Jay29
RealGunner
Sri
43 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 17 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:38 am

I have to say though that reasoning is a bit strange. Clearly Ox wouldn't have done the handball clearance if he didn't think the shot was going in and tried to preventa goal.

To let him off jsut because in hindsight you can see the shot would've been just wide?

That's a bit like if a goalkeeper makes a save although the shot would've been off target and you don't give a corner for that reason.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:55 am

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
MJGunner wrote:Why did Ox not get the punishment transferred, just because of the whole debacle?
A handball in the box is only a penalty if it stops a goal from being scored, but Hazard's shot was off-target anyway.

No, ANY intentional handball in the box is a penalty, regardless if it's on target or if it's going out from a mis-kick for a throw in. Again, Marriner is getting a lot of stick, but it was the fourth official/lines man call; Marriner didn't see it. (I'm certain he was about to call for a corner)

He probably doesn't serve a punishment because the wrong man (Gibbs) was sent off.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:10 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:you mean red card, a penalty it's anyway.
Oh yeah, sorry, I meant red card.

A player is sent off, however, if he prevents a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball. This punishment arises not from the act of the player deliberately handling the ball but from the unacceptable and unfair intervention that prevented a goal being scored.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:35 pm

A surprisingly good article here from Neil Ashton of the Daily Mail. Can't say I disagree with much of it:

A rotating advertising board on the perimeter of the pitch at the Emirates boasts that Arsenal are #ALWAYSAHEADOFTHEGAME. In a digital age, they have a manager working in analogue.

There will never be an uprising here, their fans are not the type to revolt after being spoilt by Arsene Wenger in his first 500 games in charge. After three Premier League titles, four FA Cups and a Champions League final, Wenger can walk away from this club on his own terms.

Rightly so, there is too much respect around this place for any Arsenal fan to speak out publicly against the most successful manager in the club's history. Instead, everybody at the Emirates has been left in no-man's land.

This surrender, conceding a fumbled equaliser deep into injury time, summed up the state of play. This is a massive wobble. If the end of season appraisal is honest, Wenger will concede that Arsenal's chances of winning the Premier League went when they were knocked off the top after drawing 0-0 with Manchester United on February 12.

In The Manager: Inside the Minds of Football's Leaders, Wenger talks of the pain and the despair of the car journey home after a setback.

It is his belief that his emotional bond with the club is so strong after 18 years at Arsenal, that negative results hurt that little bit more with every passing season.

These are challenging time for Arsenal's manager and he will need to show leadership - something he has always been noted for - in the weeks ahead.

Even his assistant Steve Bould, usually so restrained on the bench, was shaking his head when Mathieu Flamimi's own goal earned Swansea this point. The famous back four are still shuddering at the ineptitude.

This team needs a reboot and yet Wenger is convinced that they can power up again in the final seven games of the Premier League season.

Up in the north west quadrant, right by the image of the Littlewoods Cup they won in 1987, the flag urges Arsenal fans to Keep the Faith. After Saturday's destruction at Chelsea, the trust and that unique bond with the team has gone. It will take something special to win it back.

Once, where this team was energetic and enterprising, they are suddenly terrified of making a mistake. Stamford Bridge has done for them.

For the supporters, who booed their team off the field at half-time after a dreadful first half, they are sick to the stomach of all these broken promises.

The life has been drained from them after another season that offered so much when their manager was telling us they were good enough to win the Premier League title. No-one believes they can now.

There were empty seats all over the stadium, a sad reflection of the mood around the place following the 6-0 defeat at Stamford Bridge.

Officially the club sold 59,937 seats, but they must have been 10,000 or more short here.

In sporadic bursts they sang 'Come on Arsenal', but it was a half-hearted gesture. They have been let down by this team. Badly.

On Saturday, when Manchester City arrive at the Emirates, there must be a response. Without it, they will be in danger of being #BEHINDTHETIMES.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2589399/Arsene-Wenger-game-wont-Arsenal-uprising-despite-fans-sick-stomach-promises.html

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Someone on Twitter supposedly wants to bring a 'Wenger Out' banner to Wembley.

