Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Doping in Football - Page 4 Empty Re: Doping in Football

Post by Twoism Wed May 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Pretty much every team in Serie A used drugs during the 90s and early 00. Parma used it, juve used it and countless otherts. of course deny such acusation was easy back then; if you dare to tell the truth, look at what happened to Zeman. Veron, Cannavaro, Almeyda freely admited to it and called those Vitamin.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Wed May 22, 2013 6:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:Zeman was banging about this back in 98 lol

Doping in Football - Page 4 Z56QjWE

The old man new :bow:

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by delaurentishotz Wed May 22, 2013 6:33 pm

I didn't make this up , just translated what the article was about.
This sunday there will be a documentary on Dutch television about the players of Juventus being doped.
delaurentishotz
delaurentishotz
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Pretty sure everyone dopes and that if FIFA suddenly started doing blood analysis quite a few teams would never recover their reputation.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 22, 2013 7:54 pm

Every top team used drugs and continues to use drugs... personally, i think drug use is rampant in almost all top pro sports in the world. It used to be frowned upon because it was very dangerous to your health back in the day. Today, it's actually no more dangerous than your average medication.

I think they should just legalize the safe ones personally.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 23, 2013 12:26 am

sportsczy wrote:Every top team used drugs and continues to use drugs... personally, i think drug use is rampant in almost all top pro sports in the world. It used to be frowned upon because it was very dangerous to your health back in the day. Today, it's actually no more dangerous than your average medication.

I think they should just legalize the safe ones personally.
I strongly doubt there is any "safe" doping medication. If you go for blood doping (EPO, CERA even using own blood etc) you raise the hematocrit and thus the danger of blood clotting (and thus embolism, strokes etc). If you go for hormones that induce muscle growth etc, you usually increase the danger of liver failure. Igf you go for fancy new stuff like "gene doping", the consequences are even mostly not understood.

When doing stuff like modifying selected proteins (stuff like PPARδ, PEPCK-C, IGF-1...), it is even less examined what possible repercussions the athletes might face, but in animal experiments, the mice showed multiple carcinomas in various organs additional to the (very high) perfomance enhancement.

If you say "well allow it, as the athlete can decide themselves what they want to do", the problem is that the short term effects might be fine and thus athletes who use the methods out-perfom "clean" athletes, but this would also mean that "clean" athletes have no real chance in the end. Thus they'd be faced by the decision either to accept they'd stay clean but mediocre, or they'd have to take the risk to take doping meds, too. I think outlawing doping meds is the better choice in that respect as it would at least make doping doubly risky and athletes would think twice about risking their health.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu May 23, 2013 1:31 am

lol creatine is allowed in Olympic games and everything based on that so it all starts here Smile
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 23, 2013 1:41 am

DeviAngel wrote:lol creatine is allowed in Olympic games and everything based on that so it all starts here Smile
I guess this might be as creatine is a substance that is contained in normal food anyway. You know that meat or fish contains around 2-7g of creatine per kg?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 23, 2013 1:45 am

rofl

Keep on acting like Juve are the only team ever to have doped players rofl

Typical post from an Inter fan
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu May 23, 2013 1:49 am

Well, I guess it is time to merge this thread with the Clean Debate doping thread as it is not actually about Juve, but about doping in general... Mind you, as soon as it is in the Clean Debate section, any trolling is punished harshly.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 23, 2013 1:52 am

Good idea rwo Thumbs up
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri May 24, 2013 4:55 am

Creatine should be fine. I mean come on EVERYONE uses it. It just makes your muscles filled with water, which could help your stamina i guess. nothing to do with your overall playing ability, if anything it could slow you down a tad bit.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:02 pm

Spain passes new anti-doping law

MADRID -- Spain passed a new anti-doping law on Thursday in an effort to clean up the country's tarnished image after the Operation Puerto case and boost Madrid's bid for the 2020 Olympics.

The new law approved by parliament includes the expansion of doping tests for athletes to night hours (11 p.m. to 6 a.m.) and costly fines for those who deal in doping substances. It also creates a new national anti-doping agency with greater autonomy and an additional focus on athletes' health.

Dealing in banned substances in Spain will lead to fines of up to $530,000. However, the law does not make doping a crime for athletes, just a sports violation subject to bans from competition.

The president of the Spanish Olympic Committee, Alejandro Blanco, said the law would help Spain increase its "credibility" in the effort against banned performance-enhancing substances and practices.

Madrid is competing with Istanbul and Tokyo for the 2020 Games. The IOC will select the host city on Sept. 7 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The new law was passed two days before the bid cities make presentations to national Olympic committees in Lausanne, Switzerland.

"We said that we would have a new anti-doping law before defending the candidacy before the members of the IOC in July and that's what has happened," said Blanco, who leads the Madrid bid. "It's a law that meets all the requirements of the World Anti-Doping Agency."

