Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL?

+37
McAgger
chemicalboy99
Robespierre
Le Samourai
El Chelsea Fuerte
El Jefe
futbol
Casciavit
urbaNRoots
DeletedUser#1
Red Alert
Gil
Motogp69
DuringTheWar
Ganso
Mr Nick09
MJ
Forza
Eman
Kamikaze692
FalcaoPunch
Donuts
free_cat
jibers
BarrileteCosmico
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VivaStPauli
LeBéninois
FennecFox7
Kick
Onyx
Valkyrja
M99
Mamad
RealGunner
ExtremistEnigma
3lite
41 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL?

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:12 pm

He has as many assists this season as Pablo Zabaleta so you know he must be good.

chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL?

Post by Eman Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:20 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:He has as many assists this season as Pablo Zabaleta so you know he must be good.
Ozil leads the league in assists brah :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:14 pm

Talent wise yes Ozil is top 3 in the league. But performance wise he's not even the best at Arsenal.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:39 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:He has as many assists this season as Pablo Zabaleta so you know he must be good.

Actually Ozil has 7assits. Had Giroud finished his 1 million chances he would have had double that. Ozil is just getting started, just wait when Podolski and Walcott are back together.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:14 pm

This isn't even his final form, 5 goals and 9 assists is not too shabby at all.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:53 pm

Pablo has 5 and Ozil has 9 (league + CL), not sure where you got that from.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:10 pm

I came in to this thread expecting to read sheer nonsense and utter drivel

Chemicalboy did not disappoint
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Lets see if he can step up and take his game to the next level in this last stretch of the season. Arsenal certainly needs it seeing they probably won't boost the squad this transfer window.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:22 pm

Really disappointed about Theo because there was a goal-assist goldmine (goal-dmine!) there to be found in that partnership. His first match he linked up with Theo probably four or five times to fantastic effect, in the end they only played together 5 times and combined for 1 goal which Özil scored with his head ironically.

But I think he'll be fine, he's done pretty well without Theo anyway.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:23 am

He's not even in the top5 right now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 am

who are the top 5?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:44 am

1. Luis
2. Suarez
3. Louis
4. Suaris
5. Jordan Henderson

Naturally.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:57 am

Suarez
Hazard
Toure
Aguero
Ozil

Would be mine current top 5.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:12 am

gimme a break.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:13 am

Suarez
Aguero
Hazard
Yaya
Rooney/Ramsey

those are the top 5 going by this seasons form. So yes Ozil isn't in the top 5.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:16 am

Are we gonna do the thing where we debate talent and form again?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:47 am

MJGunner wrote:1. Luis
2. Suarez
3. Louis
4. Suaris
5. Jordan Henderson

Naturally.

Yeah lol.

Based on form as well as talent. Rooney would be there instead of Ramsey but i included Aaron as its not fair regardless of talent if he has 13 goals as a midfielder.

Suarez
Aguero
Hazard
Yaya Toure
Ramsey=Rooney

Zabaleta, Baines and Coleman could have made it too only on form.

Calma.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:57 am

Only on talent though he's in the top 3.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:07 am

Talent only takes you so far.

Rooney, RvP, Suarez, Aguero, Yaya, Hazard and many more are on the same level as talent and are out-performing him right now.

I don't know if that's down to him coming to a new league, but he's definitely not the best player in the league. He's been here for 6 months ffs. Calma.

I mean, Ramsey's out performing this season (well before his injury). So he's not even been the best player at Arsenal. How's he the best in the league?

That's not to say he's not a quality player, he's definitely world class, but no need to hype him up to someone he's not right now.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:10 am

Ramsey and Hazard Top 5 lol.

Come and tell me when both those players have a few more such seasons like the current one under their belt.Maybe then ,we can debate on whether they are Top 5 or not.Its just silly when people brush off players' performances of other leagues especially when the player has managed to be a huge success in one of the best leagues in the world and been a key player for Madrid in the process.Oezil has been world class for quite a while now and a key player for his national team too.Hazard and Ramsey dont carry the same pedigree as Oezil at the moment to be rated as high as him.

Mesut Oezil is easily a Top 5 player in the PL atleast.Its not even debatable.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:02 pm

I'm just gonna make sure I read what you two are saying correctly. Mesut Özil isn't better than Aaron Ramsey. Coming from a fervent Ramsey supporter, you just said he's a better player than Mesut Özil.

There's a very big difference between form and talent, if you play like Ramsey has been for a matter of seasons, not months, then we can talk about talent. Never thought I'd see the day.  Shocked 
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:16 pm

Maybe you should read correctly.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:36 pm

I did.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:13 pm

No you're not.

You're claiming I've stated Ramsey is superior to Ozil; I never said that. I said he's having a better season. There's a difference. You can't automatically be the best player in the league because of hype.

Ozil has been in the league for 7 months now. He's not even been the best player at Arsenal in those 7 months. So how can you state he's the best in the league?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Red Alert wrote:
I mean, Ramsey's out performing this season (well before his injury). So he's not even been the best player at Arsenal. How's he the best in the league?

This pretty clearly indicates that you're suggesting Ramsey is better than Özil.

I don't think the point of this thread is to ask that in his extremely short time in the PL, has he proven through form that he's the best. Because that's a definite no, he's still adjusting as any player would be after just joining. It's like if Messi joined the Premier League, by default he'd be the most talented player in the Premier League, not because of his form but because of his achievements and level of play throughout his entire career.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:23 pm

MJGunner wrote:I'm just gonna make sure I read what you two are saying correctly. Mesut Özil isn't better than Aaron Ramsey. Coming from a fervent Ramsey supporter, you just said he's a better player than Mesut Özil.

There's a very big difference between form and talent, if you play like Ramsey has been for a matter of seasons, not months, then we can talk about talent. Never thought I'd see the day.  Shocked 

You didnt read it properly.

First list was based on both form and "talent" for this season.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next