Ganso
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
34 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Gerardo 'Tata' Martino - Page 10 Empty Re: Gerardo 'Tata' Martino

Post by futbol Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:57 am

Since when is a game against Valencia a big game? They are 8th in La Liga. Milan over 2 legs was beaten 4-2. Atletico Madrid over 2 legs was beaten on goal difference and we ended up with the trophy (I don't count those games anyway, those were his very first games). Maybe Real Sociedad can be considered a big game and he got his tactics wrong in that one. Happens. That stadium is cursed for us anyway. Pep and Tito both never won there.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:08 am

Fußball wrote:Since when is a game against Valencia a big game? They are 8th in La Liga. Milan over 2 legs was beaten 4-2. Atletico Madrid over 2 legs was beaten on goal difference and we ended up with the trophy (I don't count those games anyway, those were his very first games). Maybe Real Sociedad can be considered a big game and he got his tactics wrong in that one. Happens. That stadium is cursed for us anyway. Pep and Tito both never won there.

Valencia is the 3rd-4th best team in our league in the last years. They finished 5th last season.
Milan wasn't a two leg game, was a league game. And we haven't managed to beat Atletico once.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:53 am

Free cat Laughing

Please gooo....

Tata :bow:
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:22 pm

We didn't lose against Atletico Madrid, we won the first two games on away goals and earned the trophy
the third match at their home, where they are unbeaten, we also drew, 0/3 is a far stretch to prove your point it's more like 2/3
I much rather lose to Real Sociedad or Atletico Bilbao then lose 3 straight classicos (one in which they used their bench to beat us) and 7-0 to Bayern with our amazing catalan based coach Tito who you so much love.

losing against the small teams is also debated and agreed upon most of us that the players are more to blame then the coach.
you can have the best tactics but if the players decide not to put any sort of interest then we are *bleep*.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:08 pm

If Tata wins the Cup, and we get good game in CL, i am happy with him. Give him another chance to build the team, as that is what we need, big changes.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:14 pm

I say give him another season with the players he thinks fits his style. Right now he is playing with a used up team that isn't his; he just inherited. Considering all the crap going on with the team this season (Neymar purchase scandal that lead to our president stepping down, Messi tax scandal, the ridiculous pre-season that our players were made to go through because of Rossell, the months of no Messi, the Neymar injury), I would say he has done a good job at keeping that from affecting the players and keeping us in a good place to succeed.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:55 pm

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/martino-reaches-the-50-game-mark-at-the-barca-helm

Gerardo Martino completed his 50th match on the Barça bench this Tuesday evening, against Atlético Madrid. The Argentinian was presented as Barça’s manager on 26 July and since then he’s led the team to a Spanish Super Cup victory, and his men are in the hunt for the league title alongside Atlético Madrid, in the Champions League quarter-finals and in the final of the Cup.

Numbers that match the best

Martino’s record at the Barça helm stands at 37 victories, 8 draws and 5 defeats in official matches. His men have scored a total of 136 goals (2.7 per game) and conceded 37 (0.7 per game).

These numbers are the second best in Club history when it comes to debutant managers. Only Helenio Herrera (1958/59) has a better record: 40 victories, 5 draws and 5 defeats. Pep Guardiola’s record is nearly identical to Martino’s: 37 victories, 8 draws and 5 defeats (133 goals scored and 42 conceded).

Martino's record identical to Pep's hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:19 am

Why does it say nearly identical?? I see its same....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:07 am

goals scored and received i different. tata is better in that context
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:22 pm

If Tata wins nothing this season will, he likely be sacked?

Who will replace him? Emery? Bielsa? Luis Enrique?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:49 pm

He did win the Espana cup, but not winning either CdR and La Liga, I don't know what might happen, but to be honest, I doubt our board will flack him. They'll give him another season and the excuse will be what the club is going through with all that crap that came out.

Anyways there are a lot of suitable replacement Martinez is also an option, however I kind of believe he could use for a coach like Klopp.

Last edited by Winter is Coming on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:29 pm

Enrique would be a step down.

Honestly with all the scandal and the ban, the obvious horrible things going on behind the scenes and the aging squad....I don't see many managers wanting to jump to take the gig tbh
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:39 am

If I were a good manager I would skip Barca this season. You cant change much and inherit a team with tons of problems and management that can change any time, so the new management might sack you anyhow leaving you with a stain in CV.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:03 am

He won't stay either way IMO. Think he was just here for a season and not for long term.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:48 am

Let's hope he doesn't stay. He's not a bad coach, but defintely not an excellent one. In hindisght, it was impossible that an unknown Rosell chosen coach turned out to be good.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:23 am

“We are a team and the blame is for everyone,” Puyol, who is currently sidelined through injury, said. “It is easier to attack a coach than 25 players, but we know ourselves that the whole team is responsible.

