 am

Lars Bender announces he'll be staying at Leverkusen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2621282/Arsenal-blow-target-Lars-Bender-announces-hell-stay-Bayer-Leverkusen.html
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 06, 2014 11:36 am

Javi Martinez becoming a bit disgruntled with bench role at Bayern, apparently:

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bayern-muenchen/martinez-denkt-an-wechsel-35831882.bild.html

How awesome would be a Martinez-Ramsey combo be?

One can dream Sad

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 06, 2014 11:50 am

35m €? That's what we offered for Draxler ffs!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 06, 2014 11:55 am

Cesc Fabregas on Spanish radio:

If Arsenal came for me I would consider returning. I miss the Arsenal fans.

y u do dis cesc
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 06, 2014 8:44 pm

Carlos Vela: Was fouled more times (81) than any other player in Europe’s top 5 leagues in 2014; Cuadrado second (68)[@WhoScored]
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 06, 2014 8:57 pm

MJGunner wrote:Cesc Fabregas on Spanish radio:

If Arsenal came for me I would consider returning. I miss the Arsenal fans.

y u do dis cesc

Did he really say this? Heart Shocked 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 06, 2014 9:15 pm

MJGunner wrote:Lars Bender announces he'll be staying at Leverkusen.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2621282/Arsenal-blow-target-Lars-Bender-announces-hell-stay-Bayer-Leverkusen.html

I have been utterly disappointed every time I watch Lars Bender, not sure if I want him at Arsenal anymore. I think we can get better for the price.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue May 06, 2014 9:43 pm

morgan schneiderlin?  hmm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/377654/Arsenal-preparing-12m-raid-for-Southampton-star-Morgan-Schneiderlin

--------

morgan shneiderlin, serge auriur, and a top class CF would make a good summer.  Thumbs up 
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue May 06, 2014 9:55 pm

Gazidis actually confirmed Sagna's departure? I be pretty sad when he does leave.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue May 06, 2014 9:57 pm

how much would Debuchy cost?not my 1st choice but about as good as it gets in this Market

Sagna off but Kos is signing new Deal Thumbs up
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue May 06, 2014 10:55 pm

Gazidis met with fans today. He said that Sagna is leaving, Koscielny will sign a new deal before the World Cup and that we had £140mil in cash reserves that's not all available for transfers; London Colney will be receiving some upgrades and some of the money is being spent on improving our scouting, youth development and sports science departments.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue May 06, 2014 11:00 pm

So 50 million for transfers then?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue May 06, 2014 11:03 pm

REWB wrote:morgan schneiderlin?  hmm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/377654/Arsenal-preparing-12m-raid-for-Southampton-star-Morgan-Schneiderlin

--------

morgan shneiderlin, serge auriur, and a top class CF would make a good summer.  Thumbs up 

12 Million will not be enough for us to nab Schneirdelin, he will cost us at least 20 million which is ridiculous.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue May 06, 2014 11:46 pm

Partially because Schneiderlein is actually a decent bloke. Says he won't force a move or leave unless Southampton want him to. Has been with them since 2008 when they were in League One.

Just stings that Gazidis said that. Knew it was coming but can anyone link me with a transcript of summary of events? Fantastic about Koscielny.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue May 06, 2014 11:58 pm

http://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/arsenal-transfer-rumors-and-news/2014/5/6/5687586/sagna-to-leave-this-summer

Only thing I can find. I will not trust it though.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed May 07, 2014 6:33 am

Kike Marin** ‏@Kike_Marin_

Hasta hace poco Cesc esperaba renovar por el Barça. Después de los pitos y verse en listas de transferibles igual debería volver al #Arsenal

"Until recently Cesc was due to renew at Barca. After whistles and hate he just wishes to go back to #Arsenal"
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed May 07, 2014 8:02 am

bleep it, cesc COME HOMEEEE!!!!  cheers 
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed May 07, 2014 9:57 am

Despite all said and done, I would take Cesc back.

* If he's not expecting the same star-around-whom-the-team-was-built treatment and captaincy. It would detrimental to team chemistry and a slap in the faces of the players who fought tooth and nail to help Wenger rebuild from scratch after he left.
* If he's willing to fight for his place and rotate with Özil and Cazorla and Rosicky and Wilshere.
* If he commits to the long term, instead of wanting to jump back to Barca within 2-3 years because he's home sick again.

If he is still the man he was when he was here, and the man so many of us loved and respected.

Per deserves the armband, in case Vermalen leaves.

And while on the topic of flying pigs: Cesc (10m - assuming deductions against outstanding payments), Vela (3m - buyback), Aurier (say 15m), CB (say 10m) would make for a darn good summer.

I still miss the striker in that. But I can think of any marquee signings happening this summer, given the WC and assuming Wenger stays, the need for stability. But putting Cesc and Vela into the mix does make it look much better.

Throw in Griezmann or Cuadardo and BOOM.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next