Welbeck  rofl 

Gomez  rofl 

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 42 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Highburied Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:04 pm

Ok do you guys ask yourselves, where do they find these cavanis, benzemas etc?

Our scouting staff has never found a proper striker since ... RVP?
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:12 pm

Highburied wrote:Ok do you guys ask yourselves, where do they find these cavanis, benzemas etc?

Our scouting staff has never found a proper striker since ... RVP?

kill me for saying this but Adebayor seemed like a bargain , as did Eduardo (when things were going right).
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:56 pm

Bring back, Song, Cesc and RVP. Wenger's favorite sons coming back to replace themselves. Shocked  eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:34 pm

Guys serious question.

Why do we need a world class striker with amazing vision, link up play, etc?... Sure finding one would be great.. But imo we don't have to sign one in order to fix our striker situation..

Just get a poacher with some speed and good work rate. Mandzukic fits the bill. Especially if we add someone like draxler..

I mean what's the point of having guys like ozil, cazorla Ramsey, jack and ox for if we plan on bringing in a striker who carries most of the weight anyways?

We can turn a player into a WC striker just by surrounding all the other players we do have.. They just need to have some pace and make runs and the goals will fly in. I mean giroud as much as we complain and as bad of a fit as he is in our system STILL managed to score 20 goals this season and could put in more by seasons end.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:53 pm

Mandzukic is as slow as Giroud man, but I get your point.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:05 pm

Since when is Mandzukic a poacher anyway  scratch 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:25 pm

If all it took was sticking any pacey striker up front then Walcott would've kept his spot as the central forward last season.

By focusing all our creativity into one single point, you might maximise that players goalscoring potential, but at the same time you also become one-dimensional. Teams will know that you're looking for that though ball in behind all the time, and consequently will just sit deep to deny any space in behind. Without the link-up play or selfless movement from the striker, you won't get the goals from midfield, either.

Think about how Walcott has benefited from the creativity and through passes from van Persie, or the flick-ons and selflessness from Giroud. If you played a poacher instead, Walcott doesn't get that same service; you're going to have two players making the same movement, and you won't be able to build attacks effectively. Podolski today scored both his goals from positions you'd ordinarily expect from a central striker, and he only took up those positions because Giroud had vacated them. Likewise Ramsey can only make that run through the middle if the striker is out the way.

That's the undervalued part of Giroud; he's entirely dependant on service to score goals, but other players benefit from him. Where we struggle with him is his lack of pace and ability to run at players, and that's what we're looking to improve upon.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:03 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:If all it took was sticking any pacey striker up front then Walcott would've kept his spot as the central forward last season.

By focusing all our creativity into one single point, you might maximise that players goalscoring potential, but at the same time you also become one-dimensional. Teams will know that you're looking for that though ball in behind all the time, and consequently will just sit deep to deny any space in behind. Without the link-up play or selfless movement from the striker, you won't get the goals from midfield, either.

Think about how Walcott has benefited from the creativity and through passes from van Persie, or the flick-ons and selflessness from Giroud. If you played a poacher instead, Walcott doesn't get that same service; you're going to have two players making the same movement, and you won't be able to build attacks effectively. Podolski today scored both his goals from positions you'd ordinarily expect from a central striker, and he only took up those positions because Giroud had vacated them. Likewise Ramsey can only make that run through the middle if the striker is out the way.

That's the undervalued part of Giroud; he's entirely dependant on service to score goals, but other players benefit from him. Where we struggle with him is his lack of pace and ability to run at players, and that's what we're looking to improve upon.

+1

Well said

Arsene likes his strikers to contribute to the game as well as score goals. He doesn't sign poachers, they are just too limited with what they bring to the game. the last player who sort of resembled to a poacher was Eduardo. Even he offered more than the archetypal poacher.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:14 pm

Eduardo also had the benefit of playing in a 4-4-2, either alongside Bendtner, Adebayor or van Persie who each made very good foils for him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:40 am

EL Patron wrote:some of the names  Laughing 

Welbeck  rofl 

Gomez  rofl 
We aren't going to sign him anyway, but what is wrong with Mario Gomez?
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:47 am

I don't think Wellbeck is a bad player at all, and at certain points I'd have welcomed him at Arsenal (to round out attacking depth, that is). But I don't know if he would really satisfy what is needed at the club this summer.

Let's sign up Giuseppe Rossi and turn him into an injury-resistant cyborg.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:54 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:If all it took was sticking any pacey striker up front then Walcott would've kept his spot as the central forward last season.

