Onyx
che
LeBéninois
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Will Mou be sitting on the Real bench next season?

Will Mourinho survive the season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Will Mourinho survive the season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Will Mourinho survive the season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap39%Will Mourinho survive the season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 14 ]
Will Mourinho survive the season? - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%Will Mourinho survive the season? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 36

Will Mourinho survive the season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by OLpower Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
OLpower wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think Mourinho is the reason why we're succeeding vs Barca recently. He does deserve credit, however there's other factors, like Barca declining for example.

Also if Pellegrini stayed, I'm sure he would of beaten Barca by now too.

I doubt it.

We beat the Real of Pellegrini but got Murdered by the Real of Mourinho. I saw the difference. And the Alcoron (spell?) fans too.

Pelle's team came very very close to beating Barca and consistently performed well against them.

The CL , I don't know, we should have gone through there as well, Mourinhio definitely inspired the players somewhat during the first two seasons and I can't take that away from him....but if Pelle's weakness is managing personalities, he exceeds Mourinhio in basically every tactical, scouting and footballing aspect of the game.

InB4wehadabrokenteamunderPelle.

What? I saw Pellegrini has a coach that failed to create a team. Madrid was scoring like crazy but had nothing against the team that resisted well.

OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Will Mourinho survive the season? - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Mourinho survive the season?

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
OLpower wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think Mourinho is the reason why we're succeeding vs Barca recently. He does deserve credit, however there's other factors, like Barca declining for example.

I doubt it.

We beat the Real of Pellegrini but got Murdered by the Real of Mourinho. I saw the difference. And the Alcoron (spell?) fans too.

Pelle's team came very very close to beating Barca and consistently performed well against them.

The CL , I don't know, we should have gone through there as well, Mourinhio definitely inspired the players somewhat during the first two seasons and I can't take that away from him....but if Pelle's weakness is managing personalities, he exceeds Mourinhio in basically every tactical, scouting and footballing aspect of the game.

InB4wehadabrokenteamunderPelle.
And that is why pellegrini has won 1 trophy in europe in a decade, while mourinho has won 20 in 4 different countries.

Just say it, you really hate/dislike mourinho.

No need to talk about the past in such way, pellegrini failed in the cl and in copa del rey in memorable fashion, in reality other than speculation, pellegrini has no case.
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:24 pm

OLpower wrote:

I doubt it.

Yeh but I'm sure Pellegrini would of realised his mistakes and improved for the 10-11 season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:26 pm

aleumdance wrote:Maybe I still have some bias against Modric for being an ex-spud

but in all honesty, better midfielders could have been bought. Or just give kaka more time

Can't think of any other midfielders that would of improved our midfield imo. Kaka's past it.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:28 pm

It's a combination of I hate Mourinhio (for various reasons, not limited to on the pitch but it's at least part of it) and Im a huge huge Pelle fan.

I don't care to go into the trophies argument , respectable accomplishments and that's why I was a fan at one point but at the same time I don't care about his past success. The brand of football he used to achieve that success is completely different than the one he uses with us, and we've paid for that many times.

@Olpower.

It's not like that's a problem Mourinhio's overcome, Pelle I think was working with a vastly inferior squad , untimely injuries and various other constraints that someone coaching a team of Madrid's stature for the first time would have found it difficult to adapt to.

But Given time I think he would have addressed all these issues.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Florentino Perez has learnt his lessons from his previous stint as President, he'll surely not interfere with anything Mourinho does. He was Mourinho's number one defender when thing were not going on well in Mourinho's first season, the socios were putting pressure on Florentino Perez but at a meeting with the socios Perez called Mourinho the true "Madridismo". His fate was tied to Mourinho's there and then, if Mourinho fails, he fails too, and risk losing his Presidency.

Mourinho is the perfect manager for Madrid, no other coach at this point in time will be able to keep all the huge egos at the club focused on winning, the team is 8 points behind first place in the league but the season is far from over with 34 league matches left to be played.

This Madrid team is easily capable of beating Barcelona both at home and away, Barcelona despite their good start look no where close to invincible as Madrid showed at the Bernabeu a few weeks ago.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Vastly inferior squad lol.

I'm done.

Pelle is a loser. There's no comparison between the two.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Gil wrote:

Pelle is a loser. There's no comparison between the two.

It's funny.

Guess who was injured all season?

