McAgger
Juveman17
dmize
The Franchise
izzy
22 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Derrick Rose has yet to hit a 3 off the dribble (0-12), all 6 of his makes are catch and shoot ( 46.2 %)

He is also shooting 9.7% on pull jumpers, worst in the league among players who average more than two pull-ups a game.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Yet as soon as i trade him watch those numbers sky rocket.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:So many people already writing off the Heat and jumping on the Pacers bandwagon..

Proud
Well its not that surprising is it? Pacers took them to 7 games last year and will have learnt a lot from that experience and it looks like they have by how they started the season.

Plus what is Miami's major weakness? Size and what do the Pacers have? size and lots of it.

On top of that there's a reason so few teams 3peat..... it has a lot of impact on the legs and wear and tear on your top players....

Even the Bulls in 98 basically limped across the line and there's many more examples of that.
Before Derrick Rose got injured (2010-2011), the Bulls were the best regular season team in the East.. They swept the regular season series against Miami, dominating them with their front court, but ended up getting hammered in the Western Conference Finals.. The Heat turn it up in the playoffs when facing adversity (well ever since the 2011 Finals)

It might have went to Game 7 last year but they pulled it out none the less.. The Heat have also gotten better, it doesn't look like it now because of their record but they could easily be 5-2 which isn't bad..

Norris Cole has gotten better, Birdman is more integrated into the team now, Roger Mason can stretch the floor even more for them, and Beasley scored 10 points in like 8 minutes the other night.. Then there is Oden, we just need him for that one series Laughing

Oh, and we have the best player since Michael Jordan.... They should still be the favorites

The Franchise wrote:Derrick Rose has yet to hit a 3 off the dribble (0-12), all 6 of his makes are catch and shoot ( 46.2 %)

He is also shooting 9.7% on pull jumpers, worst in the league among players who average more than two pull-ups a game.

This made me LOL
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Can I say it for you Mole? Oh feck it, ill say it anyway.

Lebron is not the best since Jordan, Beasley and Mason wont see the light of day vs the Pacers and who knows if Oden will still be playing basketball by then.

And Oden in college couldnt contain a out of shape Hibbert...this Hibbert has grown by leaps and bounds since then, Oden has lost a ton.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:40 pm

They should be the favorites sure but there has never been a team in the east that has threatened the heat like the pacers do now. Brining up the bulls as a way to write it off I don't think works.. As you said the heat hammered them in the playoffs.. But the heat have struggled against the pacers every single time they've met them post season. This time should be even more difficult than last year for them
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Mate you have no answer to Hibbert.... and quite frankly the majority of the Pacers team is going to cause a problem just due to their size. Your reigning champs so obviously you are favourites but you have to be pretty oblivious to not see the genuine threat that the Pacers pose.

Anyway there's a long way to go yet and no point even discussing the conference finals at the moment.

Laughing Dani i'm not even going to go there, go ahead lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:Can I say it for you Mole? Oh feck it, ill say it anyway.

Lebron is not the best since Jordan, Beasley and Mason wont see the light of day vs the Pacers and who knows if Oden will still be playing basketball by then.

And Oden in college couldnt contain a out of shape Hibbert...this Hibbert has grown by leaps and bounds since then, Oden has lost a ton.
Why won't Beasley or Mason play? They can put the ball in the net.. Mason is small but Beasley is pretty big, can at least put a body on Granger, Stephenson or George..

Oden was the best big man in college if I remember correctly.. He was praised for his rebounding and defense so I don't see how he won't be able to contribute in those areas, IF he's healthy of course..

I have the most hope for Beasley, hope he can chip in 15 pts a night in the playoffs and help out if D-Wade or LeBron are struggling..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:25 pm

Thing is Oden isn't that guy anymore.... he's hardly played since 2009 i don't have any confidence on him being healthy at all this season.

But even if he was, it doesn't really cancel out the size advantage the Pacers have across the floor.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:00 am

We still have the better perimeter play soooooooo.................
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:15 am

Sources: NBA, Silnas negotiate
Updated: November 11, 2013, 3:13 PM ET
By Chris Broussard | ESPN.com

The NBA is engaged in settlement talks with Ozzie and Daniel Silna to end a contract that has long been described as "the greatest sports business deal of all time," according to sources close to the situation.

No agreement has been reached, but talks are ongoing.

The Silna brothers are the former owners of an old ABA franchise known as the Spirits of St. Louis. When the ABA merged with the NBA in 1976, the Silnas agreed to dissolve their team in exchange for a small percentage of the NBA's future broadcast revenue.

At the time, it seemed like an irrelevant concession by the league. But it's become a financial windfall for the Silnas. They receive 1/7 of the television revenues of the four ABA teams that were absorbed: the Spurs, Nuggets, Nets and Pacers. The NBA currently has $7.4 billion in TV contracts with ABC/ESPN and TNT.

The kicker in the Silnas' deal is that it goes on in perpetuity.

Last season, the Silnas, who bought the Carolina Cougars for $1 million in 1973 before moving the club to St. Louis, received a reported $19 million from the NBA.

Since the deal was reached in 1976, the league has paid the Silnas $300 million in TV royalties. Recently, a judge ruled that the brothers also have rights to Internet revenue.

