Sri
worms
rwo power
43 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Doping in Football - Page 2 Empty Re: Doping in Football

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:26 pm

AS today published that Alonso was taken off the Spanish list not because of an actual injury confirmed by the doctors or the player himself, but because a Real Madrid official told the RFEF that the player is "tired" and later alluded to a pubic injury, which was never confirmed. AS speculates that this obvious breach of protocol might be enabled because Alonso is the only player in the national team to have been at Real Sociedad during that time.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:58 pm

Westerveld says Sociedad injections were nothing to do with doping

The Dutch goalkeeper says that players regularly took injections at Aloeta but added that he believes they had nothing to do with doping

Sander Westerveld has said that he saw players using injections during his time at Real Sociedad but denied that it had anything to do with doping.

The former Liverpool goalkeeper spent four years at Aloeta from 2001 to 2005 and says he saw squad members receiving injections on a frequent basis.

“Of course at Real Sociedad there were players who received intravenous injections before and after games,” he told Voetball.

“I never saw or noticed anything unusual [about an injection] that someone would have received.”

Former Real Sociedad president Ianki Baidola recently claimed the club bought banned substances for six years between 2001 and 2007.

The-then chairman Jose Luis Astiazaran has denied the club were ever involved in any wrong-doing and Westerveld feels the intravenous injections never made him feel as though he was cheating in any way.

“I never noticed anything that would improve my performance particularly,” he said.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm

marottalad wrote:
fatman123 wrote:Theres been something about doping in AFL throughtout the last few weeks, is this the same guy?

i am mates with 1 of the essendon players and he said their is nothing to worry about.

Sh*ts hitting the fan now, the NRL hired someone to set up a doping comittie and one of the ministers said that this was going to get really serious
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:05 pm

http://www.4dfoot.com/2013/02/06/milan-implicated-in-fuentes-doping-drama/

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:10 pm

fatman123 wrote:
marottalad wrote:
fatman123 wrote:Theres been something about doping in AFL throughtout the last few weeks, is this the same guy?

i am mates with 1 of the essendon players and he said their is nothing to worry about.

Sh*ts hitting the fan now, the NRL hired someone to set up a doping comittie and one of the ministers said that this was going to get really serious

Shits going to get interesting in the next few weeks. All codes shitting bricks. As long as the a-league is clean im happy, apparently match fixing and drugs in the nrl. God knows what the AFL has done, cant see much match fixing in the afl, it's too hard. Hopefully this is all an over exaggeration, but the police and asada are saying they coming for people now because they have evidence and shit.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:02 am

Wow, this is actually no joke.. too bad justice will never be served, as Eufemiano Fuentes will have to choose between getting killed or naming the Spanish national team, Barcelona, etc...

The Spanish learned well from what happened to Serie A I guess, and are fighting for their lives.

They found like 200 blood samples from Fuentes, but the court doesnt want to ask Fuentes about them, even tho he says/said he could name them all. But now with the death threats its all over so...

This is kinda anoying, because now I cant look at Barca or their national team and be so amazed anymore, specially when we will probably never find out if they were/are drugged etc.

Should be like in Italy, guilty until proven innocent :coffee:
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:37 am

Eivindo wrote:Wow, this is actually no joke.. too bad justice will never be served, as Eufemiano Fuentes will have to choose between getting killed or naming the Spanish national team, Barcelona, etc...

The Spanish learned well from what happened to Serie A I guess, and are fighting for their lives.

They found like 200 blood samples from Fuentes, but the court doesnt want to ask Fuentes about them, even tho he says/said he could name them all. But now with the death threats its all over so...

This is kinda anoying, because now I cant look at Barca or their national team and be so amazed anymore, specially when we will probably never find out if they were/are drugged etc.

Any proof for concluding Barca in this? Otherwise I'd say -25% for provoking.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:14 am

Eivindo wrote:Wow, this is actually no joke.. too bad justice will never be served, as Eufemiano Fuentes will have to choose between getting killed or naming the Spanish national team, Barcelona, etc...

Umm, you do realize Milan are implicated and Barca and the Spanish NT are not at this point in time, right? scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:26 am

Collblanc wrote:

Any proof for concluding Barca in this? Otherwise I'd say -25% for provoking.

im not worthy of ur excellent rep.... yet
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:36 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Umm, you do realize Milan are implicated and Barca and the Spanish NT are not at this point in time, right? scratch

The Milan implications were dismissed, apparently there is a guy called "Milan" and not the club
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:22 am

A guy called Milan that ordered as many units as the entire team of Real Sociedad? Doesn't that seem a little excessive to you?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:04 am

I'm sure certain teams (I will not state names, but I think we can all take a guess to who some of them are :coffee: ) are doping for sure.. I bet they're taking EPO, which I have said in a previous thread increases the number of red blood cells in the blood and thus oxygen transportation to tissues.. I'm not too sure about players taking steroids to bulk up and stuff though, maybe really skinny players get 'fed' it by their teams
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:05 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:A guy called Milan that ordered as many units as the entire team of Real Sociedad? Doesn't that seem a little excessive to you?