Spain's first anti-doping law was passed in 2006. The previous lack of doping legislation harmed Spain's image on doping and hampered police investigations like Operation Puerto. That case ended with the doctor at the center of the blood-doping ring, Eufemiano Fuentes, declared guilty and given a one-year suspended sentence for endangering the health of cyclists.

The judge's decision to destroy evidence that could have implicated athletes from other sports has been criticized by anti-doping authorities, who have appealed the ruling.

"This is the end of an opening phase and an indispensable step to bring us in line with other countries," said Ana Munoz, who will stay on as the director of the newly named Sports Health Protection Agency. "It's news that will strengthen the Madrid 2020 candidacy and guarantee that all clean athletes can compete under equal conditions."

Among measures on health, the new law requires sports facilities be equipped to handle emergencies related to heart and breathing problems.

ESPN

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Doping in Football - Page 4 Empty Drug use in football

Post by The_Badger Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:34 pm

FIFA's chief medical officer has claimed there is no culture of doping and drug use in football like in cycling, yet football doesn't have the same vigorous anti-doping program other sports do. His comments come after speculation in recent times of clubs paying for the use of doctors with skeptical reputations and the Operacion Puerto trial, which queried whether footballers were involved.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fifa-no-doping-in-football-8744162.html

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:18 pm

Topic merged to the Clean Debate Section topic on doping due to the delicacy of the subject and because it is too important to turn into a troll bait.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:09 pm

Laughing I have a strange feeling that participating in this thread cost me in warning level and possibly banning but as i didnt get what were they thinking by destroying over 200 blood samples in Spain , its shady ,shady but thats all i can say
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:03 am

IL Gladiatore wrote:Laughing I have a strange feeling that participating in this thread cost me in warning level and possibly banning but as i didnt get what were they  thinking by destroying over 200 blood samples in Spain , its shady ,shady but thats all i can say
Have they destroyed them now? I thought that decision was appealed? Do you have any sources?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:25 am

hmm Not a reliable source , I am still looking for 1 , but from what i read the appeal got rejected
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:08 am

Yeah, I haven't found anything reliable on that either. I'm still hopeful the decision to destroy the blood gets overruled.

BTW, as things look we have another big doping scandal in Germany now as a university was conducting a study about doping practices in Germany during the 60ies, 70ies and 80ies, which is supposed to be published soon and where the  the German football NT 1954 and 1966 was implicated among athletics and other usual suspects.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:54 am

Oh, by the way, Barca's announcement that Neymar was diagnosed with anemia lets my alarm bells ring as this is one of the diagnoses that would call for the use of EPO to remedy it. (Or where it would be normal to find a higher concentration of erythropoetin in the blood as the kidneys produce it when there is not enough oxygen in the tissues, which is a usual effect of an anemia or lack of sufficient red blood cells).

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/08/05/4165625/barcelona-confirm-neymar-has-anaemia?ICID=HP_HN_2
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:32 pm

rwo power wrote:Oh, by the way, Barca's announcement that Neymar was diagnosed with anemia lets my alarm bells ring as this is one of the diagnoses that would call for the use of EPO to remedy it. (Or where it would be normal to find a higher concentration of erythropoetin in the blood as the kidneys produce it when there is not enough oxygen in the tissues, which is a usual effect of an anemia or lack of sufficient red blood cells).

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/08/05/4165625/barcelona-confirm-neymar-has-anaemia?ICID=HP_HN_2

Agreed. It could be a dirty technique to dope him. I am pretty sure that Barcelona has a quite rich history when it comes about treatments with EPO. There are so many strange rumours about this.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:33 pm

Well, I'm really curious about the study about German sports that was mentioned in the SZ this weekend.

Frankly, by now I more or less think that the number of truly clean athletes in professional sports world-wide is rather limited...

If you can read German or want to try your luck with an online translator, here you go:

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/studie-doping-in-deutschland-zweckentfremdung-irrefuehrung-betrug-1.1738822

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/bundesinstitut-fuer-sportwissenschaft-doping-bericht-wird-online-veroeffentlicht-1.1739050

Additional here's a video (also in German, sorry) where some German sports big wig (DOSB general director Michael Vesper) states that he doesn't believe that the indications about the German football NT in 1966 are supposed to be connected with doping.
http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/dosb-generaldirektor-michael-vesper-doping-in-westdeutschland-anders-als-in-der-ddr-1.1738878
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:13 pm

There are rumors out there that several key Brazil NT players were doped up for the confed cup... and are now paying the price as their bodies are reacting badly.  Namely, their immune systems have been greatly weakened and they've been getting sick.  Others are suffering from great fatigue post getting doped up.

Hope this isn't true.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Hm. According to thje FIFA, the doping tests conducted before the start of the Confed Cup on all 23 players of each of the teams were negative.  

http://www.copa2014.gov.br/en/noticia/all-pre-fifa-confederations-cup-doping-controls-test-negative

During the event, one player from Tahiti was tested positiv, though.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/unnamed-tahiti-player-failed-doping-test-confederations-cup-161732200.html

I haven't found any further info, I'm afraid.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next