Onyx
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
donttreadonred
danyjr
42 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks - Page 5 Empty Re: Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks

Post by S Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Gil wrote:The benefits of spending £20m p/y on their academy and being able to handpick any youth player from any academy in a nation going through their golden generation.

Amazing and I wish this eventually happens with my club BUT I think what Dortmund have done with Reus, Gotze, Hummels etc is slightly more impressive.

Hummels is a Bayern youth.

Also as of now Bayern have more no.of youth products in their first team than Dortmund.

Badstuber,Lahm,Schweinsteiger,Kroos,Mueller,Alaba and Contento.

Dortmund only have Goetze,Reus,Schmelzer and Grosskeutz.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks - Page 5 Empty Re: Barcelona fielding 11 players ALL from their youth ranks

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Kudos to Barca here, i used to have an envy towards them and their youth policy but you gotta respect that.

If only we could do that :ronaldo:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:As previously noted Barca spend 8-10m p/year on the academy and another 10-12m p/year on Barca B, a professional football club that plays in 2nd division.

In any case spending 20M p/year is still better than spending 30M on a back-up LB.

Or spending €40 million on a backup dinosaur.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Surag wrote:
Phritz wrote:For comparison, Arsenal spend 3€ million a year and still have a respectable amount of academy starters.

Except the difference in quality is all there to see.
Then you must have a touch of glaucoma Sad Hope you recover
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:This is the most hilarious post I have ever seen in my time on this board. I mean seriously to all the people trying to find fault with this please put them on your ignore list fellow Barca fans as nothing Barca does will ever be good enough.

The funniest part of there argument is them saying how much our academy costs blah blah blah and then comparing it to other clubs who spend tons of money on players and they just forget that those other teams while spending tons of money have youth academies too that cost lots of money each year and produce jack shit.

There acting like there is a negative side to this for some insane reason that makes no sense as every big club has and spends a good amount of money on there own youth systems. It's just they don't get much Return On Investment for there youth systems so they have to try and find negatives to this.

Haters will always be haters. It's in there blood and there eyes are green with envy. IT doesn't matter that we started a CL final with 8 youth team players or in one generation produced 3 of the 5 best players in the world.

They say well it's not sustainable so it's not good and while they probably wont produce 3 of the top 5 players in the world again and as posters say we can't produce Xaviesta every generation I think they forget in the same generation they produced Fabregas, Arteta, Thiago, Busquets, Thiago Motta which any top team would be jumping for joy to have produced but since there not the top 5 players in the world it's some how discounted and our system can't be duplicated.

A lot of top teams in the world would kill for that midfield and it has nothing to do with Xavi or Iniesta.

Or the fact that La Masia not only produced Victor Valdes but Pepe Reina too in the same generation.

And the depth in attacking talent is there as well with Messi, Pedro, Bojan, Tello, Cuenca, etc etc

I mean the story is out there and everyone has heard it where Guardiola (a La Masia grad) is talking to Xavi telling him you will replace me and that kid out there (Iniesta) will replace you.

Or that Spain won there first ever world cup with 7 players from La Masia and 6 in the starting lineup.

There is every indication that La Masia is sustainable and will be for years to come and for those people throwing figures out there about the cost and lack of sustainability well why don't you put all the numbers in your calculations.

What if we actually sold our best players La Masia produced? We can't even put a figure to that because we have no clue how much Messi, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Thiago, Busquets etc etc would cost but it would be a ton of cash. A figure you can't even imagine.

So please haters find something else to hate Barca for. With Rosell in charge there is plenty you can choose to hate on but this is just petty and well for lack of a better word a stupid thing to think is a negative or hate on.

And to sit here and tell me there is no value in having a youth system that plays the same style and system the senior team plays with is such a joke. There was just a big article on how Madrid plays a totally different style for there youth then what there senior team plays and how much a negative that is and Mou and there youth coach both commented on it.

Sure teams can buy players there is nothing wrong with it, but to sit here and tell me that is better then having a player come through your system having played your style of football since they were 14 years old and pay very little to no transfer fee is just a bad statement.

Hate if you want but football won today.
Stop this nonsense, no one is saying it is not a good project, and to simply just say it cost 8 M or 20 M shows how green and naive you are, if you think it stops there.

Answer those questions then look at the figures, and in all honesty I don't know the answers and can't careless to go look for the answers, but since you are defending the financial point so much here you go:

1) why has La-Masia closed the academies abroad?
2) why is number of players reduced from 2000+ to around 100
3) Why did you have to buy 6-7 new players for the B team? If it is because you promoted that many players to the first team then why would you promote then and sign professional contracts with them if they won't be used in the first team?

Can the reason for number 3 be because you guys don't want to lose them for free, therefore you had to sign contacts, regardless if you needed them or not? If so is this a +ve or -ve point.?

Once you answer those questions I'll give you more then we can judge on the financial aspect.

