Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:56 pm

rwo power wrote:Oops. Looks what happens when I'm installing a new kernel, watch the Friday BL match and look at the chat, too. My apologies ^^

But still I'd like to see at least Manuel Neuer and Roman Weidenfeller in the Ballon d'Or shortlist ^^
Just Neuer, RWO. He's a champ. Thumbs up

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:02 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:Don't talk about comparing a Napoli that without a doubt did not have a squad as complete as this current Barcelona and their only standout was Maradona that helped lift that team.

You're clueless in comparing Maradona and his Napoli and Messi and his Barcelona.
:facepalm:I didn't compare Barcelona and Napoli, I compared the relation between Messi/Barca and Maradona/Napoli.
The relations of carrying a team, yes I get it.
Now think for a sec as to which team was heavier.
What? Messi and Maradona was just as influential, individually in relation to the team. Most Barca players were god awful, when most Napoli players played great, in their standards. Only Iniesta gets good review from last season, and I think he was still below example Careca and Carnevale in influence.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:07 pm

Wasn't Barca the best team of all time ? Now we are comparing Messi's season in which he was injured for a few matches, owned by Ronaldo everytime they faced each other and got trashed by Bayern 7-0 to Maradona in Napoli ? A team with the best midfielders of all time, one of the best RB's of all time(according to some Barca fans), the second coming of Beckenbauer in defense is reliant on one player ?

Ronaldo deserves to win it.

btw, saying Ronaldo shouldn't be in the first 3 :facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Harmonica wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:Why in hell would messi deserve to win this year?
Carried Barcelona to league, Maradona Napoli style. Scored 21 league games straight, expressing never seen consistency and efficiency. Showed unlimited individualism when he came and lifted Barcelona to CL-semis, still being unfit. All these are beyond anything what Cronaldo, or Ribery did to showcase their craft.
So what you're saying is that Barcelona is a one-man team?
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:58 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:It's the best individual player, doesn't matter about what the team did.

Scoring 55 goals makes him a contender. Messi won it in 2011-12 when Barca won no major trophy.
Team achievement has ALWAYS mattered, especially when there are 2 or 3 players that performed very similarly. The only times team achievement don't matter is when an individual player's performance was too good to ignore. Like Messi scoring 91 in a year. Only thing that can top that is if you won 2 world cups in the same year Laughing

But on this, Ribery definitely has a better shot than Ronaldo and this is coming from someone whose favorite player is Ronaldo.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:11 pm

1. Messi
2. Ribery
3. Iniesta
4. Xavi
5. Neymar
6. Ronaldo
7. Robben

Pure individual brilliance. Not sure about 6/7 - could switch any game.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:19 pm

Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta over Ronaldo? Pls go.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:20 pm

silver wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
FalcaoPunch wrote:Why in hell would messi deserve to win this year?
Carried Barcelona to league, Maradona Napoli style. Scored 21 league games straight, expressing never seen consistency and efficiency. Showed unlimited individualism when he came and lifted Barcelona to CL-semis, still being unfit. All these are beyond anything what Cronaldo, or Ribery did to showcase their craft.
So what you're saying is that Barcelona is a one-man team?
Last season, in the sense that can be in a team game.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:50 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta over Ronaldo? Pls go.
Ballon d'Or is a PERSONAL voting system. I am not going anywhere. Didnt Casillas vote Ramos over Ronaldo last year?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:10 am

Everyone who doesn't have Ronaldo and Messi in their top 2 is out of his mind. These 2 are far ahead of any footballer

btw : what the hell are Xavi and Iniesta doing there ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:36 am

The definition of 'the top 3 players'  in the world is different for everybody. One might find vision and passing much more important then off the ball movement and scoring, hence why there is a voting system, so everybody gets their say in the final results. Even if you would look at only statistics, its still a open discussion. You have goals + assists, but what leads to a assist? Was that also a contribution to the goal? There is no right or wrong in these discussion, only opinions and other views on what players need to be the 'best'.

For somebody who is a fan of players with high futbol intelligence and vision perhaps Pirlo or Xavi is the best player in the world. For someone like rwo- a goalkeeper is the best player in the world. Someone who likes dribbles and vision, Messi is the best player in the world. And another one would say Ronaldo is the best in the world because he scores from ridiculous ranges like no other. Messi doesn't have Pirlo's vision, Pirlo doesn't have Messi dribbling abilities, both dont have Ronaldo's long range shooting and vice versa. How can you decide for the whole wide world who is the better player? You cant, only your opinion on what makes someone the best can decide.

