Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever?

+43
la bestia negra
izzy
gondov
Zealous
the xcx
BiasedMilanFan3
Kingofeverythingclassy
II Capitano
The Sanchez
StrugaRock
Albiceleste
Arquitecto
ELO
McAgger
Magricos
Babun
lenear1030
FalcaoPunch
CBarca
VanDeezNuts
rwo power
LeSwagg James
VivaStPauli
Vibe
Onyx
che
Doc
stevieg8
DRK
aford92
VendettaRed07
Le Samourai
Art Morte
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
LeVersacci
The Messiah
Raptorgunner
Swanhends
Ganso
Mp4krJuventino
Gil
free_cat
47 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Ganso wrote:i dont know why people call Kaka overpriced,Madrid bought balon dor kaka not today's one

Kaka had at least 1 poor season before he joined Madrid......

In anycase it doesn't matter what they bought, fact is he didn't perform anywhere near to that price tag.

Excuses or not that's a fact.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever?

Post by Ganso Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:09 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Ganso wrote:i dont know why people call Kaka overpriced,Madrid bought balon dor kaka not today's one

Kaka had at least 1 poor season before he joined Madrid......

In anycase it doesn't matter what they bought, fact is he didn't perform anywhere near to that price tag.

Excuses or not that's a fact.
So what?Kaka flopped thats ture,that doesnt mean he was overpriced.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Has he performed to the level of a 56m player? if not he's overpriced.

Doesn't matter what they bought him for and what level he was at the time, if he doesn't produce the goods for that club at the level expected then he's overpriced.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Madrid fans are in no position to ridicule this transfer at all, if the premise is that martinez to bayern for 40m is for depth.

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 pm

No,not performing up to his price is called flopping.

Overpriced:Lucas for 40M,Carrol 35M etc
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:26 pm

The fee might increase up to 48 millions eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:26 pm

Agreed with Ganso
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Andy Carroll says hello.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:41 pm

lenear1030 wrote:Madrid fans are in no position to ridicule this transfer at all, if the premise is that martinez to bayern for 40m is for depth.

Why?

"I get angry every week when I go to buy petrol," fumed Hoeness in the Daily Mail. "The oil mafia takes money out of my pocket to invest it in footballers. For me this stinks to high heaven and I include Mr Abramovich in all this. We need to beat clubs like Chelsea on the field of play

He complained when Hoffenheim's owner spent 10 million, it was an injustice to German football somehow.

But when his club is buying, it's ok everything's cool, he can buy Ribery ,Robben, Neuer and Gomez at a higher price than any other German club has paid for any individual transfer in the history of German football and it's ok. Will break the German transfer record for the third time in 4 years.

You can say it's mot the same situation and they're not in debt (solely because they outscored loans for their stadium to some bullshit outside corporation) but at the same time his club has spent more money than every other German club combined and still loses.

He needs to get off his high horse and look in the mirror, he can complain about us and Chelsea all he wants but who is inflating the German market with transfer activity over the last 4 years? Bayern is.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 pm

Hoeneß is a baller
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
"I get angry every week when I go to buy petrol," fumed Hoeness in the Daily Mail. "The oil mafia takes money out of my pocket to invest it in footballers. For me this stinks to high heaven and I include Mr Abramovich in all this. We need to beat clubs like Chelsea on the field of play

He complained when Hoffenheim's owner spent 10 million, it was an injustice to German football somehow.

But when his club is buying, it's ok everything's cool, he can buy Ribery ,Robben, Neuer and Gomez at a higher price than any other German club has paid for any individual transfer in the history of German football and it's ok. Will break the German transfer record for the third time in 4 years.

You can say it's mot the same situation and they're not in debt (solely because they outscored loans for their stadium to some bullshit outside corporation) but at the same time his club has spent more money than every other German club combined and still loses.

