Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever?

+43
la bestia negra
izzy
gondov
Zealous
the xcx
BiasedMilanFan3
Kingofeverythingclassy
II Capitano
The Sanchez
StrugaRock
Albiceleste
Arquitecto
ELO
McAgger
Magricos
Babun
lenear1030
FalcaoPunch
CBarca
VanDeezNuts
rwo power
LeSwagg James
VivaStPauli
Vibe
Onyx
che
Doc
stevieg8
DRK
aford92
VendettaRed07
Le Samourai
Art Morte
S
Great Leader Sprucenuce
LeVersacci
The Messiah
Raptorgunner
Swanhends
Ganso
Mp4krJuventino
Gil
free_cat
47 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever?

Post by Le Samourai Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:18 pm

I don't know what to say I thought both Torres and Carrol were pretty good performance wise this year (2012)

But wait.

Gone are the days of the ridiculous Ander Subs and dropping him every other game, it's his team now :bow:

Ander and Camacho leading their respective teams next year :bow:

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever?

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:20 pm

40m is way too much. He's worth 25m max.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:24 pm

che wrote:on a related note, how completely *bleep* are bilbao? replacing llorente with aduriz and martinez with... well, noone, really

and la liga keeps going further down the toilet...

They can check the other Basque teams to see if they find another Martinez somewhere Razz
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:25 pm

benat is basque hmm
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:26 pm

In a normal world this is a 15 million transfer and both sides are happy...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Lol Downing cost 15m less and he's not supposed to score goals anyway.

Carroll is and he's still only scored like 6 more. Laughing

Carroll is a worse signing by miles, i'm grateful for it though :coffee:

Hmm I thought it was 20 million.

He had no assists either though Razz
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:31 pm

Is Llorente confirmed out, Che?
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:40 pm

Torres has earned us around £10m in shirt sales and endorsements.

And he was once the best striker in the World or at the very least Top 3 for you haters.

People weren't laughing at the fee Chelsea paid for Torres originally unlike Carroll.

Carroll is a midtable striker. Always was, always will.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:42 pm

Doc wrote:Torres was equally bad no matter what Gil would possibly write. I still think Real Madrid beats all pissing contest and cock fights with the Kaka purchase when it comes to over pricing a player's services.

Kaka isn't the name you're looking for.

The name doesn't spring to mind but Woodgate has to be the strangest transfer in history.

Also Baljic Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:Is Llorente confirmed out, Che?

no but he wants out and they already got aduriz, so it's kind of 2+2= ...

Gil wrote:

People weren't laughing at the fee Chelsea paid for Torres originally unlike Carroll.

true... originally it was more like "wtf", the laughter came 12 months and 3 goals later Laughing
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:48 pm

I'm actually shocked Bayern are paying the asking price for anything - they don't usually do that. They can afford it, however.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Agreed..obviously in hindsight Chelsea overpaid for what they got, but how could they have known that after 8 straight high-quality seasons he would suddenly drop off the face of the earth?

Carroll on the other hand was purchased for 35 Million Pounds based on a season and a half, one year of which was spent in the Championship..
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 pm

The Messiah wrote:No...we need him for depth purposes. He's worth every gadamn penny.

Laughing

Trying so hard to justify this ridiculous transfer
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I'm actually shocked Bayern are paying the asking price for anything - they don't usually do that. They can afford it, however.
Well, you don't know what's happening under the counter. Maybe they are actually paying less, but communicate the 40 mio to let Bilbao keep face....
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:54 pm

It's not even that ridiculous. They overpayed a bit, but they do need more versatile DMs/CMs. Tymo and Gustavo are both inconsistent, plus both of them are almost pure destroyers, Bayern could use a bit of flexibility, especially since Jupp doesn't want to play Kroos deep.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:55 pm

rwo power wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:I'm actually shocked Bayern are paying the asking price for anything - they don't usually do that. They can afford it, however.
Well, you don't know what's happening under the counter. Maybe they are actually paying less, but communicate the 40 mio to let Bilbao keep face....

That's actually what I suspect, because Hoeness is one cheap mofo.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Martinez can seamlessly switch between CB, DM, and CM

40 is over the top, but most overpriced transfer ever? No way
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Doc wrote:Torres was equally bad no matter what Gil would possibly write. I still think Real Madrid beats all pissing contest and cock fights with the Kaka purchase when it comes to over pricing a player's services.

