Onyx
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
donttreadonred
danyjr
42 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks

Post by free_cat Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:16 am

eelir wrote:Well again even at 200 mil is worth it to get players such as Iniesta, Messi, Pedro, Busquets, Valdes, Thiago, Tello, Cuenca + sold ones like Bojan, Yefren and co.

It definitely is worth it, however the expenditure of the last 10 years is not anywhere near 200 milion, as in the begining of the 2000's we were spending less than half what we are spending now.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks - Page 3 Empty Re: Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:32 am

jibers wrote:
free_cat wrote:
baresi wrote:
Quality wise it is worth it, but to think you spent less; that I doubt. Since you also bought a fair number of players as well.

Barça closed the academy in Argentina, the only one abroad paid by the club.
The cost of the Masia is 20 milions per year including Barça B in the last years, it was less several years ago. (Data from Barça's official accounts).
However, Barça B is really not part of la Masia as they already play at professional level and they are senior players.
If you don't include Barça B, it's probably around those 10 milion per year that the article says.

:coffee:
Did you stop reading after that?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:29 am

Its really an amazing feat by Barcabut lets be honest here, the current success of The Masia is not a model that can be replicated, not even by Barca themselves. You could argue all day that a well run academy can produce top quality players, but the reality is, a player like Messi isnt something you can carefuly build, it's something that you stumble into. Sure having the right project can make all the difference, but the fact remains that The Masia was blessed with a golden generation rather than creating it.

Edit: Take the example of Ajax, 20 years ago their golden generation won the CL and their players continued to excell in europe after that team was disassembled, but where's their academy now ? sure they still produce top players but can they really win the CL again with the players they're currently producing ? i dont think so.

Last edited by zizzle on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:32 am

zizzle wrote:Its really an amazing feat by Barcabut lets be honest here, the current success of The Masia is not a model that can be replicated, not even by Barca themselves. You could argue all day that a well run academy can produce top quality players, but the reality is, a player like Messi isnt something you can carefuly build, it's something that you stumble into. Sure having the right project can make all the difference, but the fact remains that The Masia was blessed with a golden generation rather than creating it.

exactly. Xaviesta and Messi would have nade it nay other youth academy, they are that good.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:38 am

Messi was rejected by Newell's and River Plate, that's well known. You can argue now with the benefit of hindsight that his talent was there for everyone to see, but the fact of the matter is that 2 clubs decided he wasn't worth a shot.

Iniesta is exactly the kind of footballer that would've gotten rejected at many a number of clubs because of his poor physique. Xavi as well.

You can say that Barca are having a golden generation, true, I don't disagree with that, but there's a system in place that prioritizes technique over physique, that teaches the tactical concepts since age 7, and that molds the footballers in order to be prepared to play in first division at Barca with a seamless transition (rather than say, Real Madrid, where Castilla and Real don't play the same style so Mou doesn't feel comfortable promoting players). Let's not belittle these accomplishments.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:52 am

jibers wrote:
zizzle wrote:Its really an amazing feat by Barcabut lets be honest here, the current success of The Masia is not a model that can be replicated, not even by Barca themselves. You could argue all day that a well run academy can produce top quality players, but the reality is, a player like Messi isnt something you can carefuly build, it's something that you stumble into. Sure having the right project can make all the difference, but the fact remains that The Masia was blessed with a golden generation rather than creating it.

exactly. Xaviesta and Messi would have made it nay other youth academy, they are that good.

Agree to a certain extent.

However tbf players like xavi, puyol, iniesta weren't that good in their early 20s. They were nearly sold and now we are all drooling over them.

We'll have to wait and see if players like iniesta, xavi, puyol are a fluke bacause thiago, dealofeu, rafinha, batra all look very promising and show traits that resemble xavi, iniesta etc in their early days. Lets not forget there is like an 8 year age difference between xavi, puyol and cesc, busquets, messi for example.

--xavi--puyol = early 30s

-iniesta---valdes = 28-30

-messi---pique---cesc---pedro = 25

-alba--busquets = 23-24

-montoya--batra--tello--thiago = 21

Natural talent has a lot to do with La Masia success but tactics, training and philosophy shouldn't be underestimated in all this.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:03 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Messi was rejected by Newell's and River Plate, that's well known. You can argue now with the benefit of hindsight that his talent was there for everyone to see, but the fact of the matter is that 2 clubs decided he wasn't worth a shot.