He needs to get off his high horse and look in the mirror, he can complain about us and Chelsea all he wants but who is inflating the German market with transfer activity over the last 4 years? Bayern is.
Well, the point is that Bayern earned every cent they spend from their business as football club, while rich owners just gift money which they earned completely outside of any footballing ventures to their clubs.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:44 pm

Andy Carroll - 11 goals 56 apps.....a goal every 5.09 games
Fernando Torres - 13 goals 68 apps....a goal every 5.23 games

Carroll is more prolific bitches cheers
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:48 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Andy Carroll - 11 goals 56 apps.....a goal every 5.09 games

Leon Best is more profilic than both of them Laughing so hardly something to gloat over :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:49 pm

rwo power wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

Well, the point is that Bayern earned every cent they spend from their business as football club, while rich owners just gift money which they earned completely outside of any footballing ventures to their clubs.

Him complaining is in bad taste.

But I'll play ball.So he's complaining about owners injecting capital? No he isn't.

"I have great respect for that club, its name, its tradition. The only thing I dislike is that it is a club that has great athletic success but will not pay their debts by itself. That's a problem," said Hoeness.

"

Hoeness continued: "Only Madrid owe more money than all the Bundesliga."

That's great....except to ensure this debt free image he had to setup a bullshit external account to handle the loan on his new stadium.

He's criticizing Florentino's business model when it generates more revenue annually than any other club.

Madrid earns every cent that they spend from.

So what's the excuse here?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:50 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Andy Carroll - 11 goals 56 apps.....a goal every 5.09 games

Leon Best is more profilic than both of them Laughing so hardly something to gloat over :coffee:

Who gives a shite about Best.
We got 15mill and a more prolific scorer in the past 1 and half years.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:52 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

You do obviously, you spent 35m and our back up from Coventry was more prolific over the same time span Laughing

85m and Best still wins Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:53 pm

well, personally i'd say yes. Sammer and Heynckes seem to rate him very highly and they think he's the type of player they are missing and apperantly they cant get him for less. Plus they DO have the money, so who are we to judge, next year we can talk about flop or not.

Also allegedly Martinez agreed to get paid like 2mil less a year.
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:55 pm

che wrote:on a related note, how completely *bleep* are bilbao? replacing llorente with aduriz and martinez with... well, noone, really

and la liga keeps going further down the toilet...

Tsk tsk Che, keep your head up Smile

Yes,Fernando Llorente is a MASSIVE loss however way you look at it. Just like how Milan fans deny Ibra isn't a loss or Arsenal fans deny the same for RvP's departure, we all know how big of a loss Llorente is for Atheltic.

Llorente will be replaced in the way that Muniain will play a #10 role supporting the false 9s in either Ibai or Ismael Lopez (possibly Susaeta as well). So essentially it'll be similar to Rossi-Cassano for Italia combined with Bielsa's personal inclusion of tactics.

Aduriz? I know you are glad to get rid of the prolific scorer but I predict he will be 'ostracized' by Bielsa.

But, you are wrong about Javi as he will not leave such a substantially large gap in the squad.

Lets start with the CB role, Athletic have Mikel San Jose and Amorbieta both who are perfectly capable of leading the backline despite inconsistencies here and there and not to mention the talented ball playing Borja Ekiza. Midfield is what your thinking about am I correct? Well for some reason a certain Ander Iturraspe keeps flying over everyones head as along with Xabier Prieto, he is the most underrated midfielder in the Liga and was by a considerable gap Athletic's best midfielder last season. Imagine the tenacity of Scott Parker with the drive and skill of Fernando Redondo. That is Iturraspe for you.

And of course, Plan B is Benat, who is another Euskal.

OT: Most overpriced transfer ever? Not a chance as I agree the price is worth a bit more than he is worth, yet you have to understand this is a 23 year old physical behemoth with the technique right up there with the best and who is versatile enough to play CB, DM, CM and occasionally his AM position in Bielsa's 3-5-2. Aside from his wonky positioning there is not a skill he doesn't possess as its the sheer combination of his overall complete package which gives him such a high price.