Because the Silnas' cut diminishes the dividends of the NBA's 30 team owners, the league has long sought to settle the contract.
-----------------------------------------

Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:17 am

Laughing

I suppose we can do this all night tbh..... lets leave it till the playoffs come around Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:04 am

Good first game.. Randle went into beast mode in the second half.. Kentucky's poor free throw shooting and turnovers was the difference
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:05 am

Randle had a rough time with Payne as I expected in the 1st half 1-5 5 TOs. But then Payne got in foul trouble and theres no one else that can stop him he went off. He's a monster inside.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:08 am

dmize wrote:
Jabari Parker = Melo with basketball IQ and an all around game
This dude is an absolute monster. Impact player from day 1 no doubt about it. He's got 23 and 7 against Kansas games not even over. Was 4-5 from 3 in the 1st half.

I've switched my bandwagon allegiance to Parker :coffee:

But any of the top 3 lotto teams are getting franchise players.

Don't care if Boston ends up with Parker, Wiggins or Randle but I hope we get one.

Even if we got Joel Embiid I wouldn't be mad. Kid has loads of potential
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:54 am

That was a great game, Wiggins being in foul trouble early killed the vibe of the showdown for a bit.. Jabari was great, but that step back jumper by Wiggins and and 1 dunk back to back killed off the game

Wiggins is ahead of Parker for me, you can't teach that kind of athleticism, and 22 and 8 while being in foul trouble? Not bad at all

All three of the big freshman did their thing though, they're the real deal
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:39 am

How exactly is Wiggins ahead of Parker? Parker has a deadly jumpshot, can initiate offense, pass better.

The knock on Parker coming in was that he wasn't too athletic, but he's proven he has above average athleticism as well.

Wiggins has the higher ceiling though so if it's close near the end he's still going #1.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:05 am

Athleticism, defensive potential and like you said higher ceiling in general.. I meant ahead for the draft, Parker is more polished right now

Wiggins ended the game in a span of 30 seconds lol

Dunk of the year btw:

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:07 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Can I say it for you Mole? Oh feck it, ill say it anyway.

Why won't Beasley or Mason play? They can put the ball in the net.. Mason is small but Beasley is pretty big, can at least put a body on Granger, Stephenson or George..

Oden was the best big man in college if I remember correctly.. He was praised for his rebounding and defense so I don't see how he won't be able to contribute in those areas, IF he's healthy of course..

I have the most hope for Beasley, hope he can chip in 15 pts a night in the playoffs and help out if D-Wade or LeBron are struggling..
Beasley wont play because he cant guard anyone the Pacers have at the 3 or 4 (Scola, West, George and possible Granger) plus every shot against the Pacers will be important because of their defence. Will Spo risk using 6,8 or 10 of them on Beasley with no idea of which Beasley shows up? Maybe if they are desperate, but otherwise I think no. I dont rule out him getting off the bench in the series, but I highly doubt it and nearly only if you are in trouble (foul, way down on the score).

Mason wont play because well...why? He doesnt spread the floor any better than Mike Miller and he barely played. Wade, Battier, Lebron will be taking up 90% of the SF minutes anyway, at least. And even if he did play, would he really be an improvement on Miller last season? I am going with no.

Oden was the best big man, he was a monster. But against Hibbert, he had no answer for him. He had 19 on 9-13 shooting and had Oden in foul trouble. And again, that Hibbert was out of shape and winded easily. This Hibbert will play 40 minutes.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:15 pm

Mason is insurance and Oden should help them if fit, but Beasley was a just for the sake of it.

I actually like Beasley, I think he has a really nice Iso game in some really interesting spots, particularly high/low post when he's feeling it....but he's not going to get to do that. He doesn't catch and release well at all either.

Most of all he's head case, not in a disruptive sense, but in the sense that he can be really terrible for the team things don't go his way.

@Freeza, I'm rooting for us to miss the play-offs, but it depends on when Kobe comes back, he probably thinks he can win a chip with these scrubs. To be honest they look good at times, we have the athleticism we lacked last year and the offence is smoother. Assuming Pau improves I think this team without Kobe might win a decent amount of games.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Beasley dropped 19 PTS in 19 min last night.. He wasn't just brought in for the sake of it, he's just being integrated slowly

Just wait for LeBron at the point, with Wade and Beasley on the perimeter Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:28 pm

Against the f*cking Bucks Laughing

Calma pls :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Against the f*cking Bucks Laughing

Mole who is your team in NBA?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:41 pm

I still haven't decided.... when i was kid it was the Bulls ( for obvious gloryhunting reasons) but since i started watching again last year i haven't really picked one.

5 or 6 i like but haven't narrowed that down to one yet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Against the f*cking Bucks Laughing

You mad bro?
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I still haven't decided.... when i was kid it was the Bulls ( for obvious gloryhunting reasons) but since i started watching again last year i haven't really picked one.

5 or 6 i like but haven't narrowed that down to one yet.
I think that's the best way to enjoy it. Raptors and OKC are the teams I like, so I dont get disappointed that often. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:09 pm

I don't get anywhere near as stressed out that's for sure Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next