urbaNRoots
Swanhends
LeBĂ©ninois
donttreadonred
Onyx
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position - Page 2 Empty Re: Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Zealous wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Harry Redknapp wrote:Ostracized in Madrid
Ostracized in Liverpool
Ostracized in Dortmund now

THE ONE AND ONLY OSTRACIZED ONE :bow:

Jibers pls go

Being benched by a superior footballer and being ostracized a two different things tbf.

At Madrid he was being benched by Lassana Diarra and Granero while at Liverpool it was Henderson and Allen.

At least he's being benched now by someone who is better than him which wasn't the case at Madrid and Liverpool.

Lass and Granero were starters at Madrid? lol wut

Nope but they were above Sahin in the pecking order.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position - Page 2 Empty Re: Sahin: Rodgers is playing me in the wrong position

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Sahin was injured for part of the season.

Also he can't really play alongside Alonso. Granero can since he can kinda go B2B and Lass is a DM.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Born and raised in Germany. rofl
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:47 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Sahin speaking out of his a**e here. Poor German talent, couldn't do jacks**t out of Bundesliga.
And what do english players do out of EPL? Surprised
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:26 pm

Donuts wrote:
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Sahin speaking out of his a**e here. Poor German talent, couldn't do jacks**t out of Bundesliga.
And what do english players do out of EPL? Surprised

Hey now, Joe Cole was great for Lille :coffee:
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:29 pm

GOOD GOD do you guys seriously want me to pull out my lengthy post explaining that Sahin only played 3 matches as AM for us.

The guys is a f*cking FLOP. Accept it already.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Did he do anything wrong when he was playing for him to be labelled a flop?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Did he do anything wrong when he was playing for him to be labelled a flop?

His best came during those 3 matches where he played AM. When he played CM, he FLOPPED big time. Allen was better and more productive than him so he was benched.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:40 pm

Did he play in a 4-2-3-1 with Lucas alongside him? That's where he would have been at his best imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:51 pm

It was a 4-3-3. Lucas was out for 3.5 months during that time. Allen was playing Lucas' role and Gerrard was the main CM. There's no way he could've benched Gerrard. The other CM/AM role was going to be given to Sahin and he played there for 3 games and did well. But then Shelvey/Gerrard were given AM/CM role and Sahin was given the CM role where he flopped in both PL and EL. So we decided to just stick Stevie there and play Hendo/Shelvey as the AM since Sahin was crying in training about not wanting to play AM. He wasn't good enough for CM or DM and didn't want to play AM. So he got ostracized.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Maybe Gerrard could've played CM/AM, since he's more attacking than Sahin.

What was Sahin's role when he played CM? To go B2B? Maybe he was given the wrong role.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Sounds like a baby to me. The little that I have seen of him, it wasnt much to write home about.

I remember when so many of the GL'ers were wanking about how nasty Sahin was... his first stint at Dortmund slightly warranted that treatment, but where has that form gone?
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Maybe Gerrard could've played CM/AM, since he's more attacking than Sahin.

What was Sahin's role when he played CM? To go B2B? Maybe he was given the wrong role.

Did you not read his post? Gerrard DID play at CAM a number of times to accommodate Sahin in a deeper role and Sahin failed to make any sort of impact there.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:16 pm

heres a great question, who do you rate higher, Shelvey or Sahin?
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:17 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Maybe Gerrard could've played CM/AM, since he's more attacking than Sahin.

When he played CM at the beginning of the season, it was the current Gerrard role. Deep lying, orchestrating play from deep, alongside/slightly ahead of the DM, and occasionally making runs forward to augment play in the final third. It wasn't quite a B2B because it was somewhat deeper and didn't have the final third responsibilities constantly,b ut was involved in both the attacking and defending phases. In essence, exactly what he wanted to be playing. He failed to have any effect on the game during the times he was played there, and was rightfully benched. The only bright moments he had for Liverpool were in the AM spot where he scored a few goals, but if he didn't want to play there, he simply was not good enough to bench even Joe Allen in his preferred spot. If that doesn't tell you enough, I'm not sure what would.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:20 pm

There has been no mention of Sahin since he moved to liverpool which pretty much sums it up.

