Lex
RedOranje
Rebaño Sagrado
daneq
andiii
36 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

what i find painful about football - Page 2 Empty Re: what i find painful about football

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:17 am

Potential wrote:
free_cat wrote:Are you comparing women's basketball to men's football?

Basketball is a sport where there are nearly no injuries caused directly by the opposition players. Womens hit softer.

Football is a sport with many injuries caused directly by the opposition (probably only surpassed by rugby and american football) and men hit much harder.

Is that your excuse for diving and play acting? Trust me, nobody wants to see Di Maria, Alves or Vidal on the ground for 5 minutes for every little contact, it's a disgrace.

Punish diving or play acting is the only way to prevent this, I'd personally give Busquets 10 match ban for his play acting on Motta vs inter in the semis, one match ban for diving for a free kick and three for a penalty, do this for a month and I promise diving will disappear.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact that contacts in men's football are much harder than women's basketball.

The way to cut playacting is force a player that is "injured" to stay in the side for at least 3 minutes. The way to cut diving is technology: instant replay for the 4th referee who can warn of dived penalties and fouls, and then book with a yellow card as stipulated. A yellow card is a just punishment for diving, as any other unsporting behaviour.

You would give 10 ban match for Busquet's playacting in the midfield and 3 match ban for someone who dives a penalty? Biased much?

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

what i find painful about football - Page 2 Empty Re: what i find painful about football

Post by Le Samourai Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:25 am

Lol@ Contact is harder in football.Because a tackle hurts more than getting pushed mid air and falling off balance onto a wooden floor.

The thing about basketball is that you don't get punished for it much but it's rarer to get rewarded for it compared to football.

Football rewards divers more often than not.

Also injury at the hands of opposition players happen at a relatively similar rate.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:30 am

free_cat wrote:Basketball is a sport where there are nearly no injuries caused directly by the opposition players. Womens hit softer.

Competitive women are far more aggressive than you think.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:30 am

Le Samourai wrote:Lol@ Contact is harder in football.Because a tackle hurts more than getting pushed mid air and falling off balance onto a wooden floor.

Lol at you thinking that contacts in basketball hurt more.
It's basic physics.

A 75 kgm player running at you at 25 km/hour and making a sliding tackle further propelling himself possibly over 40 km/hour and concentrating all his this force in his feet/studs carries much more force than a 100 kg basketball player moving at barely 10 km/hour and pushing you with his hands.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:41 am

I play basketball and football, tackles generally hurt but we see what you're describing very rarely.And when you're driving to the rim the slightest nudge from behind while you're in the air completely takes away your sense of balance, you're basically falling with no control of how you fall onto a wooden floor, that's painful.Gravity and surface hardness make up for whatever momentum players have.

And in basketball it's not uncommon to take a puch in the back , elbow, closethline etc, people don't get ejected for "kneeing someone in the back" lmao, that's not even a foul, all the reds for unintentional elbows, they don't happen, people just get up and play.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:33 am

Le Samourai wrote:I play basketball and football, tackles generally hurt but we see what you're describing very rarely.And when you're driving to the rim the slightest nudge from behind while you're in the air completely takes away your sense of balance, you're basically falling with no control of how you fall onto a wooden floor, that's painful.Gravity and surface hardness make up for whatever momentum players have.

And in basketball it's not uncommon to take a puch in the back , elbow, closethline etc, people don't get ejected for "kneeing someone in the back" lmao, that's not even a foul, all the reds for unintentional elbows, they don't happen, people just get up and play.

This.

Free_cat, you sound like you've never played basketball. If you think players driving to the hoop don't reach the same types of top speeds that typically are involved in tackles (most of them don't involve bale running down the wing at top speed), then you're delusional.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Well, if you'd have seen the Women World Cup match Canada vs Germany, there Sinclair broke her nose in an ill-timed tackle, but she didn 't act like the average male wimpy player - she had to be forced to leave the pitch and even fought the medics to let her get back onto the pitch. That was a scene where I thought "See guys? That's how it should be and not rolling on the floor after you only got an evil stare by your opponent"!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:49 pm

There is no excuse, rolling around and all that other crap is used to get the advantage and the opposition sent off.

Diving and play acting is disgusting, it's a form of cheating but unfortunately it's so wide spread that it's difficult to see an outcome where we will be rid of it.

Footballers go down like they have been shot by an elephant gun, it's not acceptable.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Le Samourai wrote:I play basketball and football, tackles generally hurt but we see what you're describing very rarely.And when you're driving to the rim the slightest nudge from behind while you're in the air completely takes away your sense of balance, you're basically falling with no control of how you fall onto a wooden floor, that's painful.Gravity and surface hardness make up for whatever momentum players have.

Yeah, I played basketball when I was between 10-18 years. Once saw in training one guy clean through only for another one to give him a push from the back when he was in the air, landed very awkwardly, knee damage, wasn't playing for 6 months. People were so mad at the fouling player.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:02 pm

free_cat wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Lol@ Contact is harder in football.Because a tackle hurts more than getting pushed mid air and falling off balance onto a wooden floor.

It's basic physics.

A 75 kgm player running at you at 25 km/hour and making a sliding tackle further propelling himself possibly over 40 km/hour and concentrating all his this force in his feet/studs carries much more force than a 100 kg basketball player moving at barely 10 km/hour and pushing you with his hands.

Basic physics rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Tell me a tackle hurts more than that

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:32 pm

football and basketball are both for pussies, ice hockey and rugby is where it's at :coffee:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:46 pm

Lol at people defending those divers. If you want to avoid getting hurt then don't play football wtf there is no excuse for it in this sport. Pussies dive and now it has become a part of the game. The reason this sport isn't considered seriously in the US is the play acting. They should do something because those barca Madrid fairies plus neymar drogba and a couple Italians are really overdoing it.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Laughing Those "physics" numbers being thrown around are such a crock of shite. Playing both, there's no comparison, basketball brings the pain.

Players these days are freakin' fairies.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 pm

free_cat wrote:

It's basic physics.

Lol at these b.s. numbers. Yeah, everyone in the NBA moves at "barely 10km/hr" rofl LeBron James is about 113 kg and I guarantee he's faster than 75% of football players, if not more.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Watching women's football atm and they are tougher than the men rofl

Not seen one dive all game.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Watching women's football atm and they are tougher than the men rofl

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:12 pm

justdoit_ wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Watching women's football atm and they are tougher than the men rofl

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Spoiler:

Morgan :bow:

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Sexy wins it for us
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:15 pm

Dem crosses
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:16 pm

LolCanada

USA :bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Mole: Well, Canada impressed me a lot in the WWC, too. Sinclair FTW!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:45 pm

rwo power wrote:Mole: Well, Canada impressed me a lot in the WWC, too. Sinclair FTW!

Sinclair was very impressive, i don't know if this was just a USA V Canada rivalry thing or not but as far as i'm concerned. The Men could learn a lot from the Women on commitment and just getting on with the game instead of just rolling round and feigning injury all game.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Actually most women teams don't dive (Brazil is the exception. And Lira Bajramaj what i find painful about football - Page 2 2276801876 )
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Do NOT start the Barca/Madrid nonsense.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Think it's officially time to recognize Megan Rapinoe as the female incarnation of David Beckham.

That woman has some serious tekkers in the pass. Don't think there's a player in all of women's football who's more deadly out wide or with set-pieces. She just sliced Canada open time and again with those long balls. Amazing.

I do not find Women's football at all painful to watch. Been some great games over the years. Gold medal match with USA-Japan is a must watch, I'd say.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next