The Franchise
messixaviesta
billy_gr
62 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V4 - Page 28 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V4

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Main problem I have with Laporte is his price tag. If we're going to spend 36m to get a CB might as well at least try for Benahtia, Koscielny or Mangala for 40.

Also Pique will never be the leader. Say what you will about Masche but he has been captain at Liverpool and Argentina (before ceding it to Messi).

Agreed. I have always been a fan of Koscielny and advocated buying him even for 30+ last season. If we're going to spend that much, I'd rather see it on Koscielny. That being said, I like Laporte and he's young. Really, I'm happy that we seem to be actually in the market of getting a CB who is tall and strong and...a CB. Vertonghen would cost 30 million as well, and I would be happy with him. He was captain at Ajax and has been a great leader for Spurs as well. Unfortunately he's struggled with some injuries this year (like the entire Spurs backline :facepalm: )

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:23 pm

I don't see Vert leaving with De Boer on his way there, but he is rumored to be unhappy.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:26 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't see Vert leaving with De Boer on his way there, but he is rumored to be unhappy.

Not only that, but Spurs would be very unwilling to sell. He's the best they've got, and Levy is a hard negotiator. It would likely be tough to capture him, but it's worth a shot I think. He isn't very happy right now and he was basically begging for Barca to get him at Ajax, so I think with money (for Spurs) and the dream (for Vertonghen), it's possible.

Also, nothing is concrete on De Boer yet hmm
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 01, 2014 12:46 am

The only justification for paying that much of Laporte is the firm belief he will become a great defender, the way Varane (minus injuries) probably will. They see some high level of defensive acumen.

If we are spending 36 or whatever on left footed Bartra with 1 inches in height and 10kg more body weight, im not sure how happy I can be about that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 01, 2014 1:02 am

Our options are limited. What alternative is there? David Luiz?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 01, 2014 1:49 am

and vertonghen is not a very good defender too begin with
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu May 01, 2014 1:51 am

Forget Kroos and Gundogan sign Koke up.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 01, 2014 2:32 am

Fußball wrote:Our options are limited. What alternative is there? David Luiz?
Porto will negotiate for Mangala. Roma have shown they have no problem selling talent to make a profit. River would happily take a 15m offer for Balanta. Arsenal have done our bidding before. Why do you think our options are limited?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu May 01, 2014 2:58 am

A loan of Barcelona B attacker Denis Suarez (20) could be included in a deal with Celta on Luis Enrique, who has a 3M buyout clause. [rac1]
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 01, 2014 5:41 am

LOL we can't afford 3M buyout?

Btw, I am not impressed by Luis as a manager and I do not want
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 01, 2014 10:06 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Fußball wrote:Our options are limited. What alternative is there? David Luiz?
Porto will negotiate for Mangala. Roma have shown they have no problem selling talent to make a profit. River would happily take a 15m offer for Balanta. Arsenal have done our bidding before. Why do you think our options are limited?

Balanta is a much bigger risk than Laporte. Granted, he'd be a lot cheaper as well. But still. I don't even know why people throw him in the mix. Such a random name. Him and Vergini have been arbitrarily mentioned a while back just because Tata is Argentinian. Vergini is now at Sunderland and looking like an amateur. A guy who has debuted a few months ago in Argentina coming to Barca would be such a culture shock.

Porto will negotiate for Mangala for € 50M. It's Porto. Laughing Again I don't see why he is less of a risk. He's playing in an irrelevant league and from what I've heard he isn't all that. His name is thrown about all the time yet no club that is looking for defenders has gone for him (Bayern, City, Chelsea etc.).

I would take Benatia over anyone else in a heartbeat. But selling talent happily? I don't think so. From what I know Roma have no cash problems at all and want to build something. They've sold a 19 year old defender for € 35M. What will they ask for Benatia? Benatia himself said he's not going to ask to leave unless Roma force him to.

I don't know why we have no interest in every possible Arsenal scrub but not Koscielny. No idea tbh. But I don't think it would be that easy to negotiate for him this time around. Arsenal don't need the money anymore. They actually started to spend. Wenger is happily selling us his scrubs (Hleb, Song, Cesc). His best defender? I'm not so sure.

That's rather limited options I would say.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Disagree. The options are limited only when you twist it. Just like when Thiago Silva "couldnt be bought" which was always a lie.

Porto will sell Mangala for 30-40 if clubs like Man City want him. But if Mangala says "nope, I am only hoing Barca" (which can happen) then that changes everything. Just like it would have for Thiago Silva. But we dont bother trying.

Its also not true no clubs have gone for him.

Not signed yet =/= not gone in for him

Chelsea and Bayern dont currently need defenders either. NEED.

He also played in the CL, not just some random league...and the people who say he isnt good, funny enough never watch him/watched him 1 time...some co-oincidence that is.

