MJ
FRANTIC
Chumlum
SamuelJayC
RealGunner
53 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Do you rate him highly Hapless?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:28 pm

I have to say honestly probably I'm not knowledgable enough to give you a trustworthy rating. I haven't watched Schalke games that often, and when they play us it looks like in my signature lol.

45m € does seem a bit much, but such are the prices today, I mean you payed 50m for Özil when Real got him for something like 17m lol.
In any case I don't think the money would be thrown away, as he's undoubtedly great, personally, I'd rate him maybe higher than Reus, but again,what do I know Very Happy. Anyway he's surely >>>>>> Podolski, if we're talking about a certain spot in your starting 11.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:41 pm

bottom line, if you can get him, get him, you've been tight-arsed about spending for long enough.
Draxler Özil Gnabry will be a hell of an attacking midfield.

but again, what I wonder is: where will that leave your legendary Ox kid?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:18 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:bottom line, if you can get him, get him, you've been tight-arsed about spending for long enough.
Draxler Özil Gnabry will be a hell of an attacking midfield.

but again, what I wonder is: where will that leave your legendary Ox kid?

I assume Ox will rotate with Gnabry and whoever is at LW since Ox is two footed.

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Thanks Hapless

@flick

Arsene sees Ox as a CM so basically he will play wherever he wants lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:57 pm

The futures of Chamberlain and Gnabry is another reason why I think Draxler is too much of a luxury signing. We've got two very talented players here who will eventually be the natural successors to some of the older players in the squad, but they'll need games to develop and adding another young player to the mix just makes that difficult.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:17 am

We can confirm that Arsenal have not had a €10m bid accepted for Paul Georges Ntep.

GFN_France
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:27 am

Surprise surprise
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:12 am

Probably some people have already seen this, but here's a clip of a recent Jackson Martinez goal.  Shocked 

https://vine.co/v/hLxdJMBmDHv
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:13 am

http://www.cadenaser.com/futbol/articulo/morata-quiere-salir-real-madrid-mercado-invierno/csrcsrpor/20140116csrcsrftb_4/Tes

Alvaro Morata has asked the club to leave in winter according to Cadena Ser but Real Madrid's answer was a clear NO.

The player has received offers from Arsenal, Töttenham, BVB, Schalke, Valencia and Villarreal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:29 am

Chumlum wrote:Probably some people have already seen this, but here's a clip of a recent Jackson Martinez goal.  Shocked 

omg

Arsene

pls

pls

Arsene
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:36 am

Chumlum wrote:Probably some people have already seen this, but here's a clip of a recent Jackson Martinez goal.  Shocked 

Dayum
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:02 am

The only real reason people have given for Draxler to consider not coming in January would be that he's cup-tied.

But Schalke drew Real Madrid, how likely would it be that they have more than two games left in Europe this season?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:49 am

MJGunner wrote:But Schalke drew Real Madrid, how likely would it be that they have more than two games left in Europe this season?
Schalke will have the Hunter back and Real have a very notorious record in Germany?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:18 am

MJGunner wrote:The only real reason people have given for Draxler to consider not coming in January would be that he's cup-tied.

But Schalke drew Real Madrid, how likely would it be that they have more than two games left in Europe this season?

well unlike Arsenal at least Schalke have a chance to get to the quarters.

also that's not the only reason, the other big one being there's a World Cup coming and it's a risk if Draxler doesn't hit the ground running in the Premier League.

not to mention his clause only kicks in in summer so Arsenal would have to reach an agreement with Schalke, and it won't be for less than the 45m€ clause...
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:24 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
MJGunner wrote:The only real reason people have given for Draxler to consider not coming in January would be that he's cup-tied.

well unlike Arsenal at least Schalke have a chance to get to the quarters.

