RealGunner
Jay29
REWB
60 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Arsenal Lobby - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsenal Lobby

Post by Jay29 Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:05 pm

That British core doesn't include Walcott, it seems.

Well, not like that's totally surprisingly.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:52 pm

Would prefer Walcott to be on that list. And while it's great that Ramsey is part of the British core, does he deserve a new deal?

I guess Wenger is giving him this new deal to prove himself.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:14 am

Ramsey's new deal can go either way. A new contract is a big show of faith and that might give him the confidence needed to improve. If he does, we've got him tied down.

However, if he doesn't improve, then he's been rewarded for nothing and might be hard to get rid of because of higher wages.

It's risky and the timing is pretty bad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:16 am

As long as his wages are below 60k. We can still sell him because he can be a great player for a mid table club IF he fails with us.

I still believe he can get back to his best.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 am

RealGunner wrote:As long as his wages are below 60k. We can still sell him because he can be a great player for a mid table club IF he fails with us.

I still believe he can get back to his best.

At least he plays, what about Diaby he got a raise and never plays. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:25 am

This is an amazing article by Gary Neville

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2248779/Arsene-Wenger-stay-Arsenal-Gary-Neville.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-arsenalmail&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=socialnet-twitter-arsenalmail&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Few quotes

"But for George Graham, someone who has a greater knowledge of Arsenal than I will ever have, to be quoted as saying they will never win the league again leaves me stunned. I’ll be amazed if Arsenal Football Club never win another title. Honestly, I’d be just as surprised if tomorrow wasn’t Monday. It’s like saying Liverpool will never win another title. Of course they will. It’s a fact. Fifteen years ago who would have said that Chelsea or Manchester City would win a title? Things change. They move on."

"When I look back at the history of Arsenal, the club went 45 years before they won their first league title. And after dominating in the Thirties and then after the war, they went 18 years between 1953 and 1971 without a league title. And then another 18 years before the next title, which came under George Graham, in 1989. Arsenal are not a club like Real Madrid, Benfica or Celtic who should expect to win the title every year. They never have been."

"When Roberto Di Matteo was sacked three weeks ago, the same people who were saying they despised the madness of Chelsea are now saying that we need a change at Arsenal. What do we want? We just want a news story. We want more food in the blender."

"There’s nothing to say that if you change Arsene Wenger you’re going to be more successful. There’s nothing to say that if you spend £100million, like Liverpool did, you’re going to win the league."

"Manchester City and Chelsea have done superbly in recent years and between them have won four out of the last eight Premier League titles. But it has cost the best part of £2billion between them to do it. Are we saying Arsenal should do that?"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:39 am

Sina wrote:AW you Legend :bow: :bow: :bow:

4th highest wage but 15th in net spend Arsenal Lobby - Page 5 S_2410

Arsenal Lobby - Page 5 Screen10
great Wenger interview there.. he cant really stop being a father.. right ?
Gary Neville.. :coffee: he is so sensible to be from United...

Btw,.. anyone noticed ? We have the largest sales there.. selling club.. Smile
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:26 am

Benzema voted French player of the year. Giroud comes 4th. (Telefoot)
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Do you have a link for the full list?

I'm curious where Kos stands between players like Benz and Ribery. hmm

Giroud though :bow:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:52 pm

1. Karim Benzema, 2. Franck Ribéry, 3. Hugo Lloris, 4. Olivier Giroud, 5. Mathieu Valbuena.
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:17 pm

Leeds coach Neil Warnock defends Wenger and says club will finish in top 4 again.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/neil-warnock-now-its-up-to-us-to-keep-the-great-run-of-yorkshire-success-going-8418350.html
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinking.. Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:11 pm

http://goo.gl/QEFZG :facepalm: :brickwall:
Thinking..
Thinking..
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Thinking.. wrote:http://goo.gl/QEFZG :facepalm: :brickwall:

"It's like watching the girl you love f*cking your high school bully."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:46 pm

MJGunner wrote:
Thinking.. wrote:http://goo.gl/QEFZG :facepalm: :brickwall:

"It's like watching the girl you love f*cking your high school bully."

