Ganso
CBarca
BarrileteCosmico
34 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Gerardo 'Tata' Martino - Page 11 Empty Re: Gerardo 'Tata' Martino

Post by free_cat Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:57 am

He played better. Goals and assists are not everything.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:00 pm

free_cat wrote:Good to see you JD.  Smile

Alexis should shut up, if someone deserved to start it was Pedro.

Anyway, Tata sucks also at man management. Should rename this thread tot PaTata Martino.

Thanks cat. Great to see you.

See if the coach promised Alexis a start and didn't keep his word then that's bad. I remember when Roberto Mancini did the same to Costel Pantimilion in the FA Cup final. I was disgusted but then I think he had made it public. Since in Sanchez's case it's not public information what he was told it is a case of one man's word against another's.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:I wonder if the management is the reason Tata keeps choosing Cesc. I don't want to believe he's that clueless.

It could be. Cruyff's recent comments are on similar lines. If this is really true then that's terrible. A coach should at least be allowed to do things his own way before being evaluated and judged.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:07 pm

free_cat wrote:On other notes, this was the first time since 12 years that Barcelona lost 3 games in a row. Since Gaspart years. Thank you Rosell, Bartu and Tata.

I didn't know that. It's so horrible. I would certainly not deprive Zubi of my thanks for that.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:30 am

Very true JD. Thanks Zubi too.

Add that it probably was the first time since who knows when that we lose 3 titles in a week's time.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:07 am

there you are just trying to cook it too much.....it is near the end of season, every game is a title decider and loosing 3 titles chance in a week time can happen if a team play bad. it should not be a matter of a record.

what surprises me is he faced Athletico 6 times this season and failed to beat them. this could have extended to 8 had we faced them in copa. that should be his biggest failure.

i am happy we did not win copa so that someone can come out and say he won for us a micky mouse cup and deserve to stay another season Very Happy....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:24 am

free_cat wrote:Very true JD. Thanks Zubi too.

Add that it probably was the first time since who knows when that we lose 3 titles in a week's time.

So true. In fact we came dangerously close to losing the fourth match in a row but thankfully that didn't happen. I think something in the players' collective pride woke them up in the nth hour.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:27 am

Still one thing I'll say for Tata is for all the problems we had and/or he caused we actually did the double over Madrid in the league. That seems so unbelievable considering the season we had. Unfortunately after the Copa Del Rey final defeat that will hardly taste sweet any more.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:55 am

messixaviesta wrote:Still one thing I'll say for Tata is for all the problems we had and/or he caused we actually did the double over Madrid in the league. That seems so unbelievable considering the season we had. Unfortunately after the Copa Del Rey final defeat that will hardly taste sweet any more.

So just like Gaspart era, when we lost everything each season but we were happy to beat Madrid.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 18, 2014 10:15 pm

Following his side’s 1-1 draw at the Camp Nou on Saturday afternoon, giving Atletico Madrid their first La Liga title in almost two decades, Martino began his post-match press conference by announcing that he will be leaving the club effective immediately.

“I’d like to announce that I’m leaving my position as manager of FC Barcelona.”

“I want to express my thanks to the club, to the president, to Sandro Rosell and to Zubizarreta.”

“I’m sorry I couldn’t get to achieve our objectives with the lads in the team. We tried with all our dignity. We’ve all worked together with great and cordial manner. I am left with their superb human qualities, which is priceless.”

“Barcelona is a club of great prestige within them, because they’re all genuinely admirable players. It has been a privilege to manager this club. Great things and great times will return to this club.”

Martino took over as manager of Barcelona late last summer, following the resignation of the recently deceased Tito Vilanova, and was heavily criticised for his style of play and accussed of breaking away from Barcelona’s tiki-taka style of possession play.

In line with the criticisms of the team’s style of play, Barcelona failed to win a single significant trophy following their Spanish SuperCopa victory in August, being eliminated from the Champions League in the quarterfinal round by Atletico Madrid, losing the Copa del Rey final to Real Madrid and finally losing the La Liga title to Atletico Madrid on Saturday.

It has been widely expected that former Barcelona B and Celta Vigo manager, Luis Enrique, will be next in line for the job, which was all but confirmed when it was revealed that a secret meeting had been held between sporting director, Andoni Zubizarreta and Enrique at the coaches home outside of Barcelona two weeks ago.

Luis Enrique announced he would be leaving his position with Celta Vigo in his final press conference on Friday, making Martino’s fate all but certain.

Martino’s reign was short-lived and will be recognised as a transitional period, while the Argentine has been linked with several coaching positions, including La Liga side Málaga and the Argentine national team job, after the World Cup.

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/108576/tata-martino-steps-down-as-barcelona-manager/
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon May 19, 2014 8:52 am

free_cat wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:Still one thing I'll say for Tata is for all the problems we had and/or he caused we actually did the double over Madrid in the league. That seems so unbelievable considering the season we had. Unfortunately after the Copa Del Rey final defeat that will hardly taste sweet any more.

So just like Gaspart era, when we lost everything each season but we  were happy to beat Madrid.

Oh I see.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue May 20, 2014 3:09 pm

I have two things to say about him :
-A gentleman
-would have done better if he was given freedom

Wish him good luck...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue May 20, 2014 4:36 pm

I wish him good luck.