I don't mean just any pacey striker.

The attitude seems to be we have to buy someone who is already world class, with a perfect, god tier game and create just as well as he can score or else we are making a lateral movement at striker and we aren't going to improve.

I just believe due to our system and the surrounding players, we might be able to bring in someone who is maybe not screaming on everybodies radar, but would rake them in on our side. For example, who thought Sturridge would really ever be anything special? Or be as clinical and explosive as he is at Liverpool now?

I feel like Welbeck, Gomez, Mandzukic, Dzeko, etc..you know, strikers of their kind of Calibur, would have a ton of success on our team, and produce a lot of goals. I feel like we are a bit too worried about talent, when I feel like ultimately we should be considering the amount of production they can produce. I think any of those guys if they got a lot of starts for us next season could score a ton of goals and help us win a lot of games.. Not to mention if we bring in someone in addition to them like Draxler, Greizmann or even Drmic to give us other options and different dimensions.

Walcott's issue is more that he just isn't a striker, and is just missing what it takes to play as one. A more prototypical number 9 that at least has some more pace, in fact he doesn't even have to have great pace.. Giroud still has done well enough and his pace is like a 2/10. I just feel like every game, our midfielders, and even giroud have an idea, or see where giroud should/might be, but he almost never gets into the space before the defender does and the attack is killed off. Someone with just a bit more speed I think, in our system regardless of their link up play ability would find themselves with at least double the amount of chances per game that Giroud finds himself with.

He does link up well with others, but the lack of whatever link up play the new striker, or someone who doesn't give as much service to say Walcott, is minimalized because, well, we are still going to have Giroud on the roster, and if Walcott finds it so difficult to play with a striker that can't provide more, that can be solved by, i dunno, playing Ox or Cazorla on the right wing for example instead. Plus, I don't think Walcott really needs someone to give him so much service, Walcott is at his best when he is providing the goals for other players and making runs and stretching the defense.. He actually creates scoring chances simply by being their, regardless of what other players are really doing for him, or at least thats what I've observed from it.

I don't think being one dimensional will be a problem because we have so many scoring midfielders, and we'll have two strikers with totally different styles of play.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Chumlum wrote:

Let's sign up Giuseppe Rossi and turn him into an injury-resistant cyborg.

This is my favorite suggestion so far.

I counter it by proposing we sign Mario Balotelli and brainwash the crazy out of him and transform him into his dull alter-ego. Meh-rio Bore-otelli
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:03 pm

I don't know how you guys will take it, but Soldado would have been a good solution for you. Neither AVB nor Dear Timmy had the IQ to utilize him but he have real scoring ability and would have thrived with squad you have.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:16 pm

John Cross says Arsenal, among other clubs, are keeping tabs on teenage Benfica winger Gonçalo Guedes.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfers-goncalo-guedes-teenage-3439146

Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 pm

If Cesc is available, how many of you want him back?

I would take him back with open arms. :bow: 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:17 pm

I'll always like Cesc and I don't ever want to see him play in the PL against Arsenal. But I can't see him returning, nor do I see a need for him, as long as Özil is here.

Unless there was a changeover to a Christmas tree formation, with Cesc and Özil as pivot attacking playmakers, Cesc's direct runs and Özil's stunning movement, feeding balls to the striker, supported by Ramsey and Wilshere and an enforcer DM ...

hmm drunken
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Cesc would nicely fit in our bench Thumbs up
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:20 pm

nah money should be spent somewhere else[Reus :wub:]
unless he cost 15-20M max, lol,then again there is no need,thank God for Mesut  :bow: 
------------
how has Savic been in his time at Fiorentina?seen his named linked with us!albeit a dodgy source
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:If Cesc is available, how many of you want him back?

I would take him back with open arms. :bow: 

With them still owing for him and the buy back clause, £15m or less or gtfo
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:39 pm

I guess you guys want Cesc at United then. pale

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Why would Barcelona sell Cesc when they can't buy anyone?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:55 pm

We needed to stop living in the past, Cesc is gone and have moved on. We don't need him when we have the likes of Ozil,Santi,Jack,Ramsey.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:05 pm

I am just saying if he is available shouldn't we sign him instead of United?

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:14 pm

We don't need him, so what would be the point? United wouldn't get him, but that'd leave us with the problem of trying to fit Santi, Ozil, Cesc into the same side, simultaneously limiting the game time of Chamberlain, Podolski and Walcott, and blocking off the talented young players like Gnabry, Crowley and Zelalem.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next