Guess what? The fact that Luca Modric is being rated higher here just says it all about how little people watch Athletic here.

Javi is not worth 40 but its not ABSOLUTELY ridiculous to give him this price tag considering there are far worse and unproven perpetrators of a higher price tag.

Bayern in the end will definitely realize he was worth every single penny with the returns he will give them through his quality.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
che wrote:on a related note, how completely *bleep* are bilbao? replacing llorente with aduriz and martinez with... well, noone, really

Ander Iturraspe keeps flying over everyones head as along with Xabier Prieto, he is the most underrated midfielder in the Liga and was by a considerable gap Athletic's best midfielder last season. Imagine the tenacity of Scott Parker with the drive and skill of Fernando Redondo. That is Iturraspe for you.

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 3 No

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 3 Ander-Herrera-bemoans-his-sides-defeat-against-Atletico-La-Liga-News-153905

Razz
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:03 am

Le Samourai wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:

Ander Iturraspe keeps flying over everyones head as along with Xabier Prieto, he is the most underrated midfielder in the Liga and was by a considerable gap Athletic's best midfielder last season. Imagine the tenacity of Scott Parker with the drive and skill of Fernando Redondo. That is Iturraspe for you.

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 3 No

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 3 Ander-Herrera-bemoans-his-sides-defeat-against-Atletico-La-Liga-News-153905

Razz

LMAO Josh coincidently I was writing this paragraph in having you in mind as I knew you would bring this up Very Happy

Ander is incredibly underrated I agree, but the fact is Itu and Prieto are so underrated it self-microwaves my balls. But I've long appreciated your own appreciation for Ander as I personally feel he is even better than Thiago and is the future TQ/AM for our NT. We need to bring more awareness on this forum to this gem of a player.

Hopefully though Bielsa will stop subbing him off (although its down to his stamina e.g Mou vs Oezil).

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:11 am

Milla had the audacity to drop him for the Olympics.Didn't start him in a single game, it was a travesty to be honest,

I agree as a teraquista there's no one better in Spain.

Thiago will play behind them, I don't think Ander and Thaigo will ever be in contention for the same spot for Espana.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 am

Le Samourai wrote:Milla had the audacity to drop him for the Olympics.Didn't start him in a single game, it was a travesty to be honest,

I agree as a teraquista there's no one better in Spain.

Thiago will play behind them, I don't think Ander and Thaigo will ever be in contention for the same spot for Espana.

Milla? Laughing

You see we put up with VDB's abysmal squad selections simply because he is an absolute genius and brings results nonetheless.

Milla despite winning the U-21 championship doesn't have that incredible safety net due to his equally poor squad/formation selection along with not displaying enough to keep him as a permanent manager. Deserved to be sacked despite his solid results.

And thankfully yes Ander will not have to compete with Thiago as I 100% agree that Ander must be played as TQ with Thiago supporting him similar to the U-21 Championship. We all know how devastatingly effective this combination can be. (I know, I'm swelling with as much pride as you are).

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:31 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

You clearly do.

Torres has flopped at Chelsea so far but he was prolific at Liverpool and had like 4 goals in his last 3 games under Dalglish or something like that.

His record would have been alot better for Liverpool than it was at Chelsea.

You did extremely well to get £50m for him but you wasted all of it on a Championship striker.

Had Torres stayed you'd probably be back in the Top 4 now.

Wouldn't have to waste a further £75m+ on English scrubs to build the side around Carroll.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 am

Javi himself has said he wasn't worth 40m Laughing

Joke of a transfer fee really, but Bilbao would be stupid not to take it.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:03 am

Bayern should stick with Gustavo instead of paying 40m. Javi Martinez isn't 40m better than Gustavo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:08 am

Honestly I know Idrifail makes him hard to like but Gustavo is a great player.The thing about it is , to give Schweinstiger freedom up front he actually changed his game somewhat, he's capable going forward and is an impressive passer, but he adapted to playing with schweinstiger.

I don't see why Javi would be any different, though he has slightly more quality.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next