"It's like watching a two pence whore f*cking the highest bidder."

Fixed. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 am

Cruijff: Respect for Arsenal

Johan Cruijff's column in De Telegraaf. He talks about United and Arsenal and youth academy's at top clubs.

"I have a lot of respect for Manchester United & Arsenal, who have had one single manager for over 15 years."

"Someone like Sir Alex Ferguson, at United, is not only a man who has to perform, he also represents their norms and values."

"I have the same respect for Arsène Wenger, at Arsenal. I think it's unbelievably good how Arsenal have been at the top under Wenger's command, without having to record losses."

"Arsène has been able to identify with Arsenal. While around him in the Premier League huge losses have been made, Wenger improved the youth academy and scouting."

"He didn't do any crazy stuff in transfer windows. Wenger's work at Arsenal is an example for Ajax how to do it. Don't be influenced by others, but do what you do best."

"It can happen that a club has a bad time, like Arsenal now, but eventually they will get over it because of this formula."

"I can't imagine that Wenger's position is under discussion. He has organized the club so that they will overcome this."

Quotes from: http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/voetbal/buitenlands/21162341/__Column_Cruijff__Respect_Arsenal__.html
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:03 pm

Wenger: "I'm sorry to the 4,500 fans who travelled to Bradford & didn't see us qualify. We're really sorry." - http://bit.ly/UXaiL6
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Arsenal are close to announcing that a core of five British players have signed new five-year contracts with the club worth a staggering £71.2 million (€87.6m), Goal.com understands.
Jack Wilshere will join Aaron Ramsey, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Carl Jenkinson and Kieran Gibbs in the New Year in agreeing an improved deal that ties each of the players to Emirates Stadium until 2018.

Goal.com has learned that Arsenal will invest at least £71.2m (€87.6m) in the youthful home-grown quintet over the lengths of the agreements.

Ramsey, 21, Gibbs, 23, Oxlade-Chamberlain, 19, and Jenkinson, 20, have already agreed vastly improved terms on new contracts and they will soon be joined by club talisman Wilshere, 20, who revealed in an interview last week that he is close to signing a fresh deal.

Wilshere said: “I’m talking to the club and I will probably be committing my future to them in the next couple of weeks."

Sources have said that Welshman Ramsey has agreed a three-year extension to his current agreement, which expires in 2015, that will increase his salary to a basic £60,000-a-week (€74,000).

England internationals Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gibbs have been tied up on £52,000-a-week deals (€64,000), while Jenkinson’s five-year contract is worth £25,000-a-week (€31,000).

Wilshere is set to follow suit by penning an £85,000-a-week (€105,000) contract that will take the standard-bearer of the new generation into the top bracket of earners at Emirates Stadium. Wilshere’s current deal, signed in 2010, is worth £52,000-a-week (€64,000).

The quintet’s deals will all be topped up by performance-related bonuses for appearances, goals and clean sheets.

Arsenal plan to announce the contracts for the five Britons all together early in the new year when Wilshere puts pen to paper.

The club regards the commitment to the current crop of emerging stars as a significant coup, given the recent departures of Robin van Persie, Alex Song, Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, and the doubt surrounding the future of Theo Walcott, whose contract expires next summer.

The investment in Wilshere (£22.1m) (€27m), Ramsey (£15.6m) (€19.2m), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gibbs (both £13.5m) (€16.6m) and Jenkinson (£6.5m) (€8m) amounts to £71.2m (€87.6m) over the lengths of their contracts and will be potentially worth tens of millions of pounds more depending on the success of the players and the team.
However, there could be disquiet in some quarters at Arsenal, who lie eighth in the Premier League ahead of Monday night's trip to bottom-club Reading and were knocked out of the Capital One Cup by League Two side Bradford City last week, rewarding potential rather than performance.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Arsenal clash with West Ham threatened after Tube drivers announce Boxing Day strike

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2249424/Tube-strike-threatens-cause-Boxing-Day-chaos-football-fans.html#ixzz2FKULwwhp

Some good news, I had a bad feeling about playing 2 games in 2 days.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:01 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Sources have said that Welshman Ramsey has agreed a three-year extension to his current agreement, which expires in 2015, that will increase his salary to a basic £60,000-a-week (€74,000).

