eelir
neuro11
Winter is Coming
futbol
BarrileteCosmico
42 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Who do you want to take over Barca if Martino leaves/is sacked?

If not Martino, whom? Vote_lcap6%If not Martino, whom? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
If not Martino, whom? Vote_lcap23%If not Martino, whom? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 8 ]
If not Martino, whom? Vote_lcap3%If not Martino, whom? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
If not Martino, whom? Vote_lcap11%If not Martino, whom? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
If not Martino, whom? Vote_lcap11%If not Martino, whom? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
If not Martino, whom? Vote_lcap20%If not Martino, whom? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 7 ]
If not Martino, whom? Vote_lcap8%If not Martino, whom? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 35

If not Martino, whom? Empty If not Martino, whom?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:48 am

Sport essentially calling for his resignation with tomorrow's cover.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Fri May 02, 2014 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

If not Martino, whom? Empty Re: If not Martino, whom?

Post by futbol Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:49 am

Ideally it would be Klopp with a blank cheque. A complete overhaul of style, tactics, squad and everything. This current 4-3-3 80 % possession football with Messi as a false 9 and 3 physically weak midfielders is dead, has been for a long time, and the players coming through La Masia right now will never be able to carry on the 08 - 12 style in a successful manner either. La Masia produces more quality wingers than quality midfielders right now who all thrive in space (Deulofeu, Tello, Adama etc.). Enforce the double pivot with a physical presence alongside Busquets, buy a proper centerforward, play Messi as a real #10 behind the striker, buy proper defenders and off we go. Tired of seeing Barca with 700+ passes a game only to get undone by 1 or 2 simple counterattacks, corners and simple aerial balls, followed by the comical attempt of breaking down 10 men behind the ball. Atletico, Dortmund, Bayern under Heynckes. That's the way to go. Cruyffism is dead. RIP Clockwork Orange.

Bayern - Barca: 4-0, possession: 34 % - 66 %
Atletico - Barca: 1-0, possession: 29 % - 71 %
Bayern - Dortmund: 0-3, possession: 71 % - 29 %

Getting the likes of Luis Enrique or Martinez will be the desperate attempt of clinging onto the past. We don't need another poverty Pep.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:13 am

I partially agree with Fußball, that it is a time for a change formation wise and tactical wise. Klopp IMO is out best option. The man has a great style will bring back the insane pressuring we did and Dortmund are doing, he's a great man manager and helps envelope young talent by putting faith in them. It will be far cry to get him, but they need to throw everything at him this summer. his style mixed with our philosophy may just do the trick.

Fußball is correct on Enrique and Martinez just wanting to get another Pep.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:13 am

you included  Xavi :shock:whom some people here even think as still the best passer in the world and ageless. How come you include him as a possible manager for next season, or you thinking of him doing both coaching and playing  Laughing And wait for being under fire for calling for a change in possession game. Possession game and La masia graduate cant be touched. you have to win all with maintaining those two pride...

Last edited by neuro11 on Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:23 am

Klopp wouldn't be getable anyway. He's a man of his word and honours contracts. He just renewed with Dortmund until 2018. Nothing can lure him away now, not even Barca. It's just a dream. We all know what will really happen. They'll buy Musacchio and Bruno Soriano. Martino, who has publicly admitted he can't read games, will continue. If not, Luis Enrique will return. 4-3-3 with Cesc leading the midfield will continue.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:20 am

klopp without going into details.

Xavi, no. later maybe.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:29 am

Klopp with a blank cheque. I fully agree with fuball. this false 9 thing has to stop. Let's make an offer impossible to refuse to klopp.
I honestly don't think that there is a greater manager/personnality than him to succeed at Barca. And honestly it won't be easy for Klopp.

The problem with the team ( and Man U are kinda in the same situation ) is that the problems we all know about hasn't been resolved in time and now we need a GK/CB/CM/possibly striker + Replacing Alves. This is a lot.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:38 am

Even when Pep took over in 2008 he had a set of great players to work with. the problem were not the quality. There were so much quality that La masia players looked like future great players ( jeffren, bojan..)

This time , it is a problem of quality. Dudes like alex Song smh

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:31 am

So glad AVB has no votes lol

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:38 am

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:So glad AVB has no votes lol

CSpurs hasn't woken up yet. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:47 am

Fussball if by your own admission Klopp is going nowhere then who is your #2 option?

Neuro I included Xavi because he's been a name thrown around every so often, and with talks of his retirement (ie playing in the mls) I thought I might as well add him as an option.

I think Barca is currently at a crossroads, it could either behave like a normal club and take a route like the one suggested by fussball or it could double down the bet on possession football, but this weird mix we have right now is unsustainable.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:31 am

Well, if we want to stay realistic regarding Klopp not being getable then we also have to stay realistic with the squad and style which won't be overhauled dramatically bar adding a CB and GK either. So if we stay realistic and disregard theoretical scenarios like mine above, the best option would be to get a personality who automatically demands respect of this bunch of players. Tata's biggest problem is not tactics. His problem is that the squad has become tremendously lazy since Pep left. A nobody like Tata will never ever be able to make Messi and Co. sweat. It's not even his fault. It's human nature. If you are a student and there are 2 teachers who have the exact same knowledge of the topic but one is a boring unknown somebody and the other is a nobel prize winner, it's obvious who will demand automatic attention and respect.

So in this case forget Rodgers, Martinez, Valverde etc.

Xavi doesn't even have a coaching licence. Laughing

Bielsa is a freak and not compatible with a club like Barca. Overrated and stubborn as well. He's someone who you'd want to bring to your club to overhaul the fundamental system and implement a modern pressing game but after that you better move on quickly.

AVB, pls go. Laughing

De Boer, Luis Enrique and Laudrup (although unlikely as he isn't liked in Catalunya) would be the best choices under these circumstances as they used to be big name players, in case of Luis Enrique and Laudrup even legends which would automatically demand respect (Laudrup was one of Iniesta's childhood heroes for example) and in addition they are also all former Barca players and know the style of the club and what is demanded.

But overall I wouldn't like that. It would be just trying to cling to and immitate what Pep did which is futile. It's time to move on.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:00 pm

Whatever fussbal says, I propose the opposite. Afterall he thinks Pinto is better than Valdes, Tata was better than Tito, and a long etc off poor predictions and hindisghts.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:57 am

Bielsa is 99% the manager of Marseille next season so might as well cross him out.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:38 am

Emery.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:59 am

Who voted Brenton?! rofl

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:10 am

Klopp in an ideal world.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:51 am

Zubizarreta (sports director): "I really believe in Bartra, he'll be a great centre back when he's 27. He'll be one of the best." [esport3]

Our CB signing this summer. Laughing

Some more gems:

Zubizarreta: “If we review the teams of recent years and focus on the center backs, we see that the number isn't higher than three.”

Zubizarreta : "At Wembley we won the Champions League with Piqué and Mascherano as CBs. Then no one claimed that another CB is required."

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:24 am

Fußball wrote:Zubizarreta (sports director): "I really believe in Bartra, he'll be a great centre back when he's 27. He'll be one of the best." [esport3]

Some more gems:

Zubizarreta: “If we review the teams of recent years and focus on the center backs, we see that the number isn't higher than three.”

Zubizarreta : "At Wembley we won the Champions League with Piqué and Mascherano as CBs. Then no one claimed that another CB is required."

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

lol what a joke.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 am

It's getting better.

Zubizarreta: “I wouldn't change many things in planning of the team. We have a balanced team and a great mix of young and veteran players.”

Zubi. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:21 pm

I dont agree with the "style is dead" stuff at all, thats rubbish. The reason we are losing is because we are NOT playing our style correctly, not because it cant be done, but because no coach is committing to it, first because of absence now because of his own beliefs...there is no doubt, it is better to play a different style than our way incorrectly, but last 2 years we done none of either.

However, 33 crosses vs Granada is unacceptable...these types of facts, just like less possession vs Rayo and others..are unacceptable. It didnt look good and these numbers back it up if you ever needed it.

But to answer, it would be Klopp if its possible. I dont even like the way Dortmund play honestly, however I believe in his character and I believe he will have honesty and bravery to do what is necessary.

The character plus he at least has a clear, open plan and seems like he is a simple and logical guy.

Martinez interests me alot, but I am not confident he would command the respect his ability deserves. Plus I am quite nervous about these coaches who have coached players of a lower standard...just like Martino now, who seems like he is afraid to put big name players on the bench (Cesc, Mascherano, could argue Alba, 100% not me but some may say Neymar and Xavi) despite superior performances from lesser known ones.

For different reasons, I am not very interested in the others listed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:56 pm

I wouldn't appoint klopp if I was rossel for various reasons.

1.Klopp said a few months ago that he would be a tennis fan if he grew up watching Barcelona play lol... shows how much he values cryffian principles.

2.His teams are pure counter attacking teams. They struggle to break down parked buses. Aren't you having the same problem with Martino?

3. Pressing is integral part of his tactics and every single player need to contribute to it. I just can't see the likes of Messi, Neymar etc forming a successful pressing team. It is easier on bvb because those youngsters would do anything he asks.. Can we expect the same from superstars?

4. do anyone think Borrusia injury list is just a coincidence? His team runs the most in a year. Every single player runs 13 km per game. Bvb's injury list is directly proportional to klopps tactics.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:33 pm

http://bucket1.clanacion.com.ar/anexos/fotos/96/liga-de-espana-1866796w310.jpg

Papers gotta sell I guess
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:03 pm

Anyone other than Tata, tbh.
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:44 pm

MaraVilla wrote:
Fußball wrote:Zubizarreta (sports director): "I really believe in Bartra, he'll be a great centre back when he's 27. He'll be one of the best." [esport3]

Some more gems:

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Wtf, so its seems like if this guy isnt sacked we wont be getting a new CB ever?

lol what a joke.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next