Sick burn dude.  Wink 

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 22 Bayern-munich-last-20-games
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:16 am

@ Hans

His form hasn't been that impressive to warrant a place above or at the level of even Bayern Munichs midfield scrubs like Kroos, Gotze or Muller or BvBs Reus or our fantastic Özil. Plenty of Germans outperforming him as it is.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:45 am

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France wrote:Latest RE: Paul Georges Ntep. Player will not be signing for Rennes (Yonne Républicaine). AS Roma have made a €3.5m offer (Sky Italia)
do we share same scouts fgs lol. Clubber 
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Boss on speculation and January window
on being close to a deal for Draxler…
No.

on the rumour he had a look around the training ground…
That's like a non-identified flying object. Some see them everywhere.

on new contracts for Mertesacker and Sagna…

We are making good progress and hopefully we can announce something soon.

on being linked with Berbatov…

You should ask the question, do I rate Berbatov as player? Highly. Have we made any approach to sign Berbatov? No.

on whether he will sign Berbatov…
I don't think so because we have Bendtner who is coming back, we have Yaya Sanogo who is making very good progress in training. Of course we have lost Theo Walcott and that for us was a big blow but hopefully we can compensate. We have not made any approach.

on Mertesacker being curious about the transfer window…
I am curious as well, of course I'm curious, it's my nature. But the transfer period lasts until the 31st of January. Are we close to signing anybody? At the moment I would say no.

on whether he would scrap the transfer window...
Yes, you have my signature straight away.

on keeping the same squad for the entire season...

[Yes] and then you go to the end of it, that looks to me normal. It is like running a relay, then in the middle of the relay you change your runners.
If you have played a team twice before the transfer window, you can have an advantage compared to other teams.

on the reason for the January window...
It gives teams a chance who are already convicted, it gives some teams hope. But when I arrived in England, the window was open until April, the whole season and it was not a problem.

on why the window was changed...
To create that high intense activity, and suddenly in January everybody becomes nervous. Before it was the whole season and it did not create any problem. Either you scrap it completely, or you leave it open until as long as possible to the last four games.

on the transfer market…
It will not be very busy. The transfer market in January is a low-key transfer market. There is very reduced activity. There will be some of course, but in the last three days as always.

on the leadership qualities of Mertesacker...

I believe we see that, yes. It comes out, and certainly it was in him. He is more confident in his own game, he knows better his team-mates and he has developed himself as a player.

He has changed as a player. You compare the Mertesacker who arrived here and the stature he has today, he is a completely improved player because he puts total focus and commitment into every training session.

He is one of the players who maintains the level of urgency and focus inside the team and these are the leaders.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/boss-on-speculation-and-january-window
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:14 pm

MJGunner wrote:@ Hans

His form hasn't been that impressive to warrant a place above or at the level of even Bayern Munichs midfield scrubs like Kroos, Gotze or Muller or BvBs Reus or our fantastic Özil. Plenty of Germans outperforming him as it is.

yeah but they play different positions, Draxler is fighting mainly for the position that also Podolski, Reus, and Schürrle claim, and it's not sure Löw will take all four of them.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Marco Reus “I wish good luck to Lewandowski and Gotze but Bayern will never have me. Money is not everything.”

Welcome to Arsenal. Proud

Reports in France say Ntep refused to go to Rennes because of wages and that he is discussing with QPR. Laughing 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
MJGunner wrote:@ Hans

yeah but they play different positions, Draxler is fighting mainly for the position that also Podolski, Reus, and Schürrle claim, and it's not sure Löw will take all four of them.

I'm aware of that, I can't see Low taking Draxler over Reus and as a long time fan of the German NT, I notice that Podolski always finds his way back into the squad with just a little bit of playing time which I think he'll get for the rest of the season.

That leaves it down to Schurrle and Draxler if Low doesn't take all four so his spot is by no means safe with Schalke right now.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Marco Reus “I wish good luck to Lewandowski and Gotze but Bayern will never have me. Money is not everything.”

Reports in France say Ntep refused to go to Rennes because of wages and that he is discussing with QPR. Laughing 
Money whore Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Arsène Wenger compares Arsenal transfer speculation to UFOs – video.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2014/jan/17/arsene-wenger-arsenal-transfer-speculation-video?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

rofl 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:26 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

Money whore Laughing

You know why he is going to QPR right? he wants to be loaned out to Newcastle right after. pirat 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:33 pm

Fabrizio Romano @FabRomano21
Arsenal had a meeting today for #Vucinic: Juventus said no to loan, in next days Wenger will decide if make an offer for permanent deal #AFC

What you guys think?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next