It's someone you absolutely love to heap all the praise in the world on.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:40 pm

buddytaller wrote:Florentino Perez has learnt his lessons from his previous stint as President, he'll surely not interfere with anything Mourinho does. He was Mourinho's number one defender when thing were not going on well in Mourinho's first season, the socios were putting pressure on Florentino Perez but at a meeting with the socios Perez called Mourinho the true "Madridismo". His fate was tied to Mourinho's there and then, if Mourinho fails, he fails too, and risk losing his Presidency.

Mourinho is the perfect manager for Madrid, no other coach at this point in time will be able to keep all the huge egos at the club focused on winning, the team is 8 points behind first place in the league but the season is far from over with 34 league matches left to be played.

This Madrid team is easily capable of beating Barcelona both at home and away, Barcelona despite their good start look no where close to invincible as Madrid showed at the Bernabeu a few weeks ago.
I agree and um i think that kind of optimism and open mindedness is the correct way to go. We as a fan base better not be fickle, it would be horrible to see a coup inside our institution towards the president, team, and manager just because people may get a bit too brash.

Pellegrini has no kind of argument, other than speculation he's got nothing. And nor does the " he never had a competitive group" argument work either. If you haven't shown any type of result in any way with any team, then how can you even be compared?

There is absolutely no comparison, people are saying, he would have improved madrid, but thats like saying if jfk wasnt shot in the head he would have been reelected, we have no idea, and thats totally irrelevant at this point. Plus theres no proof to back it up, pellegrini has absolutley no kind of relevant track record IN ANY WAY.

Mourinho' style? If anything the overall style goes exactly with real madrid's culture, its all about directness, he sometimes employs certain formations, but its all for the sake of getting a result, mourinho has actually not failed in any way with the style...

In the big picture mourinho has made the most productive side in madrid history in 11/12 and just barely missed out on a treble, or atleast a double. ( couldnt put in goals @ camp nou in copa del rey, and failed at penalties..would have atleast reached the final)

Madrid has actually scored more goals with mourinho than barca did with pep in the same time...

@ samourai, what you are is a hater of his personality, and a self made romantic of football to go along with the anti mourinhonism, and i respect that, but other than for personal feelings against him, i can't see any valid reason for you going to the point of saying you dont care what he wins with madrid..

You hate the man so much you dont care your teams wins anymore?
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:45 pm

Why would a selfish, stat-padding cancer like CR (your words not mine) be the difference between failure and success for Pelle? Higuain and Benzema would score 50+ a season if they were force fed like CR is (again your words) Wink

Besides did he really need Cristiano to get past Alcoron?

And he had CR for that infamous Lyon chokejob.

So yeah, Pelle's a loser who will never win anything in his career.

Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Gil wrote:Why would a selfish, stat-padding cancer like CR (your words not mine) be the difference between failure and success for Pelle? Higuain and Benzema would score 50+ a season if they were force fed like CR is (again your words) Wink

Besides did he really need Cristiano to get past Alcoron?

And he had CR for that infamous Lyon chokejob.

So yeah, Pelle's a loser who will never win anything in his career.

With the team he had he had no excuse to get eliminated in such fashion against lyon or alcorcon. That shows problems on man management, and match preparedness.

For the majority anyone who wished to have had pellegrini is someone who hates mourinho personally or is a "romantic" who is too blind to see madrid is actually doing a good job culturally at how it plays as a team.

And by romantic in this case i mostly mean someone who over exaggerates at a once in a while defensive display. There really is no type of logic to support pellegrini.

Last edited by The 14th on Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:49 pm

pelle's madrid got more points than mourinho's in his first season and if memory serves me right he did better in clasicos as well :facepalm:

and you can't possibly attribute losing to alcorcon to the coach... if he was dealing with youth players fair enough but saying that motivation of players with title-winning experience against third division sides is the coach's job is fm logic... as far as lyon is concerned, higuain scores that sitter and we wouldn't even be talking about it
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:01 pm

che wrote:pelle's madrid got more points than mourinho's in his first season and if memory serves me right he did better in clasicos as well :facepalm:

and you can't possibly attribute losing to alcorcon to the coach... if he was dealing with youth players fair enough but saying that motivation of players with title-winning experience against third division sides is the coach's job is fm logic... as far as lyon is concerned, higuain scores that sitter and we wouldn't even be talking about it
Mourinho had a loss and a draw against barcelona in the league aspect. Better than pellegrini. That is the reality. Pellegrini didn't do a better job against barcelona...They had chances? Sure but it was against a 09/10 barcelona which was not as good as 10/11.

