Red Alert
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EL Patron
Art Morte
76 posters

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 36 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:58 am

aleumdance wrote:any spurs fan who thinks Arsenal is easy to open up has been stuck in 2009...

2nd best defense in the league last season FFS, and you still say this?

aston villa we were beaten by a ref, last 2 games solid D...
y mad lol

@ Spurs not scoring from open play:

Paulinho could have had a hat trick today (PAULINHO FFS :bow: ) if he had better finishing. Rarely will he miss all of those. Then there were a couple other chances like Dembele as well. Tottenham were unlucky not to be 3 up by halftime...with better finishing, Tottenham are winning that game like Man Yoo won. Rarely will the ball just not go in the goal like it did today. That being said, Tottenham created chances. Apparently creativity isn't a huge problem.

Even last week, Chadli, Sigurdsson and Defoe all had clear cut chances and probably should have scored. They score? It's 4-0. It's not unrealistic to expect that one of those goes in, in which it's an easy 2-0 score last week as well, with a goal from open play.

Tottenham only struggling to finish chances, and that's an amazing problem to have. I'm not concerned.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 36 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:01 am

Tbh think us spurs boys gonna cruise to a top 3 finish.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:01 am

It's not actually a good problem to have, to be honest.

Ask any Liverpool fan, it's actually quite depressing.

Won't be long before teams go on the counter against you, have a quarter amount of chances as you, and end up winning / getting a positive result.

The irony is that we did the opposite against Villa, ha.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 am

It's the best problem to have. I'd rather have a team creating chances and not finishing them than not being able to create chances at all, or creating few. It's only a matter of time until they start going in.

Can it bite you in the butt? Yes, but with Tottenham looking terrible last season struggling to create anything until Bale put a screamer in and Tottenham won 1-0, this looks great. Tottenham have created lots of chances.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:04 am

It's a frustrating problem, coming from somebody who went from watching various Juve big guns to Amauri, Matri etc screw up.

But it's a rich mans problem. Providing your other areas are secure. Which also seems to be the case with spurs.

Soldado will definitely score a few. Lamela will too if he joins. But yeah, not a bad problem as far as footballing problems go.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:11 am

CBarca wrote:
aleumdance wrote:any spurs fan who thinks Arsenal is easy to open up has been stuck in 2009...

2nd best defense in the league last season FFS, and you still say this?

aston villa we were beaten by a ref, last 2 games solid D...
y mad lol

@ Spurs not scoring from open play:

Paulinho could have had a hat trick today (PAULINHO FFS :bow:) if he had better finishing. Rarely will he miss all of those. Then there were a couple other chances like Dembele as well. Tottenham were unlucky not to be 3 up by halftime...with better finishing, Tottenham are winning that game like Man Yoo won. Rarely will the ball just not go in the goal like it did today. That being said, Tottenham created chances. Apparently creativity isn't a huge problem.

Even last week, Chadli, Sigurdsson and Defoe all had clear cut chances and probably should have scored. They score? It's 4-0. It's not unrealistic to expect that one of those goes in, in which it's an easy 2-0 score last week as well, with a goal from open play.

Tottenham only struggling to finish chances, and that's an amazing problem to have. I'm not concerned.
not saying you guys are not good..

am saying, its long I have seen anyone steamroll Arsenal.. long time.. Defense is the only Upgrade Wenger has done in years....

and Koscielny is going to play.. the Aston Villa game was an Accident started by a stupid ref who let everything go against Arsenal, even stupid tackles
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:13 am

BTW if Paulinho starts scoring most of the chances that come his way, he WILL put up Lampard numbers.

And Capoue is amazing. Absolute beast.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:14 am

I have nothing against Arsenal but Didn't United and Milan wipe the floor with them fairly recently?

Kos is very good, but the backline as a whole, and how they perform is a concern. Although I guess with a solid DM it would look a damn sight more secure.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:18 am

CBarca wrote:BTW if Paulinho starts scoring most of the chances that come his way, he WILL put up Lampard numbers.

