Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Karim Benzema - Page 37 Empty Re: Karim Benzema

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:41 pm

sportsczy wrote:"clearly inferior to Higuain" Laughing  That killed me.  You're clearly not a football savant.  That's about the only clarlity i get from your posts on this subject Laughing

I was obviously referring to when they both played for Real Madrid, and when they did, the majority of Real Madrid fans on here were crying for Benzema to get shipped off instead of Higuaín. The reason being that, despite Benzema being the favoured player in the Champions League for his consistent scoring form in that particular competition, he lacked confidence, and his overall game was indeed clearly inferior to that of Higuaín. Since most of the current Real Madrid fans here are relatively new, they don't remember that I was actively defending Benzema's poor performances in the RM section, back then. Chad mentioned selective memory, and I believe that's a trait that a lot of people on here share. People like you and Chad are the reason why I stopped paying attention to the RM section. I'm glad you got some "clarlity" out of my post Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:55 pm

i don't agree with a single thing you said bro.  Other than his first year at Madrid, Benz was clearly superior to higuain which is why Mourinho eventually benched him often and played Benz mostly as time went by.  Mou cares little about what other people think... plays the guys he feels are better. Benz scored more and assisted more than Higuain while adapting to playing with Ronaldi, which is something higuain can't do since he's not a technician.

But you're free to think what you want.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:i don't agree with a single thing you said bro.  Other than his first year at Madrid, Benz was clearly superior to Madrid which is why Mourinho eventually benched played Benz more and benched Higuain.  Mou cares little about what other people think...   scored more and assisted more than Higuain.

But you're free to think what you want.

You're saying he's bigger than the club? Alright, bro Smile

The only point I was trying to make was that I was a huge fan of Benzema before he came to Madrid. I know you were following him back then, too, because I'm pretty sure we had a discussion about him a few years ago. In my humble opinion, people on here tend to have selective memory when a player is on form; Real Madrid supporters, in particular. He's playing really well now, and he has been very consistent since last season. However, his career while at Real Madrid has had it's fair share of ups and downs, and prior to last season, his performances were very inconsistent. Sure, we can agree to disagree about him ever being inconsistent, you may even argue that he's always performed as well as he's doing these days, but we both watched him play back when he was arguably the most talented youngster in Europe - can you honestly tell me that his road from Lyon to Real Madrid has been without issues? Sigh, I guess it's best to just focus on how well he's performing right now.

Last edited by Thimmy on Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:59 pm

Big game player.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:03 pm

saying that a Higuain fanboy calling Higuain better when the manager, the club president and anyone with any football sense can see that Benz makes Higuain look like a pub player... is not really worth discussing the subject with.

The telling part is that Higuain is a pure 9 who relies on stats and Benz is a playmaker CF who combines stats with contributing to team flow.... when the playmaker outstats the pure 9, any argument goes right down the toilet.

Anyhow, moving along here lol
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:Expect this thread to fall off the first page while Benz is goating Laughing

This thread is a toxic cesspool, of course no one is going to touch it Laughing

The Benzema debate isn't even about Benzema anymore lmao, it's basically a back and forth between two groups of posters.

Anyway, he played great today. Glad to see him be a decisive goalscorer and player in a high stakes clasico. Great stuff.

No complaints here Thumbs up
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:16 pm

exactly zealous, it's not even about the player nowadays, it's about the posters settling old scores and by far the greatest I TOLD YOU SO contest GL has ever seen.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:19 pm

I'm not even a Higuaín fanboy, lol. The only point I was trying to make was that, despite how great it is that Benzema has been performing consistently well for some time now, it took him a damn long time to do so. Here's how I see it: I remember his poor periods of form. You, on the other hand, remember how he performed a few hours ago, and you believe he's never performed below that standard.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:24 pm

Zealous wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Expect this thread to fall off the first page while Benz is goating Laughing

This thread is a toxic cesspool, of course no one is going to touch it Laughing

The Benzema debate isn't even about Benzema anymore lmao, it's basically a back and forth between two groups of posters.

Anyway, he played great today. Glad to see him be a decisive goalscorer and player in a high stakes clasico. Great stuff.

