eelir
Rebaño Sagrado
Donuts
free_cat
BarcaKizz
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jonathan Dos Santos : Mr. Persistent - Page 2 Empty Re: Jonathan Dos Santos : Mr. Persistent

Post by FCBarça Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:27 pm

Of course it hurts us, a player who's merely occupying space on the bench but not getting playing time isn't helping the club or the player...More reason, again, that I mentioned Tito pointing out this wasn't a social club - even Fontas cited that as a reason why he finally agreed to move...Even Muniesa was going to move to Holland before the injury

And, indeed, Afellay was being panned for refusing to leave when deemed surplus yet at least he had played well when given chances and was coming off a serious knee injury...His persistence is far more understandable than JDS' and, in the end, he moved on with a loan without a problem

The Franchise wrote:
FCBarça wrote:Well, as long as you've left logic at the door....although that tends to make discussions pretty pointless

Way to ignore the point.

When you concede that logic doesn't enter into it, how isn't that the point

FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Jonathan Dos Santos : Mr. Persistent - Page 2 Empty Re: Jonathan Dos Santos : Mr. Persistent

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:28 pm

I could understand a player not wanting to move on loan. At Barca, very few players who leave on loan come back. Case in point: Bojan. When he left he was deemed surplus and not having enough playing time to properly develop. The loan was pitched as Bojan would go out for 2 years and come back more developed ready to take an important role on the team. The fact of the matter is that he is farther away from the club than he ever was before.

Out of all the players who left on loan, I think only Cuenca came back to have some serious playing time.

From my perspective, when Barca loan out a player it means they've given up on him. I could see other players thinking of it the same way.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:19 am

If JDS had a future at Barca they wouldn't have gotten Song.JDS has no future at Barca imo, and he isnt helping his chances by sitting on the bench. If he would have gone on loan he could have at least gotten the chance to impress Pito, but know he's just stuck on the sidelines.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:41 am

I agree. I think it's clear the team isn't looking at him as an option yet he insists on sticking around. With the comment Tito made about Barca not being a social club, I think it means JDS and others are just sticking around living it up with there friends and not thinking about there careers. If they were, they would jump at the opportunity to be a starter for a team to show worth instead of choosing to stay around and do absolutely nothing to help themselves out
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:09 am

If JDS is to get game time and improve his career as a player or try to get minutes with Barca then he should go on loan. Ibi has said in an interview that he wants to get back into the Barca team and going on loan was the best option. He wasn't kicked out. Just needed minutes to impress. JDS should opt to do the same though if he still wants to commit his loyalties at the club then Im fine as well though wage's will be a concern for the Barca board...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:08 am

The Sanchez wrote:If JDS is to get game time and improve his career as a player or try to get minutes with Barca then he should go on loan. Ibi has said in an interview that he wants to get back into the Barca team and going on loan was the best option. He wasn't kicked out. Just needed minutes to impress. JDS should opt to do the same though if he still wants to commit his loyalties at the club then Im fine as well though wage's will be a concern for the Barca board...

Precisely my point...Personally, I don't think JDS has a future with the club but perhaps he has a better shot than say Fontas...Either way, he needs to play regularly as did Piqué, Alba and Tello before he can be evaluated a player for the longterm at the club
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:54 am

You have not explained anything.

You have told us how other players wanted to go n loan, you have told us that its not ideal for the player and you have repeated its not a social club.

All pointless.

Explain how it hurts us in any way whatsoever.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Post #22 already spells it out...Roster spot for a non-essential player doesn't hurt a club when there are other pressing needs?

I already get your position, Franchise - it's hard to carry on a discussion if logic is set aside...That is pointless

FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:34 pm

"a player who's merely occupying space on the bench but not getting playing time isn't helping the club or the player"

Doesnt explain anything.

You still stuck up on the logic thing, do you actually need it explaining? I thought there was a little bit more upstairs with you.

Look, its simple. Being logical doesnt matter, because the only person with a decision to make is the player. He wants to stay, if thats best for him or not, is irrelevant. Logic doesnt matter because this isnt a joint decision.

Your talking about it doing harm to the club, but it clearly isnt.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:56 pm

What did Fontas mean then when he cited Tito's comments about this not being a social club as a basis for finally moving on for a loan, eh?

And JDS' decision not to move on does have relevance in the bigger picture, particularly when you look at the squad and where the needs are...Again, Afellay is a case in point...He didn't have to go on loan, he could've sat and socialized with his teammates, trained, not travel etc. - just like JDS...He'd be picking up a check for doing nada...Club loses out, player loses out and so no, no one wins

You've made it personal, again, Franchise and, frankly, it's odd for an Admin to also be consistent with your insults...It wasn't me who set logic aside
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:38 pm

Insults? What are you, a baby? Toughen up a little.

This is long and boring, I said my peice. To me, you havent explained at all what I asked and your just repeating yourself.