Cannot believe how classless that notion is.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Arsenal will play New York Red Bulls in the Red Bull Arena on July 26th, 17:00 (local time) kick off.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140320/club-confirms-pre-season-visit-to-usa

The game is set to be the only game outside of Europe this pre-season for Arsenal, so I guess there'll be no Asia tour this year. Bit of a shame since the last one was really enjoyable.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Think WC affected that more than anything. Pre season tends to be shorter. USA would still be something new.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:50 pm

Last time Arsenal came near me (China) I had to leave for uni to US, now that Arsenal is coming to US i have to go to China for the summer :(FML
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:31 pm

The day after I left Boston to come back to Beirut, the Boston Gooners met in a pub to watch us play Southampton back in September 2012. I would have gone had we stayed the extra day but I didn't get the chance.

Pat freaking Rice showed up to the pub. He was in Boston because he's Irish as you all know and Boston has a large Irish populace. He met and took pictures with everyone there. One of the biggest regrets of my life. Sad
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:13 am

Happy Birthday Jay... Very Happy
Our Arsenal section legend :bow:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:09 am

Is there a pub in london called BARsenal?

If not, there should be
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:34 pm

EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal and Spurs agree to STUNNING Emirates groundshare*
:facepalm: 

Spurs have shelved plans to build a new stadium to replace White Hart Lane and will instead MOVE IN with their local foes.

Arsenal agreed to the stunning collaboration after crunch talks with Spurs chairman Daniel Levy.

It is thought that Levy - acting alone - met with as many as 10 Arsenal officials for a series of negotiations before sealing the deal.

Arsenal, Tottenham, Spurs, EmiratesDaniel Levy is thought to have taken on as many as 10 Arsenal officials at a time during talks [GETTY]

Levy had originally pushed for the Northumberland Development Project to rebuild on their existing site, but switched Spurs' focus after a number of planning and construction setbacks.

Tottenham hope to begin the groundbreaking stadium share from the beginning of the 2016/17 season, although the club are wary of a strong backlash from fans.

And claims that the Emirates' 60,000 seats will alternate between red and white from game to game are unlikely to go down well with supporters either.

Arsenal, Tottenham, Spurs, EmiratesPart of the deal could see the Emirates' seats change colour from red to white from game to game [GETTY]

The Gunners accepted the deal after a building blow of their own, following rejection from the Appeal Court in their bid to create a 25-storey tower block next to the Emirates.

Instead they will now bring in substantial revenue from their bitter rivals to the tune of around £40million a season, but in doing so give up sole use of the ground.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has already been promised the cash to fund new signings, with more stars in the mould of £42.5m acquisition Mesut Ozil planned.

It is understood Wenger was heavily involved in the talks and even made a personal call to Levy from a London telephone box to ensure the move went through and Arsenal secured their annual payment.

Arsenal, Tottenham, Spurs, EmiratesArsene Wenger gave his consent to the deal after being convinced of the financial benefits [GETTY]

And Tottenham will save themselves an estimated £400m in building costs by choosing to relocate down the road rather than improve their current home.

Levy decided on the move to free up funds to bolster Spurs' current squad, with Tim Sherwood's side struggling to qualify for the Champions League this season.

Arsenal moved into the Emirates in 2006, but are yet to open the stadium's trophy cabinet.

They are now in their ninth year without a trophy, although remain in contention for the FA Cup while they kept their slim title hopes alive with a 1-1 draw against Manchester City on Saturday.

A club source told Express Sport: "Fans may have waited nearly a decade for glory but this move immediately doubles the chance of the Emirates crowd seeing a trophy won."

Arsenal, Tottenham, Spurs, EmiratesTim Sherwood's side will move out of their White Hart Lane home in 2016 [GETTY]

There is expected to be a fiercely negative reaction from both sets of supporters to the move, although the two clubs believe examples of groundsharing success overseas and in other sports can help calm choppy waters.

Milan rivals AC and Inter co-exist at the San Siro, while there are other working situations with rival clubs playing under the same roof in Brazil, Belgium and Israel.

A unique arrangement in the NFL sees the New York Jets and New York Giants live together at the MetLife Stadium, while the Staples Center in Los Angeles is also home to both NBA rivals LA Lakers and LA Clippers.

Arsenal's largest shareholder Stan Kroenke - who owns a number of sports team in the US - is thought to have been surprisingly receptive to the plan, and was backed by chief executive Ivan Gazidis, formerly deputy commissioner of the MLS.

Spurs had previously missed out on landing the Olympic Stadium to West Ham following the 2012 Olympic Games in London, and are now set to link up with Arsenal at the Emirates in just over TWO years.

AC Milan and Inter both play at the San Siro [GETTY]

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/467974/EXCLUSIVE-Arsenal-and-Spurs-agree-to-STUNNING-Emirates-groundshare

*You may have guessed it already but this story is an April Fool. Express Sport can't see Arsenal and Spurs living together anytime soon!
 rofl 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:39 pm

That story was awful ^ lol

Will have Everton-Arsenal preview online tomorrow.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:07 am

Date of publication: April 1st.

Get off it ya media luvvies :facepalm:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:10 pm

Fans Q&A with Super Bobby on uefas page

-Which player do you admire the most in this present Arsenal squad?

Pirès: I like Cazorla because he's got great ability, technique and vision. Left foot, right foot - he's the complete player.

-what was ur best career goal

Pirès: In the Champions League with Arsenal against Roma because it was very important considering I was a new player.

-what do you think,who'll win the CL this season???

Pirès: I'm going for a Real Madrid v Paris final. I'm not sure who will win because I support Madrid but I'm French - a tough call!

-Who is ur idol?

Pirès: Firstly my dad, then Michel because he played for Real Madrid.

-Whats your favorite sport except football?

Pirès: I like to play tennis and sometimes basketball. I also like five-a-side but that's football again! The French game paddle is also good.

-Best memory of yours in the Champions League?

Pirès: When Jens Lehmann stopped Riquelme's penalty in the semi-finals against Villarreal. It was a great moment.

-who is your best friend in football?

Pirès: Wow, I don't have a best. I remain good friends with Vieira, Wiltord, Henry and Petit.

-Who is the best player you have played with and against and who do you think is the best player in the world at present?

Pirès: Best player I played against was Cristiano Ronaldo. You know why

-Which team did you feared facing the most in EPL???

Pirès: Man. United. They were always our title rivals and made it a difficult game, especially at Old Trafford. It was generally a good game and very intense!

-Who was the best player you ever played alongside?

Pirès: With the national team, Zidane and Djorkaeff. With Arsenal, Henry and Bergkamp. It's an easy question for me to answer!

***Would you consider taking up a role within Arsenal's coaching staff?

Pirès: My dream is to coach with Wenger, to watch and learn. Why not at Arsenal? I hope so! :wub:

-Which is your favourite goal from the many you scored in the North London Derby?

Pirès: Wow. I played 11 times against Spurs and scored eight goals. The derby was great. I enjoyed the atmosphere at Highbury and White Hart Lane. If I had to choose it would be the fifth goal when we won 5-4. The second in the 2-2 draw was another after we won the title.

-Greatest achievement?

Pirès: I have a lot with Arsenal and the national team. Perhaps it was the double and going 49 games unbeaten was very special. I have no words to describe that amazing season.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:19 pm

Great interview.

Arsenal Vs Wigan is sold out. That should be like a home game because we got 3 times more the tickets for it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Doing preview now  Very Happy 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:00 pm

Wigan rested 8 players tonight in their match.

Too bad for them we rested 11 against Everton
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:14 pm

Hope Aaron kill them single-handedly

Arsenal Lobby - Page 17 Tumblr_n1bounCO011tqfkibo2_400
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:49 pm

Apparently Ramsey and Kallstrom will start. Fabiasnki as well.

Fabianski

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

Ramsey - Kallstrom

Chamberlain - Rosicky - Podolski

Sanogo

Looks a lot more robust than usual hmm

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:04 am

I would love that line up man. Think Cazorla should still start despite being poor because he is the closest thing we have to creativity. Rosicky might be better as a sub.

Gnabry might be too much of a gamble for Arsene but won't mind him instead of Podolski.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:59 am

RealGunner wrote:Wigan rested 8 players tonight in their match.

Too bad for them we rested 11 against Everton
 rofl rofl 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:00 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Apparently Ramsey and Kallstrom will start. Fabiasnki as well.

Fabianski

Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs

Ramsey - Kallstrom

Chamberlain - Rosicky - Podolski

Sanogo

Looks a lot more robust than usual hmm

If this is the team, its going to be a long game for Wigan. Razz

Its funny, Wenger bought Kallstrom to replace Ramsey while injured and now both going to start their first game. :bow: 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:19 am

Koscielny will be back for Wigan? That's huge news!

If that's our team, I hope Podolski has a good game because he hasn't had one in ages Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:05 am

Arsene Wenger, Cesc Fabregas, the special player and why I let him go:
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/arsene-wenger/why-fabregas-special-player-why-had-let-him-061334029--sow.html
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:06 pm

I'm assuming Koscielny will be back. It's not actually confirmed yet.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next