Will Mourinho survive the season?

+19
Babun
LeSwagg James
sportsczy
vizkosity
buddytaller
rwo power
Le Samourai
OLpower
halamadrid2
aleumdance
Rebaño Sagrado
The 14th
Gil
vivabarca38
Onyx
che
LeBéninois
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will Mou be sitting on the Real bench next season?

Will Mourinho survive the season? Vote_lcap14%Will Mourinho survive the season? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Will Mourinho survive the season? Vote_lcap39%Will Mourinho survive the season? Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 14 ]
Will Mourinho survive the season? Vote_lcap47%Will Mourinho survive the season? Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 17 ]
 
Total Votes : 36
 
 

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:07 pm

He's lost 8 points in 4 games, after the past 3 games he's lashed out publicly at his team claiming that they are not behaving like professionals and are not acting like a team, he has a divided dressing room, his best player is not happy in his club (clearly a failure for such a renown "psychologist") and he's never stayed for more than 3 years at the same club. This thread is undoubtedly premature, but it looks like this could be the beginning of the end of Moudrid.

Posted for the bump potential.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28330
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by The Franchise Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm

I think this will be his last season if they dont win the CL, regardless of the start they have had. Maybe even if they do win it he could be off. I dont think he will leave or be sacked before the end though, unless they play as poor for as long as his Chelsea team did.

But also I think it depends on what kind of offers are out there for him to take on. Unless he wants a little break.

Sort of off topic, but has he gained weight? He looking a little thicker around the mid section than I remember.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19651
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by LeBéninois Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Well he looks tired. Like he has no idea to motivate the team. He used to have warriors in his former team , players who would have '' killed '' for him. he definitely doens't have those players anymore.


Anyway, it's probably his last year at madrid whatever happens imo. that's the feeling i get for a while now
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4030
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by che Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:24 pm

imo it's the exact opposite, he'll leave if he wins something, then leave the next coach with a broken squad like he did with inter... don't think his ego will allow him to quit when he's beaten

The Franchise wrote:

Sort of off topic, but has he gained weight? He looking a little thicker around the mid section than I remember.

said this in the chat yesterday, probably binge eating ice cream with pmsing ronaldive
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:29 pm

If the poor league form continues and Real Madrid don't qualify for the last 16/quarters, then he won't survive imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40129
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by vivabarca38 Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:33 pm

Perez wont sack Mou.If Mou cant win the CL with Madrid I dont think anyone will.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 1730
Join date : 2011-06-08

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by Gil Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:36 pm

5 Star thread.

Would read again.

Future Repped.

Bookmarked.

Reported.

Deported.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 9447
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:40 pm

It depends on many factors..he did sign a new contract extension till 2016...

I think that the original post is being a bit too dramatic on this, and over the top in some areas, specially the ronaldo part.

No one really knows other than "the club" what the big deal with ronaldo was/is, but it probably didn't have much to do with the way he's used as a player, probably having do so more with how the club has stood up for him, along other factors. I don't really think mourinho can take any blame for not preventing ronaldo's feelings, ronaldo did what he did which was to speak out, on purpose, and he will probably get what he wants.

Apart from that, how divided is the dressing room? Do you really believe that they are enough of a divided team to be too broken to succeed? What proof do you have? Just the rumours off the media? What makes you think real madrid is really broken in pieces? You have any proof? There are cliq's if you will, but that's the same in every club..

He's never stayed for more than three years at any club? Narrow minded argument, he had along contract with chelsea and only left because of internal affairs which ended up having impact on the team's performance.

Lashing out at his players? He has basically just said that he is dissapointed in how his team is playing in a way to make them see that they have lost a bit of focus. He wanted them to open their eyes and see the problem but now it seems he will have to intervene more and put his foot down.

What really makes you believe that there is a majority chance of him leaving?

Any valid proof or argument? He even made an interview where he stated that his current future is at madrid..i mean any other arguments need to be pretty well balanced...

I keep the door open but i don't think madrid would sack him, you know this is a thread where you would have to expect bumps, because your assumptions are a bit uneducated and premature...

We will see but what you said does little to convince me to think that things really are borderline.


Last edited by The 14th on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-09-16
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:45 pm

Gil wrote:5 Star thread.

Would read again.

Future Repped.

Bookmarked.

Reported.

Deported.

Good post. +1

Keep it up Gil.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich
Posts : 5928
Join date : 2011-07-31

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 pm

@The 14th: I didn't claim he would leave in the OP, although I do think it's likely that he will leave at the end of the season. They won't sack him for as long as he's in the CL.

Not saying it's his fault that Ronaldo is unhappy, or that he has the power to fix it, but given that one of the main jobs of the coach is to ensure that the players are emotionally well its a failure. From an outsider's perspective it seems clear to me that the dressing room is divided between Madrid's Spanish players (headed by Iker and Ramos) who will not stand for Mou's BS and those that follow Mou to the grave (like Coentrao). I do believe some media reports when it's a reputable newspaper that publishes it. And of course if Mou gets asked about his future he can only answer that.