I mean no offence to pool fans but they havent been the best team lately, and if Sahin, who was touted as one of the next great MFs cant break in or influence a 7th placed team at the time, then it speaks to his quality as a player IMO.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:22 pm

Kloppo will nurture Nuri Sahin back to form. Just you wait and see!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:26 pm

king_alex10 wrote:heres a great question, who do you rate higher, Shelvey or Sahin?

Does it matter? Sahin was complaining when played in the role (all but refusing to play there, it seems) and Shelvey isn't a starter.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:30 pm

Maybe he wasn't given enough time to adapt in his preferred role. I mean he barely played with Real Madrid last season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:35 pm

RedOranje wrote:

Did you not read his post? Gerrard DID play at CAM a number of times to accommodate Sahin in a deeper role and Sahin failed to make any sort of impact there.

Precisely!! Gerrard played CAM on multiple occasions at the start of the season and that was one of the main reasons he got some heat from the fans. He was playing an advanced role which didn't suit him well because he had lost most of his explosiveness. He was by far our best CM though.

Take it this way. Sahin wanted to play deep lying playmaker. BUT Gerrard was better than him. So then he wanted to play the DM spot. Lucas came back in November and both Allen and Lucas were better than Sahin at that position. That left the AM spot which he cried about so Hendo and Shelvey climbed ahead of him

CM: Gerrard >> Sahin
DM: Lucas/Allen >> Sahin
AM: Hendo/Shelvey >> Sahin

He was as useless a purchase as they come
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:09 pm

RedOranje wrote:
king_alex10 wrote:heres a great question, who do you rate higher, Shelvey or Sahin?

Does it matter? Sahin was complaining when played in the role (all but refusing to play there, it seems) and Shelvey isn't a starter.

Since shelvey isnt a starter, even more of a relevant question to ask. Im asking because if he cant break into the team an a non-starter like Shelvey (who strikes me as the type who does what the coach tells him) can get time over him, it will be more of an indicator of whether Sahin is a flop or not, especially considering the goal-legacy hype surrounding him circa 2 years ago.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:10 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Maybe he wasn't given enough time to adapt in his preferred role. I mean he barely played with Real Madrid last season.

Unless he was injured, it was probably because he wasnt better than the other players that they had.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:22 pm

As I said, Sahin did not want to play in the position(s) Shelvey played in, so it didn't come down to ability, it came down to mentality. Sahin basically decided for the manager that he'd be a bench/back-up player rather than play as a competitor to Shelvey. There's no doubt that Sahin is currently better than Shelvey and probably is more talented overall, but Sahin's refusal to accept that he plays for the team, rather than the other way around, is what decided the situation.

It's not that he couldn't necessarily break into the side on ability, but that he refused to take the chance to do so when it was offered.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:25 pm

the issue was lack of patience. Sahin had major knee surgery and hadn't played at all for a year. I think he played a total of 6 games at Madrid including preseason and exhibition over 15 months. He needed to get a 2 month run to get himself going. But given the loan deal without a buyback, there was no reason for Liverpool to give him that chance.

Marcelo is having the same issue right now at Madrid... except he only missed 2.5 months. We can't afford to play him into form. So we're going to wait until the exhibition season to get him going unless Coentrao drops his level.

just a lot of bad circumstances for Sahin. His quality is undeniable though. Dortmund can will get him going in the summer i to next year as well.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:26 pm

RedOranje wrote:As I said, Sahin did not want to play in the position(s) Shelvey played in, so it didn't come down to ability, it came down to mentality. Sahin basically decided for the manager that he'd be a bench/back-up player rather than play as a competitor to Shelvey. There's no doubt that Sahin is currently better than Shelvey and probably is more talented overall, but Sahin's refusal to accept that he plays for the team, rather than the other way around, is what decided the situation.

It's not that he couldn't necessarily break into the side on ability, but that he refused to take the chance to do so when it was offered.

OK. I see that. But to be fair, if you cant see that you are part of a team, you are less of a player than the others, regardless of ability. And furthermore, not trying to be combative, but for me a player that doesnt realize his talent when given the chance to is not as good as a player who has realized his potential albeit at a lesser level.
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:40 pm

I think we're arguing the same thing at this point, which is that Sahin simply wasn't a good player for LFC (whatever the reason).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next