He should not have permitted his team's chances to be so borderline, a better coach with that team would have gotten better results. The copa del rey had no excuse, it just has no excuse, he has the responsibility to get his team up to a good height in terms of motivation and performance and he failed in both the cl and copa del rey. It was failure and reality and none of those little tangibles that you use mean much in the end. Sure higuain scores and we win but was it acceptable to keep the borderline between failure and victory so close to each other?

It is so irrelevant to be talking about pellegrini almost 3 years later. He has nothing to back him up, except for failure.
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Btw Pellegrini has a better record with Madrid than Mourinho Razz
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Gil this irony :bow:

Ronaldo missed 15 or so games (I never said that about him btw Laughing) not a big deal at all.

Pepe basically missed the season.

Anyway we got, Khedira,Ozil,Di Maria, and Carvalho the next year. So yea, we had a better squad.

Getting rid of guys like Drenthe, Metzelder, Momo all of whom were terrible that year was also a positive. Losing Raul and VDV was probably a loss you can count.

But yea.

The fact that you can sit there and hype up Di Maria and Pepe like your life depends on it and then deny that Mou had a much better squad...I don't even know what to say Laughing

It's amazing how much you guys underrate Pellegrini BTW....I can understand that you think Mou's better , only natural...but he's a scrub now? rofl

Last edited by Le Samourai on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:06 pm

The 14th wrote:
OLpower wrote:Mourinho will not get sacked.

I don't think Perez want to revive the Barcelona total domination.
It would be difficult for the team and manager to just lose total connection, or for mou to be simply sacked, there would have to be a tornado of misfortune for it all to go down imo.

And anyways where would mourinho go, and who would come here? At this point consistency is what madrid needs, after winning the cl real madrid would get an immense breather. 11 years of failure would be off our backs. If anything it would be easier for mourinho @ madrid. He wants challenges you say? In that case only way he leaves is if chelsea, united, or city let him in while madrid giving him enough reason to leave.

For me the perfect case scenario was/is to win 1 or 2 cls at madrid and leaving us with pressure off our backs, a good team, and a good philosophy of confidence and experience in the club with which we can continue. We need the cl and more things for the mission to be complete. The team, club, fans, and mourinho are in need of the cl.

win CL lol....
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:10 pm

Mourinho is superior to Pellegrini, however Pellegrini would of beaten by Barca now too.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:11 pm

The 14th wrote:Mourinho had a loss and a draw against barcelona in the league aspect. Better than pellegrini. That is the reality. Pellegrini didn't do a better job against barcelona...They had chances? Sure but it was against a 09/10 barcelona which was not as good as 10/11.

please do explain how a team that finishes the season with 96 points is better than a team that finishes with 99 points, especially if the goal difference is exactly the same

He should not have permitted his team's chances to be so borderline, a better coach with that team would have gotten better results. The copa del rey had no excuse, it just has no excuse, he has the responsibility to get his team up to a good height in terms of motivation and performance and he failed in both the cl and copa del rey. It was failure and reality and none of those little tangibles that you use mean much in the end. Sure higuain scores and we win but was it acceptable to keep the borderline between failure and victory so close to each other?

speaking of "borderline chances", i assume you celebrated the supercopa victory yes?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:14 pm

vizkosity wrote:
The 14th wrote:

It would be difficult for the team and manager to just lose total connection, or for mou to be simply sacked, there would have to be a tornado of misfortune for it all to go down imo.

And anyways where would mourinho go, and who would come here? At this point consistency is what madrid needs, after winning the cl real madrid would get an immense breather. 11 years of failure would be off our backs. If anything it would be easier for mourinho @ madrid. He wants challenges you say? In that case only way he leaves is if chelsea, united, or city let him in while madrid giving him enough reason to leave.

For me the perfect case scenario was/is to win 1 or 2 cls at madrid and leaving us with pressure off our backs, a good team, and a good philosophy of confidence and experience in the club with which we can continue. We need the cl and more things for the mission to be complete. The team, club, fans, and mourinho are in need of the cl.

win CL lol....
I hope you realise you have no argument to back your intrigue up Very Happy

United have won 3 times in 60 + years, and we arguably have more of a chance to win the cl than them considering you got owned by bilbao in the europa league..and you dont even have the best midfield or defense in manchester.