“We tried everything against Granada. We had many clear chances. The normal thing would have been a win, but things do not always work out for you. We have analysed it and we know we all have to give everything.”

Martino, who arrived from Newell’s Old Boys last summer, signed a two-year contract at the Camp Nou but the deal contains an exit clause that can be triggered by either party at the end of the season.

Puyol added: “He has one more year on his contract. We trust in him. If he and the club want to continue, I wish him the best. He seems a good coach to me. We are with him to the death and he is with us. Nobody has liked these last results.”

“I would only stay if I was able to help,” he said. “My idea remains the same because I want to be at my level and help the team. That was taking a lot of out of me, and I do not want to spend another year like that. I hope the punishment can be sorted out by the club.”

Captain Molenation
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:44 pm

According to Sport Martino and Alexis had a strong exchange of words. Martino had allegedly promised Alexis he would start the Copa final, but when Alexis saw he didn't make the starters he called Martino a 'cagon' (coward). Alexis did not go to the pitch to pick up the runners up medal in spite of Puyol advising him to.

I can see why he would be pissed, he is our top scorer of 2014 but didn't start any of the big matches. But having an outburst like that, if true, is completely unprofessional and unacceptable.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by larisano_is_back Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:32 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:According to Sport Martino and Alexis had a strong exchange of words. Martino had allegedly promised Alexis he would start the Copa final, but when Alexis saw he didn't make the starters he called Martino a 'cagon' (coward). Alexis did not go to the pitch to pick up the runners up medal in spite of Puyol advising him to.

I can see why he would be pissed, he is our top scorer of 2014 but didn't start any of the big matches. But having an outburst like that, if true, is completely unprofessional and unacceptable.

Interesting,tbh.

It shows that all is not rosy in the Dressing Room either. We know what is going on at Boardroom level with the various problems we have had.

It is clear, the club have to sit and examine ways in which to pick ourselves up. It is time to move on to the next chapter of FC Barcelona instead of just sitting by and doing the same stuff over and over....how many seasons have the fans been calling for even 1 Good CB signing??? instead we get everything but...
larisano_is_back
larisano_is_back
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:57 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:According to Sport Martino and Alexis had a strong exchange of words. Martino had allegedly promised Alexis he would start the Copa final, but when Alexis saw he didn't make the starters he called Martino a 'cagon' (coward). Alexis did not go to the pitch to pick up the runners up medal in spite of Puyol advising him to.

I didn't know this. It's a shocking incident and I agree completely with your comments about it.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:19 am

Good to see you JD. Smile

Alexis should shut up, if someone deserved to start it was Pedro.

Anyway, Tata sucks also at man management. Should rename this thread tot PaTata Martino.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:42 am

free_cat wrote:Good to see you JD.  Smile

Alexis should shut up, if someone deserved to start it was Pedro.

Anyway, Tata sucks also at man management. Should rename this thread tot PaTata Martino.

Ok, how does Pedro deserve to start ahead of Alexis? So far this season, and especially in 2014, Alexis has been much better than Pedro. If Alexis would have played like Pedro did against Granada, Real sociedad, or Valladolid, you would have rightfully been criticizing him, yet for someone reason..

Oh and Alexis agent already came out and denied this..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:50 am

Not really, Alexis deserved to start over Pedro, although it would have been nice to see them both start. In any case it must be frustrating to be Alexis, have your best season, be the top scorer of 2014 and still see Cesc start ahead of you in spite of having less than 4 or 5 good games in the later half of the season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 am

I wonder if the management is the reason Tata keeps choosing Cesc. I don't want to believe he's that clueless.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:37 pm

Get a grip guys, Alexis hasn't done anything of merit in two months.

On other notes, this was the first time since 12 years that Barcelona lost 3 games in a row. Since Gaspart years. Thank you Rosell, Bartu and Tata.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:19 pm

What has Pedro done these past 2 months? Just looking at their stats since the 1st february,
Pedro 12 games started, 3 goals and 3 assist
Alexis 10 games started, 5 goals and 4 assist.

So seeing as Pedro has been worse than Alexis, the question is what has Pedro done to merit him starting ahead of Alexis?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:57 am

He played better. Goals and assists are not everything.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next