Settle down now.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:19 am

Never seen all the game but Capoue is looking like a great signing

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:20 am

I was talking about the "match Lampard numbers" if that was directed towards me.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:23 am

Nah just an observation from what CB said about him.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:31 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:I have nothing against Arsenal but Didn't United and Milan wipe the floor with them fairly recently?

Kos is very good, but the backline as a whole, and how they perform is a concern. Although I guess with a solid DM it would look a damn sight more secure.
2nd best defense in the league last season...

United weeped us 11/12.. same with milan
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:32 am

aleumdance wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:I have nothing against Arsenal but Didn't United and Milan wipe the floor with them fairly recently?

Why do you insist on throwing around that pointless stat around everywhere? Stats in football are near irrelevant.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:40 am

lszanto wrote:
aleumdance wrote:

Why do you insist on throwing around that pointless stat around everywhere? Stats in football are near irrelevant.
wow.. so a stat on defense is pointless?

let me remind you, Arsenal's defense has massively improved yet people with worse defense than ours keep saying our Defense sucks..

so yes,, I AM GOING TO KEEP USING THAT STAT..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:44 am

Tbf that stat does hold SOME weight

But the defence and the midfield infront of it need improved overall if they want to actually try to go for the title.

Might get some decent results against lesser teams. Shutting them out etc etc. That defence won't hold against the big boys. And the likes of United have no trouble whatsoever in getting 3 points off of the small teams anyway.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:54 am

aleumdance wrote:
lszanto wrote:
aleumdance wrote:2nd best defense in the league last season...

let me remind you, Arsenal's defense has massively improved yet people with worse defense than ours keep saying our Defense sucks..

Ok. Well I guess you can keep saying it if it makes you happy, at least you'll be able to spout some interesting facts next year in europa Laughing
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:58 am

lszanto wrote:
aleumdance wrote:
lszanto wrote:Why do you insist on throwing around that pointless stat around everywhere? Stats in football are near irrelevant.

Ok. Well I guess you can keep saying it if it makes you happy, at least you'll be able to spout some interesting facts next year in europa Laughing
I know Chelsea won it cuz they were Good enough to win it, but common don't rub it on us...
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:21 am

something-red wrote:
CBarca wrote:BTW if Paulinho starts scoring most of the chances that come his way, he WILL put up Lampard numbers.

Settle down now.
I'm subject to exaggerating just about everything, but the point is, his timing running into the box and his attacking positioning for a midfielder is top notch. Had himself a hat trick of chances today and scored in the midweek too. Better finishing and I can see him getting 10+ goals at least. It is Swansea yes, but I'm just talking early signs... and they point to good things. I wouldn't be surprised to see him bang in goals this season, if we're talking about a midfielder scoring goals.

Similarly, early signs for Capoue are just that he's a beast.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:56 am

Lampard is the best finisher & goal scorer of all time from the CM position or at the very least in modern times. Calm down.

I definitely see some similarities but he's still a long way from averaging 20/10 for 9/10 seasons. Lampard's biggest strength is his consistency.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:09 pm

aleumdance wrote:
lszanto wrote:
aleumdance wrote:2nd best defense in the league last season...

Arsenal did manage a .097 goals against average for the season which is ridiculously good. That mark was second only to Manchester City who registered a .089 goals against average for the season.

To be fair though, those numbers are artificially high, against the top 6 last season Arsenal Averaged:

1.42 Goals Against Average
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 36 Blog_mourinhoot_hdr-lrg

Laughing
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:53 pm

This is much better :coffee:

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 - Page 36 Jose_zpsb5d5b291
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Or what about this:

Mourinho has won more games at Old Trafford than David Moyes.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:11 pm

CFC: Cech, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, De Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle.

De Gea; Jones, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Cleverley, Carrick, Welbeck; Rooney, Van Persie

Mata ostracized Sad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:12 pm

Use the new thread brahs..... this one will split into two soon otherwise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next