And to be fair, how much did you generate from selling players from the Masia?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:22 pm

@baresi since no one wants to do the math, i will do it. I took a liberty to get the players prices from transfermarkt.co.uk. Some might not agree with the prices on this list, but i think all in all it rounds up fairly enough (probably less then they are worth IMHO). I will not go before 10 years, cuz the spending was much lower then. Alos keep in mind, all the teams have a team B.

So in last 10 years, barca have spent 10 mil punds per year in Youth and 10 mil for Barca B equaling to total 200 mil. I do not factor in the purchases for team B because i do not have the figures, but we sell a lot of Youth products, so let's just say it evens out.

So 200 mil pounds in ten years and we got players like:

Iniesta 61,500,000.00
Messi 105,000,000.00
Busquets 37,000,000.00
Pedro 24,500,000.00
Valdes 16,000,000.00
Thiago 19,500,000.00
Tello 6,600,000.00
Cuenca 4,400,000.00
Montoya 7,000,000.00
Total 281,500,000.00

So, by my calculation we are 81 mil plus, without factoring the benefits of the system that grows players according to our needs.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:44 pm

So what ppl have been arguing about in this thread is not far from reality, if we take away 105M which is Messi, because Messi is simply not a player you get every other day. Then that leaves you in -ve.

Now factor in how much you also spent in the market, and compare that to RM figures, if Barca figures are still favorable, then yes it has its financial benefits.

If not, I still say it is a better system than buying ready made players, but not for financial reasons. Thats all.

Another question I have, why did Barca let go of Fabregas in the first place? Can it be related to the question No.3?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:53 pm

baresi wrote:So what ppl have been arguing about in this thread is not far from reality, if we take away 105M which is Messi, because Messi is simply not a player you get every other day. Then that leaves you in -ve.

Now factor in how much you also spent in the market, and compare that to RM figures, if Barca figures are still favorable, then yes it has its financial benefits.

If not, I still say it is a better system than buying ready made players, but not for financial reasons. Thats all.

Another question I have, why did Barca let go of Fabregas in the first place? Can it be related to the question No.3?
This has already been answered (in this thread even). Its because at 16 you cannot sign a pro contract in Spain but in England you can, so he chose Arsenal.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:57 pm

Yes, but you can't remove Messi totally!!! That is not fair as well. Say we get another Iniesta in his place, and considering the young players we have, it will always be economically sound. We are not saying it is much cheaper, but it is relatively cheaper than buying all of them. Another issue is that we are one of the worst teams on transfer market. And we need to buy as no one can expect to get 11 best players from youth system.

EDIT: @barca you beat me on this one Smile

The Cesc and other players problem is that they can get professional contract under 16yo in UK and not in Spain. Some can wait, like say Thiago, other are more hasty and want to go up faster like Romeu. But even when buying these guys back you must acknowledge that we get good deals due to the willingness of the players to come back home.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
baresi wrote:So what ppl have been arguing about in this thread is not far from reality, if we take away 105M which is Messi, because Messi is simply not a player you get every other day. Then that leaves you in -ve.

This has already been answered (in this thread even). Its because at 16 you cannot sign a pro contract in Spain but in England you can, so he chose Arsenal.
So basically Arsene Wenger benefited financially from La-Masia, more than Barca themselves.

GOAT Wenger. Laughing
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 pm

Anyway, jokes aside, I am in emotional love with "La-Masia" project, for all the OTHER reasons mentioned, but not the financial one. Plus help me answer the other questions.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:09 pm

I do not have answer to tother questions. Probably change in the system they run things. Perhaps they invest more in scouting now than a sheer amount of cadets. Perhaps free can answer these questions?

And I too agree, other benefits are more important. I also agree economic gain is not that big, but I think it exists.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Don't understand your over-emphasis on financial aspects alone. Are you a shareholder who would benefit from club profit or are you Gazidis laughing at all Arsenal fans who pay £1000+ for a season ticket, watching their team trophyless for a decade?

I have already written a relatively long post about the benefits of the system, many of which are financially beneficial in an indirect way.

All I can say is that management of a club is much deeper than what you make it out to be. Money isn't everything and certainly your short-term approach is much less likely to succeed in the long run, both financially and in a sporting aspect. At the end of the day, you might get lucky to have a millionaire to buy every player you want but that does not bring you success per se. Most teams wish they could play like Barça or Spain, but none of them can until they invest in youth. You can already see that in Manchester City's poor Champions League form.

You can't buy love with money, all you will get are gold diggers.

/rant

Last edited by danyjr on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:39 pm

eelir wrote:I do not have answer to tother questions. Probably change in the system they run things. Perhaps they invest more in scouting now than a sheer amount of cadets. Perhaps free can answer these questions?

And I too agree, other benefits are more important. I also agree economic gain is not that big, but I think it exists.

Even if it doesn't exist, what you gain from La-Masia can't be bought with money, the philosophy, the love of the club, the chemistry most those kids are childhood friends, sacrificing for the clubs' sake.

You can only imagine what would have happened if Xavi and Inesta were ready bought players, and with all the quality they have and all what they do on the pitch, and then Messi steals the show, and they are content with that.

Would CR7 be?

The difference here is Barca players play for the clubs' image, not theirs, at least most of them.

baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:41 pm

danyjr wrote:Don't understand your over-emphasis on financial aspects alone. Are you a shareholder who would benefit from club profit or are you Gazidis laughing at all Arsenal fans who pay £1000+ for a season ticket, watching their team trophyless for a decade?

I have already written a relatively long post about the benefits of the system, many of which are financially beneficial in an indirect way.

All I can say is that management of a club is much deeper than what you make it out to be. Money isn't everything and certainly your short-term approach is much less likely to succeed in the long run, both financially and in a sporting aspect. At the end of the day, you might get lucky to have a millionaire to buy every player you want but that does not bring you success per se. Most teams wish they could play like Barça or Spain, but none of them can until they invest in youth. You can already see that in Manchester City's poor Champions League form.

You can't buy love with money, all you will get are gold diggers.

/rant
I won't even bother.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Thought so.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:53 pm

Baresi, just grab a calculator, go to transfermarkt, and make a chart. Then post it.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Please keep on topic and leave personal insults out of this thread.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:20 pm

Bloody hell. La Masia is causing enough trouble here. Guys please let us all use Barcelona as a reference point and before you post anything think, what would Xavi do (WWXD)?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:21 pm

eelir wrote:
Dutti wrote:
eelir wrote:

and I don't think you can read. Not the whole post at least.

A post written by a goof ain't for the ones with sense. What say you math prof? smoking

I say this: First, I am a very close to obtain my engineering phd, so you were not wrong to call me a math prof. Second, you just made my ignore list, so whatever you write after this, I wont read as I have seen enough stupidity from you in less then 2 posts. I see you read my posts selectively, and reply with idiotic statements in order to provoke a reaction, therefore here is my reaction to you. You are not worthy of my time!

You know, you'd have gained back some of your pride if you had just admitted you made nonsense by saying 2001-2002 was recent.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:22 pm

Dutti wrote:
eelir wrote:
Dutti wrote:

A post written by a goof ain't for the ones with sense. What say you math prof? smoking

I say this: First, I am a very close to obtain my engineering phd, so you were not wrong to call me a math prof. Second, you just made my ignore list, so whatever you write after this, I wont read as I have seen enough stupidity from you in less then 2 posts. I see you read my posts selectively, and reply with idiotic statements in order to provoke a reaction, therefore here is my reaction to you. You are not worthy of my time!

You know, you'd have gained back some of your pride if you had just admitted you made nonsense by saying 2001-2002 was recent.

recent is relati9ve. 10 years is really not that lng tbh
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:25 pm

jibers wrote:
Dutti wrote:
eelir wrote:

recent is relati9ve. 10 years is really not that lng tbh

10 years in football? In that amount of time, players do develop a lot. So yeah it's long.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:09 am

danyjr wrote: Most teams wish they could play like Barça or Spain
rofl oh brother
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:04 am

Lex wrote:
Donuts wrote:the unimportance of how much we spend in our youth considering clubs spend in the millions as-well and end up halfway in their league *cough Arsenal*
In Donut's world, 3 mllion>>>>>>20million and 4 out of 20 is about half
You must not follow your team well enough to notice your barely making Europa League based on goal difference scratch
And did i say 3 million is 20 million? I said clubs are spending millions on youth products please read before you quote someone wrongly.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:21 am

Silly me, i wasn't aware the football season finished already Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:04 am

zizzle wrote:no one is trying to belittle the accomplishments of Barca's academy, i for one wish that every team out there would follow this model and im glad Inter is going in that direction, even if it means a few dry years.

You mentioned Messi being rejected by two clubs, but lets not forget his medical condition, Ronaldo was rejected by Flamengo because they didnt feel he's worth the bus fees that he couldnt afford. He made it anyway.

If Barca's success is to be solely attributed to the work they do in the academy then any model they'd follow would produce the same results, and assuming Messi and Iniesta didnt fit in that model i simply dont see it possible.

Anyway, Barca deserve all the credit for what they achieved with their home grown players, after all they had the right forumla. Sure it helps to teach tactical concepts to 7 year olds, but not every 7 year old cant be turned into Messi, you have to find the right boy first. Unless you believe that talent is secondary to practice and that's a different debate.
Yeah Messi was rejected because of his condition. But it's not because they weren't able to afford it, it's because they assessed his future and decided he wasn't worth the risk/return they were getting into. Every professional club can afford to pay the 3000 dollars a year or however much the treatment cost.

In any case I disagree that the system could be copied. The Barca youth project started primarily with Cruyff (some important steps were taken before then but it was with Cruyff that the style, way to challenge youth teamers, and other important infrastructure was set up) that it first become a priority. It didn't fully pay off until nearly 20 years later. You can argue that it can be copied, and sure a lot of money can have a fantastic youth set-up, but they won't have any results until at least a decade from now. Not every owner is willing to spend so much money into a long-term project, and I'm proud that Barca have.

Also juventus101 I guess piggy is a rosenheim youth product then? Rolling Eyes
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next