What Benatia says is fairly tales. Since when do players mean what they say? He cant say, oh yeah ill leave Roma...he is being a pro. If Roma agreed a price, ofc he would leave.

With Koscienly, thats 3 options right there. How is that not enough?

I would take Badstuber. 100% he couldnt be the only centerback signing, he would need more, especially with his injury, but he is a talented boy who I think could do well.

There is also the feint possiblity of Hummels, not saying we should, but he is an option.

Even David Luiz who you mock, I bet he would do alot better in La Liga than the PL.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Bayern ARE searching for centerbacks. You probably see Boateng and Dante, 2 tall and physical guys and think they don't just because of that although both individually committed far more mistakes than Mascherano and Pique combined this season. Their next best option is 36 year old van Buyten. Bayern are actually in the same situation as we are. They only have 2 starting CBs and they are both clowning around. A quick look at their forums (Bayernzone) in the transfer section and it's clear that they are looking for CBs. Pretty much the same names we are linked with as well (Benatia, D. Luiz, Laporte).

Thiago Silva couldn't be bought. That was never a lie. When he was at Milan him and Ibra went in a package together. Because Ibra wanted a guarantee that PSG are serious with their ambitions and Milan needed the money. Ibra was going nowhere alone. Once at PSG Silva became unreachable. Their president is close friends with T. Silva and likes him a lot. After the Barca rumours last summer he just gave him another bumper contract. Laughing

Porto will NEVER sell Mangala for € 30M. This is the same club that has sold James Rodriguez for € 45M and Hulk for € 55M. They simply don't give a *bleep*. Especially when oil clubs like City are also showing interest (even they can't afford him apparently because Porto are insisting they pay his buyout clause as usual, otherwise what keeps him at Porto still?).

Badstuber is at Bayern and has had 2 consecutive knee injuries. Never an option.

So with Benatia and Koscielny that's about 2 realistic options (yet still not easy or cheap at all). I call that quite limited.

D. Luiz is a clown. He has 0 positional awareness. La Liga or EPL doesn't matter. At Barca he might get exposed less because Barca is a better team and on the front foot most of the time but that doesn't make his abilities any better. It just covers them. But we can discuss this all night long and remain in disagreement I guess. Mourinho is also an asshole. This is the guy who didn't even loan Ba to Arsenal. With our desperation and the possibility that we might still get banned from transfers after this summer, he'd milk us to death. Like € 45M - € 50M for D. Luiz. Eto'o + gazillians = Ibra redux. Kill me. Pique-Luiz partnership. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 01, 2014 3:33 pm

Having said that, Laporte alone is not optimal at all of course. He's 19, 2 years younger than Varane and 4 years younger than Bartra even, and should be treated as a prospect, not a messiah. I don't see why we want to develop 2 prospects though (Bartra and Laporte). If we buy Laporte, Bartra should go on loan (or just go) and another experienced defender should come in ideally. But yeah. Zubi etc. etc.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 01, 2014 10:25 pm

Oh, and I obviously completely forgot to mention that Mangala isn't even fully owned by Porto. Like Falcao, being forced to waste his prime years at Monaco, there are 3th party mobsters milking money out of him.

Transfer Rumours V4 - Page 28 10154055_723844527683046_917578827304553411_n

He's literally the hardest CB to get right now for a proper club.

€ 30M. Laughing More like € 50M + €40M to the scouting agency of his grandma's sister's boyfriend's son.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 01, 2014 10:40 pm

Nothing wrong about getting to the negotiating table though, you're ruling us out before even trying. I think all targets I mentioned are reachable and would be better value than Laporte.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 01, 2014 10:58 pm

I know full well about Mangala, Porto are my unofficial 2nd club. In the end with Porto, is always the same, the players are for sale, its only a matter of time.

I said 30-40...30 if noone comes in for him, 40-ish if clubs like City do. It all depends.

Comparing to Hulk and James dont make much sense, they were sold to clubs with no budget and who were totally desperate for quality to add to their medicore squads.

Just go back a few more years and see when they sold other names. They sold Pepe, Lucho and Lisandro to clubs with money, and while still pretty expensive (as Mangala would obviously be) they were in the ballpark of normality.

And no, the quality of those 2 Bayern guys are not why I say they arent in for a CB. Its also Badstuber, its also Martinez..they have so many players, they have to use him there for spells. If they want a guy, they are selling, thats for sure.

Nah Silva was a lie. All it took was Silva to say, I want to go Barcelona and the chance would of been there. He didnt, which is another story...he was loyal to Milan. But as soon as they sold him, he was obviously on his way.

Badstuber? So let me understand.

Badstuber to come alongside another defender (therefore not the only option) is not an option because he his knee? He had cruciate ligament damage, something which is sadly relatively common.

Gundogen has a back injury which even the doctors cant diagonose, let alone fix..but he is ok to come and start instead of Xavi in your opinion? Doesnt seem right to me.

I disagree about Luiz.