So, for me personally, i enjoy vision combined with high intelligence passes, dribbling skills and finishing. Again, for me (!!) Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ribery and Neymar have these abilities more then Ronaldo and Robben. On other aspects, like finishing; headers; freekicks, Ronaldo and Robben might stand out more against earlier named players, but I dont take that in consideration because that is not what I look for in a player. The number 1 player in the world for me is the one who combines and balances all these factors from week to week matches, and for me that is Messi.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:45 am

Collblanc wrote:The definition of 'the top 3 players'  in the world is different for everybody. One might find vision and passing much more important then off the ball movement and scoring, hence why there is a voting system, so everybody gets their say in the final results. Even if you would look at only statistics, its still a open discussion. You have goals + assists, but what leads to a assist? Was that also a contribution to the goal? There is no right or wrong in these discussion, only opinions and other views on what players need to be the 'best'.

For somebody who is a fan of players with high futbol intelligence and vision perhaps Pirlo or Xavi is the best player in the world. For someone like rwo- a goalkeeper is the best player in the world. Someone who likes dribbles and vision, Messi is the best player in the world. And another one would say Ronaldo is the best in the world because he scores from ridiculous ranges like no other. Messi doesn't have Pirlo's vision, Pirlo doesn't have Messi dribbling abilities, both dont have Ronaldo's long range shooting and vice versa. How can you decide for the whole wide world who is the better player? You cant, only your opinion on what makes someone the best can decide.

So, for me personally, i enjoy vision combined with high intelligence passes, dribbling skills and finishing. Again, for me (!!) Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ribery and Neymar have these abilities more then Ronaldo and Robben. On other aspects, like finishing; headers; freekicks, Ronaldo and Robben might stand out more against earlier named players, but I dont take that in consideration because that is not what I look for in a player. The number 1 player in the world for me is the one who combines and balances all these factors from week to week matches, and for me that is Messi.
This.Thumbs up 
Great post mate.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:59 am

Valkyrja wrote:Wasn't Barca the best team of all time ? Now we are comparing Messi's season in which he was injured for a few matches, owned by Ronaldo everytime they faced each other and got trashed by Bayern 7-0 to Maradona in Napoli ? A team with the best midfielders of all time, one of the best RB's of all time(according to some Barca fans), the second coming of Beckenbauer in defense is reliant on one player ?

Please, tell me what Ronaldo did to deserve a Ballon Dor or even being in the Top 3. Hes the big star in Madrid. Hes the one they look to when all else fails. Yet he and Madrid didnt win sh*t besides a feweaningless matches against Barcelona.

He scored 55 goals? Good for him. Robben scored one goal alone that more important than all of those combined, considering Robbens one goal won Bayern the Champions League, whereas Ronaldos 55 goals didnt even Madrid La Liga.

Ronaldo is seriously the most overrated player, im so sick of hearing how good he supposedly is because he simply isnt. Hes a top player and an elite goalscorer, but he shouldnt even be close to the ballon dor. Whens the last time Ronaldo actually dribbled more than one defender, or made a defense splitting pass? Cuz its certainly not often, and definitely not as often as Messi or Ribery or even Robben last season (despite Robben playing only half the season). Oh good, he can shoot the ball at 100 mph.

The Top 3 is hard to make. The Top 4 should be Ribery, Messi, Robben, and Schweinsteiger.

Also who cares that Robben only played about half the season. He was arguably Bayerns best player in the 5 CL games he did play against Juventus, Barcelona, and Dortmund, 3 elite teams. He was also excellent in the Bundesliga. So he fell out of the coaches favor early on, doesnt mean anything because when he got his chance he shined. And now simce he performed so well he has stayed in the starting XI for this season even with thr arrival of Gotze as well.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:47 am

1. Ribery
2. Messi

or

1. Messi
2. Ribery

rest can just gtfo
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:04 am

1. Ribery
2. Messi
3. Ronaldo
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:34 pm

How the FUK isnt Xavi on this list OMGGGGGGGGG?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:09 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:How the FUK isnt Xavi on this list OMGGGGGGGGG?
Because he was fairly awful last season.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:31 pm

ioilersrock448 wrote:
juventus101 wrote:What has Ronaldo done to deserve even being in the conversation about winning it. He should obviously make the shortlist but shouldnt even be close to winning it. The shortlist is hard to make, but I think the Top 3 should be Ribery, Messi, and Schweinsteiger. Robben should also put up a fight to be in the top 3 and would also be ahead of Ronaldo.
It would be a shame if Robben made the top 3, he didn't play a good portion of the season. However, the shortlist and top three will not matter as once again Messi will win the award.
The award is for the calendar year and Robben played about 3000 minutes for club&country in 2013 so far which is more or less the same time Messi played.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Ronaldo should win it.. because he scored less goals then Messi and won....nothing...Also secured his Portugal side to the world cu...oh wait he didn't.

