Where does Mata rank among the elite AM's?

+34
Lunatic Fringe
ToEy
TheRedStag
Toffer Harley
Rebelles.REUS.rex
ExtremistEnigma
Kick
The Sanchez
alexander mahone
LeBéninois
The Franchise
McAgger
Rebaño Sagrado
Lex
ronalessi
Kaladin
urbaNRoots
iNFINITY9910
juventus101
VivaStPauli
futbol
Highburied
Firenze
halamadrid2
RealGunner
Milan31
Mr Nick09
DeletedUser#1
Abramovich
Onyx
VanDeezNuts
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Gil
38 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where does Mata rank among the elite AM's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where does Mata rank among the elite AM's?

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:I would at this point say that Silva is a better playmaker though
very true, i like to say that Mata is a forward, while Silva is a midfielder to emphasize on how much more direct he is compared to Silva.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Where does Mata rank among the elite AM's? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where does Mata rank among the elite AM's?

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:16 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I would at this point say that Silva is a better playmaker though
very true, i like to say that Mata is a forward, while Silva is a midfielder to emphasize on how much more direct he is compared to Silva.

Yea. If we make them play CM and CAM, Silva would do better as a CM while mata would do better as a CAM.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:19 pm

true, if not for the fact that both have a combined work rate of ronaldo. Mata is very accustomed to playing on the wings. i still think he is a better alternative to Silva for the NT, given his directness. he can create much more troubles on the right wing than silva
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:20 pm

Silva controls games better than Mata imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:28 pm

Silva has been non existent for over a year, he's been found out like Aguero has.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:28 pm

When Chelsea played Man City, Silva controlled the game better.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:When Chelsea played Man City, Silva controlled the game better.

Cabaye controlled large majority of our game against Chelsea and Mata only appeared for 10 mins max in the game is he better than Mata too?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:35 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Silva has been non existent for over a year, he's been found out like Aguero has.

can't tell if that's a joke or not hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm deadly serious, Aguero has been worse than Cisse this year and we all know how bad he's been.

While Silva hasn't shown anything like Mata has shown this season since December 2011.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:37 pm

Uh, not even close to Top 3 in my opinion. Mata barely makes Top 10. I rank Iniesta, Gotze, Ozil, Kroos, Silva, Shaqiri and Cazorla all ahead of him. Ibra too, but hes more of a SS/CF hybrid but can play as a #10. Fabregas would be ahead of him too if you consider him an AM. Havent followed Holtby since his Tottenham kove, but for Schalke in the first half of this season i wouldve placed him higher than Mata too, at least when he was still trying. Matas still a great player, but nore on Oscar, Holtby, Cazorla, Shaqiris level (the second tier), and even on the tail end of those guys, besides Oscar. Dont see him ever breaking into the fitst tier either. Kagawas another one that is definutely anove jim, though i havent followed him since his injury.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I'm deadly serious, Aguero has been worse than Cisse this year and we all know how bad he's been.

While Silva hasn't shown anything like Mata has shown this season since December 2011.

But that doesn't mean Aguero has been found out. That sounds like he was a scrub who was glorified.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Nah just means he's off form. He'll regain it playing with Ronaldo next year. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:44 pm

Its very hard to judge because Silva always had brilliant forwards around him to work with. So he can be more smooth in a way. Before coming to MC he had Villa if my memory is right... and then he had the likes of Tevez, Aguero and etc. Where as Mata had Torres... the best forward ever! Very Happy I used to rate Silva very highly but recently he has been quite inconsistent. Don't know if its the manager or himself though.. But still a player I like to watch.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:45 pm

Suppose i'm just sick and tired of rating players on rep instead of what they are actually doing on the pitch because if we did then Silva shouldn't be in this discussion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:47 pm

I don't watch every Man City and Chelsea game. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Mata not better than Shaqiri? what's wrong with people on this forum
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:51 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Mata not better than Shaqiri? what's wrong with people on this forum

That is just one person tbf, one seriously disturbed person who likes Bundesliga and Serie A an awful lot.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:54 pm

Top 5 for me alongside Kroos, Götze, Fabregas and Mkhitaryan.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:03 pm

Can Iniesta be considered an AM or is he more central?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Shaqiri has been excellent this season, and i see nothing all that special about Mata. Mata also has a habit of disappearing in the big games.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:08 pm

juventus101 wrote:Shaqiri has been excellent this season, and i see nothing all that special about Mata. Mata also has a habit of disappearing in the big games.

I absolutely love Shaqiri but he's not even close to the names that are mentioned in this thread. Just let it go.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:14 pm

Saw mata yesterday vs utd, looked pretty good to me.

and name me one player that doesnt disappear in big games lol. they all do.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:19 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:name me one player that doesnt disappear in big games lol. they all do.

:bow:
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:35 pm

Mata is comfortably better than Silva anywhere on the pitch. Off it too, I bet Mata would get ready faster coming off the subs bench than Silva
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:41 pm

ronalessi wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:name me one player that doesnt disappear in big games lol. they all do.

Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:41 pm

I would take Mata over Silva any day. Imo he's better already.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next