It isn't necessarily a guy could be an organization or a group of people.

http://acmilan.com/it/news/breaking_news_show/36509

Anyway its here where they dismissed having any relations with these guys
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:04 am

Please stay civil. I will come down on everybody who starts insulting rival clubs etc. You can discuss things rationally and politely, but as soon as name calling and slander starts, I will not be amused. Consider this your only warning; next will be -25%.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:30 am

El Shaarawy wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:A guy called Milan that ordered as many units as the entire team of Real Sociedad? Doesn't that seem a little excessive to you?

Well similarly Real Sociedad's ex-president denied any sort of doping allegations on the club.So just because Milan have claimed to not have any sort of links via their website doesnt mean its gospel truth.This is not transfer news we're talking about here.

In the document 'RSoc' clearly refers to Real Sociedad,i dont think it could be anything else here.What else could 'Milan' refer too when its clearly stated that Fuentes supplied 40 units of GH to this particular entity named 'Milan'.Is there any cycling organization named Milan ? I really doubt it.This case mainly revolving around some of well known cyclists during that time but Fuentes has also said that he was actively treating footballers with doping injections too so we have to see what comes out of this(He's also said he may not have to reveal those names in court).Fuentes will anyways confirm in court what those abbreviations mean.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

Surag wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

Well similarly Real Sociedad's ex-president denied any sort of doping allegations on the club.So just because Milan have claimed to not have any sort of links via their website doesnt mean its gospel truth.This is not transfer news we're talking about here.

In the document 'RSoc' clearly refers to Real Sociedad,i dont think it could be anything else here.What else could 'Milan' refer too when its clearly stated that Fuentes supplied 40 units of GH to this particular entity named 'Milan'.Is there any cycling organization named Milan ? I really doubt it.This case mainly revolving around some of well known cyclists during that time but Fuentes has also said that he was actively treating footballers with doping injections too so we have to see what comes out of this(He's also said he may not have to reveal those names in court).Fuentes will anyways confirm in court what those abbreviations mean.

There are a lot of organizations in Milan, wouldn't be surprised if i saw cycling organization or swimming team :coffee: . i.e. There's a club in Brazil called Milan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esporte_Clube_Milan . Of course this doesn't rule out Milan, i'd just think this necessarily doesn't have to be AC Milan.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:22 pm

http://www.calcioweb.eu/2013/02/notizia-shock-dalla-spagna-sul-milan-cala-lombra-del-doping/51516/

From this article,this is what Javi Moreno ex-Milan players says in an interview to AS:

When I was in Milan , turned strange pills in the refectory, and I saw with my own eyes more than one player submitted IV in the range of games. " The Spanish striker then recalls an episode, which, if confirmed, could prove explosive: "In January, when we met ' Udinese ,we had to play Roque Junior.These, however, refused to submit to a drip on Friday and was sent to the stands, with the threat of being transferred to a junior team.

Poorly translated but i get the gist of it.

And Esporte Club Milan Laughing .Stadium capacity of 1000 lol..I'm sure the cost of those doping injections would be higher than their entire team's wage bill Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 pm

I decided to move this topic into the Clean Debate section as it is to interesting to run the danger of having it blow up one day. So far people have kept debating nicely and I wish this will continue here like this Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:58 pm

Nadal: “Operation Puerto” doctor should name names

Rafael Nadal tells L’Equipe (English translation here) that Eufemiano Fuentes, the doctor at the center of the “Operation Puerto” trial, should be allowed to name all athletes he knows have doped.

The judge has so far refused to allow Dr. Fuentes to discuss names outside of cycling, but Fuentes has said that he treated soccer players at his Madrid clinic. Fuentes has not been asked to reveal the code names attached to the 200 blood bags he was found with in 2006.

Fuentes told the court that in 2006, “I worked with all types of athletes. Footballers, athletes, cyclists, boxer and tennis players.”

Fuentes is said to be behind one of sports’ largest blood doping rackets.