Iniesta is exactly the kind of footballer that would've gotten rejected at many a number of clubs because of his poor physique. Xavi as well.

You can say that Barca are having a golden generation, true, I don't disagree with that, but there's a system in place that prioritizes technique over physique, that teaches the tactical concepts since age 7, and that molds the footballers in order to be prepared to play in first division at Barca with a seamless transition (rather than say, Real Madrid, where Castilla and Real don't play the same style so Mou doesn't feel comfortable promoting players). Let's not belittle these accomplishments.

no one is trying to belittle the accomplishments of Barca's academy, i for one wish that every team out there would follow this model and im glad Inter is going in that direction, even if it means a few dry years.

You mentioned Messi being rejected by two clubs, but lets not forget his medical condition, Ronaldo was rejected by Flamengo because they didnt feel he's worth the bus fees that he couldnt afford. He made it anyway.

If Barca's success is to be solely attributed to the work they do in the academy then any model they'd follow would produce the same results, and assuming Messi and Iniesta didnt fit in that model i simply dont see it possible.

Anyway, Barca deserve all the credit for what they achieved with their home grown players, after all they had the right forumla. Sure it helps to teach tactical concepts to 7 year olds, but not every 7 year old cant be turned into Messi, you have to find the right boy first. Unless you believe that talent is secondary to practice and that's a different debate.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:10 am

gondov wrote:
jibers wrote:

exactly. Xaviesta and Messi would have made it nay other youth academy, they are that good.

However tbf players like xavi, puyol, iniesta weren't that good in their early 20s. They were nearly sold and now we are all drooling over them.

We'll have to wait and see if players like iniesta, xavi, puyol are a fluke bacause thiago, dealofeu, rafinha, batra all look very promising and show traits that resemble xavi, iniesta etc in their early days. Lets not forget there is like an 8 year age difference between xavi, puyol and cesc, busquets, messi for example.

-alba--busquets = 23-24

Natural talent has a lot to do with La Masia success but tactics, training and philosophy shouldn't be underestimated in all this.

I dont rate puyoil that highly and I ve never thought he was WC, good defender but never thoiught he was the best at all at any point. Xavi was always good but he played as a pivote under van Gaal first then Rijkaard moved him closer to goal, he was great just that at the time short technical players were not seen in the ssame light, Viera type mf were in stylpe back then. \Pepe came and gave Xavi even more responsibilty and thats the xavi we see now, the one that has a 100+ touches per game.

The abilty was there the use was different.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:13 am

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff

Fb Iniesta: "Very happy for the win and to help the team! Goosebumps seeing so many teammates from the academy...

Xavi: "Playing with 11 academy players is wonderful, something to be proud of. A hug to Louis van Gaal, his dream has come true."

Laughing

Last edited by gondov on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:13 am

This is the most hilarious post I have ever seen in my time on this board. I mean seriously to all the people trying to find fault with this please put them on your ignore list fellow Barca fans as nothing Barca does will ever be good enough.

The funniest part of there argument is them saying how much our academy costs blah blah blah and then comparing it to other clubs who spend tons of money on players and they just forget that those other teams while spending tons of money have youth academies too that cost lots of money each year and produce jack shit.

There acting like there is a negative side to this for some insane reason that makes no sense as every big club has and spends a good amount of money on there own youth systems. It's just they don't get much Return On Investment for there youth systems so they have to try and find negatives to this.

Haters will always be haters. It's in there blood and there eyes are green with envy. IT doesn't matter that we started a CL final with 8 youth team players or in one generation produced 3 of the 5 best players in the world.

They say well it's not sustainable so it's not good and while they probably wont produce 3 of the top 5 players in the world again and as posters say we can't produce Xaviesta every generation I think they forget in the same generation they produced Fabregas, Arteta, Thiago, Busquets, Thiago Motta which any top team would be jumping for joy to have produced but since there not the top 5 players in the world it's some how discounted and our system can't be duplicated.

A lot of top teams in the world would kill for that midfield and it has nothing to do with Xavi or Iniesta.

Or the fact that La Masia not only produced Victor Valdes but Pepe Reina too in the same generation.

And the depth in attacking talent is there as well with Messi, Pedro, Bojan, Tello, Cuenca, etc etc

I mean the story is out there and everyone has heard it where Guardiola (a La Masia grad) is talking to Xavi telling him you will replace me and that kid out there (Iniesta) will replace you.

