eelir
Rebaño Sagrado
Donuts
free_cat
BarcaKizz
19 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jonathan Dos Santos : Mr. Persistent - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonathan Dos Santos : Mr. Persistent

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:47 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Fcbarca please... Just for the sake of peace on here drop it.

You too dani, ill ban you Razz

When was the last time you warned or banned someone hmm

JDS will definately get minutes in Copa. If we lose, we put out a big guns in the second round like last year...

The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Dos Santos : Mr. Persistent - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonathan Dos Santos : Mr. Persistent

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:50 am

Has JDS grown? He looked taller when he came in vs. Rayo.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:02 am

free_cat wrote:Has JDS grown? He looked taller when he came in vs. Rayo.

Just looked it up. Hasn't grown an inch in 2 years.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:31 pm

Good player with obvious La Masia DNA. Good awareness and passing. Having seen him a couple of times, he plays very well with Thiago, they have that telepathy thing going on. On top of that he completes more defensive duties than Song, the DM.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:43 am

Don't think he would have got much game time at Sevilla FCB but more at Mallorca. He is a committed guy and if he wants to stay because he thinks he has a chance then he should be allowed to stay and work his ass to getting that starting place.
As a guy said to me the other day about JDS
" Every day we thank ourselves that Xavi didn’t go to Milan and that the club didn’t send Iniesta to Celtic. Any Masia kid could be thinking the same thing – stick around long enough and the chance will come. "
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:08 am

The Sanchez wrote:
As a guy said to me the other day about JDS
" Every day we thank ourselves that Xavi didn’t go to Milan and that the club didn’t send Iniesta to Celtic. Any Masia kid could be thinking the same thing – stick around long enough and the chance will come. "

Nice quote. However, Xavi and Iniesta both got a lot more time than JDS is getting now. They were also visibly more talented.

Those situations are probably better equated with Thiago.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:14 am

Agreed Kizz.

As long as Cesc and Song are here, I don't see JDS having a future. His future is already limited due to Cesc, Thiago, Iniesta, Busquets all probably being mainstays in years to come, and NONE of them are old. Hell even Song is ahead in the pecking order, and he's not old either.

Unfortunately, I don't see a future at FCB with JDS. Which is sad, I'll certainly be following the little guy wherever he goes, keeping a close eye on his career.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:51 pm

Looks like he's staying...
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:16 am

Jonathan <3
The guy loves Barcelona and he wants to triumph here, this is the kind of players that we as Barca fans should support!
JDS at one point was as good as Thiago, but Pep and Tito didn't give him the chances he deserve. He played 25 official games with Barcelona including only 9 starts! Also, Pep was using him as a RB in some games!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:23 am

He has the talent but is only kept because Thiago left to be honest.
he'll probably get half the minutes Thiago got last season.. which is good compared to the amount he gets currently.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:07 am

He should of left to Sociedad. Don't see why he wants to stay, he won't play. He mentioned he wants to impress for the World Cup and wanted to get as much time as possible. Sociedad would of likely made him an every day starter. At Barca he still has Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Busi, Song and Sergi who had a GREAT set of friendlies so far and has looked very impressive. How is he going to play? Plus Barca are close to signing Denis Suarez from City with an agreement he will join B team this year and first team the next 3 years after that. So, even next year he will have competition ahead of him. He has no future with us

ONLY way he gets some time, is if Barca accept the last and final bid from Man U for Cesc. Even then, he would probably not really play and it would just increase Sergi's time.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Right now it looks like Sergi is going to get Thiago's minutes, not JDS
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:51 pm

Yes he should have left. A footballer's career is very short. High time he makes a name for himself. No one should be so completely dependent on someone/something else even if it is Barcelona.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:20 pm

I am impressed with his patience....but it seems now its time for him to move for his own sake. At least for the world cup. he has a good chance to play there.... he should not miss it....
Its not like waiting a season or two. It seems his dream with barca will never be fulfilled. Probably he is getting it difficult to move from his beloved club.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:45 pm

For better or worse its been confirmed now that he is staying.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:16 pm

Good, good for him.

I think people underestimate all the factors in moving. Its easy to sit here and say he should leave, but maybe he likes Barcelona, its his home and maybe he loves the club, but also he loves the city, his friends and the way of life.

I am sure at least a few people have left their home city where they grew up in and spent the majority of their life in...its not easy.

On a playing level, I see dont see why the back up Busquets role didnt go to him. He can play that role easily, its a perfect role for him where he doesnt have to overcomplicate anything.

And while I dont think Song has done badly, other than at CB, hes not 14m (or whatever price he cost) more important than JDS in the same situation would be.

