Hawky
flameas
BarrileteCosmico
Valkyrja
juventus101
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best central midfield in the world? Empty Best central midfield in the world?

Post by juventus101 Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:32 pm

At this point, with Xavi and Pirlo both declining, Madrid and Bayern bringing in some new signings, etc, which team has the strongest midfield?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Best central midfield in the world? Empty Re: Best central midfield in the world?

Post by Valkyrja Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:37 pm

It's between Barca, Bayern, Arsenal(if they keep this form) and Juve.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Best central midfield in the world? Empty Re: Best central midfield in the world?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:42 pm

What are Madrid doing being mentioned in a thread about best midfields? Laughing Laughing

Still Barca. Only Bayern and Juve get close but with Lahm playing holding midfielder I don't see how they can take this one and Juve's is player for player worse than Barca's.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:49 pm

If in top form its DDR. The best all-round midfielder.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:14 pm

It's between Barca, Bayern and Juventus clearly. Not sure which one I would pick, I think it depends on the style that you want your team to play in.
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:43 pm

I think I have to be honest and say Bayern right now.

Iniesta is the best individual midfielder and Busquets is no lower than third to me, but I think Bayern have the edge right now.

With the ball, nobody is better than Barca's. Period.

But Bayern I think are better without it and close enough with the ball. I need to see what Pep does with Martinez though, without him I think they lack the physicality which makes them different in that area.

For me, Juventus lack creativity in comparison to these two and I have no idea why Madrid are even mentioned, their midfield has held them back for years.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:02 am

Ramsey
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:37 am

The Franchise wrote:I think I have to be honest and say Bayern right now.

Iniesta is the best individual midfielder and Busquets is no lower than third to me, but I think Bayern have the edge right now.

With the ball, nobody is better than Barca's. Period.

But Bayern I think are better without it and close enough with the ball. I need to see what Pep does with Martinez though, without him I think they lack the physicality which makes them different in that area.

For me, Juventus lack creativity in comparison to these two and I have no idea why Madrid are even mentioned, their midfield has held them back for years.
I would agree with this, Bayern a just top class in everything right now.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:00 am

Yep, Buyern. Lahm - Schweini - Kroos :bow::bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:39 pm

Bayern really. Followed by Barca. Then there are some midfields on similar level.

I'd say our midfield is up there too along with Roma's.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:43 pm

Ramsey, Wilshere and Oezil.

All young and promising.

Right now is Bayern followed by Joe Allen lol

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Modric and Isco have potential.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:18 pm

Modric doesnt, what you see is what he is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:20 pm

Yeh not individually, but as a duo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:23 pm

I agree. But I dont think Madrid will be in the conversation untill they solve the "other" guy. Be it Khedira, Casemiro, Illa, whoever.

And even then, they gotta work together like your saying.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aant123 Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:41 am

Not sure what Juve, Madrid and Arsenal are doing in this list. imo it's either Bayern or Barca depending on whether you prefer the short-passing and creativity of Barca or the physicality and all-round game of Bayern. Assuming Pep drops the Lahm as DM experiment once Martinez is fit and goes with Martinez-Kroos-Schweini, i'd go with Bayern. Ridiculous depth too.

aant123
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Lahm, Martinez, Kroos and Schweinsteiger in the central mid. It's Bayern and it's not close.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:01 pm

ioilersrock448 wrote:Lahm, Martinez, Kroos and Schweinsteiger in the central mid. It's Bayern and it's not close.
If it is Bayern it is close. I haven't seen anything from Bayern's midfield that would suggest they would dominate Barca's midfield. Even in the 7-0 Barca's midfield still had control of the game, even if they were thoroughly out-muscled. Now that Barca and Bayern play under similar systems it would be interesting to see them match up. I haven't seen much of Lahm as a DM so I can't comment on that, but Iniesta is miles better than Kroos and Xavi and Schweini are on similar levels. I think if Bayern and Barca met today the difference between midfields would not be as large as you suggest.

So to recap
Tier 1: Barca, Bayern
Tier 2: Juve, Roma, Arsenal
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:08 pm

The "and its not close" is always a lump of crap, I dunno why people insist on using it. I get it for exaggeration purposes, but this aint the thread for it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:48 pm

It wasn't Bayern's midfield that dominated Barca anyway it was their wings.

Lahm/Robben and Alaba/Ribery is what ripped them apart.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:54 pm

For me it's Roma's midfield >> Barca/Bayern. Absolutely f*ckin brilliantly balanced. Pace, power, work-rate, technique, composure, mobility, versatility, intelligence, etc, etc.

They'd be one of the best teams in the world if they had a world class forward (someone who could win games all by himself), better fullbacks, maybe another CB and GK. A younger Totti would've been that forward but he isn't anymore. Pity.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:11 pm

McAgger wrote:For me it's Roma's midfield >> Barca/Bayern. Absolutely f*ckin brilliantly balanced. Pace, power, work-rate, technique, composure, mobility, versatility, intelligence, etc, etc.

They'd be one of the best teams in the world if they had a world class forward (someone who could win games all by himself), better fullbacks, maybe another CB and GK. A younger Totti would've been that forward but he isn't anymore. Pity.
Calm down.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
ioilersrock448 wrote:Lahm, Martinez, Kroos and Schweinsteiger in the central mid. It's Bayern and it's not close.
If it is Bayern it is close. I haven't seen anything from Bayern's midfield that would suggest they would dominate Barca's midfield. Even in the 7-0 Barca's midfield still had control of the game, even if they were thoroughly out-muscled. Now that Barca and Bayern play under similar systems it would be interesting to see them match up. I haven't seen much of Lahm as a DM so I can't comment on that, but Iniesta is miles better than Kroos and Xavi and Schweini are on similar levels. I think if Bayern and Barca met today the difference between midfields would not be as large as you suggest.

So to recap
More possession =/= dominating midfield. Barca's mid was eaten by Bayern's home and away. (not saying that they are better, they were in ridiculous form in the 2 matches).

Iniesta is the most overrated player in the world btw
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

So to recap
More possession =/= dominating midfield. Barca's mid was eaten by Bayern's home and away. (not saying that they are better, they were in ridiculous form in the 2 matches).

Iniesta is the most overrated player in the world btw
You do know that you can destroy a team without dominating the midfield, right? and that's precisly what Bayern did. Like The great leader said, it was the wingers that destroyed us.

Iniesta overrated? Yeah, sure... :facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:14 pm

McAgger wrote:For me it's Roma's midfield >> Barca/Bayern. Absolutely f*ckin brilliantly balanced. Pace, power, work-rate, technique, composure, mobility, versatility, intelligence, etc, etc.

Sober up mate
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next