Or that Spain won there first ever world cup with 7 players from La Masia and 6 in the starting lineup.

There is every indication that La Masia is sustainable and will be for years to come and for those people throwing figures out there about the cost and lack of sustainability well why don't you put all the numbers in your calculations.

What if we actually sold our best players La Masia produced? We can't even put a figure to that because we have no clue how much Messi, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Thiago, Busquets etc etc would cost but it would be a ton of cash. A figure you can't even imagine.

So please haters find something else to hate Barca for. With Rosell in charge there is plenty you can choose to hate on but this is just petty and well for lack of a better word a stupid thing to think is a negative or hate on.

And to sit here and tell me there is no value in having a youth system that plays the same style and system the senior team plays with is such a joke. There was just a big article on how Madrid plays a totally different style for there youth then what there senior team plays and how much a negative that is and Mou and there youth coach both commented on it.

Sure teams can buy players there is nothing wrong with it, but to sit here and tell me that is better then having a player come through your system having played your style of football since they were 14 years old and pay very little to no transfer fee is just a bad statement.

Hate if you want but football won today.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:21 am

Dnmac4 always keeping it real :bow:
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:25 am

jibers wrote:
gondov wrote:
jibers wrote:

-alba--busquets = 23-24

I dont rate puyoil that highly and I ve never thought he was WC, good defender but never thoiught he was the best at all at any point. Xavi was always good but he played as a pivote under van Gaal first then Rijkaard moved him closer to goal, he was great just that at the time short technical players were not seen in the ssame light, Viera type mf were in stylpe back then. \Pepe came and gave Xavi even more responsibilty and thats the xavi we see now, the one that has a 100+ touches per game.

The abilty was there the use was different.

I had another post about this and I will ask the same question I asked in that post and then listed all of Puyol's achievements.

Please tell me what more you wanted to see out of Puyol's career to consider him "world class"? What more did he need to do or accomplish?

I can list all the accomplishments. Individual and collective, for club or country but I would like to see what he lacks and why he's not a world class defender.

I'm sure you're going to list something non-tangible and just "your opinion" and ignore everything he's ever done as a player and captain but I can't wait to see the explanation for this one.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:25 am

Dnmadbro ?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:26 am

Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks - Page 3 Cesc-Fabregas-006
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:28 am

Dnmac4 wrote:This is the most hilarious post I have ever seen in my time on this board. I mean seriously to all the people trying to find fault with this please put them on your ignore list fellow Barca fans as nothing Barca does will ever be good enough.

The funniest part of there argument is them saying how much our academy costs blah blah blah and then comparing it to other clubs who spend tons of money on players and they just forget that those other teams while spending tons of money have youth academies too that cost lots of money each year and produce jack shit.

There acting like there is a negative side to this for some insane reason that makes no sense as every big club has and spends a good amount of money on there own youth systems. It's just they don't get much Return On Investment for there youth systems so they have to try and find negatives to this.

Haters will always be haters. It's in there blood and there eyes are green with envy. IT doesn't matter that we started a CL final with 8 youth team players or in one generation produced 3 of the 5 best players in the world.

They say well it's not sustainable so it's not good and while they probably wont produce 3 of the top 5 players in the world again and as posters say we can't produce Xaviesta every generation I think they forget in the same generation they produced Fabregas, Arteta, Thiago, Busquets, Thiago Motta which any top team would be jumping for joy to have produced but since there not the top 5 players in the world it's some how discounted and our system can't be duplicated.

A lot of top teams in the world would kill for that midfield and it has nothing to do with Xavi or Iniesta.

Or the fact that La Masia not only produced Victor Valdes but Pepe Reina too in the same generation.

And the depth in attacking talent is there as well with Messi, Pedro, Bojan, Tello, Cuenca, etc etc

I mean the story is out there and everyone has heard it where Guardiola (a La Masia grad) is talking to Xavi telling him you will replace me and that kid out there (Iniesta) will replace you.

Or that Spain won there first ever world cup with 7 players from La Masia and 6 in the starting lineup.

There is every indication that La Masia is sustainable and will be for years to come and for those people throwing figures out there about the cost and lack of sustainability well why don't you put all the numbers in your calculations.