The cl? Yes.... Problem? Very Happy
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:17 pm

che wrote:
The 14th wrote:Mourinho had a loss and a draw against barcelona in the league aspect. Better than pellegrini. That is the reality. Pellegrini didn't do a better job against barcelona...They had chances? Sure but it was against a 09/10 barcelona which was not as good as 10/11.

please do explain how a team that finishes the season with 96 points is better than a team that finishes with 99 points, especially if the goal difference is exactly the same

speaking of "borderline chances", i assume you celebrated the supercopa victory yes?
I wont bother explaining irrelevant things to you as my main statement that it is irrelevant to talk about pellegrini, and that mourinho is quite better than him is undeniable. I dont live in the past, and please dont tell me you do..

The super copa? Yes i celebrated it, dont tell me that ur trying to make an argument? We are talking about a team with a better squad, against a weakened barcelona, which could have conceded 8 goals or so..and bare in mind our players are right now not in the best condition regarding focus, after the euro cup..we were at a very low form against barca in the 1st leg..

What had to be said has been said. Irrelevant to talk about pellegrini, mourinho is better. If you agree or not, then thats your own thing.

But other than speculation and an intertoto cup pellegrini has nothing.
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:23 pm

none of those little tangibles that you use mean much in the end

and bare in mind our players are right now not in the best condition regarding focus, after the euro cup..we were at a very low form against barca in the 1st leg..

Laughing

anyway pellegrini taking villarreal from a village club to a cl semifinal is imo just as big an achievement as any of mourinho's league titles achieved by having a squad twice as good as the nearest competitors so yeah...

Last edited by che on Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:25 pm

The 14th wrote:
vizkosity wrote:
The 14th wrote:

win CL lol....

United have won 3 times in 60 + years, and we arguably have more of a chance to win the cl than them considering you got owned by bilbao in the europa league..and you dont even have the best midfield or defense in manchester.

what does it have to do with manchester united?
I just find the thought of RM winning CL atm a little...odd, is there anything wrong with it?

It's not like im claiming MU is a far superior competitor in CL, and will win it soon....

vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:28 pm

che wrote:
none of those little tangibles that you use mean much in the end

and bare in mind our players are right now not in the best condition regarding focus, after the euro cup..we were at a very low form against barca in the 1st leg..

Laughing
You won't beat me che..the reality is that we are not focused as it is shown, we won the super copa, and pellegrini failed, and instead of replying in a convincing way you try to find what you believe are fallacies when in fact all that had to be said has been said...What now mr che? Very Happy

You really think that your excuse about how higuain missed against LYON makes a difference? Look at both legs, madrid under a good tactician under good overall management would have found a better way to confront LYON.

Please now.
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The 14th Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:29 pm

vizkosity wrote:
The 14th wrote:
vizkosity wrote:
The 14th wrote:

win CL lol....

what does it have to do with manchester united?
I just find the thought of RM winning CL atm a little...odd, is there anything wrong with it?

It's not like im claiming MU is a far superior competitor in CL, and will win it soon....

Dont take it personally bro i was joking around a bit as i assume you were, you find it odd, and i find it odd about united because simply put i dont think they are anywhere near favorites..you talked about madrid and i stated arguable truth about united..just having some fun Very Happy Whats wrong with that...? Very Happy This current form of madrid is not a whole story, its a warning that we must improve. But as a team we are easily among favorites.

edit @ che, well then good for you, i respect that, but the point that im trying to make is that overall talking about pellegrini is irrelevant at this point, and that mourinho is better and thats why hes won 20 trophies in 4 countries , and has a near 70 percent winning percentage in 6 clubs in 12 years. Thats all Very Happy
The 14th
The 14th
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:38 pm

noone's comparing pellegrini to mourinho in general, what's being compared is pellegrini's madrid with mourinho's first year... and if you think pellegrini was a failure but mourinho a raging success then there really isn't much to say
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:43 pm

Who knows lol. But he has created many enemies that are powerful in Madrid. Perez is an elected President and cannot ignore political dangers if Mou doesn't succeed.

I mean the only reason anyone puts up with Mou's shatty personality is that he wins trophies. If he doesn't win, then why keep him?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next