...GL Logic at it's best.

Also at above.. Robben should be top three despite playing bad half the season??
so only one portion of the season mattered? if that's the case Falcao. should win it.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:28 pm

Ribery should win.

/thread
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:36 pm

juventus101 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Wasn't Barca the best team of all time ? Now we are comparing Messi's season in which he was injured for a few matches, owned by Ronaldo everytime they faced each other and got trashed by Bayern 7-0 to Maradona in Napoli ? A team with the best midfielders of all time, one of the best RB's of all time(according to some Barca fans), the second coming of Beckenbauer in defense is reliant on one player ?

Please, tell me what Ronaldo did to deserve a Ballon Dor or even being in the Top 3. Hes the big star in Madrid. Hes the one they look to when all else fails. Yet he and Madrid didnt win sh*t besides a feweaningless matches against Barcelona.

He scored 55 goals? Good for him. Robben scored one goal alone that more important than all of those combined, considering Robbens one goal won Bayern the Champions League, whereas Ronaldos 55 goals didnt even Madrid La Liga.

Ronaldo is seriously the most overrated player, im so sick of hearing how good he supposedly is because he simply isnt. Hes a top player and an elite goalscorer, but he shouldnt even be close to the ballon dor. Whens the last time Ronaldo actually dribbled more than one defender, or made a defense splitting pass? Cuz its certainly not often, and definitely not as often as Messi or Ribery or even Robben last season (despite Robben playing only half the season).  Oh good, he can shoot the ball at 100 mph.

The Top 3 is hard to make. The Top 4 should be Ribery, Messi, Robben, and Schweinsteiger.

Also who cares that Robben only played about half the season. He was arguably Bayerns best player in the 5 CL games he did play against Juventus, Barcelona, and Dortmund, 3 elite teams. He was also excellent in the Bundesliga. So he fell out of the coaches favor early on, doesnt mean anything because when he got his chance he shined. And now simce he performed so well he has stayed in the starting XI for this season even with thr arrival of Gotze as well.
Ok. and when you woke up it was morning.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Harmonica wrote:
I dont agree with that. Maybe previous seasons hes set the bar so high ppl just expect so much. This season at least hes been right back up there I think. So many games hes proved decisive and key especially coming on as a sub in recent times he made Barca look much better, still the maestro for me, and he has to be in such lists....

Anyway, I guess we all know these lists are all not fair at the time.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Donuts wrote:Ronaldo should win it.. because he scored less goals then Messi and won....nothing...Also secured his Portugal side to the world cu...oh wait he didn't.

...GL Logic at it's best.

Also at above.. Robben should be top three despite playing bad half the season??
so only one portion of the season mattered? if that's the case Falcao. should win it.
I didn't even say he should be top three (though I do think so).
But I tell you once again. Ballon d'or is awarded for the calendar year 2013 so why should I care if he was injured in 2012? I don't like the system and think it should be for a season instead but it isn't. It's for 2013 and in 2013 Robben played about as much as Messi.
And when did Robben play bad half a season?

Btw in 2013 Messi scored less goals than Ronaldo.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:23 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
I dont agree with that. Maybe previous seasons hes set the bar so high ppl just expect so much. This season at least hes been right back up there I think. So many games hes proved decisive and key especially coming on as a sub in recent times he made Barca look much better, still the maestro for me, and he has to be in such lists....

Anyway, I guess we all know these lists are all not fair at the time.
You just answered your own question mate.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Some people care more about this award more than they do their own family lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:50 pm

When did Robben play bad? The first half of the season when he got chances he still played very well, but Heynkes favored Kroos and Muller. Then Kroos got injured and Robben was arguably Bayerns best player and the best player in the whole CL in the CL Quarters, Semis, and Final.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next