What if we actually sold our best players La Masia produced? We can't even put a figure to that because we have no clue how much Messi, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Thiago, Busquets etc etc would cost but it would be a ton of cash. A figure you can't even imagine.

So please haters find something else to hate Barca for. With Rosell in charge there is plenty you can choose to hate on but this is just petty and well for lack of a better word a stupid thing to think is a negative or hate on.

And to sit here and tell me there is no value in having a youth system that plays the same style and system the senior team plays with is such a joke. There was just a big article on how Madrid plays a totally different style for there youth then what there senior team plays and how much a negative that is and Mou and there youth coach both commented on it.

Sure teams can buy players there is nothing wrong with it, but to sit here and tell me that is better then having a player come through your system having played your style of football since they were 14 years old and pay very little to no transfer fee is just a bad statement.

Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks - Page 3 99124221did_not_read

Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks - Page 3 311s40x

Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks - Page 3 BwUar2

Last edited by jibers on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:29 am

zizzle wrote:Dnmadbro ?

Nope, just wondering where the hate comes from. It takes time and energy to hate something and there are many things to hate about Barcelona I just don't see how this could possibly be one of them especially when every team has a youth system and the same posters who are putting ours down love a youth player that comes from there academy.

It's natural, everyone want's to see there youth player do well.

Why would I be mad about what my team accomplished today?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:31 am

messi is a Newell's youth product Very Happy

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:36 am

jibers butthurt for some reason hmm

anyway, who cares!!

11+ points lead over the evil , historical la masia
11 banana banana drinking
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
zizzle wrote:Dnmadbro ?

Nope, just wondering where the hate comes from. It takes time and energy to hate something and there are many things to hate about Barcelona I just don't see how this could possibly be one of them especially when every team has a youth system and the same posters who are putting ours down love a youth player that comes from there academy.

It's natural, everyone want's to see there youth player do well.

Why would I be mad about what my team accomplished today?

You're usually one of the more reasonable posters around here but that post wasnt. You kept talking about the haters but i've read every single post in this thread and nobody is hating, matter of fact we all admire Barca's model and that was mentioned by the majorty of the posters in this thread. When we question the feasibility or the replicability of that system it doesnt mean we're hating, we're just having a discussion, and that's what we're here for.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:48 am

This club is truly a reference point for football. I am glad that van Gaa;'s vision has finally come to fruition. The catalan media mocked him when he predicted this. It also makes me sad that Ajax stopped following this model for more than half a decade. I really feel that the foreign players in Europe rule needs to be re inforced in order to see teams produce from their ranks.

La Masia is the resultof over 30 years of trial and failure. Congratulations.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 am

Dnmac4 wrote:This is the most hilarious post I have ever seen in my time on this board. I mean seriously to all the people trying to find fault with this please put them on your ignore list fellow Barca fans as nothing Barca does will ever be good enough.

:bow: Good read, I was also going to comment on the unimportance of how much we spend in our youth considering clubs spend in the millions as-well and end up halfway in their league *cough Arsenal*
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 am

Most impressive , well done by Barcelona.

But it would be news if they didn't have anyone lol , it's hardly a surprise anymore , if you ask me. It's been their policy for years now , you would expect them to accomplish this one day. In fact , i think they ve done this before , but i am not sure .

But again , bravo , anyone can admire this .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:58 am

Clockwork Orange wrote:This club is truly a reference point for football. I am glad that van Gaa;'s vision has finally come to fruition. The catalan media mocked him when he predicted this. It also makes me sad that Ajax stopped following this model for more than half a decade. I really feel that the foreign players in Europe rule needs to be re inforced in order to see teams produce from their ranks.

La Masia is the resultof over 30 years of trial and failure. Congratulations.

Will never happen, Platini and UEFA would get killed lol
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:42 am

Dante wrote:
i think they ve done this before , but i am not sure .

But again , bravo , anyone can admire this .

They did it before but in an odd positioning
they put Buscuit in the center back puyol as left back and cesc upfront with Pedro and Messi, plus some very young products
Today they used it in an effective and well balanced formation with players playing their natural roles, except for Iniesta but to be honest he can play almost everywhere and be spectacular.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:50 am

Amazing feat.

Well done to them.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:00 am

Far as I know Cantera is more focused on making money off of their youth system rather than spend on it as what is quite opposite to barca.. Not sure if the figures are right but 150m in 10 years or so.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next