Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL?

+37
McAgger
chemicalboy99
Robespierre
Le Samourai
El Chelsea Fuerte
El Jefe
futbol
Casciavit
urbaNRoots
DeletedUser#1
Red Alert
Gil
Motogp69
DuringTheWar
Ganso
Mr Nick09
MJ
Forza
Eman
Kamikaze692
FalcaoPunch
Donuts
free_cat
jibers
BarrileteCosmico
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VivaStPauli
LeBéninois
FennecFox7
Kick
Onyx
Valkyrja
M99
Mamad
RealGunner
ExtremistEnigma
3lite
41 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL?

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:23 am

MJGunner wrote:I'm just gonna make sure I read what you two are saying correctly. Mesut Özil isn't better than Aaron Ramsey. Coming from a fervent Ramsey supporter, you just said he's a better player than Mesut Özil.

There's a very big difference between form and talent, if you play like Ramsey has been for a matter of seasons, not months, then we can talk about talent. Never thought I'd see the day.  Shocked 

You didnt read it properly.

First list was based on both form and "talent" for this season.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL? - Page 5 Empty Re: Is Mesut Ozil the best player in the PL?

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:25 am

Red Alert wrote:No you're not.

You're claiming I've stated Ramsey is superior to Ozil; I never said that. I said he's having a better season. There's a difference. You can't automatically be the best player in the league because of hype.

Ozil has been in the league for 7 months now. He's not even been the best player at Arsenal in those 7 months. So how can you state he's the best in the league?

We signed Ozil in June ? scratch
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:09 pm

You very rarely have more talent one season than you do the next, not a substantial difference. Talent is over a matter of seasons and Özil has only been here for four months, I've been kind of embarrassed to correct you because I thought that was just a bad typo  hmm 
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Red Alert wrote:No you're not.

You're claiming I've stated Ramsey is superior to Ozil; I never said that. I said he's having a better season. There's a difference. You can't automatically be the best player in the league because of hype.

Ozil has been in the league for 7 months now. He's not even been the best player at Arsenal in those 7 months. So how can you state he's the best in the league?

We signed Ozil in June ? scratch

End of August, apologies.

Again, not denying his class, I just can't claim him as the best player in the league just because he's played for Madrid. He's done well at Arsenal, but he hasn't exactly done anything to warrant him as the best in the PL. Not when Aguero, Suarez, Rooney and Yaya have out performed him and they're all in the same tier of talent. Maybe you could add David Silva too...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:55 am

€ 50 million. Laughing Someone bought the Mehdrid fan hype. Laughing

Chelsea, City, Yanited, Napoli, Dortmund. Did he even play those games? Got 2 assists against Cardiff though. 60 minute Mesut. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:12 am

He got a goal and assist vs Napoli, no one showed up vs United, no one did anything vs Chelsea on both sides, he got an assist vs City and and was very good against Dortmund creating the chance that led to Ramsey's goal.

Maybe you should know your stuff first.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:33 am

MJGunner wrote:You very rarely have more talent one season than you do the next, not a substantial difference. Talent is over a matter of seasons and Özil has only been here for four months, I've been kind of embarrassed to correct you because I thought that was just a bad typo  hmm 

You're going the wrong way, We ( At least I if this reply was for me) dont give a shit about other seasons.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:37 am

Then this thread is "Who is the most in-form player this season" and that's obviously not Özil.

The way the question is asked seems to indicate talent because if I were to have been asked that two months ago I wouldn't have said Ramsey just because he was in godly form, I would have to think about who had been consistently performing at a very high level for at least a season or two, not four months.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:17 pm

The joy of "who is the best" threads, they never die before they become ironic :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lite Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:03 am

World class again after the FA match.

3lite
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:52 pm

3lite wrote:World class again after the FA match.
wat Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:23 pm

Lol at this thread

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5