I wander if his unwillingness to adapt the game plan, aka. don't hoof all the time (and the star 11) was his doing or pressure from above. If it was him, then I have no regrets that he is leaving whatsoever.

Otherwise, he was not that bad given the circumstances: not having a say in transfer while inheriting so many problems, new continent (not just league).
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm

It is okay to make a mistake. Martino's problem is that he kept making the same mistakes over and over again without learning.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed May 21, 2014 4:31 am

neuro11 wrote:I have two things to say about him :
-A gentleman
-would have done better if he was given freedom

Wish him good luck...

Well said. Let me just replace the 'would' with 'could' and those can be my final words for him as well.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:38 am

Martino, who managed Barcelona for the entirety of the 2013-14 season, spoke via Marca, about the impact that the success of Pep Guardiola’s all-conquering Barcelona side that won no less than 14 major titles between 2008 and 2012, had on expectations at the club.

“Pep’s Barcelona was the best team in all history. The comparison was never positive. At Barça, winning wasn’t enough”

The Argentine also stressed that the difficulty of constantly shouldering the burden of less-than-satisfactory results was a factor that led to him growing increasingly fatigued at his post.

“At Barcelona, if you won it was thanks to the players and if you lost it was my fault. It was hard to continue.”

Martino acknowledged that he appreciated the vocal support from his players, but also pointed out that it was not enough to shield him from the criticism after a point.

“When the players back their coach in public it’s nice at the time, but you soon grow wear
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:23 pm

Interesting question I read elsrwhere: if you gave Tata this squad what do you think he could have accomplished?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:56 pm

It's just uncanny how after failing at his first big job,  he is 'promoted' to a bigger job (from his point of view, coaching Argentina is probably a bigger job, from mine not, off course).

You Argentine's are very bad at managing stuff.

Last edited by free_cat on Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:43 pm

I'd say he's the right coach for the style we have developed since Sabella took over. Martino will be able to build on it, he played a similar style with Paraguay, and probably add a few more attacking avenues which is where Sabella failed. Simeone would have been better, but he's too young to consider such a job.

You also have to take into account that in Argentina people don't think that Martino failed. People think that he was doing great in the first 6 months, and then the players, fans and press spoke out against the style and was forced to play more like Pepcelona, and it was only at that point that he started to fail. They think he was doomed to fail because of a lack of institutional support. Of course, that point happens to coincide with Valdes' and Messi's injuries...

Anyways, I agree, AFA are terrible at managing anything. We have changed the first division format like 20 times in the past 2 years Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:23 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Interesting question I read elsrwhere: if you gave Tata this squad what do you think he could have accomplished?

Nothing special. His problem last season wasnt just squad, it was also his weak minded approach to team selection aswell as the confusion of style he brought.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:31 am

Sure, those are reasons he left, but we lost the CL, league and cup primarily because when we needed to be at our best we were depending on Pinto (and to a lesser degree Bartra). There's no doubt in my mind that if Valdes had stayed fit we would have won at least one, perhaps two major titles last year.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:40 am

I dont think either Pinto or Bartra really and truely cost us anything. In the end we wasnt good enough on a collective level.

We didnt deserve to get back in the La Liga race to begin with, we got thrown in by the others incompetence at closing it out. Winning it wouldnt of made his tenure any better, other than in cosmetic appearance only.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:11 am

Who cares about deserve? We were 3 points away from the top with only 3 CBs and Pinto playing since January. Could we have played better, sure? But I'm sure with better resources that would have translated to at least those 4 points. That wouldn't make us deserved winners, but I'm confident we could have done it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:13 am

Well you asked what do I think he would of done, I said nothing special.

Simply winning the title, isnt special.

Well it is, because of how we got back into via miracle but I mean our level of play wouldnt be special.

In short, he wouldnt of done anything special to the level we was playing in my opinion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:15 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Sure, those are reasons he left, but we lost the CL, league and cup primarily because when we needed to be at our best we were depending on Pinto (and to a lesser degree Bartra). There's no doubt in my mind that if Valdes had stayed fit we would have won at least one, perhaps two major titles last year.

I've read all sorts of reports that Tata looked spent towards the end of the season, you could hear it in his voice and how he talked in press conferences. And this was WEEKS before the final game, when we were still realistically in to win at least la Copa and the title if we applied our selves and maintained pressure. Instead, I've read reports about he toned down the intensity in training and looked like he gave up. I backed up Tata from the start, but even I can admit I was wrong about the guy. I thought he would light a fire under our ass, and instead he seemed to buck under the pressure of being a coach of a club as demanding as Barca. He didn't keep our boys sharp, plain and simple. Had he, we would of all collectively felt we should of won a title or two. But instead, we all agreed that had we won anything it would of been out of pure miracle.

and yes, I feel for the guy. He stepped in a really, really bad year. Tito passed away, the long summer training camp with the players gassed, the Nerman scandal, our president stepping down, and Neymar, Messi, Pique, Valdes, Puyol all being injured for long lengths of time (and not too mention this was all with the majority of our squad looking ahead to a World Cup). Dude had it rough, but when the going got tough he didn't have what it takes to keep sharp and have the team focused and giving there all.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:43 am

his father also passed away and many close to him say he had a slight depression
would explain why he wanted to leave in December despite the record undefeated run.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next