England internationals Oxlade-Chamberlain has been tied up on £52,000-a-week deal (€64,000), while Jenkinson’s five-year contract is worth £25,000-a-week (€31,000).

:facepalm:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm

What the hell have Ramsey and Chamberlain done to earn that sort of money.

Arsenal ffs :facepalm:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Arsenal pls
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:36 pm

Top Scorers 2012/13: Walcott 11 Podolski 8 Cazorla 7 Giroud 7 Gervinho 5
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 am

Raptorgunner wrote:Arsenal clash with West Ham threatened after Tube drivers announce Boxing Day strike

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2249424/Tube-strike-threatens-cause-Boxing-Day-chaos-football-fans.html#ixzz2FKULwwhp

Some good news, I had a bad feeling about playing 2 games in 2 days.

oh feck! Fecking tube strikes yet again... I usually love the boxing day games, we should be playing that day.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
Arsenal are close to announcing that a core of five British players have signed new five-year contracts with the club worth a staggering £71.2 million (€87.6m), Goal.com understands.
Jack Wilshere will join Aaron Ramsey, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Carl Jenkinson and Kieran Gibbs in the New Year in agreeing an improved deal that ties each of the players to Emirates Stadium until 2018.

Goal.com has learned that Arsenal will invest at least £71.2m (€87.6m) in the youthful home-grown quintet over the lengths of the agreements.

Ramsey, 21, Gibbs, 23, Oxlade-Chamberlain, 19, and Jenkinson, 20, have already agreed vastly improved terms on new contracts and they will soon be joined by club talisman Wilshere, 20, who revealed in an interview last week that he is close to signing a fresh deal.

Wilshere said: “I’m talking to the club and I will probably be committing my future to them in the next couple of weeks."

Sources have said that Welshman Ramsey has agreed a three-year extension to his current agreement, which expires in 2015, that will increase his salary to a basic £60,000-a-week (€74,000).

England internationals Oxlade-Chamberlain and Gibbs have been tied up on £52,000-a-week deals (€64,000), while Jenkinson’s five-year contract is worth £25,000-a-week (€31,000).

Wilshere is set to follow suit by penning an £85,000-a-week (€105,000) contract that will take the standard-bearer of the new generation into the top bracket of earners at Emirates Stadium. Wilshere’s current deal, signed in 2010, is worth £52,000-a-week (€64,000).

The quintet’s deals will all be topped up by performance-related bonuses for appearances, goals and clean sheets.

Arsenal plan to announce the contracts for the five Britons all together early in the new year when Wilshere puts pen to paper.

The club regards the commitment to the current crop of emerging stars as a significant coup, given the recent departures of Robin van Persie, Alex Song, Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri, and the doubt surrounding the future of Theo Walcott, whose contract expires next summer.

The investment in Wilshere (£22.1m) (€27m), Ramsey (£15.6m) (€19.2m), Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gibbs (both £13.5m) (€16.6m) and Jenkinson (£6.5m) (€8m) amounts to £71.2m (€87.6m) over the lengths of their contracts and will be potentially worth tens of millions of pounds more depending on the success of the players and the team.
However, there could be disquiet in some quarters at Arsenal, who lie eighth in the Premier League ahead of Monday night's trip to bottom-club Reading and were knocked out of the Capital One Cup by League Two side Bradford City last week, rewarding potential rather than performance.

MY GOD!!!

I seriously need to become a footballer.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:30 am

If I were Gibbs, I'd feel slightly pissed that Ramsey gets a higher pay rise than me
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:46 pm

The best news of the day.

Wenger: Gervinho will not be rushed back after African Cup of Nations

Wenger knows best. :bow:
Raptorgunner