Vibe
Donuts
Red Alert
Art Morte
VanDeezNuts
35 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Is away goals rule counter-productive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is away goals rule counter-productive?

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:53 pm

Swagg wrote:The away goals rule is stupid and should be removed..

ET and/or penalties are exciting.. Once it goes to ET, it should start back at 0-0

I mean, going back to 0-0 is just semantics. It effectively goes back to nil nil anyway as AET means a tie score... (whether in the game or on aggregate).

Play the 2 games, decide the winner by who has more goals, end of.

The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is away goals rule counter-productive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is away goals rule counter-productive?

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Maybe my wording was wrong, but what I mean is that the away goals rule still being in effect in ET (for example as seen in the Inter and Spurs game today) is ridiculous
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:03 pm

oh, ofcourse... its a no brainer that in the added period, the away goal should mean nothing.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:38 pm

Before today, I actually thought the away goal rule did not apply in extra time, because it's just so unfair. I mean if you look at the Inter-Tottneham game, Tottenham had 120 minutes to score an away goal while inter had 90. How is that fair? Mad
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:45 am

Bump
Throw that away rule and let's all have more fun  :coffee: 

Some games are so promising and then turn out to be a borefest that only a BIG football fanatic could watch .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:46 am

Removing the away goal rule wouldn't have changed today's match, so I don't see why this is being bumped. Chelsea still would have approached the match as they did and Atleti still would have struggled to create chances.

If anything, Chelsea's approach today it probably what we'd see MORE of if the away goal rule was removed, as it completely ignored that aspect of the tie.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:50 am

Removing this rule means increasing the matches with parking bus of course, because the 0-0 would be definitely a GOAT result and not unsafe result. While tying with goals away can help much, and it changes really the things.

I ' d change just the rule in extra time ... as above remembered by LeSwagg James , still upset Very Happy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:52 am

Agreed, the only change I would make is that if it reaches ET then away goals no longer count extra.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:12 am

RedOranje wrote:Removing the away goal rule wouldn't have changed today's match, so I don't see why this is being bumped.  Chelsea still would have approached the match as they did and Atleti still would have struggled to create chances.

If anything, Chelsea's approach today it probably what we'd see MORE of if the away goal rule was removed, as it completely ignored that aspect of the tie.

Exactly. the away goal rule is there so that we have to witness less games like yesterday.

Removing it in ET would be good though, I agree.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4