Highburied
Jay29
Hapless_Hans
48 posters

Page 41 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 41 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Twoism wrote:RG :(he's new Appiah by that I mean he will be linked to Arsenal every now and then. As for quality, he is good for team like Parma, not Arsenal material, a bit better than Frimpong. Only Parma players that Arsenal should watch for is Palleta & maybe Biabiany.

Good game today btw. Cassano's penalty Razz Handanovic was amazing. Parma looked a bit tired though.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:11 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Twoism wrote:RG :(he's new Appiah by that I mean he will be linked to Arsenal every now and then. As for quality, he is good for team like Parma, not Arsenal material, a bit better than Frimpong. Only Parma players that Arsenal should watch for is Palleta & maybe Biabiany.

Good game today btw. Cassano's penalty Razz Handanovic was amazing. Parma looked a bit tired though.

Thanks, love 1st half well until Cassano's pen anyways Sad That's Parma this season, highest average age usually and we're burnt out after that amazing runs and last 4 really tough games.

Handanovic has been unreal lately. Mixed feeling for me this game. On one hand, I'm kinda relieved cause no way the team is ready for Europe. On the other hand, this game might cost us 2 or 3 starters. Still it's more than what I can ask for this season.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:If we want players from Serie A than it should be Icardi, Destro, Kovacic, SES, Balo, Cuadrado, Pjanic, Strootman or Vidal.

Obviously some of them are unattainable while others could be an option but with big money.

Apart from that I haven't seen any real quality.

there is this striker called Ezo, who's really really good, plays for Palermo and has scored 20 goals in 30 apps, great young player. he's going to be world class. My virtual pro on fifa 14 < 3 hue hue  Razz 

Last edited by REWB on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:08 pm

Ezo?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:22 pm

REWB wrote:
RealGunner wrote:If we want players from Serie A than it should be Icardi, Destro, Kovacic, SES, Balo, Cuadrado, Pjanic, Strootman or Vidal.

Obviously some of them are unattainable while others could be an option but with big money.

Apart from that I haven't seen any real quality.

there is this striker called Ezo, who's really really good, plays for Palermo and has scored 20 goals in 30 apps, great young player. he's going to be world class. My virtual pro on fifa 14 < 3 hue hue  Razz 
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:40 pm

oh lmao
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:39 am

with Cazorla saying he might want out, any chance we can Bring Cesc back home, he doesn't Suit Barca's style and eventually will be on the bench.

If Barca still owe money on the deal we, could sell Cazorla, for 10-14 mill, bring in Cesc for basically the same amount + plus the money they owe us.

....Ramsey......
...Cesc.....Ozil......
Walcott.....Striker......OxChamber

Bring back that 08-11 style, with Better players. only thing we would lack is DM, but with that team we would basically own the ball for 60% of the game.
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:16 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/20/danny-welbeck-unhappy-future-manchester-united-moyes?CMP=twt_gu

I'd take him. hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:31 am

Yeah I like Danny too, I think he has serious potential if he can get his finishing right, his good movement gets him in good goalscoring positions but gets a bit too excited in front of goal right now, much like Ramsey in the last few years. I believe at some point he's going to explode, when he gets more ruthless in front of goal.

If he's available for a cut price, we could do a lot worse.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:53 am

arsenal fans confessing a secret love for danny welbeck...i have seen it all

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:38 pm

Welbeck Very Happy

U guys are not making me feel proud.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:40 pm

You guys have got to be f*cking kidding me on Danny Welbeck...

How would you be pleased with signing him???
The guy is ridiculous and a waste of time.
Can't believe this. I am disappointed Jay and Urban. Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:50 pm

Hernandez would be alright.
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:57 pm

Welbeck is much better than Chicharito, and he's better than what you make him out to be. He has good off the ball movement, fast, can dribble, can play anywhere in attack, very good link up play... only needs to improve on his finishing (which he will when he starts playing regularly). I think he has good potential and is better than some other players we're linked with. Not the unrealistic targets like Costa, Cavani, Falcao but the Drmic's, Batschuayi's etc...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:10 pm

The moment of ultimate deception when urban pissed on Madzui but drool over Welbeck.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:22 pm

If we get a striker, it makes little sense to get anyone who isn't an improvement on what we've got. We need someone world class to take us to the next level, and Welbeck is not world class.