No complaints here Thumbs up

I'm not part of either group, I just reacted to people talking as if Benzema is, and has been world class since he stepped on Spanish soil for the first time Laughing I love that he's been performing well for a while now, and coincidentally, the whole team has been performing well at the same time.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:saying that a Higuain fanboy calling Higuain better when the manager, the club president and anyone with any football sense can see that Benz makes Higuain look like a pub player...  is not really worth discussing the subject with.

The telling part is that Higuain is a pure 9 who relies on stats and Benz is a playmaker CF who combines stats with contributing to team flow....  when the playmaker outstats the pure 9, any argument goes right down the toilet.

Anyhow, moving along here lol

"Any argument goes right down the toilet". You have no argument Razz All you and Chad ever retort with are "Nope, he's flawless, end of".

Of course, this never happened Rolling Eyes

- I'm sorry, RG. I'm not hating on Benzema. I'm really happy that he's performing well. Just having some fun with two of his biggest fans Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:48 pm

thimmy you forgot the WC final few months ago too rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:48 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:exactly zealous, it's not even about the player nowadays, it's about the posters settling old scores and by far the greatest I TOLD YOU SO contest GL has ever seen.

about time someone said it
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:37 am

And you better believe i'm going to settle scores... and keep doing it for a long time given all the garbage that was posted on this thread in the past. The title was even garbage until the OP was forced to change it.

The crow will continue to get served and i'm not letting up even a little bit.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:40 am

You do know Benzema will go through games where he will be piss poor, you updating this thread everytime he doee well will just encourage posters to bump it when he doesn't do well

Hazard and Benzema are the only players with threads that gets bumped every other game. That's because people are too attached to either hating them or loving them all brought on by a few posters
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:09 am

so be it.  i didn't start this thread.  It was a blatant hate thread that went on and on.  Well guess what:  I will keep hammering those who spewed rubbish.  I won't relent.  I don't care if it pisses off some or not.

Ronaldo and Bale are both piss poor in some games too and nobody says a thing.  The double standards are outrageous (not directed at you Hala; you tend to be even-handed although i don't always agree).
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:05 am

I know what you mean sport

But say if someone bumped the Bale thread and said that he has been crap all season(which is true) do you think there will be a single person defending him???

Alot of the criticism of Benz in the past has been justified (I have criticised him alot too but not in this thread). The problem is you can't even give constructive criticism without having someone fiercly defend him. So it becomes a love benz vs hate benz campaign.

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:32 am

Karim Benzema - Page 37 B00Eh3vIUAA8zzd
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:14 am

with no PKs...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 am

halamadrid2 wrote:You do know Benzema will go through games where he will be piss poor, you updating this thread everytime he doee well will just encourage posters to bump it when he doesn't do well

Hazard and Benzema are the only players with threads that gets bumped every other game. That's because people are too attached to either hating them or loving them all brought on by a few posters

so much crap in this post, i have seen benzema have great games for you and i mean you, to say he had a bad game cause he didn't score, and your the same guy who praise the shit out of a horrible di maria and isco, stop with the bs
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:50 am

halamadrid2 wrote:I know what you mean sport

But say if someone bumped the Bale thread and said that he has been crap all season(which is true) do you think there will be a single person defending him???

why are you so full of shit hala? i said bale was awful before, and you/everyone only focused on benz, just like how isco was awful and you/everyone just focused on benz, this forum keep acting like bashing benzema is normal, so normal you jokers think your giving constructive crictism while you can't even tell a legit performance right in front of your eyes
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:53 am

I thought you liked DiMaria hmm

And no I don't blindly call someone crap when they are playing good. I am not a narrow minded pessimist neither am I a fan boy. I tell it like it is (for me). If someone has been good I praise them and when they have been bad I criticise them, no matter who the player is. Can't say the same about you........

Anyways this is a Benz thread let's get back on topic
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:55 am

Chad you do know people have their own opinions???

It doesn't have to be the same as yours
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:03 am

hala you called benzema game in cdr final bad, and he was excellent in that match

i don't make excuses for benzema, who the *bleep* scores every week off 2 shots a game? no one stop acting like a noob, i have always said if benz shoots as much as cr and is not scoring then complain all you want, bale, di maria, isco, were very selfish at different parts of the season fact

of course i like di maria doesn't change the fact he is awful at rw, scoring fluke goals and clearly only passing to cr, which again benzema got blamed for, like how isco wasn't creating anything just glory hunting and playing zero defense and all of you called that brilliant, again you all use hype to judge players and not what actually happening in games
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next