Also what of Hummels? What of Vertoghen? Throw in the likes of Agger,  and Indigo Martinez people have thrown out there.

And even guys noone talks about but are still possibilities, such as N'Koulou, Höwedes...and guys I have no idea about but people bring up, like Wollscheid or Dede.

Dont tell me there are no options when we are trotting out what we are trotting out right now.

Its always funny how these relative no names players are shrugged at...then they go to a bigger team, then a bigger team, and all of sudden..they are good.

Look no further than Thiago Silva, who was at Porto and Dynamo Moscow...if his named was uttered at those times, imagine the reaction...now look at him.

Last edited by The Franchise on Thu May 01, 2014 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 01, 2014 10:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Nothing wrong about getting to the negotiating table though, you're ruling us out before even trying. I think all targets I mentioned are reachable and would be better value than Laporte.

Exactly.

Its as if you want us to not even try. You would rather us sign noone and then have something to complain about than actually trying?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 01, 2014 11:08 pm

will be fun when Zenit trumps everyone and add mangala to their teams
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu May 01, 2014 11:31 pm

I could see that. I could easily see Mangala end up somewhere trash.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 02, 2014 12:15 am

Ridiculously stubborn, mate. So T. Silva was possible if Silva expressed his wish to go to Barca although he clearly said that he promised Leonardo at PSG to join them and that he's a man of his word? Direct quote:

Thiago Silva: "I wanted to play for Barça but I had promised Leonardo to go to PSG even before negotiations started. I am a man of my word."

The Ibra+Silva to PSG thing was already pre-planned ages ago before Barca could have reacted. The first time we inquired I remember an MD headline that Milan wanted our Thiago in exchange (before anyone could have predicted that he was going to leave anyway - so that was never an option).

And what's so special about Mangala, compared to Laporte, that it's worth to pay > € 40M with all the 3th party ownership baggage surrounding the deal? Sounds like a premature excuse. Now that we're actually getting a defender people will say they would have totally bought a different defender.

Badstuber is not an option because he's gomegrown Bayern player. His injury setback is just another reason (also I didn't want Gündogan just for that reason if you look at my squad proposal in the other thread - no Gündogan in there). Also that he sucks apart from being good on the ball. I know the guy since van Gaal was using him as a leftback and Nani ripped him apart back in 2010. How people don't want Hummels because of speed issues and then come up proposing Badstuber I will never understand. It's like people suggest the weirdest options that will never happen so they can say afterwards, if whoever we buy flops, that they wanted a completely different defender anyway. N'Koulou, Höwedes. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri May 02, 2014 5:17 am

Pjanic (Roma): "Barça have great players, their style suits me, like Roma's style now. Wouldn't be bad destination, good climate..." [lmtds]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zubi is closely monitoring Daniel Agger. (Cadena Ser)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bayern Munich player Javi Martinez (25) would be available for 35-40M. Barcelona are interested. [md]

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri May 02, 2014 7:19 am

ah.. the yearly daniel agger rumor never fails.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri May 02, 2014 11:04 am

Donuts wrote:ah.. the yearly daniel agger rumor never fails.
 Laughing 
he is a poor man's wall and now we are that poor

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri May 02, 2014 11:06 am

why courtois is once again in headline for both MD and sports.... i thought MatS is a done deal....today both the news printed something like
COURTOIS WAITS FOR BARÇA  :coffee: 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri May 02, 2014 12:16 pm

OK, but thats not why the move didnt happen. We didnt offer for him...untill that point you said about swapping for our Thiago, which was too late.

I suspect it became known that indeed Thiago Silva could be had, because PSG were in for him (obviously we didnt know how far in for him) and then tried...then your correct, it was too late.

However, there was time before then...when the entire world said he was untouchable. Which turned out to be untrue.

At that time, especially on here, everyone was saying, nope, Milan would never sell. That was untrue, as it turned out.

Whats so special about Mangala? I dont know...maybe he isnt that good, maybe Laporte isnt either. How does anyone truly know untill they play for the club?

Right now, Laporte is a much bigger guess though. Mangala plays for his NT, he has played in the CL, he has experience and it still young..so obviously, I know more about him, seen him more and like what I see.

Doesnt mean he is better than Laporte, but all transfers are part leap of faith and I have more at Mangala at this time.

Badstuber is not a leftback, he isnt the fastest guy in the world. Of course he was owned by Nani. We can disagree about his quality, thats fine...but if Bayern are signing a CB like you say, surely someone at Bayern is leaving?

I dont want Hummels or Badstuber by the way, but I am saying they are reasonable options. You are saying there are hardly any.

What is funny about N'Koulou and Höwedes?

Do they sound any more questionable than Koscienly (played in Ligue 2) and Mertersacker (slowest player on the planet who merely did ok for a meh German team)? Funny how those two all of a sudden are two of better defenders in the game now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next