He was a former Ballon D'or winner and one of the top 5 biggest names in football at the time.. He wasn't as over-priced as you think when we first bought him

:coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:01 pm

When Torres was a LFC player, Gil never ever picked him as a top 5 striker in the world. He repeatedly referred to him as a "decent finisher"

also labled him as a big game flop after that 4-4 draw at the Bridge.

but what evs.... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Surag wrote:Kaka was not depth..However they've made some overpriced depth transfers too..Coentrao comes to mind..

With that being said Martinez is not depth and will be a regular starter in Bayern's X1.He'll start ahead of Gustavo or play at CB ahead of Badstuber/Boateng

Since when are you the manager of Bayern Munich, also I didn't know you could see through the future so as to tell if Dante will bench Badstuber or Boateng. We currently have Neuer, Lahm, Schweinstiger, Ribery and Robben as our only undisputed starters. As for Martinez the matter is not certained yet, we bough Dante to improve our defense and we Bought Martinez to cover for Schweinsteiger and Improve our midfield by bring a balance.

Here are our possible line-up with Martinez.

This is how I feel we'll look with Martinez around, I feel 3 formations will suit us best and 2 other formation might be decent.

Best formation 451+433+4321. Decent formation 442 and 442Diamond.

and here it goes.

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 2 487454_FC_Bayern_Munchen

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 2 487461_FC_Bayern_Munchen

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 2 487465_FC_Bayern_Munchen

That is our first team and you can not really tell how we line up. Sometimes it's almost like Kroos is a C-Midfielder and Robbery sometimes operate as wingers and sometimes they look like strikers.

as for our bench, this how it will look. I think the only undisputed starters in Bayern right now, are: Neuer, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Ribery and Robben.

Next to them are Kross, Alaba, Boateng, Dante, Badstuber, Martinez, Gustavo, Muller, Shaqiri, Gomez and Mandzukic.

Next to them are either Badstuber Dante or Boateng, depends on the one that turns out to be better, but judging from the super cup match against Dortmund, it seems like the Coach have faith on Dante-Boateng, but also Badstuber is a very good defender and good kick out Boateng or Dante. Boateng has a serious advantage because he can use both feet and playing Dante-Badstuber might be too dangerous since they are both left-footed but nevertheless we'll see how it goes.

Next in line are Rafinha, Contento and Pizarro.

Emergencies are Starke, DVB, Can Tymo and Weiser

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 2 487480_FC_Bayern_Munchen

Diamond 442, I doubt if it will ever happens but it goes like this.

Is 40m euros for javi martinez the most overpriced transfer ever? - Page 2 487514_FC_Bayern_Munchen

Please note that I am throwing players around, just to show case how good our depth is and how versatile our players are, any manager that is not able to win anything with this group of player should be taken to court for negligent.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:52 pm

over priced. yes. but the most overpriced transfer ever? not even close.

id rate javi at about 20m i think is fair maybe 25.

but then you have to remember the other transfers that have been made lately like torres, carrol, ibra, kaka, coentrao etc.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:54 pm

If Modric is worth 30 million, then I'd rate Martinez at about 15-20 million honestly.

And realistically Martinez is 25 million MAX.

I agree, not the most overpriced, but pretty highly overpriced, Martinez is not worth much more than half that price in my opinion.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:59 pm

i dont know why people call Kaka overpriced,Madrid bought balon dor kaka not today's one
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Ganso wrote:i dont know why people call Kaka overpriced,Madrid bought balon dor kaka not today's one

thats true. i guess people just take into account performance just as most people do with ibra at barca as well as carrol and torres

also considering kaka's injury and his performance in 08 i think he was overpriced despite how good of a player he was for milan

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Ganso wrote:i dont know why people call Kaka overpriced,Madrid bought balon dor kaka not today's one
This. I typed an entire replied explaining this then I was like nahhhh they must already know.

40 million for Javi is a joke. A good player but a joke of a price.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:06 pm

Kaka had at least 1 poor season before he joined Madrid......

In anycase it doesn't matter what they bought, fact is he didn't perform anywhere near to that price tag.

Excuses or not that's a fact.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next