"What’s happening right now in Spain in a court of law, is something that I don’t understand," said Nadal. "I don’t understand why doctor Fuentes doesn’t give names. I don’t understand why the judge doesn’t ask him to name them. That has disappointed me…It would be best if the doctor just tells them and those who are caught, suffer the consequences. I don’t know why they don’t go right down to the bottom of it all. We need to cleanse it properly. I have heard that this doctor has worked with foreign athletes but because the doctor is Spanish, the prejudice is mainly aimed at Spanish sports people. As a Spanish sports person, this affects me badly. Because of people like [U.S. cyclist Lance] Armstrong, all our reputations are in doubt."
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:20 pm

Ok AC Milan buy dope
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:53 pm

we are obviously doped, or we wouldnt be tearing it up like we have in recent years hmm

dont think we have players showing anything out of the ordinary when it comes to running, only fulllbacks are insane, but thats for most top teams (ofc isnt evidence enough, but that would be some lousy dope)

barcelonas pressing and intens off the ball movement defensively has always fascinated me, and made me tired just by looking at them. they have some secret way of doing cardio? or is it just having lighter, smaller player? hmm is it enough to say that when they have the ball, the other team gets much more tired than they do, like they dont have to move around a lot to find spaces?

JUST SAYING relax ffs
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:09 pm

Eivindo wrote:we are obviously doped, or we wouldnt be tearing it up like we have in recent years hmm

dont think we have players showing anything out of the ordinary when it comes to running, only fulllbacks are insane, but thats for most top teams (ofc isnt evidence enough, but that would be some lousy dope)

barcelonas pressing and intens off the ball movement defensively has always fascinated me, and made me tired just by looking at them. they have some secret way of doing cardio? or is it just having lighter, smaller player? hmm is it enough to say that when they have the ball, the other team gets much more tired than they do, like they dont have to move around a lot to find spaces?

JUST SAYING relax ffs

What is this nonesense?

Because you sucked for years you cant have been doping?

Because Real Sociedad were tearing everyone up to?

There is zero connection with Barca...what Barca did was common sense...you press for 8 seconds, keep the ball 70% of the time...if you lose the ball, your not tired because you just had it for 2 minutes.

Its common sense.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Eivindo wrote:we are obviously doped, or we wouldnt be tearing it up like we have in recent years hmm

JUST SAYING relax ffs

What is this nonesense?

Because you sucked for years you cant have been doping?

Because Real Sociedad were tearing everyone up to?

There is zero connection with Barca...what Barca did was common sense...you press for 8 seconds, keep the ball 70% of the time...if you lose the ball, your not tired because you just had it for 2 minutes.

Its common sense.

Saw this on a website, talking about the possibility whether that paper was talking about AC Milan.

Milan -> Rijkaard’s old club -> code name for Barcelona

:coffee:

Of course that is 99% false, but could be a possibility.

All kidding aside, there is a possibility that Milan is AC Milan, and if so, I would be disappointed, the document is from 2006, no? 2006/2007 CL No

Last edited by Casciavit on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:21 pm

Read the article which Franchise posted and look at that document carefully.It clearly shows 40 GH units supplied to this entity named 'Milan' dated back in the year 2005.

And where was Milan during that period ?They were one of the most dominant teams in the CL and you also went on to win it eventually in 2007.

If Rsoc is the codeword for Real Sociedad ,i think people would naturally assume the 'Milan' codeword in the document referring to AC Milan.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:43 pm

The director of Spain's anti-doping watchdog said on Thursday that the agency is “gathering information” about allegations that Real Sociedad players used performance-enhancing substances.

Wenger has also been keeping an eye on the trial of Eufemiano Fuentes, the doctor allegedly at the centre of a global sports doping scandal, and believes it could have far-reaching consequences.

“What I'm concerned about in the trial of the Spanish doctor is that he is in front of the justice just to see how he did the doping. They are not interested at all in who he has doped,” the Arsenal manager said
“They have found pockets of blood but they don't even ask who it belongs to.

The only thing we know is that the former chairman of Real Sociedad, who came out, is involved in that. The justice should go deeper.
“Honestly, I don't think we do enough in football. It is very difficult for me to believe that you have 740 players at the World Cup and you come out with zero problems.

“When you have a doping control at Uefa, they do not take blood, they take only urine. I have asked many times in Geneva [for that to be changed],” Wenger added. “Sometimes you have to wait for two hours after the game, so blood could be a lot quicker.

“We could go much deeper into control. I hope we do not have a big problem with doping, but we have to try to find out and see how deep we can go into control.

“That is absolutely massive, that is how far people are ready to go to win, in all sports, not just football. If you go to amateur level and do that test, only two per cent say they would take it. We are at the level where people are ready to do anything to win.

“Yes, I would support [blood testing]. Uefa is ready to do it, but it poses some ethical problems because everyone has to accept that they will check the blood and not everybody is ready to do that.”

“Look at psychological tests that have been done on people who are at the top in all sports. Ask them if they would take a product that would guarantee them a gold medal or a world championship but mean that they died in the next five years, and 50 per cent people of say they would take it. That is quite scary.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:14 pm

http://www.4dfoot.com/2013/02/09/doping-in-football-fifty-years-of-evidence/
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin