guest7
kiranr
Mr Nick09
Zealous
Bellabong
Onyx
11 posters

Go down

'Mourinho is a football coach who never talks about football' - Vilanova Empty 'Mourinho is a football coach who never talks about football' - Vilanova

Post by Onyx Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 pm

"It cannot be that a coach says each week whatever he wants and when someone answers him, he jumps on top of them. In the end, Mourinho is a football coach who never talks about football, and we don't like that," Vilanova stated to La Vanguardia in 2010.

"Mourinho's teams try to have six players, four defenders and two defensive midfielders, who are very tight at the back, who are usually physical footballers. And the four in front of them peel off and wait. You can't expect Mourinho's teams to be aesthetically pleasing or for them to play really well."

Vilanova also slammed the Madrid boss for his tendency to be the centre of attention.

"It's not good when coaches are such protagonists. I can only understand that a coach wants more attention because he hasn't experienced the sensation that the players go through. He would like to be a footballer because he was never one.

Last edited by mtfootball on Thu May 03, 2012 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

'Mourinho is a football coach who never talks about football' - Vilanova Empty Re: 'Mourinho is a football coach who never talks about football' - Vilanova

Post by Bellabong Thu May 03, 2012 1:20 pm

Well Mou did play 4:3:3 @ Chelsea >.>
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

'Mourinho is a football coach who never talks about football' - Vilanova Empty Re: 'Mourinho is a football coach who never talks about football' - Vilanova

Post by Zealous Thu May 03, 2012 1:26 pm

These comments were made in 2010 so Pito wasn't Barca coach at the time when he said this.

I wonder if he'll hold his view now that he is coach hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 03, 2012 1:28 pm

well, he is not wrong about the style of play of mourinho tho
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Actually he kind of is. It's similar but not the same as we play atm.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 03, 2012 1:33 pm

There are changes in his style with Madrid. But Tito has got the gist of it very right.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Doesn't account for Chelsea's 4-3-3 though or Porto's.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 03, 2012 1:36 pm

But he does not use 4-3-3 anymore, does he?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu May 03, 2012 1:38 pm

kiranr wrote:

yeah, vs. barca with 3 dms :vagi:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Se7en wrote:
kiranr wrote:

yeah, vs. barca with 3 dms :vagi:

lol yeah i forgot.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 03, 2012 4:46 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/jose-mourinho-congratulates-pep-guardiola-finishing-second-051712164.html

:lol!:

Pepington. Hello.

First, I would like to congratulate you on beating Malaga. That must have been an enjoyable experience. Until I stepped on your happiness and did Macarena on it by winning La Liga right afterwards. Now my players -- the best players -- toss me towards the heavens while I shout for joy like this: "Ahhhhhh Peppleberries."

Note how Ramos does not drop me. This is because I am more special than Copa del Rey trophy. Which you can have because I do not need it anymore. It is beneath me now. Which is why it is perfect for you. I laugh now.

Let's review chronology of events, Pepaulettes. First, I beat you. Then, my Chelsea beats you. Then, you decide to quit football. Then, I win La Liga. And soon, I will win Champions League again. It looks to me like you could not handle being the wilted lettuce that everyone pulls out of a delicious Mourinho sandwich and throws away so you decide to throw yourself away instead. This analogy is perfect. Unlike your tactics. I laugh now.

I win seven titles in four countries. You win three titles in one country and then quit because winning makes you tired. It does not make me tired, Peppermill. It makes me feel good. It makes me feel complete. It makes me feel...wait for it...spectacular. Did you think I was going to say "special?" This is why I am ahead of you, Pepsi. Shut up.

And by the way, Peppermints -- I have message from my dear friend Zlatan Ibrahimovic for you. Zlatan says: "Knock, knock. 'Who's there?' Zlatan. 'Zlatan who?' I am Zlatan. And I am going to pay someone to do this at your house every day until you return to football so I can defeat you myself. Head kick! Zlatzee!" I. Laugh. Now.

I must wrap up, Peptalk. Your season and job is over except for previously belittled Copa del Rey, but I have celebration to attend and preparations to make for Munich, when my Chelsea will win Champions League. If they succeed, it is because of me. If they fail, Rafa Benitez and Andre Villas-Boas are to blame. Perfect. And now, there is just one last thing for me to say: Cristiano rules and Messi drools. Good luck living a life as boring as watching a Barcelona match.

Respectfully yours,

Jose

P.S. I miss you already.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu May 03, 2012 5:03 pm

"It's not good when coaches are such protagonists."

Yes it is. It takes the pressure off the players.

"You can't expect Mourinho's teams to be aesthetically pleasing or for them to play really well."

Yes you can. You want examples? Mou's Porto, Chelsea, Inter and the current Real Madrid.

"In the end, Mourinho is a football coach who never talks about football, and we don't like that,"

Last I checked referees were a part of Football Laughing

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 03, 2012 5:12 pm

Didn't this happen right after Mourinho poked his eye? You have to see historical quotes in their historical context.

Also, what he said is 100% true.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Adit wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/jose-mourinho-congratulates-pep-guardiola-finishing-second-051712164.html

That is three years of butthurt, right there.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 03, 2012 5:21 pm

pipe down, you have no sense of humor
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Adit wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/jose-mourinho-congratulates-pep-guardiola-finishing-second-051712164.html

Pepington. Hello.

First, I would like to congratulate you on beating Malaga. That must have been an enjoyable experience. Until I stepped on your happiness and did Macarena on it by winning La Liga right afterwards. Now my players -- the best players -- toss me towards the heavens while I shout for joy like this: "Ahhhhhh Peppleberries."

Note how Ramos does not drop me. This is because I am more special than Copa del Rey trophy. Which you can have because I do not need it anymore. It is beneath me now. Which is why it is perfect for you. I laugh now.

Let's review chronology of events, Pepaulettes. First, I beat you. Then, my Chelsea beats you. Then, you decide to quit football. Then, I win La Liga. And soon, I will win Champions League again. It looks to me like you could not handle being the wilted lettuce that everyone pulls out of a delicious Mourinho sandwich and throws away so you decide to throw yourself away instead. This analogy is perfect. Unlike your tactics. I laugh now.

I win seven titles in four countries. You win three titles in one country and then quit because winning makes you tired. It does not make me tired, Peppermill. It makes me feel good. It makes me feel complete. It makes me feel...wait for it...spectacular. Did you think I was going to say "special?" This is why I am ahead of you, Pepsi. Shut up.

And by the way, Peppermints -- I have message from my dear friend Zlatan Ibrahimovic for you. Zlatan says: "Knock, knock. 'Who's there?' Zlatan. 'Zlatan who?' I am Zlatan. And I am going to pay someone to do this at your house every day until you return to football so I can defeat you myself. Head kick! Zlatzee!" I. Laugh. Now.

I must wrap up, Peptalk. Your season and job is over except for previously belittled Copa del Rey, but I have celebration to attend and preparations to make for Munich, when my Chelsea will win Champions League. If they succeed, it is because of me. If they fail, Rafa Benitez and Andre Villas-Boas are to blame. Perfect. And now, there is just one last thing for me to say: Cristiano rules and Messi drools. Good luck living a life as boring as watching a Barcelona match.

Respectfully yours,

Jose

P.S. I miss you already.

epic amounts of butthurt
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu May 03, 2012 5:23 pm

Sorry Nick,

That is three years of butthurt right there :lol!:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 03, 2012 5:27 pm

you do realize that the piece is mocking Mourinho first and foremost right? then his secret lover pep
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Adit wrote:

Note how Ramos does not drop me. This is because I am more special than Copa del Rey trophy.

Lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum