Lex
RedOranje
RebaƱo Sagrado
daneq
andiii
36 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

what i find painful about football - Page 4 Empty Re: what i find painful about football

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:16 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
Donuts wrote:It is a fact that in a game it is more probable for a player to get injured in Football then Basketball. The stupid videos of someone getting knocked out are stupid.. do you remember Drogba getting knocked out?
Also ask yourself would you rather get punched in your face or get a facefull of cleats.

Another who hasn't played basketball :facepalm:
I used facts not a stupid childish argument of what you think.

Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

what i find painful about football - Page 4 Empty Re: what i find painful about football

Post by Swanhends Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Lol@ Contact is harder in football.Because a tackle hurts more than getting pushed mid air and falling off balance onto a wooden floor.

Lol at you thinking that contacts in basketball hurt more.
It's basic physics.

A 75 kgm player running at you at 25 km/hour and making a sliding tackle further propelling himself possibly over 40 km/hour and concentrating all his this force in his feet/studs carries much more force than a 100 kg basketball player moving at barely 10 km/hour and pushing you with his hands.

You've never played basketball with serious people...
You don't know how hard it hurts getting slammed to the floor..

I dunno what kind of basketball you play, but getting slammed to the floor isn't really a common occurrence..
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:56 pm

Donuts wrote:People play act because the refs let them..
women's volleyball is where its at.. :coffee:
what i find painful about football - Page 4 Fake10

Woahhhh.........I want to hit that sooooo badly! Shocked
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:10 pm

BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
free_cat wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Lol@ Contact is harder in football.Because a tackle hurts more than getting pushed mid air and falling off balance onto a wooden floor.

It's basic physics.

A 75 kgm player running at you at 25 km/hour and making a sliding tackle further propelling himself possibly over 40 km/hour and concentrating all his this force in his feet/studs carries much more force than a 100 kg basketball player moving at barely 10 km/hour and pushing you with his hands.

I dunno what kind of basketball you play, but getting slammed to the floor isn't really a common occurrence..

Well at my gym there are guys much bigger then me, and I like to drive in alot, so it isn't uncommon for that to happen..

Not to mention playing outdoors on the gravel.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:23 pm

Play hockey and rugby.......real manly sports.
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
free_cat wrote:

It's basic physics.

Well at my gym there are guys much bigger then me, and I like to drive in alot, so it isn't uncommon for that to happen..

Well on a professional level it's safe to say they are all giants and not playing in gravel so your explaining personal experiences of being a midget and sucking at basketball doesn't make the sport dangerous.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:30 pm

getting hit off balance and falling to the floor does not make him sucking at basketball.....

its not like footballers getting tackled straight on by studs happens every other play either....

both sports have their own physical demands imo.... tackles can be nasty, but falling off-balance can be just as horrid for knee and ankle. both sports can have injury videos that i wish i have never saw
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Donuts wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
BhritanniaBhlue wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:
free_cat wrote:

It's basic physics.

Well on a professional level it's safe to say they are all giants and not playing in gravel so your explaining personal experiences of being a midget and sucking at basketball doesn't make the sport dangerous.
5'11 a midget for a 16 year old Laughing
Stay mad bro Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/876512-ranking-sports-from-least-to-most-dangerous-including-nfl-nba-nhl-and-soccer/page/6
http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/most-dangerous-sports.asp
and this is just the first two results of google, mind you I'm browsing from USA which claims *soccer* as a pus$ies sport.
Disagree with me? Prove me real evidence but if your only argument is "well everyone else is taller then me when I play of course it's more dangerous" then kindly stay quiet you look like a kid with down syndrome
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:01 pm

People are missing the point , the question is not which sport has a higher propensity for bad injuries, it's which sport is more painful.You take much more contact in basketball than in football and that's just a fact, the cheeky jabs to the ribs "unintentional" elbows , they don't stop the game for any of that and people play through it like it's nothing.Driving you fall with fair regularity and that's especially painful.

Meanwhile Sanchez gets Kneed in the back and he falls on the ground holding his face like someone stole his candy, please tell me you don't see a clear difference there.

There is no playacting in basketball, and more importantly, if there is refs don't respect it and it gets you nothing.

That's the fundamental difference , and it has nothing to do with injuries or how dangerous the sport is, it's a cultural difference which gives Euros a extremely bad rep.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:07 pm

Donuts wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/876512-ranking-sports-from-least-to-most-dangerous-including-nfl-nba-nhl-and-soccer/page/6
and this is just the first two results of google, mind you I'm browsing from USA which claims *soccer* as a pus$ies sport.
Disagree with me? Prove me real evidence but if your only argument is "well everyone else is taller then me when I play of course it's more dangerous" then kindly stay quiet you look like a kid with down syndrome

Well you don't even know what down syndrome is then Laughing

Listen to josh^ he explains it perfectly.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 pm

CBarca wrote:
elitedam wrote:It doesn't really matter which sport is more dangerous Football players don't flop and dive around because football is dangerous. The NFL has a lot more serious injuries than both basketball and football combined and yet you hardly see any flopping there. It has a lot more to do with the culture of the sports. In some sports and in some countries flopping is a lot more accepted as a common tactic.

I absolutely hate it. It's the worst aspect about this beautiful game and it takes away from the spectacle. It's infuriating and steps should be taken to discourage players from doing it.

It's why I loved seeing Neymar getting booed every time he went to ground in the olympics. Although many times he wasn't faking it, he has a rightfully earned reputation as a flopper. Maybe it will teach him something.

Where in gridiron football is flopping...useful? I don't know much about gridiron but I'm pretty sure there is no real use for it. It's not like you're trying to get someone sent off for a tackle, you get tackled all the time.

People dive to win. Football is the easiest sport to dive in and get rewarded for it, which is why it's most common there. As for playacting...well same thing, pretty much.

I was thinking they could flop to get penalties called against their adversaries. Penalties like holding, pass interference, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc...
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:36 am

Donuts wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/876512-ranking-sports-from-least-to-most-dangerous-including-nfl-nba-nhl-and-soccer/page/6

bleacher report Laughing Laughing Laughing
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:58 am

thought this thread could do with this
what i find painful about football - Page 4 5047062_460s
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:22 pm

haha i came in to post that same pic

:bow:
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4