Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL?

+37
McAgger
chemicalboy99
Robespierre
Le Samourai
El Chelsea Fuerte
El Jefe
futbol
Casciavit
urbaNRoots
DeletedUser#1
Red Alert
Gil
Motogp69
DuringTheWar
Ganso
Mr Nick09
MJ
Forza
Eman
Kamikaze692
FalcaoPunch
Donuts
free_cat
jibers
BarrileteCosmico
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VivaStPauli
LeBéninois
FennecFox7
Kick
Onyx
Valkyrja
M99
Mamad
RealGunner
ExtremistEnigma
3lite
41 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL?

Post by LeBéninois Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:40 pm

Fans are rationnal is an oxymoron.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL?

Post by 3lite Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:34 am

This guy is the best. Ramsey is getting most of the Arsenal love but if you understand the game and watch closely, try and notice the small details that lead to big things. Ozil just oozes class and creates so much space for his teammates. Sometimes he would make a simple pass but before that he has already dragged the defense way out of position and that will create space for the next player to make a play. Just his mere presence is opening up opportunities for the entire squad. Yes, Ramsey has improved and so have a lot of other Arsenal players, but the thing is they have always been this good it's just now they have more time, space, and opportunities. I do not think it is a coincidence that everyone is playing better ever since Ozil has arrived.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:38 am

Yaya toure anyone??? Not the best player in the league, but definitely in the top 3 for me.

Its amazing the things he can do, from playing as CB in clutch games, too scoring absolute pile-drivers and free kicks. Best bit of business by City eco smile
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:04 am

Still RvP for me, even if I am forever going to be butthurt by his move to Man Utd.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:14 am

He is certainly the most valuable player in the PL and I believe he is the best CAM in the world.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:01 am

No way, this isn't even his final form.

Most talented but he can play much better, the Özil we want to see game in and game out is the one from the 1st half vs Napoli.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:06 pm

what a sack of bollocks in this thread, my lord, what has Ozil done to be the best player in EPL? lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:12 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:what a sack of bollocks in this thread, my lord, what has Ozil done to be the best player in EPL? lmao
this
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:what a sack of bollocks in this thread, my lord, what has Ozil done to be the best player in EPL? lmao
By being better than RVP, Suarez and Aguero?

I'm not saying he's the best player based on his time in England btw..... because as good as he's been there has been better performers but what Ozil has done his career surpasses all of the PL.

If i asked you last season or the season before where would you rank Ozil compared to the rest of the PL? personally i'd have him above all.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Mole I don't think Oezil is better than Aguero anymore. Last season's Aguero, sure. Not this one.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:00 pm

Most talented in the Prem in my opinion (not short term form-based)

1. Özil/van Persie
2. Aguero
3. Toure
4. Suarez
5. Mata/Rooney

As Mole said, it's not about time spent here or his form so far here because that's extremely short lived. Pure talent, we're talking.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Toure isn't more talented than rooney mata or suarez
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
By being better than RVP, Suarez and Aguero?

I'm not saying he's the best player based on his time in England btw..... because as good as he's been there has been better performers but what Ozil has done his career surpasses all of the PL.

If i asked you last season or the season before where would you rank Ozil compared to the rest of the PL? personally i'd have him above all.
oh ok, so the best player currently player in EPL you mean? even then, i would like to hear you make the argument of why he is better than RVP because i aint seeing that at all. The RVP of the past 2 seasons? naaah. I could understand the argument against suarez and Aguero because both had like 1 good year out of the last 2, but even then, Ozil last season was not great.

This season in EPL, Aguero is clearly outplaying him tho, and he isnt even the best player of his team. He just got there tho, i have no doubt that at peak he will be up there.

@MJGunner, any most talented poll that doesnt include hazard in the top 5 is wrong lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:19 pm

I can agree with that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:33 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:Toure isn't more talented than rooney mata or suarez
He's complete. A powerhouse with intelligence and technique. Any top 5 is subjective so this is just my humble opinion but I rate him higher than them.

And @Mr Nick09 I don't see where Hazard fits he's not on the level of any of those players yet, I have 7 in that top 5 anyway Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:35 pm

are you rating players performance wise or talent wise? because it's clearly different. And yes, Talent wise Hazard is up there. That being said, Talent is the most elusive word in footy and means fck all, although we hold on to it as much as we can
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:56 am

Yeah are we talking talent or best player on current form?

If we're talking talent Ozil is certainly up there, and definitely one of my favorite players. However, to be fair, if we are talking best player on current form Ozil isn't even in the top 3 at his own club.

In terms of form and importance I would put Ramsey, Flamini, and Szczesny in front of him.

In terms of best on-form player in the Premier League I would probably go with Aguero, Ramsey, or Fonte.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:46 am

Like I said, I don't put Hazard up there yet, especially when I don't think he's as good as the other 7 yet. See where I'm going with this..yet?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:36 pm

You didnt answer our question, is this about talent? or performance level? because both are not the same
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:40 pm

Performance level is obviously a byproduct of talent. Not always necessarily so but with the 7 I listed it is. It's more talent-based and I'll repeat it in case you missed it the first dozen times, I don't consider Eden Hazard to be at the elite levels of Özil, RVP, Suarez, Toure, Rooney, Mata and Aguero.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:59 pm

If it's based on highest ceiling it's easily Hazard but he doesn't have the mentality of a truly great player. Not yet anyway.

Best player atm is Aguero based on talent. Performance level is Ramsey.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Sure, I don't argue that he could become a top 5 player, he's very very talented and has a very high ceiling.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:47 am

Not even the best player at Arsenal at the moment. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:16 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Ozil has been underwhelming so far? He has had 2 very good games (Sunderland n Norwich) and one excellent game (Napoli), but in rest of the games he's been outplayed by the rest of his own teammates.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:30 pm

That is because the rest (Giroud, Ramsey) have been quite amazing. He's still top of the assist table in the PL while playing less games. When we get our wingers back, players who make off the ball runs... that is when we'll see the best of him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:46 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Ozil has been underwhelming so far? He has had 2 very good games (Sunderland n Norwich) and one excellent game (Napoli), but in rest of the games he's been outplayed by the rest of his own teammates.
u wot m8? He's the best player in PL ffs. Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next