What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job?

+5
free_cat
Winter is Coming
CBarca
windkick
BarrileteCosmico
9 posters

Go down

What does Martino need to win in order to keep his job?

What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_lcap0%What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_lcap36%What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_lcap9%What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_lcap0%What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_lcap27%What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_lcap27%What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Empty What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 am

Discuss. :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Empty Re: What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job?

Post by windkick Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:18 am

I say he needs to be given the chance to build the team he wants; not use the one he inherited. And I wouldn't be surprised if the club didn't let him do any moves in the winter due to all the scandal thats going on with the Nerman case (which is still going on mind you). In the summer we spent 100M apparently on Nerman, and Tata arrived when the window was almost over and started to work with what he has. He's beat City at the Ethiad and won his first Clasico and also beat a game Ateltico for the Super Copa. He's also in the final of the Copa del Rey. He should know now what each player is capable of of seeing them all for the first time in person, more than half a season in now. Plus mind you, it's his first job ever in Europe; and he had to deal with no Messi for like 2 months there about. Then no Nerman a big chunk of the games when Messi was actually fit (Messi wasn't even fit to start the season). So given all those obstacles he's faced, I would say he's not doing so bad.

So let's see what he decides to do in the summer.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job? Empty Re: What objectives need to be met in order for Martino to keep his job?

Post by CBarca Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:35 am

Deserves another year regardless of how this year turns out. This team is in need of some obvious, glaring changes and I think he deserves the opportunity to make the changes he needs in the summer and build on what he has right now. As windkick said, he was kind of thrown into this job pretty late on and didn't have a whole lot of opportunity to really make it his. He's been working with what we have.

I wouldn't like to get rid of him until we can see with what he can do with the people he has and the people he doesn't have. So I say he gets another year regardless.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:44 pm

He needs time. Most importantly backing of the board and them actually purchasing a CB. With the whole Nerman thing, now we know why we couldn't buy a new CB and the club made Puyol return from injury being our new CB.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:07 pm

CBarca wrote:Deserves another year regardless of how this year turns out. This team is in need of some obvious, glaring changes and I think he deserves the opportunity to make the changes he needs in the summer and build on what he has right now. As windkick said, he was kind of thrown into this job pretty late on and didn't have a whole lot of opportunity to really make it his. He's been working with what we have.

I wouldn't like to get rid of him until we can see with what he can do with the people he has and the people he doesn't have. So I say he gets another year regardless.

Tata is responsible for not bringing a new CB. He discarded a signing when he came in and again in winter. He won't do major changes also next summer because he believes this group of players to be the best. He is not the man to be in charge if he can't get this players to win titles. If he doesn't win a major title, he should go IMO.

I voted for "none, if the football is of high quality he can stay regardless of the titles". However, so far we've seen the worst football since 2007/08 under Tata and we've adopted a resultadist way. So, if this doesn't change a lot until the end of the season, he needs titles to stay, as he has chosen the resultadist way.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:27 pm

Its not about titles, its about the process and how we go about it. You cant always win and sack a coach when you dont win, however its about how the season progressed. So far it's been mixed, if it continues I am ok with another chance next season but I am quite concerned by the lack of progress in some areas.

I wont excuse him for not signing a CB when he goes out and says we dont need one.

Has to insist on improving the squad, if he doesnt, then its on him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:16 am

So far so good!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:00 am

Needs to sell Pique. Or at least bench him forever as he probably doesn't have the power to sell him.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:07 am

I dont like sacking a coach just after a season no matter what he did. So ofcourse i dont ......
but cant hide my anger for not buying CB which could solve some of our problems immediately.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:12 am

free_cat wrote:
CBarca wrote:Deserves another year regardless of how this year turns out. This team is in need of some obvious, glaring changes and I think he deserves the opportunity to make the changes he needs in the summer and build on what he has right now. As windkick said, he was kind of thrown into this job pretty late on and didn't have a whole lot of opportunity to really make it his. He's been working with what we have.

Tata is responsible for not bringing a new CB. He discarded a signing when he came in and again in winter. He won't do major changes also next summer because he believes this group of players to be the best. He is not the man to be in charge if he can't get this players to win titles. If he doesn't win a major title, he should go IMO.

I voted for "none, if the football is of high quality he can stay regardless of the titles". However, so far we've seen the worst football since 2007/08 under Tata and we've adopted a resultadist way. So, if this doesn't change a lot until the end of the season, he needs titles to stay, as he has chosen the resultadist way.

I don't like to talk too much in regards to transfers. Yes, he said we don't need a CB, but perhaps he said it because we didn't have the funds to bring in a top CB and we could only really bring in a "decent" player at best- so, since that would only marginally improve the team, he put confidence in his backline saying we don't need one. I don't know the full story, so I don't like to comment, though it is true he hasn't gone out of his way to get a CB (it seems).

As for the football. It's been inconsistent. I think at times under Tata we've played our best football since 2011, I really do. At times we've played our worst football since 2007-2008. Most of the time, it's been in between.

The Franchise wrote:Has to insist on improving the squad, if he doesnt, then its on him.

I would agree with this. My take on it is that he deserves another season to make this happen. We've seen some good things, we've seen some bad. I'd like to give Tata another season to get the good things to keep happening and improve on them, and then of course, to fix the bad things. Patience is a virtue, and look at Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers to see that, as they were in a similar situation. They still have things to improve, but they've improved leaps and bounds after being patient with Rodgers, and both Liverpool and Rodgers deserve credit for that.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down