Anyways, to me the most powerful argument is that Mou's personality is very conflictive. Some sectors of Madridismo never took to him and never will and it's hard to live with that sort of tension for 3 years. That would inevitably lead to inn-fighting which if it's not accompanied by results would force his exit. It's hard to see Mou staying at the same club for extended periods of time.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28330
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:@The 14th: I didn't claim he would leave in the OP, although I do think it's likely that he will leave at the end of the season. They won't sack him for as long as he's in the CL.

Not saying it's his fault that Ronaldo is unhappy, or that he has the power to fix it, but given that one of the main jobs of the coach is to ensure that the players are emotionally well its a failure. From an outsider's perspective it seems clear to me that the dressing room is divided between Madrid's Spanish players (headed by Iker and Ramos) who will not stand for Mou's BS and those that follow Mou to the grave (like Coentrao). I do believe some media reports when it's a reputable newspaper that publishes it. And of course if Mou gets asked about his future he can only answer that.

Anyways, to me the most powerful argument is that Mou's personality is very conflictive. Some sectors of Madridismo never took to him and never will and it's hard to live with that sort of tension for 3 years. That would inevitably lead to inn-fighting which if it's not accompanied by results would force his exit. It's hard to see Mou staying at the same club for extended periods of time.
The whole thread was based on the assumption that the situation is pretty much borderline, so it can be assumed that you made it with the purpose of creating a relevant thread about a possible outcome, and then you posted some things which just didn't convince me to be able to take into account that the situation is in a very bad shape.

Different players have different ideologies, mourinho knows this and i'm sure that neither him nor the team are stupid enough to be arrogant enough to start a civil war, again i wish to see some proof of some very concrete evidence that things are very tense...

I remember very well something that mourinho said after the loss to barcelona at the home leg of the copa del rey 11/12, in which he stated that he understood the fans but he didn't listen to them. Meaning that he wasn't going to be belittled by useless arguments and expressions that most madridistas made out of desperation without seeing the big picture. I dont really believe that the fan base or that the team is any where near to launching a coup against mourinho. Situations like the ones in early january happen when you have a society of fickle individuals the team and the manager must resist going through an illogical road.

Do you really think that they need to listen to irrelevant fickle complaints by many if not most madridistas? This club needs persistence, mourinho signed a extension knowing that hes ready for the pressure. Apart from the little bad guy image, when madrid wins no one cares about any of that, just the ones who look for excuses, hes doing as good as you can in the overall picture imo.

About ronaldo..it's not really a failure, its not like ronaldo is depressed he is most probably angry that the club may not want to renovate his contract and that as a figure hes not supported enough, who said that mou even knew about this? You expect him to be a therapist and call them out for a 1 hour daily session?

He's been scoring goals and doing well, why do you think mourinho said that if he was sad but played like he did it didnt matter? Because he most likely didnt even know about the problems cr7 has with outside factors out of the team it self.

I see no evidence of strong coup's, civil war possibilies Very Happy, and in a club like this you can't be fickle.

That argument about not coaching any club for more than 3 years is narrow minded, what about pep for example? You never saw anyone saying he wouldnt last a bit because he had never coached, an open mind and educated mind is needed. The only ones that use those arguments are either the mis informed, or the ones who jump to conclusions.
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-09-16
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by aleumdance Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:12 pm

He would deserve to go honestly..

Like I said earlier, Modric is just link up and useless in crunch time, Sevilla game proved it, they were better midfielders outthere to get but he channeled all his energy on faildric..

secondly, Midfield, sometimes watching madrid is like watching 2 seperate defense and attack and no midfield, it works vs Barca but vs real teams it would fail
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2943
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:12 pm

Modric played well vs Sevilla imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40129
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:17 pm

I have been reading some misguided opinions on the modric case, nto claiming that you are being bias aleumdance but it is really a bit premature to say that modric is a failure when he's barely played 2 games for madrid, just a bit more than 90 mins in total...he needs time, and the team was in a big deep hole yesterday, specially considering that sevilla were really doing a good job at breaking us because we were sloppy, unfocused, and not even close to good form.

If you go ton zonal marking.com and look at the analyzing that was made on the match, there is a quite good explanation on how the midfield was handled by sevilla, modric if anything gave more room to alonso. Lets not go and make wild assumptions about how modric is a failure now.

Being direct is part of the madrid culture, if you look at madrid's greatest players ever, very little of them have been midfield maestros, playing the way mourinho plays is part of the culture and it brings great results as the club's history, and recent results have proven, but since 11/12 hes been trying to solidify the midfield knowing that a bit more control is needed, sahin failed because of injuries, and modric up to this point has showed good promise if anything.
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-09-16
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Modric got our best chance actually with a shot against the post
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25318
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by OLpower Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:28 pm

Mourinho will not get sacked.

I don't think Perez want to revive the Barcelona total domination.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:31 pm

OLpower wrote:Mourinho will not get sacked.