Again, if its such a terrible situation, we should cancell his contract. But we wont...probably because its not that big a deal.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:12 am

I actually like JDS and think its a bit unfair that he has been shunted out such.I think he is a very good player and can be a very good CM for us.
He has a very good touch,excellent passing particularly first touch pasing and can play the possession game very well.
He would certainly be a million times better than Cesc 'The Lost Lamb' Fabregas who gets a million chances at CM and still looks garbage.
Yet Cesc plays every game and JDS watches from the stands.
I admire the kid's perseverence and desire to make it here but I think he should read the writing on the wall.
Its unfair but the club simply doesnt want him.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 am

The Franchise wrote:Insults? What are you, a baby? Toughen up a little.

More insults, what a surprise...I was under the impression forums were for discussions and insults were the last refuge for the out-argued

I agree, it is boring...JDS travels today, surprisingly, but I still see him off on loan this winter - no place for him in the squad atm
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:31 pm

FCBarça wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Insults? What are you, a baby? Toughen up a little.

More insults, what a surprise...I was under the impression forums were for discussions and insults were the last refuge for the out-argued

I agree, it is boring...JDS travels today, surprisingly, but I still see him off on loan this winter - no place for him in the squad atm

... Please get over it.

Back on topic now.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:47 am

This useless guy, sits around like its a social club knowing he will never take the pitch.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:44 am

The Franchise wrote:This useless guy, sits around like its a social club knowing he will never take the pitch.

Are for real ?

He is not useless, and I'm sure in his mind, he is hoping to get his chance.

His pass to alexis today was amazing.

I know he has nearly 0 % chance of making it @ barca, but still, there is still something there.

Imagine if injuries dismantle our midfield like our current defence situation #touch wood#....plus there is always copa del rey.

gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:45 am

gondov wrote:
The Franchise wrote:This useless guy, sits around like its a social club knowing he will never take the pitch.

Are for real ?

I know he has nearly 0 % chance of making it @ barca, but still, there is still something there.

Imagine if injuries dismantle our midfield like our current defence situation #touch wood#....plus there is always copa del rey.

Turn on your sarcasm detector bro lol
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:50 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
gondov wrote:

Are for real ?

what?? ... scratch I'm so confused right now, lol

My bad. :facepalm:
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:54 am

gondov wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:
gondov wrote:

Are for real ?

what?? ... scratch I'm so confused right now, lol

My bad. :facepalm:

Just read back a bit in the thread and you'll understand haha. Dani's been supporting JDS' decision.

I was very happy to see him get minutes and I'm sure he'll be playing midweek.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:37 am

The more minutes JDS gets, the happier I am. I still have faith he can become a fantastic player.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure that future is with us. With Iniesta, Fab, Busquets, Thiago, and Song all looking to be here for a while, he seems pretty low on the pecking order, and I'm not sure he'll get enough of a look-in to even begin establishing himself, much less gaining any kind of significant role.

People say Song was the nail in the coffin for JDS, and indeed I guess that is the right way to say it, but Fabregas was the signing that killed most hope he had off- which was one reason I was against it, even as far as 2 years back. And with Song coming in here, it's probably best for both parties he leaves, however that is totally up to JDS. I'm inspired by his commitment to stay, yet part of me wants to see him leave and blossom, even if it as at another club other than his (and my) beloved Barca.

It's a shame, because I think had Fabregas not been signed, JDS could have really established himself in the side, even if that was as a bench player. And I think- for Barca at least- JDS could have been better than Fab.

I miss the little guy. I even got him on loan in FIFA, and intend to buy him. Wherever he goes though, I think he'll be successful... he's got the right stuff.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:18 am

Fantastic pass to Alexis and some quality play in limited minutes but as Tito mentioned in his pressy, he wanted the player to go on loan to get seasoned...So, nice try at pointing to me as deeming the player 'useless'
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:43 pm

Nah, there is no nice try. The point im making is, all this talk about how he should be here...yet, still gets on the pitch somehow..

Like I said before, if him being around is doing the club so much damage why are we still playing around with him by leaving the door open?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:22 am

Fcbarca please... Just for the sake of peace on here drop it.

You too dani, ill ban you Razz
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:42 am

The Franchise wrote:Nah, there is no nice try. The point im making is, all this talk about how he should be here...yet, still gets on the pitch somehow..

Like I said before, if him being around is doing the club so much damage why are we still playing around with him by leaving the door open?

Why?...Maybe now because there was a lack of depth due to injuries and having an extra player in the squad made some sense

As I said already and Tito pointed out in the pressy, they want JDS on loan
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:23 pm

Yep, no other options out there at all. We couldnt of done anything else.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:47 am

BarcaKizz wrote:Fcbarca please... Just for the sake of peace on here drop it.

You too dani, ill ban you Razz

When was the last time you warned or banned someone hmm

JDS will definately get minutes in Copa. If we lose, we put out a big guns in the second round like last year...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next