Its a shame we felt Song was needed and guessed he could play CB.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:56 pm

JDS is staying in my opinion due to his fear of what happened to his brother.
Gio got inpatient and since his move to Spurs he seems to be going to a new club every season.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:08 pm

Its a shame Gio isnt the younger brother and could of learned from Jonathon.

Because Gio is actually really talented and if he was smart, he could of really done something with his club career.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:31 am

If you take a look at our squad, we don't have someone to be backup for Xavi. This is why he's staying, also it seems that Tata wants a bigger squad to rotate more...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:38 am

I think Song can on the very least play well on Xavi's position, better than as a DM or CB anyway.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:34 pm

with his frequent movement its difficult to say exactly which position Song can backup well.....
Gio talked about this publicly that he made mistake and ask his brother not to do the same...So thats understandable. But i think playing for a club like Real Socieded is not a too big challenge and also its in the same league. And he is in more matured sate than his brother.....
But i agree that the lad is finding it difficult to leave his club and mates. i personally like him very much as i liked his brother.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:35 pm

I liked Gio dos santos a lot and i understand the fact that he want to prevent his brother from making the same '' mistake '' than him.

However the dude is 23 and hasn't even played 20 games at the highest level . If you don't play you don't get better , as talented you might be . Next year he'll be 24 and i highly doubt he'll play a lot this season.

Very tough Situation for him.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:14 am

I dont agree with your last sentence.

Not a tough situation for him, since he is the only one to blame here. HE is the only reason he isn't playing. If he fails to develop beyond what he is now then its his fault. Not a tough situation. He is constantly trolled in the Mexican media for just wanting to be at Barca and take pics with his buddies on his instagram and valuing that more than playing. And I can compleltey see why he comes off that way since he constantly turns down chances to play

- He turned down Mexico last summer when called up for the Olympic squad. Mexico ends up winning the Olympics and he could of had a Olympic medal. Instead he wanted to tour with Barca to just eventually not play. Since then, this left a sour note with Mexico's coach and he has not been called up since (mind you the last time he was called up before the Olympics, he was part of a huge prostitution scandal when Mexico was about to play in the Copa America. Turned out disastrous for everyone involved as he got suspended and Mexico had little time to replace the players suspended and got eliminated in the groups)

- Last season he turned down multiple loan offers, including one from Mallorca which would of seen him play next to his brother and fellow Masia player Fontas. Instead he he turned down 3 loan offers, even though Barca was telling him to go since he wouldnt play, and ended up not playing at all.

- Sociedad has an open position in midfield with his name on it. He would get to play in an exciting team, with fellow Mexican Carlos Vela, and also get to play in the Champions League. The club was trying to SELL him, obvious indication they wanted him out, and he kept holding off only wanting to leave on a loan so he could return to the club. He ends up waiting for Tata to talk to him, Tata gave him a talk that he would like for him to stay and blam....odds are unless Tata plans on HEAVY rotation, he stays but wont play much.

So he turns down playing every single game for Sociedad, to playing random, if any, games with Barca in a World Cup year. So not only is he himself turning down playing regular fist team play at the highest level, but he is also risking not getting called up to the World Cup as he might not play enough to convince Mexico that he is ready. Sergi has looked fantastic in the pre-season and it's pretty obvious he will be likely be the pick behind Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc/Busi/Song to play in the midfield. Which makes JDS 7th choice. Way to progress your career.

If I sound harsh, it's only cause I can't fathom this kid turning down playing time and wasting his talent. At his age he should of already been somewhere playing and showcasing. Not being a professional instagram Barca photographer. I remember Tito made the comment last year that Barca wasnt a social club and then loaned out Cuenca and Fontas. JDS chose to stay even though the club accepted many offers for him. I get he has a dream..but at he also has to be realistic. He needs to make a choice, either he is going to be a foot baller player or a reserve his whole career. Right now he is giving every indication he does not mind being a reserve instead of playing.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:21 am

I think we have that mentality that he wont get any minutes and it shouldn't be the way we think.
What happened last year was Tito not using rotation, he would play Xavi to the ground until it was impossible THEN he would use Thiago.
Martinez seems to emphasize the word rotate, I can see JDS and Sergi Roberto getting 15-20 games, sub or not.
all we can do is wait though.
JDS has gone through three coaches in the first team surely if it doesn't work this year he'll call it quits, but I do think that is the reason he is staying.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Donuts wrote:JDS is staying in my opinion due to his fear of what happened to his brother.
Gio got inpatient and since his move to Spurs he seems to be going to a new club every season.

Very good point. An excellent example of how impatience can ruin one's career.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:14 pm

windkick, I really liked your post and agree largely with your comments. Scathing yes but perhaps deserved.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next