I don't think Perez want to revive the Barcelona total domination.
It would be difficult for the team and manager to just lose total connection, or for mou to be simply sacked, there would have to be a tornado of misfortune for it all to go down imo.

And anyways where would mourinho go, and who would come here? At this point consistency is what madrid needs, after winning the cl real madrid would get an immense breather. 11 years of failure would be off our backs. If anything it would be easier for mourinho @ madrid. He wants challenges you say? In that case only way he leaves is if chelsea, united, or city let him in while madrid giving him enough reason to leave.

For me the perfect case scenario was/is to win 1 or 2 cls at madrid and leaving us with pressure off our backs, a good team, and a good philosophy of confidence and experience in the club with which we can continue. We need the cl and more things for the mission to be complete. The team, club, fans, and mourinho are in need of the cl.


Last edited by The 14th on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-09-16
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:32 pm

I have a feeling it's his last year, regardless of what he wins. Will he be fired during the season? I doubt it, but I think he's gone by the end of the year.

Perez was foolish to extend his contract.

OT: I can't believe how much him being a coach of Madrid has soured my impression of him. At one point in time I was one of his biggest fans and defenders on here.

Immensely disappointing.

I have no doubt in my mind we would have been in a better position right now had we stuck it out with Pelle.

Don't really care what he wins at this point.


Last edited by Le Samourai on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:34 pm

Hm. I guess it will depend on how the CL run of Real will look like.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:36 pm

I don't think Mourinho is the reason why we're succeeding vs Barca recently. He does deserve credit, however there's other factors, like Barca declining for example.

Also if Pellegrini stayed, I'm sure he would of beaten Barca by now too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40129
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by OLpower Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:38 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think Mourinho is the reason why we're succeeding vs Barca recently. He does deserve credit, however there's other factors, like Barca declining for example.

Also if Pellegrini stayed, I'm sure he would of beaten Barca by now too.

I doubt it.

We beat the Real of Pellegrini but got Murdered by the Real of Mourinho. I saw the difference. And the Alcoron (spell?) fans too.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by aleumdance Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:39 pm

Maybe I still have some bias against Modric for being an ex-spud

but in all honesty, better midfielders could have been bought. Or just give kaka more time
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2943
Join date : 2011-12-11

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:43 pm

aleumdance wrote:Maybe I still have some bias against Modric for being an ex-spud

but in all honesty, better midfielders could have been bought. Or just give kaka more time
Better midfielders like who? Madrid wanted a specific type of midfielder like modric, a rapid cm type player who could even rest alonso. Only other player i can think of is cazorla atm. There are other names but they are of the kind that for me would have never had a chance to be even named.

Kaka is a semi proffesional footballer now btw lol, he has no future.

I've said what i could here, i leave with the conclusion that there is not enough story to back up the possibility of mourinho in a borderline situation. Some just think or want to see him leave for personal disgust or because they think he's a ticking time bomb.

I am of the side who thinks that the cl is important and what he wins or better yet whether he wins will play an important role, but if he does win the cl i dont think its enough reason for madrid to sack mourinho Very Happy or for him to leave, specially considering the mutual consent.

There are only two ways he leaves, there is an uncurable tornado of negative circumstances or, he leaves silently after the cl.

The Champions League this season has a whole lot of meaning.
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 86
Join date : 2012-09-16
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:44 pm

OLpower wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think Mourinho is the reason why we're succeeding vs Barca recently. He does deserve credit, however there's other factors, like Barca declining for example.

Also if Pellegrini stayed, I'm sure he would of beaten Barca by now too.

I doubt it.

We beat the Real of Pellegrini but got Murdered by the Real of Mourinho. I saw the difference. And the Alcoron (spell?) fans too.

Pelle's team came very very close to beating Barca and consistently performed well against them.

The CL , I don't know, we should have gone through there as well, Mourinhio definitely inspired the players somewhat during the first two seasons and I can't take that away from him....but if Pelle's weakness is managing personalities, he exceeds Mourinhio in basically every tactical, scouting and footballing aspect of the game.

InB4wehadabrokenteamunderPelle.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by OLpower Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:45 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
OLpower wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think Mourinho is the reason why we're succeeding vs Barca recently. He does deserve credit, however there's other factors, like Barca declining for example.

Also if Pellegrini stayed, I'm sure he would of beaten Barca by now too.

I doubt it.

We beat the Real of Pellegrini but got Murdered by the Real of Mourinho. I saw the difference. And the Alcoron (spell?) fans too.

Pelle's team came very very close to beating Barca and consistently performed well against them.

The CL , I don't know, we should have gone through there as well, Mourinhio definitely inspired the players somewhat during the first two seasons and I can't take that away from him....but if Pelle's weakness is managing personalities, he exceeds Mourinhio in basically every tactical, scouting and footballing aspect of the game.

InB4wehadabrokenteamunderPelle.

What? I saw Pellegrini has a coach that failed to create a team. Madrid was scoring like crazy but had nothing against the team that resisted well.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 1518
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum