Where does RVP rank amongst the elite group of strikers?

+23
RebaƱo Sagrado
Lupi
alexjanosik
Great Leader Sprucenuce
The Franchise
Onyx
Vlad the Impaler
Ion Creanga
urbaNRoots
juventus101
Valkyrja
REWB
Adit
S
Nirgall
Dnmac4
CBarca
BarcaLearning
McAgger
VendettaRed07
Red Alert
Luca
Gil
27 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where does RVP rank amongst the elite group of strikers? Empty Where does RVP rank amongst the elite group of strikers?

Post by Gil Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:45 am

I have him second behind Ibra. Anyone else agree?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Where does RVP rank amongst the elite group of strikers? Empty Re: Where does RVP rank amongst the elite group of strikers?

Post by Luca Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:48 am

Top tier. His past two seasons have been especially incredible.

Not a fan of how he left Arsenal but can't deny it.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Where does RVP rank amongst the elite group of strikers? Empty Re: Where does RVP rank amongst the elite group of strikers?

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:50 am

Dick move to go to United, but behind Ibra sounds about right. He's been ridiculously good in recent years.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:56 am

He's the best in the world. Right now at least. Ibra on paper is better, and certainly has a much better overall career.. but these past few years Van Persie plays matches as if there was a Disney movie writer scripting out the events of the match where he's the hero of each game. Its almost magical.

It physically hurt me to write that
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:12 am

Yeah I think RVP and Ibra are comfortably the two best STs in the world. Suarez, Cavani, Lewandowski, Falcao, etc are a tad bit behind.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:01 am

No yet up there but close...Im slow to catch uo and bit anti Man U factor Razz But Ill wait a bit longer to see if he can keep this up, is so its definitely up there.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:02 am

I agree, I put him right behind Ibra atm.

He's simply incredible right now. I don't like Man Yoo much but watching him is a joy.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:12 am

Uh I mean do you consider Messi a "striker" because RVP at times plays very close to a false 9. Even today would you say United were playing with 2 strikers or was RVP the false 9 and Welbeck the striker?

Also Falcao has had over 34 or more goals in the last 4 seasons. I know most people on here didn't watch those seasons and for whatever reasons which we don't need to get into think EPL goals are like super goals and count like twice as much as other goals.

RVP has had 1 season in his whole career with 34 or more goals. I think some perspective needs to be brought into this conversation.

Even when RVP played in Holland a very friendly league for goal scorers he never cracked more then 16 goals. At Arsenal he had over 25 goals once in 8 seasons.

I know I know he was injured, right? Well he played over 30 games in a season 6/8 seasons he was there.

Neymar for instance has already had over 40 goals in a season twice and is way more prolific for his national team.

Ibra had 35 goals in each of his last 2 seasons plus he's won 10 league titles in 4 different leagues with 6 different teams. That's incredible if you think about it.

The easiest way to judge where RVP fit's is to rank him among "forwards" as he really isn't a traditional striker and is probably more similar to Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra type players which is a compliment by the way.

So I would say he's probably 6th behind Messi, Ronaldo, Ibra, Neymar and Falcao.

You can't just ignore all the trophy-less seasons or not great goal returns especially when the guys he's being compared to all have won tons of trophies. The guy has had a long career already.

I will say this though and it's probably the best compliment you could give him. He would make any starting 11 in the world. There is no team out there that he wouldn't immediately slot right into and no league he wouldn't rip up right now.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:18 am

I also rank him only behind Ibra.

I assume we are deliberately omitting messi and Ronaldo although I consider both of them to be strikers at the moment.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:21 am

Lol. Neymar better than RVP. Dead.

This is the same guy who said Damiao was better only a couple of months ago and wasnt trolling.

And RVP isn't a False 9. He's just technically gifted, can't be a false 9 or whatever when you're playing in front of a #10.

Nirgall wrote:I also rank him only behind Ibra.

I assume we are deliberately omitting messi and Ronaldo although I consider both of them to be strikers at the moment.
Both players are positionless tbh.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:25 am

BarcaLearning wrote:No yet up there but close...Im slow to catch uo and bit anti Man U factor :PBut Ill wait a bit longer to see if he can keep this up, is so its definitely up there.
Eh? He's only 4 goals away from becoming the 10th highest scorer in PL history.

And that's even with the injury issues up until the last 2/3 years.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:28 am

Gil wrote:Lol. Neymar better than RVP. Dead.

This is the same guy who said Damiao was better only a couple of months ago and wasnt trolling.

And RVP isn't a False 9. He's just technically gifted, can't be a false 9 or whatever when you're playing in front of a #10.

From my point of view Messi and ronaldo are both strikers. Messi just drops deep often and Ronaldo starts from the left.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:46 am

Should stop putting Messi and Ronaldo in different categories.I have almost gotten tired of seeing it.People just want to exclude them both because then there would be a 'fairer' comparison between the remaining elite strikers in the world.

I categorize them as strikers as well.

Which means RVP's in the elite tier behind Messi,Ronaldo and Ibra.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:17 am

Gil wrote:Lol. Neymar better than RVP. Dead.

LOL, I mean what are you judging them by? Ā Neymar is head and shoulders better on his national team and already has more 40 goals seasons in 2 then RVP does with 0.

Don't give me the league crap either, RVP played in Holland where a guy like Altidore can score 30 goals and Suarez can score 50.

You want to talk trophies? Ā Neymar already beats him there in about less than half the seasons. Ā Not to mention he's won some pretty big ones with the Copa Libertadores, and Confederations cup plus the Brazilian league trophies.

I mean there really isn't much RVP is better at then Neymar, can you at least give give a couple reasons why RVP is better than just "LOL Dead"? Ā And no, RVP plays in the EPL isn't a reason is just Premfaceness.

Oh and BTW Damiao already has the same amount of 35+ goal seasons in 4 seasons played as Van Persie does in 13.

Not to mention he's also won a Copa Libertadores and scored in a Copa Libertadores final. Plus he was the top Scorer in the Olympics.

Not too bad for 4 professional seasons played huh? I mean some people may thing that having 50 more goals in his first 4 seasons then RVP may mean something and Neymar having 90 more but we wont get into that. But you know it's not Europe and the great dutch league so I guess it doesn't count.

And yes Neymar has passed over Damiao in the last calendar year. That isn't a terrible thing and doesn't mean Damiao will not be great. And BTW I said a year ago that Damiao is better suited to play in Europe right away then Neymar. Which I still don't think is that big of a stretch obviously it doesn't matter as Damiao is not in Europe so until he goes it's pointless to speculate any more.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:13 am

He is a tier below Ibra.

And has yet to have a good CL campaign..He has had his ''big game flops'' in CL for last two seasons.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mƶnchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:17 am

S wrote:Should stop putting Messi and Ronaldo in different categories.I have almost gotten tired of seeing it.People just want to exclude them both because then there would be a 'fairer' comparison between the remaining elite strikers in the world.

ibra in messi ronaldo tier? lol

ibra is closer to rvp,etc than he is to messiron
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:08 am

I'd say top 5. Ibra, Suarez, Cavani, Falcao are better, him being the 5th.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:10 am

There is no Messi-Ronaldo tier. There is just Messi. Then a huge gap between him and the rest. Then Ronaldo, Ribery, Ibra, and maybe 1 or 2 others (such as an on form Robben) are second tier. RVP I place in the third tier, but still probably the third best striker after Messi and Ibra. And I don't consider Ronaldo a striker. Then again, I only consider him third because hes consistent. If Rooney, Tevez, Aguero, and Suarez would be able to more consistently perform at their best levels I would also place them above him. Cavani and Falcao are simply #9's, not complete enough in my opinion. And Lewandowski and Mandzukic need to prove themself for more than one season.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:15 am

Shut up Juve101
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:16 am

Adit wrote:He is a tier below Ibra.

And has yet to have a good CL campaign..He has had his ''big game flops'' in CL for last two seasons.
Lol.

You're criticizing RVP for being sub par in the CL but he's a tier below Ibra who's never had an above average one?

They're in the same tier you clown.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:18 am

Valkyrja wrote:I'd say top 5. Ibra, Suarez, Cavani, Falcao are better, him being the 5th.
LOL.

RVP is the best 9 in the World. Scores as many as those other scrubs you mentioned and is a much more complete footballer.

In what way are Falcao, Cavani & Suarez better?

I'll wait.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:22 am

Gil wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:I'd say top 5. Ibra, Suarez, Cavani, Falcao are better, him being the 5th.
LOL.

RVP is the best 9 in the World. Scores as many as those other scrubs you mentioned and is a much more complete footballer.

In what way are Falcao, Cavani & Suarez better?

I'll wait.
More complete than Suarez, Cavani and Ibra ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:33 am

Messi/Ronaldo aside, only Ibra is better.

silent
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:00 am

REWB wrote:
S wrote:Should stop putting Messi and Ronaldo in different categories.I have almost gotten tired of seeing it.People just want to exclude them both because then there would be a 'fairer' comparison between the remaining elite strikers in the world.

ibra in messi ronaldo tier? lol

ibra is closer to rvp,etc than he is to messiron
I dint mean to rank them in terms of tiers..

All are elite strikers..Messi and Ronaldo are ahead of the pack followed by Ibra followed by RVP.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nirgall Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:53 am

The order of strikers goes as follows (space between names shows distance in quality):

1.Messi

2.Banega (because it's not his position otherwise would be better than Messi)
3.Ronaldo

4.Ibra

5.higuain (Came from River Plate, no wonder he is so good)
6. RVP

So, there you go. After proper scientific analysis, he is been proven to be the sixth best in the world.
Nirgall
Nirgall
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next