He may never be quite that good, but he certainly isn't right now - we don't need potential, we need definite quality. I would be very disappointed if we got a 'Welbeck' instead of a 'Costa.'
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Well, Costa's the only world class forward on the market and we're not getting him so you're going to be disappointed, I'm afraid.

I won't say Welbeck is the answer or anything like that, but I've rated him for a while and do think he's a good player. He's got the pace Giroud hasn't and his movement is good. His finishing has improved this season and if he improves it further he'll be a 20 goals a season striker. And as far as experience goes, he trumps the likes of Drmic and Morata.

We can't use "he's not world class" as an excuse for not signing a striker. Do we want to go into next season with just Giroud again?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:45 pm

Who is world class we can sign? No one, forget about the Cavani's, Costa's and Falcao's, we have no chance of signing these players. We had a chance to sign Higuain last summer and we blew it, that was our chance.

Seriously, we always say "we need a world class striker" but who is that? Costa is already a Chelsea player, Cavani will stay in PSG, Benzema will sign a new contract, Falcao is earning €500k/week 'nuff said. Who else is there? Benteke? Jackson Martinez? Mandzukic? Don't make me laugh, these guys will cost as much as Higuain did last summer and are no where near as good.

So we need a different solution, which is develope our own world class striker. And no I'm not saying Welbeck, Drmic, Batschuayi will certainly become world class but we have to give it a try. I'm tired of signing old average players and hoping they will magically become good.

I've personally given up on the world class striker the moment we let Higuain go to Napoli, my only hope is Benzema asking for a pay rise and Real Madrid refusing it but even that is unlikely.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:52 pm

What's more important is that if Arsenal can't get that class forward, then they need someone they can rely upon for when Giroud needs a rest or is out of form. At the moment, Sanogo and Akpom aren't ready to have that sort of role in the squad.

So whether it's a young player or a more experienced player, we need someone. It's no help to us saying "world class or nothing".

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:56 pm

It's still restrictive to think that we can only attempt to sign players that are 'on the market.' I would rather we attempt to coerce a team that doesn't want to sell a great striker into doing it anyway than limit our options to the guys that teams are willing/forced to lose. I'm not saying that I expect Arsene to do this, but if paying over-the-odds for a player that will finally complete the puzzle is an option, we shouldn't rule it out.

I'm not saying to sign Cavani or Falcao either. I know that's still another level of ambitious that we are not going to be, but if we submit a big bid for Mario Gomez, do you not think Fiorentina would even consider it? Dortmund would fight tooth and nail not to lose Reus, but it might be worth a try. Benzema probably isn't going anywhere, but if we submit a big bid, maybe Real will think of it as an opportunity to sell him and use the funds to launch a massive Bale-esque bid for someone like Suarez.

Developing our own world class players is always a great idea until we're perpetually in this phase of trying to do it while our rivals are buying them outright and staying a step ahead of us. If we get someone who might possibly be world class in 2 years, well we're still going to have to wait 2 years before we have the type of quality up front as our rivals do. We've waited a long time to have the financial resources we finally do right now - I would hope our transfer approach might change slightly.

And, if we're going to sign someone who isn't already the finished article, at least I would hope it is someone that everyone can see has massive potential. I wouldn't mind a Lukaku - I don't see Welbeck in that same bracket.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:19 pm

I didnt metion world class once, it's just a simple case of me rating several other "average" players above Welbeck, the England Welbeck ok maybe but the MU one, hell no ( not even the SAF one)
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Welbeck is shit and that's that!
We shouldn't even consider such a move.

We can do much better than him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:30 pm

If only we could get Lukaku. I would imagine him with Theo being a devastating combo for us. Alas, it will never happened because Chelsea refused to sell is Demba *bleep* Ba lol.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:20 pm

Think Lukaku will go back to Chelsea and fight for a place with Diego Costa.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:34 pm

whenever i see welbeck he impresses me with his overall play, i would like to have him, but we can do better if we look hard enough.

-benzema might be on the market, rm are due a steller signing, which mean they might need to sell.

-cavani also might be on the market if he decides he wants to leave because of his playing position.

-costa isnt a chelsea player just yet

if we have ambition we will go for these players, whatever the cost, you CAN buy them if you offer enough. Period.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:43 pm

some of the names  Laughing 

Welbeck  rofl 

Gomez  rofl 

EL Patron